PDA

View Full Version : Time To Shut Up About The Scottish Cup

Dashing Bob S
28-07-2016, 09:31 PM
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the day as much as the next Hibby. But now I reckon it's way past time to let go of that momentous occasion when David Gray's dramatic injury time header ended 114 years of hurt and lifted a monkey not just off a football club's back but an entire community. It's time to forget the singing, dancing, revelry and partying that followed, and the hilarious pain it brought down on a spoiled, petulant, sulky and entitled Rangers and the Scottish media establishment. It's time to stop going on about Stokes's great early strike and how when the tables were turned by two lucky Hun strikes we didn't crumble in the face of adversity but dug deep as epitomized by McGinn's tackles and got the reward as Stokesy brushed the lightweight Tavereier aside to level the score from Hendo's cross. It's time to forget the late pounding we gave the Hun and the air of inevitability as Gray powered through the jellylike mass of Hun bodies to head home a Hendo corner to send us all in rapture, rip up half of Hearts song book. It's time to grow up and move on. It was only a game of football. And yet...

Bostonhibby
28-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Ltyf

Callum7
28-07-2016, 09:36 PM
I agree with most of that apart from the singing, we will forever be singing about that glorious day.

FromTheCapital
28-07-2016, 09:36 PM
I've watched the highlights every day since. A day I'll never shut up or forget about :greengrin:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibsdaft
28-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Time to focus on the Shrewsbury friendly :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
28-07-2016, 09:40 PM
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the day as much as the next Hibby. But now I reckon it's way past time to let go of that momentous occasion when David Gray's dramatic injury time header ended 114 years of hurt and lifted a monkey not just off a football club's back but an entire community. It's time to forget the singing, dancing, revelry and partying that followed, and the hilarious pain it brought down on a spoiled, petulant, sulky and entitled Rangers and the Scottish media establishment. It's time to stop going on about Stokes's great early strike and how when the tables were turned by two lucky Hun strikes we didn't crumble in the face of adversity but dug deep as epitomized by McGinn's tackles and got the reward as Stokesy brushed the lightweight Tavereier aside to level the score from Hendo's cross. It's time to forget the late pounding we gave the Hun and the air of inevitability as Gray powered through the jellylike mass of Hun bodies to head home a Hendo corner to send us all in rapture, rip up half of Hearts song book. It's time to grow up and move on. It was only a game of football. And yet...

:greengrin

Ringothedog
28-07-2016, 09:41 PM
Just watched it again, still love the moment when Henderson runs away celebrating seconds before the referee blows for full time.

Smartie
28-07-2016, 09:42 PM
My Jambo mates have stopped drinking with me because I won't stop going on about it.

I miss them and really need to catch up with them to hear about their new away strip and European campaign.

Glory Lurker
28-07-2016, 09:42 PM
I agree with the OP. In fact, I was a bit embarrassed by the hoo-hah after about a week. It was as if we'd never beaten Rangers before, for pete's sake. Not Hibs class :bitchy:

Glory Lurker
28-07-2016, 09:47 PM
Just watched it again, still love the moment when Henderson runs away celebrating seconds before the referee blows for full time.

I have watched this a couple of times myself. :greengrin I think he hears the first peep and starts to run.

Talking about whistles, I love the ref blowing for full time after JC puts the last penalty away against United. I'm not sure I've ever noticed a ref doing that before at the end of pens, but it makes sense right enough.

Bostonhibby
28-07-2016, 09:47 PM
My Jambo mates have stopped drinking with me because I won't stop going on about it.

I miss them and really need to catch up with them to hear about their new away strip and European campaign.

:faf::faf:

I was thinking about getting a yam just so I could tell it all about it, and obviously give it the chance to tell me about the fabulous new strip, but with hindsight I might just take the OP's advice after all.

Edson Arantes
28-07-2016, 09:48 PM
Ltyf

Do you actually realise how pathetic and childish that is?

Edson Arantes
28-07-2016, 09:49 PM
:faf::faf:

I was thinking about getting a yam just so I could tell it all about it, and obviously give it the chance to tell me about the fabulous new strip, but with hindsight I might just take the OP's advice after all.

