PDA

View Full Version : Hearts New Stand

greenginger
29-07-2016, 08:57 AM
I see Hearts have now been granted planning permission for the proposed building under their Wheatfield Stand, with a few interesting restrictions.

The very first line of the conditions state " in the event that the main stand is redeveloped ". Must still be some doubts that it will happen.

There is a maximum 3 years occupation period for the building as a temp. shop, ticket office and changing rooms.

The changing rooms will be for the sole use of Hearts and not community use.

The legacy use for patrons of the Wheatfield Stand on match days will be OK, but further discussions and agreements need to be in place before any community use can be approved.

Looks like Mrs Budge has 3 years from yesterday to get the new stand built. Also I don't see how any grant for the work can be provided by the Scottish Football Partnership ( even if the Hearts architect , James Clydesdale, is a director ) given there will be no community use of the facilities as currently approved.

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-07-2016, 09:18 AM
I'm sure any drawbacks will be smoothed out at the next lodge meeting.

**** them and their stand.

NAE NOOKIE
29-07-2016, 09:24 AM
I see Hearts have now been granted planning permission for the proposed building under their Wheatfield Stand, with a few interesting restrictions.

The very first line of the conditions state " in the event that the main stand is redeveloped ". Must still be some doubts that it will happen.

There is a maximum 3 years occupation period for the building as a temp. shop, ticket office and changing rooms.

The changing rooms will be for the sole use of Hearts and not community use.

The legacy use for patrons of the Wheatfield Stand on match days will be OK, but further discussions and agreements need to be in place before any community use can be approved.

Looks like Mrs Budge has 3 years from yesterday to get the new stand built. Also I don't see how any grant for the work can be provided by the Scottish Football Partnership ( even if the Hearts architect , James Clydesdale, is a director ) given there will be no community use of the facilities as currently approved.

Face it mate, they are going to build it. I wish more clubs in Scotland would get the finger out and at least attempt to improve their infrastructure, I cite all the usual suspects from my past rants on this subject.

Having said that .... The good news about this stand when it does get built, is that so far as main stands go we are definitely talking about bargain basement. Now most Yams will tell you that they are 'delighted' with the single tier effort they are getting that doesn't even have corporate areas that will face the pitch and will leave the PBS looking like those shoebox stadiums kids used to make.

But the truth is that what they wanted was a 2 tier effort with corporate between the two decks showing panoramic views of the stadium's interior, and that would definitely give them a bigger capacity than ER. To be honest I couldn't care if it did, but its pleasing to know they will be disappointed if they are short when the new stand is finished.

At the end of the day Easter Road will still be the superior stadium, even as it is now, and if ( when ) we get around to filling in the corners it will utterly kick the Pink Bus Shelters ass ........ and they know it :greengrin

Booked4Being-Ugly
29-07-2016, 09:29 AM
It will still be a *****ehole with or without a new stand.

TrinityHibs
29-07-2016, 09:41 AM
Face it mate, they are going to build it. I wish more clubs in Scotland would get the finger out and at least attempt to improve their infrastructure, I cite all the usual suspects from my past rants on this subject.

Having said that .... The good news about this stand when it does get built, is that so far as main stands go we are definitely talking about bargain basement. Now most Yams will tell you that they are 'delighted' with the single tier effort they are getting that doesn't even have corporate areas that will face the pitch and will leave the PBS looking like those shoebox stadiums kids used to make.

But the truth is that what they wanted was a 2 tier effort with corporate between the two decks showing panoramic views of the stadium's interior, and that would definitely give them a bigger capacity than ER. To be honest I couldn't care if it did, but its pleasing to know they will be disappointed if they are short when the new stand is finished.

At the end of the day Easter Road will still be the superior stadium, even as it is now, and if ( when ) we get around to filling in the corners it will utterly kick the Pink Bus Shelters ass ........ and they know it :greengrin

Do you know this for sure? I thought there was a shortfall in funding. Remember Vlad was also going to build the new stand and he lodged a planning application with an inordinate amount of boxes and finance from some ore smelting pension fund. Do you have any idea how many boxes have been lodged with the new planning application and when it is going to committee? It must be imminent to hit the November site start promised by Budge in May

Mikey
29-07-2016, 09:44 AM
If they're spending money on a stand then they're not going to be spending it on players.

We've been there and done that!

Assuming they pay their bills this time that is.

Waxy
29-07-2016, 09:46 AM
They do what they want.

Kato
29-07-2016, 09:46 AM
Face it mate, they are going to build it.......

Really? Word is that The John Robertson Suite has been garde A listed due to it's intricate masticking work and artful signage.

Ozyhibby
29-07-2016, 09:56 AM
They will build it. There is a shortfall in funding which is why they are desperate to sell Patterson and Walker. They are almost at the stage of hanging for sale signs round their necks.
Problem is, Patterson has had a bit of a loss of form and Walker keeps telling everybody that his knees are goosed and he is playing through the pain barrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
29-07-2016, 09:59 AM
Once they've built the main stand they can start on doing proper stands for the rest of the stadium.

It really is a dump and one shiny new stand won't cut it.

Kojock
29-07-2016, 10:00 AM
You can put a turd in a designer suit but it will still be a turd.

Borderhibbie76
29-07-2016, 10:02 AM
It will still be a rusting pink s###hole....one new cheap single tier effort won't change that

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

nellio
29-07-2016, 11:56 AM
I still cant understand how they are paying for it. From what I read they have half the money and will somehow get the other half together at some point! I would have though they would have needed 100% of the funding in place before they can start construction?

BSEJVT
29-07-2016, 12:02 PM
It will still look a big Pink Bus Shelter which wont have a UEFA complaint pitch and will still be surrounded by three stands that a child building them from meccano would discount as too steep and unsafe.

It will still be populated by window licking six fingered deviants whose idea of creating an atmosphere is to whirl their scarfs provocatively, whilst falling arse over tit down their death trap stairs on their way to seats sold too cheaply to be economically viable in a sad bid to attract larger crowds than their neighbours

**** it and **** them

The future is green and white

lord bunberry
29-07-2016, 12:08 PM
It will still look a big Pink Bus Shelter which wont have a UEFA complaint pitch and will still be surrounded by three stands that a child building them from meccano would discount as too steep and unsafe.

It will still be populated by window licking six fingered deviants whose idea of creating an atmosphere is to whirl their scarfs provocatively, whilst falling arse over tit down their death trap stairs on their way to seats sold too cheaply to be economically viable in a sad bid to attract larger crowds than their neighbours

**** it and **** them

The future is green and white
:not worth:not worth:top marks

GreenArmyyy!
29-07-2016, 12:17 PM
They can build a stand all they like, they'll still be left with three that are falling down. 😂

Dashing Bob S
29-07-2016, 12:33 PM
What are they building underneath the stand? A detention centre designed by Belgian nonce farmers?

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-07-2016, 12:42 PM
What are they building underneath the stand? A detention centre designed by Belgian nonce farmers?

Too many question marks for one of your normally factual posts DBS! :-)

JDHibs
29-07-2016, 01:35 PM
They could build the new stand in gold and it would still be a s**thole.

You cant polish a turd!

Bostonhibby
29-07-2016, 03:29 PM
Too many question marks for one of your normally factual posts DBS! :-)

:greengrin

Finn2015
29-07-2016, 03:31 PM
What will the capacity be at the danger of sounding as boring as a yam? Just wondering

Moulin Yarns
29-07-2016, 03:33 PM
What will the capacity be at the danger of sounding as boring as a yam? Just wondering

17,420 + "up to 3,000 additional seats" according to the pre-application PAN.

