PDA

View Full Version : Derek riordan

Allant1981
29-07-2016, 11:07 AM
Just noticed he played for a local amatuer side in their recent game against salvesen, surely he can play at a higher level than this? Sorry for another riordan thread!!

snooky
29-07-2016, 11:12 AM
Just noticed he played for a local amatuer side in their recent game against salvesen, surely he can play at a higher level than this? Sorry for another riordan thread!!

And he scored.

CB_NO3
29-07-2016, 11:14 AM
The St Bernards manager is his mate and he played after losing a bet.

calumhibee1
29-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Good on him. While I'd agree it's disappointing that hes slipped to that level it's good to see him playing football for the love of the game. Will be a great experience for the St Bernard's boys and I'm sure Derek will enjoy it aswell. They're a pretty handy side by all accounts so while it's clearly not SPL titles with Celtic etc there's a good chance if he signs he will win plenty trophies.

Pretty Boy
29-07-2016, 11:28 AM
'A deft touch with his right foot and curled it home using his left' according to the report I read.

You could have copied and pasted that a few times from his Hibs career.

easty
29-07-2016, 11:43 AM
Good on him. While I'd agree it's disappointing that hes slipped to that level it's good to see him playing football for the love of the game. Will be a great experience for the St Bernard's boys and I'm sure Derek will enjoy it aswell. They're a pretty handy side by all accounts so while it's clearly not SPL titles with Celtic etc there's a good chance if he signs he will win plenty trophies.

:agree: certainly was :wink:

db03
29-07-2016, 12:28 PM
:agree: certainly was :wink:
Do you play for them?

whereswallace?
29-07-2016, 12:30 PM
I'm the manager, and Deek is a close friend of mine and some of the boys. Managed to get him to play after a few shandys on Saturday night and a losing bet at darts. We enjoyed having him and he enjoyed his run out.

He was brilliant and a great boost for the boys to play alongside one of their heroes.

Ps, the goal was one we've seen many times! If you go over to our St Bernards page, it was caught on camera!

whereswallace?
29-07-2016, 12:31 PM
Do you play for them?

He attends! Haha

Dashing Bob S
29-07-2016, 12:31 PM
Sad how these threads have gone from "in a heartbeat" to "anybody think he could still do a job for us" to "I see he's..." But I suppose that's the nature of sport.

Do you think he knows of any good Irish pubs?

easty
29-07-2016, 12:36 PM
Do you play for them?

He attends! Haha

I'm the only reason he came along...wanted to be able to say he'd played at least once with a legend like me. :greengrin

edinburghhibee
29-07-2016, 12:37 PM
He attends! Haha

Andys been attending at football for years. Brutal headerer of a ball in the opposing box by the way. 50p heed. 😜👌🏻

easty
29-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Andys been attending at football for years. Brutal headerer of a ball in the opposing box by the way. 50p heed. 😜👌🏻

:blah:

I've probably scored more goals than you, and you were up front!

Just you worry about no catching criminals, and I'll worry about no scoring heeders :greengrin

edinburghhibee
29-07-2016, 02:00 PM
:blah: I've probably scored more goals than you, and you were up front! Just you worry about no catching criminals, and I'll worry about no scoring heeders :greengrin

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Haymaker
29-07-2016, 02:51 PM
Reckon he could do a job for us

Allant1981
29-07-2016, 03:20 PM
The St Bernards manager is his mate and he played after losing a bet.

Ahh i see, thought he had maybe signed for them

whereswallace?
29-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Ahh i see, thought he had maybe signed for them

I'm hoping it's not his last appearance for us!

BroxburnHibee
01-08-2016, 08:18 AM
I'm the manager, and Deek is a close friend of mine and some of the boys. Managed to get him to play after a few shandys on Saturday night and a losing bet at darts. We enjoyed having him and he enjoyed his run out.

He was brilliant and a great boost for the boys to play alongside one of their heroes.

Ps, the goal was one we've seen many times! If you go over to our St Bernards page, it was caught on camera!

Nice to see this quote being lifted straight from here into today's EN.

At least the site got a mention :greengrin

silverhibee
01-08-2016, 09:18 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/riordan-s-amateur-debut-came-after-darts-loss-1-4190684