Christs sakes man...

Baw187
28-07-2016, 09:52 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest he might have been joking.

sleeping giant
28-07-2016, 09:55 PM
Christs sakes man...

Go on then. Bore us all to death.

Bostonhibby
28-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Do you realise how presumptive you are?

A wee bit humour in response to DBS humorous post. Often do it.

jabis
28-07-2016, 09:57 PM

Havn't read the previous posts,but Dashing,.......the punctuation,paraphrasing,and most of all,the guff sprouted do you no favours.

114 years of milking it seems fair.

Edson Arantes
28-07-2016, 09:58 PM
Go on then. Bore us all to death.

How could I do that by posting a sensible comment?

Pete
28-07-2016, 10:00 PM
The Scottish cup is now a sensitive subject for some Jambos.

Just think guys...you had two chances to thwart the mighty HFC and you bottled it.

Edson Arantes
28-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Do you realise how presumptive you are?

A wee bit humour in response to DBS humorous post. Often do it.

DBS is a decent poster. He's factual.

How long can this milking go on?

That is all he was saying ffs.

Dashing Bob S
28-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Havn't read the previous posts,but Dashing,.......the punctuation,paraphrasing,and most of all,the guff sprouted do you no favours.

114 years of milking it seems fair.

Tell me, please, that this is an attempt at irony?

If not, you may want to consult your own post and learn from the lesson you're publicly giving yourself.

Glory Lurker
28-07-2016, 10:06 PM
I can't work out who's annoyed and who's joking. :worried:

Vault Boy
28-07-2016, 10:08 PM
Wait I thought it was the League Cup we'd won???

Bostonhibby
28-07-2016, 10:09 PM

He certainly is, brilliantly humorous as well.

SON OF PADDY
28-07-2016, 10:10 PM
Ltyf

Excuse me for being a thick ******* !
But what does Ltyf mean ?
Cheers 😵

Andy74
28-07-2016, 10:10 PM
Must read this again tomorrow without the bottle of wine.

Ronniekirk
28-07-2016, 10:11 PM
I have never watched the whole game back Didn't think the Cup Winning D V D would take so long to get made and put on sale
But have watched the highlights posted on dot net on numerous occasions and never tire
of watching it and always brings a smug smile to my face
I intend to continue to revel in our recent glory and continue to take every opportunity to enjoy being Scottish Cup holders
At some point it will naturally take its place in the memory and not be such a big deal but clearly i am not yet ready to let go
And hey we still have all the Scottish Cup Memorabilia on order to look forward to and is Moonshine on Leith still not to be published
And are Hibs really not going to allow the players to parade the Cup round Easter Road and have their lap of honour they were denied at Hampden

Vault Boy
28-07-2016, 10:11 PM
Cheers 😵

Liam Tenderson Yo Feliver

FranckSuzy
28-07-2016, 10:14 PM
I :agree: with the OP and it's also time to stop calling the famous Glasgow Rangers, 'The' Rangers. It's very disrespectful, IMHO, as we all know they're actually SEVCO.

Waxy
28-07-2016, 10:15 PM
I dont think we'll see the end of us milking it.
Well not in our lifetime.

SuperAllyMcleod
28-07-2016, 10:17 PM
Cheers [emoji43]

I had to ask that a few months ago - Launch The Yam Fud.

Lancs Harp
28-07-2016, 10:17 PM
Unusually for a bloke I can multi task so I fully intend to revel in the glory of winning the cup as well as moving on and looking forward to our forthcoming Championship win.

SON OF PADDY
28-07-2016, 10:18 PM
Wtf ?

SON OF PADDY
28-07-2016, 10:19 PM
I had to ask that a few months ago - Launch The Yam Fud.

Cheers mate 😋

Pete
28-07-2016, 10:20 PM
Unusually for a bloke I can multi task so I fully intend to revel in the glory of winning the cup as well as moving on and looking forward to our forthcoming Championship win.

:agree:

It's like when people say we should stop slagging hearts and "concentrate on hibs" as if it's virtually impossible to do both at the same time.