TrinityHibs
29-07-2016, 03:45 PM

The description in the PAN says circa. The development management sub committee report says approximately. How hard is it for them to say 3,002 in a Tardis.

Onion
29-07-2016, 04:09 PM
After the fiasco that was Hearts' Admin, all bets are off. They were (until 21 May 2016) the luckiest club in the world and will come out of whatever hole they dig themselves into .... smelling.

Finn2015
29-07-2016, 04:42 PM

Thanks so a bit shy of the hundreds of thousands of fans they have then 😂

WhileTheChief..
29-07-2016, 04:59 PM
So they're going to have corporate boxes on the outside of the stand facing the street?? Is that a new level of stupidly for them or is this how the big clubs do things?

Thats just monumentally crazy. Kinda similar to the new bus stops the council have been putting up that have the glass on the wrong side.

Ozyhibby
29-07-2016, 05:05 PM
So they're going to have corporate boxes on the outside of the stand facing the street?? Is that a new level of stupidly for them or is this how the big clubs do things?

Thats just monumentally crazy. Kinda similar to the new bus stops the council have been putting up that have the glass on the wrong side.

I'm sure they have decent castle views and were planning a restaurant up there. Let's face it, what would you rather look at if you were dinning there?

Keith_M
29-07-2016, 05:07 PM
The capacity of ER is 20,421, so my guess is they'll build something that brings their's up to 20,422.

WhileTheChief..
29-07-2016, 05:12 PM
^^^ And as soon as they are finished building we should stick a few seats in the corner of the West / FF just to , you know, annoy them. :greengrin:greengrin

Blaster
29-07-2016, 05:14 PM
^^^ And as soon as they are finished building we should stick a few seats in the corner of the West / FF just to , you know, annoy them. :greengrin:greengrin

Exactly, do our safe standing area in one of the corners 😄

Treadstone
29-07-2016, 05:16 PM
I'm sure they have decent castle views and were planning a restaurant up there. Let's face it, what would you rather look at if you were dinning there?

Unrestricted views of Tynie High. Know your market.

Nonces.

Keith_M
29-07-2016, 05:17 PM

I would willingly contribute towards the cost

Kavinho
29-07-2016, 05:32 PM
"Now thats a Planning Application"....

livi hibs 1875
29-07-2016, 06:37 PM

Crowd funding is the answer if they ever build this leggo stand thingy, just to piss them right off #BIGGER AND BETTER BY 1

Gmack7
29-07-2016, 06:39 PM

And me great idea

Andy74
29-07-2016, 06:47 PM

1 more than Hibs no doubt.

O'Rourke3
29-07-2016, 06:52 PM
It will have to be at least 200 more to deal with their self imposed segregation. They'll never get a sell out 😀

Sent via the bushes @ EM

GreenLake
29-07-2016, 07:47 PM

Just make them debenture seats. I'll buy two seats providing there is a private lounge called "Henderson's Corner" which serves alcohol and Grass Fed Angus Steak Pies. :greengrin

northstandhibby
29-07-2016, 07:56 PM
I'm not impressed at all with the look of their new stand as per the plans. Looks plain, cheap and nasty for a main stand. I think most of the yams are not overly impressed either but don't want to criticise it. Of course the Press will say it's magnificent as per the constant positive narrative they always spin of their beloved yams.

Come on the Cabbage GGTTH

Pete
29-07-2016, 08:11 PM
Any truth in the rumour that Levein and phoodle had a direct input in the design? A retractable roof was to be left out no matter what.

--------
30-07-2016, 12:21 PM
They could build the new stand in gold and it would still be a s**thole.

You cant polish a turd!

How many times? You CAN polish a turd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI

(But it's still a turd.)

NAE NOOKIE
30-07-2016, 01:16 PM

We wouldn't even have to do that. At the St Johnstone semi I was in the Gorgay stand and I'm positive the seats are an inch to two inches narrower than the ones at Easter Road ..... All we have to do is replace our seats with ones of the same size and ER would hold 25,000 :greengrin

Ergye
30-07-2016, 02:25 PM
They'll need to mind the safety nets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maxCFZgcgfM

jgl07
30-07-2016, 05:48 PM
Once they've built the main stand they can start on doing proper stands for the rest of the stadium.

It really is a dump and one shiny new stand won't cut it.
There is no point doing any rebuilding as the site is too small for purpose.

Far better to bulldoze the whole dump and start again somewhere else.

Finn2015
30-07-2016, 05:57 PM
We wouldn't even have to do that. At the St Johnstone semi I was in the Gorgay stand and I'm positive the seats are an inch to two inches narrower than the ones at Easter Road ..... All we have to do is replace our seats with ones of the same size and ER would hold 25,000 :greengrin

Worth doing just to get them ragin

Keith_M
30-07-2016, 06:00 PM
How many times? You CAN polish a turd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI

(But it's still a turd.)

Given the context, there is NO WAY I'm clicking that link!

ruthven_raiders
30-07-2016, 06:10 PM
1 more than Hibs no doubt.

A while back looked at hearts own stats on capacity of each stand, the total added up to 19598, short of the 20k + they are quoting! That's with a 7k capacity new stand.

southern hibby
30-07-2016, 06:14 PM
Worth doing just to get them ragin

I would do it just in the away end that way more of them in still a bigger stadium and they pay for it. RESULT

GGTTH

jgl07
30-07-2016, 06:17 PM
A while back looked at hearts own stats on capacity of each stand, the total added up to 19598, short of the 20k + they are quoting! That's with a 7k capacity new stand.
They had to take out several rows of seats to increase the run off area.

I don't see them being able to get more than 20,000 on their current site.

ruthven_raiders
30-07-2016, 06:24 PM
They had to take out several rows of seats to increase the run off area.

I don't see them being able to get more than 20,000 on their current site.

They took 280 seats out I think from roseburn stand.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-07-2016, 06:55 PM
Whatever figure they eventually declare once the new tin shed is erected will be a pile of lies anyway. You just can't trust them.

Risible bunch.

greenginger
04-08-2016, 04:18 PM
Further progress on the new stand made today. Building warrant application made today to demolish three buildings behind the old stand. The nursery, the shop and ticket office , and the club offices are to be flattened.

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/scottishBuildingWarrantDetails.do?activeTab=summar y&keyVal=OAYZN8EW01O00

Hope the Mrs Budge remembers they don't actually own any of this property in case they are in a hurry to get the wrecking balls in.

I also noticed that the Warrant application for the temporary changing accommodation under the Wheatfield Stand lists the cost of the work. - £ 907,485.00

Those direct debits will have to keep coming for a bit longer than anticipated.

mutley
04-08-2016, 05:51 PM
I also noticed that the Warrant application for the temporary changing accommodation under the Wheatfield Stand lists the cost of the work. - £ 907,485.00

So that's almost 1 million just for that part alone? What was the overall figure they quoted? Because I can see it going a tad over budget....... A bit like the edin trams!!

Libby Hibby
04-08-2016, 05:54 PM
If the new stand goes ahead, it will simply mean 1 down, 3 to go...

For some uneducated reason, I have a feeling that this stand won't go ahead...too much talk about it, for me, you just crack on with the statutory approvals and start.

Mikers110
04-08-2016, 08:43 PM

There is the TV area to the back of the east that's never used and must be worth a fair number of seats.

Dashing Bob S
05-08-2016, 01:49 AM
We should keep posting pics of Vlad's grandiose new Hearts stand and compare it with the one they actually build.

