PDA

View Full Version : Copyright of old Hibs photos or match programmes

Hibby Bairn
30-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Does anyone know if a database exists of old Hibs photos and who the copyright holder is?

Also who to contact to use front page images of old Hibs programmes?

hibbybrian
31-07-2016, 03:32 PM
Does anyone know if a database exists of old Hibs photos and who the copyright holder is?

During the summer of 1949, Harry Swan commissioned Magnus Williamson to produce and edit the new style programme. At the time, anyone wanting a copy of the photographs was directed to the Editor. Magnus went on to become a City Councillor in the early 1960s.

The 1949-1950 cover photographs were from various sources including the Daily Herald, Daily Record, Evening News and Photo Illustrations.

1950-1951 were mainly from a Roy Cameron, with the Edinburgh Dispatch and the Daily Mail also contributing.

1951-1952 were mainly from a Roy Cameron and the Daily Mail

1952-1953 were mainly from the Daily Mail, Roy Cameron and the Daily Record

1953-1954 the Daily Mail

Alfred E Newman
31-07-2016, 05:23 PM

I used to have a fairly large collection of Programmes from the 60s and early 70s until my good wife threw them out during a flitting in the mid 70s. I was not amused I can tell you and it almost brought to a premature end what has been a long and happy marriage!
As you know Hibs always featured a shot from the previous home game and I used to love occasionally looking back through them. One that did survive is the East Fife , John Brownlie leg break game immediately after the 7-0 game with the iconic photo of Jimmy sliding in for the 6th.