P.s. Anyone who thinks the OP was serious needs bloody shooting.

sleeping giant
28-07-2016, 10:21 PM
If you are not a milker , you are a liar.

tamig
28-07-2016, 10:23 PM

I think there's a word for what you've just experienced. Begins with a "w" and ends in an "h".

Nice one Pele 😁

Northernhibee
28-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Nah, let this be the catalyst to realise that this club can achieve whatever it wants. Things have changed, this season could be ****ing spectacular if we keep the belief in the abilities of our players.

Forza Fred
28-07-2016, 10:36 PM
I like traffic lights......

snooky
28-07-2016, 10:45 PM
There are more levels on this thread than on the Empire State Building. :greengrin

madabouthibs
28-07-2016, 10:49 PM
I'm gutted we won it actually. I was cancelling my Virgin Media contract at the end of May, but now I've got this Scottish Cup Final pish on my Hard Drive. 😁

barcahibs
28-07-2016, 11:00 PM

:confused::confused: We've won the what now???? :confused::confused:

When the flip did this happen????

Is there any video evidence?

The Green Goblin
28-07-2016, 11:02 PM

Wwwwwwooooooooooooosssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

The Green Goblin
28-07-2016, 11:04 PM

I think the wine might enhance it. This thread has all the makings of a classic already.....

Does anyone else yearn for the days when mighty threads seemed to appear every other week?

Sir David Gray
28-07-2016, 11:12 PM
Liam Henderson to deliveeeeeeeeer...!!!

Wee Effen Bee
28-07-2016, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=Dashing Bob S;4773981]Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the day as much as the next Hibby. But now I reckon it's way past time to let go of that momentous occasion when David Gray's dramatic injury time header ended 114 years of hurt and lifted a monkey not just off a football club's back but an entire community. It's time to forget the singing, dancing, revelry and partying that followed, and the hilarious pain it brought down on a spoiled, petulant, sulky and entitled Rangers and the Scottish media establishment. It's time to stop going on about Stokes's great early strike and how when the tables were turned by two lucky Hun strikes we didn't crumble in the face of adversity but dug deep as epitomized by McGinn's tackles and got the reward as Stokesy brushed the lightweight Tavereier aside to level the score from Hendo's cross. It's time to forget the late pounding we gave the Hun and the air of inevitability as Gray powered through the jellylike mass of Hun bodies to head home a Hendo corner to send us all in rapture, rip up half of Hearts song book. It's time to grow up and move on. It was only a game of football. And yet...

DBS, you are a bad boy! Now go and sit on the naughty step for posting such an ironic narrative on our glorious cup win. I think the, 'whoosh' response, was specifically created for some of your posts!:greengrin

matty_f
28-07-2016, 11:21 PM

It won't make any difference.

Highland_Hibee
28-07-2016, 11:48 PM
:wink:

HoboHarry
28-07-2016, 11:53 PM
In the meantime I'm off to watch the goals again with a glass of Chardonnay......

lord bunberry
29-07-2016, 01:19 AM
:faf::faf::faf::faf:

cabbageandribs1875
29-07-2016, 01:24 AM

and quite possibly the biggest woosh on .net...EVER :agree:

GreenLake
29-07-2016, 01:46 AM
I will be going to see Arsenal play Chivas on Sunday and a certain ex-The Rangers player will be in the squad. I promise not to wear my Hibernian jersey because it might unsettle the young man who must have thought he had a winner's medal after Halliday's fruitless wonder strike.

macd123
29-07-2016, 02:51 AM
While we are at it can everyone please stop picking on the Rangers. They are only 4 years old ffs.

lyonhibs
29-07-2016, 06:09 AM
Extraordinary fishing mission from DBS. I doff my cap.

I'll be harping on about it to anyone who'll listen, and plenty who'd rather not, until the day I shuffle off this mortal coil.

Keith_M
29-07-2016, 06:24 AM
Methinks Edson Arantes needs to follow his own advice and try some of his blue pills, then I can suggest to him...

...Do Keep Up!