Ergye
05-08-2016, 02:57 AM
We should keep posting pics of Vlad's grandiose new Hearts stand and compare it with the one they actually build.

Quite.

Will be like comparing the Forth Road Bridge and that fishy smelling slippery walkway to Cramond Island that looks like it's been built to survive a U-boat attack.

cocteautwin
05-08-2016, 04:15 AM
I still cant understand how they are paying for it. From what I read they have half the money and will somehow get the other half together at some point! I would have though they would have needed 100% of the funding in place before they can start construction?

A large part of it is being funded by the fans pot of money that was originally there to contribute to the fan ownership of the club. Seems it's the second time the fans have been diddled by the owners.

green day
05-08-2016, 05:48 AM
A large part of it is being funded by the fans pot of money that was originally there to contribute to the fan ownership of the club. Seems it's the second time the fans have been diddled by the owners.

They are happy with it. FoH waved it through, and the Jambo's I work with agree it's the right thing.

Where they think hearts will struggle is where Budgies financial plan has £XYZ cash from debentures for the new stand. I.e. none of them think there is an appetite to buy a debenture when so many are shelling out for FoH and season tickets already.

bighairyfaeleith
05-08-2016, 05:55 AM
They are happy with it. FoH waved it through, and the Jambo's I work with agree it's the right thing.

Where they think hearts will struggle is where Budgies financial plan has £XYZ cash from debentures for the new stand. I.e. none of them think there is an appetite to buy a debenture when so many are shelling out for FoH and season tickets already.

Then budge will cover it and the fannies will have to keep aying into FOH for a few extra years. I reckon by 2035 they might own the club, but thats probably optimistic for them.

Moulin Yarns
05-08-2016, 06:01 AM
Further progress on the new stand made today. Building warrant application made today to demolish three buildings behind the old stand. The nursery, the shop and ticket office , and the club offices are to be flattened.

https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/scottishBuildingWarrantDetails.do?activeTab=summar y&keyVal=OAYZN8EW01O00

Hope the Mrs Budge remembers they don't actually own any of this property in case they are in a hurry to get the wrecking balls in.

That is a Building Warrant Application, they don't appear to have applied for planning permission that also is required for demolition work. I wouldn't want to suggest this should be brought to the attention of CEC Planning dept. This type of work requires surveys for protected species as a material consideration (bats)

Just saying.

O'Rourke3
05-08-2016, 06:04 AM

Not diddled - educated. Here is the real cost of running and "owning" a football club. Many of them knew they were in for the long hawl. I bet there are still members out there waiting for a white knight new owner to take it all on and start racking up the debt again. Their reality is they can never have a go at Anne Budge. Apart from one or two issues - she's done what she said she'd do. The only thing in her original plan she didn't share(in my view) was she knew she'd have to improve the stadium. She waited for promotion before revealing the obvious to the masses.

Bostonhibby
05-08-2016, 07:46 AM
Then budge will cover it and the fannies will have to keep aying into FOH for a few extra years. I reckon by 2035 they might own the club, but thats probably optimistic for them.
Agree, on the positive side; maybe they will get to own the one stand their money is being diverted to but still have to pay to sit in it.

Is this the fan ownership model they were saying everyone should be following?

TrinityHibs
05-08-2016, 08:14 AM
That is a Building Warrant Application, they don't appear to have applied for planning permission that also is required for demolition work. I wouldn't want to suggest this should be brought to the attention of CEC Planning dept. This type of work requires surveys for protected species as a material consideration (bats)

Just saying.

Are you sure GF. I thought you only needed planning permission if you were demolishing part of a building. If you are knocking down a whole building all you need is prior approval and this is generally covered by the method statements attached to the demolition warrant. Any surveys should form part of the warrant application. On saying that I might be wrong because they keep changing things.

greenginger
05-08-2016, 08:54 AM
Are you sure GF. I thought you only needed planning permission if you were demolishing part of a building. If you are knocking down a whole building all you need is prior approval and this is generally covered by the method statements attached to the demolition warrant. Any surveys should form part of the warrant application. On saying that I might be wrong because they keep changing things.

You don't need planning permission to demolish a building if its not listed or in a conservation area. You just need a building warrant and .........

It helps if you actually own the buildings you are planning to demolish ! :greengrin

AndyM_1875
05-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Not diddled - educated. Here is the real cost of running and "owning" a football club. Many of them knew they were in for the long hawl. I bet there are still members out there waiting for a white knight new owner to take it all on and start racking up the debt again. Their reality is they can never have a go at Anne Budge. Apart from one or two issues - she's done what she said she'd do. The only thing in her original plan she didn't share(in my view) was she knew she'd have to improve the stadium. She waited for promotion before revealing the obvious to the masses.

Mrs B was always good at delivering the message to suit the occasion B.
Always do the easy stuff up front and pick off the low hanging fruit as we say. This gets the roasters onside and after that point they are putty in her hands. She will make a donation but she won't pay for it.

The problems as always are with the money. There will need to be up front funding as they'll actually have to pay for this stand, that will mean a Mortgage of sorts. They have no credit facility right now so a mortgage means paying every month out of their budget, whether that is FoH or the Football Club's turnover. All in, it means less money for the team, there's no getting away from that.

But it's their bed & they can lie in it. When we were running to tight budgets, playing kids and putting our money into bricks and mortar they were throwing theirs away bringing in players they couldn't afford.

Moulin Yarns
05-08-2016, 09:09 AM
You don't need planning permission to demolish a building if its not listed or in a conservation area. You just need a building warrant and .........

It helps if you actually own the buildings you are planning to demolish ! :greengrin

Yep, my mistake, I normally see planning applications for work that involves demolition to then build something else so assumed it was one and the same. But it would be normal to actually own what you want to demolish :agree:

southern hibby
05-08-2016, 09:11 AM

So if they've got this idea of knocking down / demolishing buildings that don't belong to them. Could we in theory apply to knock down *********** as an eye sore.
Imagine us putting an application in to the council for thatprobably be the first fans ever to try that stunt...... Not that I'm planting seeds in anyone's mind to do such a thing. Honest lol

GGTTH

Mikey
05-08-2016, 09:26 AM

Who owns those buildings?

Are they likely to have to pay for them or will the current owners (let's pluck a name out of thin air........... City Of Edinburgh Council) find a way of handing them over?

If they do have to pay for them, how much are we talking?

greenginger
05-08-2016, 09:42 AM
Who owns those buildings?

Are they likely to have to pay for them or will the current owners (let's pluck a name out of thin air........... City Of Edinburgh Council) find a way of handing them over?

If they do have to pay for them, how much are we talking?

Our council owns the Nursery and the building Hearts use for a shop and ticket office.

The Chris Stewart Group own the older stone fronted building that Hearts lease as office space. It is owned by a Chris Stewart subsidury, M and P (P) Ltd , company number SC 480719, and the company still has unsatisfied securities on the property.

When Hearts buy the place the securities will be lifted by the company.

The cost of the building Bought by the Chris Stewart group at auction was 399,136 Euros, and its a fraction of the size of the Council property.

GreenCastle
05-08-2016, 09:52 AM
Makes me laugh they still can't confirm the final capacity..surely they know what it will be.

Hope they build it - that death trap of a stand is not fit for purpose.

Hope they spend lots of money on it and the playing side suffers / fans have to dig deep into pockets for years to come.

Also find it hilarious they plan to spend all this money and keep the pitch the smallest in the Scottish top league. Zero future proofing.

