PDA

View Full Version : Just Back From Holiday

s club 7-0
29-07-2016, 12:54 AM
Just back from a holiday in sunnier climes and during the first week met a lovely family from the west. The dad was a blue nose and a police officer. He was on duty at Hamden on 21 May 2016. He said he was punched more than once by different The Rangers supporters while he was trying to get back into the ground. Here's the best bit - apparently a number of G4S security staff were sent away while The Rangers were 2-1 up. Guess where to - IBROX - to deal with the celebrations. They were also sent on other jobs in the city however this (to my knowledge) has not yet been disclosed. Might explain their handling of events and lack of stewarding. Clowns.

KazaHibs
29-07-2016, 01:45 AM
That was the rumour a while back yeah.

connerg
29-07-2016, 03:31 AM
Just back from a holiday in sunnier climes and during the first week met a lovely family from the west. The dad was a blue nose and a police officer. He was on duty at Hamden on 21 May 2016. He said he was punched more than once by different The Rangers supporters while he was trying to get back into the ground. Here's the best bit - apparently a number of G4S security staff were sent away while The Rangers were 2-1 up. Guess where to - IBROX - to deal with the celebrations. They were also sent on other jobs in the city however this (to my knowledge) has not yet been disclosed. Might explain their handling of events and lack of stewarding. Clowns.

Surely he would have the arrested the individual(s)!

RCNG
29-07-2016, 07:21 AM
Surely he would have the arrested the individual(s)!

Put yourself in his shoes. Would you have tried? He'd have been wise of if he had.

1875STEVE
29-07-2016, 07:53 AM

I was told this by a Glaswegian, Plastic Whistle fan, that I work beside, not long after the final.

That the reason there was a lack of security & police was that they were on there way back from heading to Ibrox, to steward the celebrations.

He swore blind that his brother stays just round from Ibrox, that there was loads of police down there around 4.30, then suddenly there wasn't.....

ACLeith
29-07-2016, 08:40 AM
I was told this by a Glaswegian, Plastic Whistle fan, that I work beside, not long after the final.

That the reason there was a lack of security & police was that they were on there way back from heading to Ibrox, to steward the celebrations.

He swore blind that his brother stays just round from Ibrox, that there was loads of police down there around 4.30, then suddenly there wasn't.....
I'm sure all this will be included in the independent investigation, no? After all it's an investigation that's independent 🙄

CallumLaidlaw
29-07-2016, 08:43 AM
Interesting that this story has come from a different source. Heard it a while ago and shared it on here