PDA

View Full Version : Hibs in Brazil

barcahibs
31-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Round at an old friend's house and discovered this strange paper document thing on his coffee table. Apparently it's called a "newspaper"... Its quite cute really, it's like a really bad website that someone has printed out on cheap paper.

But anyway, this "papernews" is called the Sunday Post and it's got a wee feature on the high tech groundbreaking outfit that the Hibs team will be wearing on their trip to Brazil in 1953. (I think events in 1953 are regarded as current news by the Sunday Post).

Loving the ultra short sleeves and "nylon" briefs - as well as the cork soles on the boots!

Hopefully the photo has attached, doing this from my phone and it doesn't appear to be available online

Green Reaper
31-07-2016, 04:58 PM
That's excellent, cashmere stockings no less!

barcahibs
31-07-2016, 05:01 PM
That's excellent, cashmere stockings no less!

Aye well seeing there was no Rod Petrie in charge of the socks budget back then!

HIBERNIAN-0762
31-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Excellent photo! one for the museum please. :thumbsup:

Jack Hackett
31-07-2016, 06:08 PM
Round at an old friend's house and discovered this strange paper document thing on his coffee table. Apparently it's called a "newspaper"... Its quite cute really, it's like a really bad website that someone has printed out on cheap paper.

But anyway, this "papernews" is called the Sunday Post and it's got a wee feature on the high tech groundbreaking outfit that the Hibs team will be wearing on their trip to Brazil in 1953. (I think events in 1953 are regarded as current news by the Sunday Post).

Loving the ultra short sleeves and "nylon" briefs - as well as the cork soles on the boots!

Hopefully the photo has attached, doing this from my phone and it doesn't appear to be available online

Brilliant image....and very droll from yourself :thumbsup:

Eyrie
31-07-2016, 06:17 PM
That shirt is a thing of beauty.