TrinityHibs
05-08-2016, 10:07 AM
Our council owns the Nursery and the building Hearts use for a shop and ticket office.

The Chris Stewart Group own the older stone fronted building that Hearts lease as office space. It is owned by a Chris Stewart subsidury, M and P (P) Ltd , company number SC 480719, and the company still has unsatisfied securities on the property.

When Hearts buy the place the securities will be lifted by the company.

The cost of the building Bought by the Chris Stewart group at auction was 399,136 Euros, and its a fraction of the size of the Council property.

GG The value of the Chris Stewart building has to be in the lease to Hearts. They could structure a similar deal over an extended period in the new stand which would give Chris Stewart an enhanced value over a period of years. No cash up front but a long term liability.

I don't know about the office but I think Hearts will build the new stand around a new nursery and not take title to the council land merely secure rights to build over it. The new nursery could be completely integrated but still be a separate entity. Again no purchase costs but a cost to build plus the cost of rights to build over.

erin go bragh
05-08-2016, 10:40 AM
I've read the existing nursary are refusing to except the new nursary as they are losing all of their outside playing area .
Is this still the case ?
At the end of the day , you can polish a turd and that .
I take it the death trap stairs were forced to walk up to enter the joke of a stand ( when wet , metal rusted stairs are not fit for purpose )

Moulin Yarns
05-08-2016, 12:24 PM
Planning permission applied for, time to scrutinise the application and find fault. :wink:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-seek-main-stand-planning-permission-1-4194538

greenginger
05-08-2016, 12:39 PM
Planning permission applied for, time to scrutinise the application and find fault. :wink:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-seek-main-stand-planning-permission-1-4194538

There is no sign of the application and relevant drawings on the Council planning site yet.

Maybe they forgot application fee. It is the Yams after all.

05-08-2016, 12:48 PM
Makes me laugh they still can't confirm the final capacity..surely they know what it will be.

Hope they build it - that death trap of a stand is not fit for purpose.

Hope they spend lots of money on it and the playing side suffers / fans have to dig deep into pockets for years to come.

Also find it hilarious they plan to spend all this money and keep the pitch the smallest in the Scottish top league. Zero future proofing.

The tramps wont care as long as its at least 1 more than ours. Sticks in their craw that we have a bigger stadium. It doesn't do their "big team, wee team" fantasy any favours.

pacoluna
05-08-2016, 12:50 PM
who cares?

GreenLake
05-08-2016, 12:58 PM

How much money have the fans contributed by donations?

What percentage of ownership control has it bought them?

Moulin Yarns
05-08-2016, 01:00 PM
There is no sign of the application and relevant drawings on the Council planning site yet.

Cheers, the Planning Portal isn't working for me.

Still carrying in all the boxes, methinks.

Geo_1875
05-08-2016, 01:01 PM
How much money have the fans contributed by donations?

What percentage of ownership control has it bought them?

1. Loads

2. **** all

southsider
05-08-2016, 01:08 PM
who cares?

Correct. Hibernian F C are the Scottish Cup holders. End Off.

jgl07
05-08-2016, 05:13 PM

Planning permission is required for any material change in the use of land and buildings. There is no point in demolishing anything unless you are planning to put something in its place.

That is unless the rickety main stand is in a worse state than we realise?

Keith_M
05-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Is it just my imagination or is the illustration of their proposed New Stand exactly the same as the one produced under Romanov?

Kato
05-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Bunch of wallys. Rest assured once this whole farrago is done it'll be the most awkward, tinny, badly painted stink hole of a stadium in the land.

Malthibby
05-08-2016, 07:03 PM
Bunch of wallys. Rest assured once this whole farrago is done it'll STILL be the most awkward, tinny, badly painted stink hole of a stadium in the land.

Fixed that for you....:agree:

Kato
05-08-2016, 07:06 PM
Fixed that for you....:agree:

Aye. Its their taste to be so okey~dokey about that stuff. Lord Raspberrys colours etc, everything they produce has that shan pall about it. Erses.

hailhail22
05-08-2016, 07:52 PM
The capacity of ER is 20,421, so my guess is they'll build something that brings their's up to 20,422.

When I was at the stadium tour today they said the capacity is now just over 21,000, no idea where the almost 600 have been put in but was definitely said by the guy taking the tour.

Aldo
05-08-2016, 08:05 PM
When I was at the stadium tour today they said the capacity is now just over 21,000, no idea where the almost 600 have been put in but was definitely said by the guy taking the tour.

20,421 is the official capacity not 21,000

Finn2015
05-08-2016, 08:10 PM

Right first home game, someone take a section each and count seats 😳

Dashing Bob S
05-08-2016, 09:35 PM

Must have bunged in an extra row in anticipation of the mutants new stand.

green day
07-08-2016, 10:22 AM
I see the old trout http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36999758 is now telling diddy clubs they should know their place.

Also amusingly, she says in 3 years the club will be in control of FoH, when they become the "majority shareholder" of her club.

Im struggling to square that with them having to pay £12M for a new stand as well - or am I just a thick hibby???

Maybe the clue is further down the article where she says "The important thing is not that fans own 75% of the club, it's that fans own 25.1%, so they can stop things happening".

Again, it seems that the drivel spouted by this auld bag is just lapped up by the BBC journos.

marinello59
07-08-2016, 10:27 AM
I see the old trout http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36999758 is now telling diddy clubs they should know their place.

Also amusingly, she says in 3 years the club will be in control of FoH, when they become the "majority shareholder" of her club.

Im struggling to square that with them having to pay £12M for a new stand as well - or am I just a thick hibby???

Maybe the clue is further down the article where she says "The important thing is not that fans own 75% of the club, it's that fans own 25.1%, so they can stop things happening".

Again, it seems that the drivel spouted by this auld bag is just lapped up by the BBC journos.

She's s successful business woman looking at things from a business like perspective and she is right. We do have too many senior clubs in Scotland.

green day
07-08-2016, 10:30 AM
She's s successful business woman looking at things from a business like perspective and she is right. We do have too many senior clubs in Scotland.

I vividly remember the last Hearts owner who came out with this sort of stuff - that didnt end too well.

I am fairly sure that a lot of those running diddy clubs are also successful business people too.

marinello59
07-08-2016, 10:34 AM
I vividly remember the last Hearts owner who came out with this sort of stuff - that didnt end too well.

I am fairly sure that a lot of those running diddy clubs are also successful business people too.

You are the one dismissing them as diddy clubs, not me. Our senior league is too big though.

Ozyhibby
07-08-2016, 10:36 AM
I remember another Hearts chairman who thought there were too many clubs. [emoji35]

Moulin Yarns
07-08-2016, 10:36 AM

Not available to view yet, will need validated, some poor sod has to go through the boxes to make sure everything is in order.

The application number is 16/03823/FUL though :wink:

southsider
07-08-2016, 10:37 AM

I heard she is charging fans 6 percent on her loan to the club. Best interest rate on savings I can find are around 1.65 percent. Fleecing her own fans and not a harsh word one. Are they thick or what ?

Waxy
07-08-2016, 10:39 AM
She's an annoying old bag now. Playing god with Scottish football clubs now.

Smartie
07-08-2016, 10:43 AM
I like her.

Talks sense and brings a fresh perspective.

We need more like her in our game.

Everyone needs to be a lot less precious about constructive criticism.

green day
07-08-2016, 11:13 AM
You are the one dismissing them as diddy clubs, not me. Our senior league is too big though.