Allant1981
29-07-2016, 06:25 AM

Please please say you were kidding and you knew that he was at it

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-07-2016, 06:26 AM
Extraordinary fishing mission from DBS. I doff my cap.

He's gonna need a bigger boat! :-)

Edinburgh Green
29-07-2016, 06:26 AM

Milking it?? The new season hasn't even started yet.

BSEJVT
29-07-2016, 06:37 AM
I have never watched the whole game back Didn't think the Cup Winning D V D would take so long to get made and put on sale
But have watched the highlights posted on dot net on numerous occasions and never tire
of watching it and always brings a smug smile to my face
I intend to continue to revel in our recent glory and continue to take every opportunity to enjoy being Scottish Cup holders
At some point it will naturally take its place in the memory and not be such a big deal but clearly i am not yet ready to let go
And hey we still have all the Scottish Cup Memorabilia on order to look forward to and is Moonshine on Leith still not to be published
And are Hibs really not going to allow the players to parade the Cup round Easter Road and have their lap of honour they were denied at Hampden

Moonshine on Leith has been published Ronnie

Not my cup of tea so far, its like Growing up in Green on acid!

Having said that Time for Heroes was extremely poor as well

Aiden Smith is bringing one out in November, we will see what that's like

Hillsidehibby
29-07-2016, 06:43 AM
I must admit that I cringed every time I heard the "When the Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup " chant in Copenhagen.

For god sake how long has it been now?

We should be grateful we have came back after Hearts killed us.

hibsbollah
29-07-2016, 06:54 AM
I wake up most mornings still forgetting it actually happened. Then I look over at the supermodel I met last night in bed next to me and smile broadly and remember Yes. We Went and Won the Thing.

i trust Bob will correct any punctuation errors.

Tobias Funke
29-07-2016, 07:28 AM

You are brilliant entertainment on here. Keep it up :aok:

Skyegreen
29-07-2016, 07:52 AM
I'll be milking this for all its worth for as long as I'm worth my room on this earth 😜💚

Ronniekirk
29-07-2016, 08:12 AM
Moonshine on Leith has been published Ronnie

Not my cup of tea so far, its like Growing up in Green on acid!

Having said that Time for Heroes was extremely poor as well

Aiden Smith is bringing one out in November as well

Cheers i enjoy Aiden Smiths articles in the papers so will wait and get that
There was always the risk that rushing to publication would inevitably mean the authors would be restricted in what went in due to the tight timeframe they were working to
Wonder if Irvine Welsh will be tempted to do a short story or include some reference to it in Trainspotting 2

hibby rae
29-07-2016, 08:24 AM
Wait I thought it was the League Cup we'd won???

Tbh I'm still milking this! 😃

https://youtu.be/eAztNLd8NsI

Hibbyradge
29-07-2016, 08:43 AM
It's nearly 28.5 million minutes since Hearts won the league Cup, I think.

I'm going to shut up about that too.

poolman
29-07-2016, 09:18 AM

Whooooooosh

HIBERNIAN-0762
29-07-2016, 09:19 AM
Forget about it?

Righty-ho.

Pathetic post, why did you bother?

BSEJVT
29-07-2016, 09:27 AM
Cheers i enjoy Aiden Smiths articles in the papers so will wait and get that
There was always the risk that rushing to publication would inevitably mean the authors would be restricted in what went in due to the tight timeframe they were working to
Wonder if Irvine Welsh will be tempted to do a short story or include some reference to it in Trainspotting 2

Time for Heroes is IMO basically one mans season diary, with a bit fluff about the cup win

Ted Brack is either Mystic Meg or has gone back and edited it retrospectively to appear prophetic about the cup win

I think its the poorest by far of his attempts to date, none of which to be honest are very good.

Good for reading on the beach or with a hangover but not rocket science and with no great insight

The phrase " fan with typewriter" comes to mind

Hibbyradge
29-07-2016, 09:38 AM
Forget about it?

Righty-ho.

Whooooooosh too.

BoomtownHibees
29-07-2016, 09:39 AM
Forget about it?

Righty-ho.

