PDA

View Full Version : wonder how long it will be until...a lithuanian oligarch tries

hiberspace
28-07-2016, 05:52 PM
to buy a bigteam,what with our 400,000 parade,scottish cup(won legally)bawhair away from spl,league cup final,tons of spl sides put out,what a catch for some rich dude to invest now,lol opinions please,hope old vlad enjoyed 21/5/16 :hibees

Bostonhibby
28-07-2016, 06:43 PM
to buy a bigteam,what with our 400,000 parade,scottish cup(won legally)bawhair away from spl,league cup final,tons of spl sides put out,what a catch for some rich dude to invest now,lol opinions please,hope old vlad enjoyed 21/5/16 :hibees

Maybe this guy will try again, sure he'll be made welcome.

Home
News
Headlines International War Business Environment Health Science/Technology Arts/Entertainment Celebrity Sport
Politics
Opinion
Agony Aunt
Horoscopes
Readers Forum

Home Sport

'I THOUGHT I'D BOUGHT A CHAIN OF GARDEN CENTRES' - ROMANOV 'I THOUGHT I'D BOUGHT A CHAIN OF GARDEN CENTRES' - ROMANOV

HEART of Midlothian chairman Vladimir Romanov has admitted that he bought the club after a "catastrophic mistranslation" during a meeting in Edinburgh two years ago.

After parting with a fiver The Lithuanian tycoon is now in discussions with his legal team and is certain to sell his majority shareholding.

Mr Romanov said: "I employed Graham Rix because, as far as I was aware, he had been assistant manager of Dobbies in Kinross."

"Then he starts phoning me up telling me that 'training had gone well' but that we 'needed a new playmaker, someone who could put their foot on the ball and control the pace of the game'. I thought he was a nutter so I sacked him".

"I then brought in one of my own people but within a fortnight he was sending me emails about an argument he was having with someone called Walter Smith over the availability of someone called Paul Hartley. I told everyone he had pneumonia and then shipped him off to a mental hospital near Vilnius".

"Now it turns out that Heart of Midlothian is not a medium sized chain of garden centres with branches in Bathgate, Dalkeith, Musselburgh and Galashiels, but is in fact a football club - one of the biggest in Scotland, if not the world".

"Well that's no use to me. I know nothing about football. But when it comes to running garden centres I'm a bloody genius. Organic, peat-free compost - two bags for a fiver. Freshly cut turf at three-fifty a square yard. That'll shift it."