OK, poor use of language by me - I was actually paraphrasing what she was saying, and certainly not dismissing small clubs. There may be too many clubs in the senior league, but even if there is a restructure senior to East of Scotland or whatever they will still be there as part of the pyramid system.

Budge has a lot to say for herself - not all good in my opinion, and from what I hear from jambos in the office she is polarising her own support as well.

I come back to my point earlier though - she comes out with statements that seem very sensible, and then about turns - the "Fan Ownership" bit being a case in point. Hearts cant finance the stand without the fans paying for it - so now fan ownership will be kicked down the road.

And unless she decides to forgive the debt, there is sweet FA chance that FoH will own the club in the timescale she states in this article.

Im not a fan.

dchibs
07-08-2016, 11:21 AM
I heard she is charging fans 6 percent on her loan to the club. Best interest rate on savings I can find are around 1.65 percent. Fleecing her own fans and not a harsh word one. Are they thick or what ?
Does anyone know if she takes a salery from them. Im sure when she took over some yams i know told me shed be working for free.

Sergey
07-08-2016, 11:43 AM
According to Kickback - the new capacity of their stadium will be 20,099. Given the source, it's most likely wrong, but you never know, the law of averages means they might call something correctly one day.

Bostonhibby
07-08-2016, 12:05 PM
I remember another Hearts chairman who thought there were too many clubs. [emoji35]

Yep, he made a damn good attempt at getting rid of at least one of them.

NAE NOOKIE
07-08-2016, 01:30 PM
The trouble in Scotland isn't so much that we have too many small clubs .... the problem is that we don't have enough clubs with the potential to be big clubs. Even the two who have managed to emerge, ICT and Ross County do not appear to have the potential to be another Dundee Utd, which is what we really need.
Livingston play in a stadium that should be what ICT have in front of 900 fans and ICT play in a ****hole in front of 3,500, perhaps if they tried to get themselves a proper ground more folk would go to watch them, the fact that in a ground practically north of the bloody Arctic circle they have a main stand with uncovered seats is a joke .... Ross County aside they have no competition in the area within a reasonable travelling distance, which should be an advantage to them.

If I was asked to name the one club who have singularly failed to live up to their potential its Partick Thistle. Instead of cultivating this jolly auld Jags image which makes them so beloved of Glasgow's 'luvvies' they should have vigorously pursued a policy of promoting the club as Glasgow's alternative to the sectarian culture of the old firm. They have a ground with real potential for development and their club colours of red yellow and black are as cool as it gets for making a colourful spectacle on the terraces. Instead of wallowing in self pity and navel gazing, which appears to be the club ethos if you ask me, they could have got the finger out, tried a lot harder to market the club along the lines I have stated and be playing in front of 10,000 every week instead of 3,000.

I have a lot of time for the folk who do support Partick Thistle .... but as a club they get on my tits.

Sorry :soapbox:

Smartie
07-08-2016, 02:47 PM
The trouble in Scotland isn't so much that we have too many small clubs .... the problem is that we don't have enough clubs with the potential to be big clubs. Even the two who have managed to emerge, ICT and Ross County do not appear to have the potential to be another Dundee Utd, which is what we really need.
Livingston play in a stadium that should be what ICT have in front of 900 fans and ICT play in a ****hole in front of 3,500, perhaps if they tried to get themselves a proper ground more folk would go to watch them, the fact that in a ground practically north of the bloody Arctic circle they have a main stand with uncovered seats is a joke .... Ross County aside they have no competition in the area within a reasonable travelling distance, which should be an advantage to them.

If I was asked to name the one club who have singularly failed to live up to their potential its Partick Thistle. Instead of cultivating this jolly auld Jags image which makes them so beloved of Glasgow's 'luvvies' they should have vigorously pursued a policy of promoting the club as Glasgow's alternative to the sectarian culture of the old firm. They have a ground with real potential for development and their club colours of red yellow and black are as cool as it gets for making a colourful spectacle on the terraces. Instead of wallowing in self pity and navel gazing, which appears to be the club ethos if you ask me, they could have got the finger out, tried a lot harder to market the club along the lines I have stated and be playing in front of 10,000 every week instead of 3,000.

I have a lot of time for the folk who do support Partick Thistle .... but as a club they get on my tits.

Personally I think our problem is that neither ourselves, Aberdeen or Hearts (who have decent potential supports) have managed to take a sustained fight to the OF for the past 30 years. There remains too big a gulf in size of club between those 2 and the rest.

I'd love to see a club outwith the OF (but not Hearts obviously) get into a position where a sustained, decent effort can be made in Europe over a few years.

A non-OF team winning the SPFL would be brilliant.

greenginger
07-08-2016, 03:53 PM

I don't see how the yam support owning 25.1 % will stop anything.

They owned a lot more than 25% when mad Vlad came on the scene. All he had to do is tell them he wouldn't invest his millions in Hearts unless they sold him enough shares to hold 75.1 %.

After listening to the sound advice from their slavering chairman Lord Foulkes they rolled over and gave him what he wanted.

Enter another dodgy chancer with promises of Champions League success :greengrin and they'd do it all again.

Keith_M
07-08-2016, 03:56 PM

The only way Partick Thistle will ever win over a sizeable number of potential Fans is when they start consistently winning trophies. That's not going to happen without someone pumping tens of millions into the club.

It is simply much harder for them than many of the other clubs, due to the close proximity and regular success of the Bigot Brothers.

Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen could massively increase their crowds just by winning a trophy every 5 years or so. Thistle would probably need to do so more often than that to increase their crowds by the same extent.

Finn2015
07-08-2016, 03:59 PM

Yes I have to admit I agree

MichaelTheCelt
07-08-2016, 03:59 PM
Any of you lot listening to BBC radio Scotland? Ann Budge on talking to Tom English about Hearts and fan ownership yadda yadda, what an extremely irritating methodical slapping her chops way of speaking she has.

GreenLake
07-08-2016, 04:01 PM

25.1% guarantees they will be majority shareholders right enough. :faf::faf:

Who will be the 74.9% minority shareholder? :faf::faf::faf::faf:

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-08-2016, 07:02 PM
Hearts should sell their old stand to Falkirk

ancient hibee
07-08-2016, 08:48 PM
25.1% guarantees they will be majority shareholders right enough. :faf::faf:

Who will be the 74.9% minority shareholder? :faf::faf::faf::faf:

Most decisions by a company need over 75 percent of the voteIf fans hold over 25 they can veto.

Smartie
07-08-2016, 08:50 PM
Hearts should sell their old stand to Falkirk

I suppose a wall of asbestos protecting them all from a potential blast at Grangemouth isn't that bad an idea.

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2016, 09:03 PM
I don't mind Budge at all. But I get the feeling that Hearts supporters are going to start to 2-3 years down the line.

seanshow
08-08-2016, 06:47 AM
I don't mind Budge at all. But I get the feeling that Hearts supporters are going to start to 2-3 years down the line.

She did reveal one intersting fact about being on the spfl board,
in that the club voting structure for any major decision to be carried in scottish football has changed from a 11-1 vote to a 41-1.( ie one single club can still veto any change to tv deals,summer football etc).

of course the spl clubs had opportunities to change this in 2008 & 2012 and failed to do so, Aberdeen fu*'*ed it fot everyone.
...whatever happens now they can have no complaints.

greenginger
08-08-2016, 08:04 AM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/2015/310516CL%20current%20status.pdf

Came across the SFA club licensing tables.