Come in number 2, your time is up

Bostonhibby
29-07-2016, 09:56 AM
The ultimate whoosh for me then, I hadn't realised the OP only posted on a truly factual basis and didn't in anyway attempt to incite or engage humour in his postings. :greengrin

I have been misinterpreting this entire forum and posts for years, however as a result of a truly road to Damascus moment here I now see the benefit of only posting facts, without any attempt at having a wee laugh, and in a short direct manner that only makes the point.

For example, off the top of my head - Hibernian won the cup, the rangers didn't - Hearts went into administration, that sort of thing. Limited, doesn't require any thought, not much room for debate and I can't see that anyone would be able to then go on to mock any onlooking yams, huns, or indeed austere or easily offended Hibs fans.

My heartfelt apologies to the offended:wink:

Keith_M
29-07-2016, 10:06 AM
The ultimate whoosh for me then, I hadn't realised the OP only posted on a truly factual basis and didn't in anyway attempt to incite or engage humour in his postings. :greengrin

I have been misinterpreting this entire forum and posts for years, however as a result of a truly road to Damascus moment here I now see the benefit of only posting facts, without any attempt at having a wee laugh, and in a short direct manner that only makes the point.

For example, off the top of my head - Hibernian won the cup, the rangers didn't - Hearts went into administration, that sort of thing. Limited, doesn't require any thought, not much room for debate and I can't see that anyone would be able to then go on to mock any onlooking yams, huns, or indeed austere or easily offended Hibs fans.

My heartfelt apologies to the offended:wink:

I do not accept your apology!

:grr:

Bostonhibby
29-07-2016, 10:11 AM
I do not accept your apology!

:grr:
Would it help if it was the rangers felt?

I realise this is a question inviting all sorts of debate but trust you can handle it[emoji6]

The Green Goblin
29-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Maybe Bob is right though. I mean ffs, we haven't arf been banging on about it... :rolleyes:

snooky
29-07-2016, 11:50 AM
Would it help if it was the rangers felt?

I realise this is a question inviting all sorts of debate but trust you can handle it[emoji6]

Translation please? :dunno:

Bostonhibby
29-07-2016, 11:54 AM
Heartfelt, the book? Keekaboo didnae fancy a heartfelt apology so offering an alternative. Maybe he got it

therealgavmac
29-07-2016, 11:55 AM

I got it :greengrin

Heartfelt...... Rangersfelt....... Although maybe THERangersfelt is more appropriate

KeithTheHibby
29-07-2016, 12:33 PM
Part of me wishes we had never won the bloody trophy..its shameful the way we keep banging on about it. FFS it was last season!:wink:

Eyrie
29-07-2016, 02:38 PM
It's been 69 days since we last won a trophy, which just isn't good enough.

Petrie! :grr:

Cabbage East
29-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Folk need to get over it and move on. We would do well here to be more like our city neighbours. Can you imagine them going on and on about winning one game of football? Doubt it.

Bostonhibby
29-07-2016, 03:18 PM
I got it :greengrin

Heartfelt...... Rangersfelt....... Although maybe THERangersfelt is more appropriate

:agree: You're right, I've had it now!

Name change & new identity is definitely on the cards.

Finn2015
29-07-2016, 03:28 PM
Never! 😗

One Day Soon
29-07-2016, 04:01 PM
This may be in my top ten of all time favourite .net threads. Its got everything. Wit, irony, sarcasm, confusion, double meanings, Hibs winning the Scottish Cup, The Rangers abuse, Yam Fud abuse, Pele abuse, consternation, false sympathy, false hope, probably false teeth, triumphalism (but weirdly no euphemism - yet), Hibs joy onanism, a beautifully executed oblique calender signing thread reference from GG, hints of personal animosity being played out, an absolutely corking bit of hit and run trolling, attacks on Bob, defences of Bob, attacks and defences of attacks on Bob and of course attacks and defences of defences of Bob. Best of all, the way it is developing it is effectively immortalising the Scottish Cup final win by Hibernian FC of 21st May 2016 (when they beat the The Rangers 3-2 to lift the cup for the first time in 114 years) while of course supposedly purporting to want to put it to bed. Really does underline the benefits for morale of winning the Scottish Cup I'd say - we should probably continue to objectively discuss it in much more detail for a very considerable time. DBS, you've outdone yourself.