Any idea why the Yams are graded as "entry level" same as Albion Rovers, Montrose and Clyde ?

jgl07
08-08-2016, 08:20 AM

The term Senior Club is totally meaningless. Scotland now has a pyramid system as does England. In Scotland there are 42 clubs within a national league system and others regionalised. In England there are 114 clubs in a national system and many others regionalised. Where do you put the divide?

My view is that the Senior Clubs are the Premiership and the Championship. That is 22 not 42 clubs. Redesignating League One and League Two as non-senior would do bugger all for anyone unless you break the promotion and relegation link.

It is a typical 'managerial' from someone you know damn all about football.

Perhaps she has in mind the lunatic ideas from the 1990s to merge clubs along the lines of one for Edinburgh, one for Fife, one for Dundee, one for Aberdeen, etc. Of course they didn't propose one club for Glasgow!

Anyone come not out with rubbish like that deserves to be in the Wallace Mercer hall of infamy.

Joe Baker2
08-08-2016, 09:46 AM
how about they use the money they've raised to pay off some their debts first. Charity shops, Council tax, other clubs etc..

brog
08-08-2016, 09:59 AM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/2015/310516CL%20current%20status.pdf

Any idea why the Yams are graded as "entry level" same as Albion Rovers, Montrose and Clyde ?

I suspect may be due to their "insolvency event", I see Pars are also listed. If you re-offend within 5 years of being insolvent ( in admin ) there's a different scale of punishments. One way of tracking this would be to keep those clubs at entry level until 5 year period has expired.

Ozyhibby
08-08-2016, 10:05 AM
The term Senior Club is totally meaningless. Scotland now has a pyramid system as does England. In Scotland there are 42 clubs within a national league system and others regionalised. In England there are 114 clubs in a national system and many others regionalised. Where do you put the divide?

My view is that the Senior Clubs are the Premiership and the Championship. That is 22 not 42 clubs. Redesignating League One and League Two as non-senior would do bugger all for anyone unless you break the promotion and relegation link.

It is a typical 'managerial' from someone you know damn all about football.

Perhaps she has in mind the lunatic ideas from the 1990s to merge clubs along the lines of one for Edinburgh, one for Fife, one for Dundee, one for Aberdeen, etc. Of course they didn't propose one club for Glasgow!

Anyone come not out with rubbish like that deserves to be in the Wallace Mercer hall of infamy.

I think she will be referring to their input into the decision making process and the subsidy they receive from the top league.

CropleyWasGod
08-08-2016, 10:07 AM

I had to get my head around the licensing stuff when the RFC situation was ongoing.

IIRC, clubs need 3 years' audited accounts in order to gain access to the next licensing level. Clearly, Hearts don't, given their period in admin.

That said, I thought that UEFA demanded that same 3 years' accounts in order to play in their competitions. I must have misremembered that.

Maybe we can ask UEFA before Hearts play their next Europa League tie. :cb

greenginger
08-08-2016, 10:10 AM
I suspect may be due to their "insolvency event", I see Pars are also listed. If you re-offend within 5 years of being insolvent ( in admin ) there's a different scale of punishments. One way of tracking this would be to keep those clubs at entry level until 5 year period has expired.

Dundee are bronze, Rangers are silver :confused: , the whole of the Highland League are at entry level and they've probably not had an insolvency event between them.

But getting back to Mrs Budge problem with too many senior clubs , it should be suggested all those with " entry level " licenses be relegated to junior leagues. I'm sure she will agree , for the good of the game.

CropleyWasGod
08-08-2016, 10:13 AM
how about they use the money they've raised to pay off some their debts first. Charity shops, Council tax, other clubs etc..

That ship..... sorry... that submarine sailed a long time ago.

jgl07
08-08-2016, 11:31 AM
I think she will be referring to their input into the decision making process and the subsidy they receive from the top league.

Well the other clubs obviously disagree.

There was a 12 team SPL and a 30 team SFL. Now there is a 42 team SPFL.

I am sure that the issues of governance and finance would have been sorted out. This has been in put in place quite recently.

Now some arrogant *****, with next to no experience of football administration, comes along and tells everyone that they got it wrong.

Maybe I am being unfair? After all she ran a computer software company so she must know what she is talking about!

GreenLake
08-08-2016, 11:46 AM
Most decisions by a company need over 75 percent of the voteIf fans hold over 25 they can veto.

Most decisions in the operation of a company don't go to a vote and regardless of the power to throw in a spanner at board meetings, 25.1% is not a shareholder majority. That would be 50.1%.

Ozyhibby
08-08-2016, 11:48 AM

I am sure that the issues of governance and finance would have been sorted out. This has been in put in place quite recently.

Now some arrogant *****, with next to no experience of football administration, comes along and tells everyone that they got it wrong.

Maybe I am being unfair? After all she ran a computer software company so she must know what she is talking about!

I think we need people with no experience of football administration running our game now, if I'm honest. The people who have the experience have been failing miserably for 30+ years.

CropleyWasGod
08-08-2016, 11:50 AM

She's not telling everyone they got it wrong. She is offering her opinion. "I think 42 senior clubs is too many for Scotland."

It's up to others to agree or disagree. Personally, I don't see any arrogance.

greenginger
08-08-2016, 11:52 AM
Back on the thread title re their new stand.

Just drove down Mcleod Street. Site investigation vans and drilling machines delivered to their car parking area beside their shop.

I wonder when they'll get round to actually buying the land they are going to build on.

Bostonhibby
08-08-2016, 12:29 PM
Back on the thread title re their new stand.

Just drove down Mcleod Street. Site investigation vans and drilling machines delivered to their car parking area beside their shop.

I wonder when they'll get round to actually buying the land they are going to build on.
Drilling on land they don't own?

Has oil been discovered and the city council want to get a head start?

Wee Effen Bee
08-08-2016, 12:55 PM
She's not telling everyone they got it wrong. She is offering her opinion. "I think 42 senior clubs is too many for Scotland."

I don't see the arrogance either but I do see the ignorance. These diddy clubs run by diddies, to paraphrase a well-respected, articulate and intelligent summariser:wink:, are business people in their own right. Many of them work extremely hard and have so many plates spinning at once but don't get the acknowledgement and praise they deserve. Some of these small clubs have been living within their means for a 100 years or so, paying their bills and taxes and not racking up unpayable debt - unlike Budge's own club and the mighty West Of Scotland FC. Their fans deserve to have a club to support and, for me, they are the best supporters in the world: supporting clubs that will be lucky to win anything in their lifetime.

NAE NOOKIE
08-08-2016, 06:00 PM
I don't see the arrogance either but I do see the ignorance. These diddy clubs run by diddies, to paraphrase a well-respected, articulate and intelligent summariser:wink:, are business people in their own right. Many of them work extremely hard and have so many plates spinning at once but don't get the acknowledgement and praise they deserve. Some of these small clubs have been living within their means for a 100 years or so, paying their bills and taxes and not racking up unpayable debt - unlike Budge's own club and the mighty West Of Scotland FC. Their fans deserve to have a club to support and, for me, they are the best supporters in the world: supporting clubs that will be lucky to win anything in their lifetime.

Exactly ..... Its hard going being a Hibby because we expect our club to be there or thereabouts when it comes to the business end of competitions but we so rarely manage to get over the line. Every now and then though we do it, so as things stand there isn't a single Hibs fan who hasn't seen the club win at least one trophy.

Folk who support clubs like Berwick Rangers, Albion Rovers and Stenhousemuir week in week out are unlikely to ever have a day like we did at Hampden, so they deserve our respect.

ACLeith
08-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Folk who support clubs like Berwick Rangers, Albion Rovers and Stenhousemuir week in week out are unlikely to ever have a day like we did at Hampden, so they deserve our respect.

Many years ago I was en-route to a conference on a Saturday afternoon and passed through Stenhousemuir. It was pouring and as I passed Ochilview I saw a few hardy souls under umbrellas on the terracing. When I arrived a few non-fitba folk at the venue called them idiots. I argued with them and said they were the lifeblood of football in our country.

Still think that when i see a tiny number of fans in our away end, especially when they're from the west and support their local team.

jgl07
08-08-2016, 07:07 PM

What I was saying that the term Senior Club has no meaning whatsoever. Certainly in the context of a pyramid system that allows any team to work their way up through to the top. A new Hibernian club might have had to do just that had Wallace Mercer succeeded in shutting Hibernian down.

AFC Wimbledon have fought their way through the English pyramid system. That goodness that Ann Budge was not in charge to put a stop to it.

In Scotland, Senior Clubs include the Highland and Lowland Leagues not to mention the East of Scotland and the South of Scotland Leagues.

The kind of people who keep the likes of Montrose going despite very small crowds know a damn sight more about Football than Ann Budge.

If 42 is too many, how many 'Senior' Clubs should there be? 12?, 22?, 32?, or 3?

How to you get to the desired number of 'Senior' clubs, merger, closure, instruments of destruction.

It was a stupid sound bight that said absolutely nothing apart from get these wee teams out the way of the 'Big Teams' like Hearts, Rangers and Celtic presumably?

It was certainly arrogance and that is not a matter of opinion.

Maybe accountants will disagree!

--------
09-08-2016, 12:36 PM
What I was saying that the term Senior Club has no meaning whatsoever. Certainly in the context of a pyramid system that allows any team to work their way up through to the top. A new Hibernian club might have had to do just that had Wallace Mercer succeeded in shutting Hibernian down.

AFC Wimbledon have fought their way through the English pyramid system. That goodness that Ann Budge was not in charge to put a stop to it.

In Scotland, Senior Clubs include the Highland and Lowland Leagues not to mention the East of Scotland and the South of Scotland Leagues.

The kind of people who keep the likes of Montrose going despite very small crowds know a damn sight more about Football than Ann Budge.

If 42 is too many, how many 'Senior' Clubs should there be? 12?, 22?, 32?, or 3?

How to you get to the desired number of 'Senior' clubs, merger, closure, instruments of destruction.

It was a stupid sound bight that said absolutely nothing apart from get these wee teams out the way of the 'Big Teams' like Hearts, Rangers and Celtic presumably?

Absolutely agree. It's the sort of perverted thinking that led to the formation of a 'top ten' SPL in the first place - non-OF 'big'(ish) clubs trying to corner resources for themselves, but forgetting that the OF would manipulate the new system to their own advantage.

A Big Two Plus Eight, with the Eight eventually getting a royal roasting from the Ugly Sisters.

Brunswickbill
09-08-2016, 06:47 PM
I listened to the "interview" if you can call it that. Tom English didn't ask any searching questions. It was like he was asking your granny what she thought about football and the answers were largely just as your granny would have replied. There was more "you knows" than I have heard in any interview and it's clear that Mrs Budge doesn't have a great knowledge of football. But that's no surprise. She doesn’t have a background of involvement in the running of football. The crazy thing is that the media treat her opinions as if she's an expert and she obviously enjoys being given that respect. For heaven's sake all she has done is put her money into a financial arrangement that is ultimately very beneficial to her. Her obvious self belief was one of the things that really came through. She went on about how the fans can't expect to manage the club and how this will be done by the Chairman of the Board and the Chief Executive; she does that now and she is clearly convinced that she is doing a great job. I suspect that she hangs on Levein’s every word and all around her in the club will defer to her, as the SMS does. She comes over as a nice old bird but I’d have no confidence in having her run our club. :jamboclow

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2016, 08:02 PM
Also listened to it and it sounded as though FOH have said to her that they don't want fan ownership anymore - just 25% to veto anything.

I didn't see that in the papers or that but she repeated it a few times. Interesting change of strategy from them.

CropleyWasGod
11-08-2016, 09:44 AM

Not sure what you mean by the last line.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

greenginger
11-08-2016, 09:58 AM
https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/simpleSearchResults.do;jsessionid=270A04BABDB35E76 66DD1B9F3BA71CFF?action=firstPage

Plans for the proposed Yam mega stand now available for inspection online.

Sure looks an expensive construct, guess about £15 million.

Also no question that they will require to buy the Council land to accommodate the structure.

southfieldhibby
11-08-2016, 10:17 AM

Totally agree. Whatever the state of our game in Scotland, it is our national sport. These smaller teams are just as intrinsic to our society as the bigger clubs. They're part of our fabric, to suggest we should reduce the number of senior football clubs, with I'm guessing the ned reason being keeping more cash for the larger ones, isn't the idea of a football person, but a business person.

green day
11-08-2016, 10:20 AM
https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/simpleSearchResults.do;jsessionid=270A04BABDB35E76 66DD1B9F3BA71CFF?action=firstPage

Also no question that they will require to buy the Council land to accommodate the structure.

I have said it before, but I am still struggling to work out how they pay for it fully (with no debt according to Budgie) - even with the FoH cash reinvested and the plan to fully buy the club off her kicked down the road.

I know they talked debentures etc, but.....£6 or £7 Million - thats the entire stand stumping up £1000 a head?

nellio
11-08-2016, 10:47 AM
I have said it before, but I am still struggling to work out how they pay for it fully (with no debt according to Budgie) - even with the FoH cash reinvested and the plan to fully buy the club off her kicked down the road.

I know they talked debentures etc, but.....£6 or £7 Million - thats the entire stand stumping up £1000 a head?

Agree pal. From their statement a little while ago they only have half the money raised!

JoJo_07
11-08-2016, 10:52 AM

Anybody else had a good look at the plans? I've had a look but not in detail. So far though. Looks like only one concourse available to your ordinary punter. Six exits from the stand. (remember our East has 8 and we know how easy that is to get out of:wink:). Looks like they enter at ground level but leave at 1st floor level (not sure about this one). Looks like there is a kitchen area on the 1st but not that large (i've seen the kitchen at ER and was impressed with the size (i've worked as a chef)) and one in the 2nd or 3rd (tiny). 1st impressions CHEAP

Brunswickbill
11-08-2016, 10:57 AM
Also listened to it and it sounded as though FOH have said to her that they don't want fan ownership anymore - just 25% to veto anything.

I didn't see that in the papers or that but she repeated it a few times. Interesting change of strategy from them.

I think that it may be Budge's strategy rather than FOH's. Maybe when she sets out the costs of the new stand she will explain that fan ownersip will have to be put on the back burner and that she is going to be around for longer than expected.

Geo_1875
11-08-2016, 11:06 AM

I had to explain to a couple of yams at work that debentures only give you the right buy a ticket. They were convinced they'd be paying for season tickets in advance.

Danderhall Hibs
11-08-2016, 11:58 AM
I think that it may be Budge's strategy rather than FOH's. Maybe when she sets out the costs of the new stand she will explain that fan ownersip will have to be put on the back burner and that she is going to be around for longer than expected.

Maybe but she definitely seemed to be referring to conversations she's had/having.

greenginger
11-08-2016, 12:04 PM
I had to explain to a couple of yams at work that debentures only give you the right buy a ticket. They were convinced they'd be paying for season tickets in advance.

Remind them that they will also loose their debenture should another insolvency event occur.