29-07-2016, 04:17 PM
Never. We've spent years getting ridiculed for our SC drought, time for us to enjoy it. In particular never let the hearts and the huns forget about their parts to play in it - get it right right RIGHT ****ing up those horrible ****ers!

Use the win to give us a swagger. I want plenty renditions of "when the hibs went up to lift the scottish cup, we were there" etc etc in the new season!

ancient hibee
29-07-2016, 07:06 PM
I must be a little out of touch.What's this cup thingy about?

hibsbollah
29-07-2016, 07:15 PM
I must be a little out of touch.What's this cup thingy about?

I vaguely remember some hazy details, but those details are so ridiculously perfect (iconic 3-2 score line, evilness of the opposition, reversal of 'hibs bottling it stereotype, last minute winner from captain fantastic apparently seriously injured just ten minutes previously, pitch invasion and alround ecstasy), that it can only have been a beautiful dream.

ancient hibee
29-07-2016, 07:17 PM
I vaguely remember some hazy details, but those details are so ridiculously perfect (iconic 3-2 score line, evilness of the opposition, reversal of 'hibs bottling it stereotype, last minute winner from captain fantastic apparently seriously injured just ten minutes previously, pitch invasion and alround ecstasy), that it can only have been a beautiful dream.

You're having me on.I'm sure matron would have mentioned it.

MKHIBEE
29-07-2016, 07:30 PM
Does all this mean we can stop hugging and dancing with complete strangers ŵho happen to be wearing Hibs colours?

GreenLake
29-07-2016, 07:34 PM
Broxit seems like ages before Brexit

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-07-2016, 07:41 PM
If you are not a milker , you are a liar.

Can we have milkers to add to bedwetters and happy clappers?

snooky
29-07-2016, 08:08 PM
This may be in my top ten of all time favourite .net threads. Its got everything. Wit, irony, sarcasm, confusion, double meanings, Hibs winning the Scottish Cup, The Rangers abuse, Yam Fud abuse, Pele abuse, consternation, false sympathy, false hope, probably false teeth, triumphalism (but weirdly no euphemism - yet), Hibs joy onanism, a beautifully executed oblique calender signing thread reference from GG, hints of personal animosity being played out, an absolutely corking bit of hit and run trolling, attacks on Bob, defences of Bob, attacks and defences of attacks on Bob and of course attacks and defences of defences of Bob. Best of all, the way it is developing it is effectively immortalising the Scottish Cup final win by Hibernian FC of 21st May 2016 (when they beat the The Rangers 3-2 to lift the cup for the first time in 114 years) while of course supposedly purporting to want to put it to bed. Really does underline the benefits for morale of winning the Scottish Cup I'd say - we should probably continue to objectively discuss it in much more detail for a very considerable time. DBS, you've outdone yourself.

The reponses on this thread give a good example of the variety of personas we have posting on Hibsnet.

Vive la difference ... & also DBS of course :aok:

Swedish hibee
29-07-2016, 08:21 PM
I never thought we'd win it in my lifetime. Hoped, yes- but never actually believed I'd see us do it.. And for me to actually be there too..
The whole day was the best day of my life & that feeling of pure euphoria- is one I'll never ever forget.
So no, I don't want to ever shut up about this truly great day. No matter what Hibs do in the future.

I seen it. I was there.

Edson Arantes
29-07-2016, 08:22 PM
Whooooooosh

63?

Goodness.

Hibbyradge
29-07-2016, 08:25 PM
63?

Goodness.

I think you'll find it was 62. :wink:

Edson Arantes
29-07-2016, 08:25 PM
You are brilliant entertainment on here. Keep it up :aok:

Here Boaby - cheers chum!

Didnt know you liked it so much - I'd have sent you a wee personal one.

:aok: back at you...

ps. I think you're brilliant too.

Edson Arantes
29-07-2016, 08:31 PM

Fair do's mate - my bad.

Joe6-2
29-07-2016, 08:39 PM
I dont think we'll see the end of us milking it.
Well not in our lifetime.

It took a few lifetimes to get round to it, so no chance!!!!!!

Northernhibee
29-07-2016, 09:39 PM
I mind when Stokes shot went out for a corner muttering a wee semi-prayer under my breath - "C'mon, for just once as a Hibs fans, please just let this be the time". Had almost the perfect angle for it in my minute, saw Liam take the corner and then the ball disappeared into a group of players. For a split second thought nothing had come from the corner only for the ball to pop out of the group of players and hit the back of the net.

Apart from the birth of a child I don't think anything that will top that feeling. Going mental when that goal went in by the sudden realisation that it wasn't done yet. Those last two minutes filled with dread that we would find a new way to throw it away. That unbelievable euphoria and relief at the FT whistle. Sobbing like a child into my scarf before some stranger hugs everyone in the vicinity, jumping up and down.

I don't ever, ever want to shut up about it. Nothing will top that.

jgl07
29-07-2016, 10:00 PM
What is this 'Scottish Cup' of which people are talking?

s.a.m
29-07-2016, 10:04 PM

:bitchy: It doesn't have puns. Epic fail of a thread.

(For the literal minded, that was a joke. I don't think it's an epic fail of a thread.)

s.a.m
29-07-2016, 10:10 PM

On the subject of captain fantastic, you've reminded me that not only did he win and take the throw in which lead to his goal, he also won the stoppage time that allowed him to score!:nanafunk:

AdidasHibernian
29-07-2016, 11:02 PM
I will never live it down until my last breath.

Forever I'll be signing, to the Angels high above!
21/5/16

livi hibs 1875
29-07-2016, 11:23 PM
I mind when Stokes shot went out for a corner muttering a wee semi-prayer under my breath - "C'mon, for just once as a Hibs fans, please just let this be the time". Had almost the perfect angle for it in my minute, saw Liam take the corner and then the ball disappeared into a group of players. For a split second thought nothing had come from the corner only for the ball to pop out of the group of players and hit the back of the net.

Apart from the birth of a child I don't think anything that will top that feeling. Going mental when that goal went in by the sudden realisation that it wasn't done yet. Those last two minutes filled with dread that we would find a new way to throw it away. That unbelievable euphoria and relief at the FT whistle. Sobbing like a child into my scarf before some stranger hugs everyone in the vicinity, jumping up and down.

****ing magic eh :flag:

Scott Allan Key
29-07-2016, 11:55 PM
What is this 'Scottish Cup' of which people are talking?

It is the oldest trophy in the world of existing national football associations, hence the nickname, 'The Holy Grail', which has finally been claimed by the heroic team of champions, Hibernian from the grasp of the illegal offspring of a dead ogre who had halitosis and a penchant for vile singing about drowning in a sea of blood from its fallen victims.

The goodies won it.

Dashing Bob S
30-07-2016, 02:19 AM

Anybody prepared to admit to having a child when Gray scored?

I just had some kittens.

GreenLake
30-07-2016, 04:15 AM

I just had some kittens.

No, I reproduced by binary fission and keep talking to myself about the glorious cup final victory.

green day
30-07-2016, 06:08 AM
Watched the bit from Stokes equaliser to the final whistle 2 or 3 times last night.

Almost tears again (I was slightly tipsy).

Then kept watching hendos corner/the winner on loop using Virgin Media's 30 sec replay button.

I must have replayed that bit about a dozen times before my wife came through and dragged me to bed.

Never, ever ever gets old, and makes up for every disappointing, gutwrenching loss we have had over the years.

Pretty Boy
30-07-2016, 06:16 AM

Great post.

We were talking about it in work the other day and I was saying I actually went more mental at the 1st goal than either of the other 2. For years I've said I just wanted to have that feeling that I thought we could win it, that goal by Stokes was the 1st goal in a SC final that I'd had that feeling and seen us take the lead. I remember going mental then turning to look across at the East and it was just carnage, I'm sure the North looked the same from there.