Just like happened to their cousins through at the Big Hoose in Govan.

greenginger
11-08-2016, 09:07 PM
http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/files/F3C5023C1D95B4AF1A0B1F361FBDC60C/pdf/16_03823_FUL-PAC_REPORT-3400212.pdf

Been having a glance through the Pre Application report for the planning application and the minutes of some of the Council meetings give an idea of the pay for nothing deals hearts are looking for and the Council officials wish to assist.

Transport meeting 20th May.

Discussing tram contribution Hearts would be required to make with their planning application.

It is stated the stand would be 560 metres from the nearest stop direct line and 760 metres to walk.

Jim Clydesdale states he knows no one who used the tram to go to Tynecastle.

Andrew Murray ( Council Transport Dept ) states he believed the Council would require to ask for a contribution because of the
"close scrutiny the application would attract "

That's it then, we'll have to make you pay something, not because that's the rules, but because there might be scrutiny from somewhere like Hibs.net. :greengrin

GreenCastle
11-08-2016, 09:20 PM
Had a look at 55 years in a row and a few pics have been posted of what it may look like.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/151890-stadium-update-main-stand-planning-application-now-online/page-38

Little different to the pictures which can be found on the Councils website - as the front view has a bit for a tractor / ambulance (closest to the entrance).

Type in Tynecastle Stadium then search (main stand development - documents to see drawings) - https://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/search.do?action=simple&searchType=Application

Also find it hilarious that the tunnel isn't in the middle - surely spending all that money and they could fix that. Plus not sure where the dugouts will go.

The capacity won't be higher than ER by the looks of it.

ancient hibee
11-08-2016, 09:21 PM
[QUOTE=GreenLake;4785126]Most decisions in the operation of a company don't go to a vote and regardless of the power to throw in a spanner at board meetings, 25.1% is not a shareholder majority. That would be 50.1%.[/QUOTE

Most decisions don't but major ones may in which case the Company Articles will almost certainly stipulate a 75percent vote in favour in which case 25.1percent is a veto.I'm well awar that 50.1percent of anything is a majority.

HFC_NYC
11-08-2016, 09:23 PM
They don't seem to be talking about the fact that the capacity will still be less than ER. I thought this would have had them fuming.

GreenCastle
11-08-2016, 09:36 PM
They don't seem to be talking about the fact that the capacity will still be less than ER. I thought this would have had them fuming.

They are fuming about..

1 - us winning the Scottish Cup - no song book
2 - no league cup in 55 years
3 - Neilson out his depth and the shocking style of play - though 1 half decent performance against an average Celtic side has given some a blind sense of optimism.

They will be stuck with a lower capacity than ER with no scope to expand - compared to ER which can fill in corners etc and we have an international standard pitch with correct run off distances.

madhibee_again
11-08-2016, 09:54 PM
Pretty impressive maths work on the application. The scope states an increase in stand capacity from 4720 to 7200. Current capacity is 17,529, meaning an additional 2480 seats, giving a new capacity of 20,009...

Or 20,999 according to the application...

EDIT: Now at 20,099. Either it's been changed or I misread.

Criswell
11-08-2016, 10:37 PM
I'm surprised the authorities are not insisting they remove rows of seats pitchside in order to create a safe boundary between players and the wilder elements of their support. A case in point being witnessed on Sunday.

Liberal Hibby
11-08-2016, 10:44 PM
Pretty impressive maths work on the application. The scope states an increase in stand capacity from 4720 to 7200. Current capacity is 17,529, meaning an additional 2480 seats, giving a new capacity of 20,009...

Or 20,999 according to the application...

So an extra £750,000 a year in season tickets. Interesting to know what can be financed on the back of that.

NAE NOOKIE
12-08-2016, 12:26 AM

They make the reasonable point that the capacity wont be bigger, but the crowds will ( at least for now :greengrin ) Not something that bothers me to be honest, it is what it is and I'm more than happy to see Hibs about to increase our attendances for this season over what they have been for the last two ..... if the Yams had managed say 22,000 with this new ( as yet to be paid for ) stand I honestly couldn't have cared less ..... as SEVCO prove all too well it doesn't matter how big your stadium or crowds are, it doesn't stop you being a ***** club.

What has pleased me, and a fact being acknowledged by the more honest Yams is that its all very bland .... a single decker effort almost a mirror image of the Wheatfield with no executive boxes or views of the pitch from the restaurant ... They are doing a splendid job of landscaping the outside and the stand will have a lovely glass frontage, which is nice if you want your stadium to look like a branch of TESCO ... but from the inside the whole stadium will be the very definition of bland .... with no scope whatsoever to change that. Even so, from a purely neutral point of view I would rather see every club in Scotland trying to improve their stadiums, even if its lacking in imagination like this.

There will always be comparisons between ER and the PBS by both sides because of the usual reasons and that both grounds are of a similar size and to a certain extent suffer from being restricted in what can be done with them. I would still say that after this stand is built ER still edges it because of the fact that all our stands don't quite conform to the uniform shoe box design of the Asbestos Arena and the leg room and seat size is better.

The Yams, rightly in my opinion, point out that the FF and South stands at ER are set too far back from the ends of the West and East and that the large gaps that creates in each corner detract from the intimacy and atmosphere of the stadium ( though not as badly as they like to pretend ) It is something I would eventually like to see Hibs address, but when we do, and if we do it right, Easter Road will be the better stadium by some distance.

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-08-2016, 07:28 AM
I'm surprised the authorities are not insisting they remove rows of seats pitchside in order to create a safe boundary between players and the wilder elements of their support. A case in point being witnessed on Sunday.

Agreed, it's high time the SFA got a grip of this situation, every time they play us or Celtic the front rows on the camera side a full of crazy mutants.

Animals.

.Sean.
12-08-2016, 07:32 AM
Fair play to them but let's no forget that that *****hole is still situated in one of the biggest dumps in Edinburgh.

Nor more importantly will it be the largest football stadium in Edinburgh. Unlucky 👍🏼

greenginger
12-08-2016, 08:37 AM
Been looking into the costs of their planning application.

Planning application fee paid to Council £ 20,055.00

Tram contribution based on Zone 2 distance and 5500 square meter gross external floor area. £ 103,000 - £ 137,000

Consultants fees - guess not less than £ 200,000

On top of that there is the temporary changing etc under the Wheatfield stand £ 1 million.
Temporary nursery guess £ 300,000
purchase of land from Council and Chris Stewart Group. guess £ 750,000

That's the best part of £ 2.5 million before a brick is laid.

Anything I've missed ? Do the muppets know where their D.D.'s are going ?

Bostonhibby
12-08-2016, 08:44 AM
http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/idoxpa-web/files/F3C5023C1D95B4AF1A0B1F361FBDC60C/pdf/16_03823_FUL-PAC_REPORT-3400212.pdf

Been having a glance through the Pre Application report for the planning application and the minutes of some of the Council meetings give an idea of the pay for nothing deals hearts are looking for and the Council officials wish to assist.

Transport meeting 20th May.

Discussing tram contribution Hearts would be required to make with their planning application.

It is stated the stand would be 560 metres from the nearest stop direct line and 760 metres to walk.

Jim Clydesdale states he knows no one who used the tram to go to Tynecastle.

Andrew Murray ( Council Transport Dept ) states he believed the Council would require to ask for a contribution because of the
"close scrutiny the application would attract "

That's it then, we'll have to make you pay something, not because that's the rules, but because there might be scrutiny from somewhere like Hibs.net. :greengrin
Yam class behaviour and further evidence of your city council in action. Well spotted.