When we went 2-1 down there was a bit of a crash but I was still consoling myself with the fact I'd finally had 'the feeling'. As the game went on I became more convinced we were going to do it, even before the equaliser I was saying to anyone around me who would listen that Rangers were out on their feet and it was ours for the taking (I think I posted it on the update thread on here as well). When the winner went in I jumped up like every goal and then just stood absolutely frozen with my head in my hands, I barely even remember being like that but everyone I was at the game with said I looked just in total shock. I spent the last 2 minutes plus staring at the back of the stand until the guy behind me spun me round and shouted 'you don't want to ****ing muss this mate' at me just in time to see Henderson run across the pitch.

Not really in keeping with the humorous nature of the thread but I'll never tire of talking about that day.

mjhibby
30-07-2016, 06:58 AM
Does all this mean we can stop hugging and dancing with complete strangers ŵho happen to be wearing Hibs colours?

No. It's good for the soul. Bizarrely all the Hertz fans I know have been almost normal with me when talking football. I think the great day has mellowed a few of them or maybe they just seethe when I disappear out of view😂

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-07-2016, 08:20 AM

I just had some kittens.

I was beside myself so does that technically count as twins?

SeanWilson
30-07-2016, 08:51 AM

You've literally described what I have etched on my brain repeating over and over. I'd go as far to say the emotion I felt that day was on par with my first lad being born. I'll be a 'milker' forever more 😂

poolman
30-07-2016, 09:48 AM
Watched the bit from Stokes equaliser to the final whistle 2 or 3 times last night.

Almost tears again (I was slightly tipsy).

Then kept watching hendos corner/the winner on loop using Virgin Media's 30 sec replay button.

I must have replayed that bit about a dozen times before my wife came through and dragged me to bed.

Never, ever ever gets old, and makes up for every disappointing, gutwrenching loss we have had over the years.

Sounds like a great night that

Watching the game again then the wife dragging you of to bed 😁

Edson Arantes
30-07-2016, 12:39 PM

His age - 63.

Dashing Bob S
30-07-2016, 03:48 PM
I wake up most mornings still forgetting it actually happened. Then I look over at the supermodel I met last night in bed next to me and smile broadly and remember Yes. We Went and Won the Thing.

i trust Bob will correct any punctuation errors.

None required. Your grammar is as exemplary as your taste in women.

Keith_M
30-07-2016, 03:53 PM
None required. Your grammar is as exemplary as your taste in women.

Actually, he's talking about the World's First Supermodel, Janice Dickinson

Dashing Bob S
30-07-2016, 04:14 PM

That's Janice? I thought it was Warbs after the David Gray header.

snooky
30-07-2016, 05:06 PM

I widny want her paper roond. :coffee:

Si_17
30-07-2016, 05:10 PM
I cannot begin to describe the emotion I felt in the period of time between Stokes equalising and the half an hour following it. A feeling I don't think will ever be replicated. It actually makes me a little sad.

Edson Arantes
30-07-2016, 05:26 PM
I widny want her paper roond. :coffee:

:hilarious:hilarious

Cameron1875
30-07-2016, 06:47 PM
If there is ever a time machine then the moments at Full Time is what I would wanna revisit.

Running around on my own and realising my mates were in the East Stand so I would have no way of finding them, only for us all to randomly bump into each other one by one.
The hugging, the tears, the lost voices, the Hampden sun.
Everything was just an absolute haze and the amount of ground I must have covered just by running round in circles!

The best cup final. The best team to do it against. The best team there is.

Hibs :agree:

**All of this took place off the pitch and in the safety of the stand**

Northernhibee
30-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Waking up the next day with a banging headache and no voice was magical. Knowing that everything had changed. Watching Hibs TV and welling up again. Amazing.

Dashing Bob S
31-07-2016, 04:40 AM
Waking up the next day with a banging headache and no voice was magical. Knowing that everything had changed. Watching Hibs TV and welling up again. Amazing.

It's great to wake up with a pounding headache and rasping throat, knowing that something genuinely cataclysmic has occurred, rather than you've just made a **** of yourself again.