I was also there!

Blaster
28-07-2016, 02:50 PM
I behaved

sleeping giant
28-07-2016, 02:50 PM
But did you go on the pitch???!!!! :wink:

I was also there!

Nope. I was lucky to find my seat never mind the pitch.
I think I was suffering from the same inner ear issue as Sergey :-)

matty_f
28-07-2016, 02:51 PM
I was there...

Skyegreen
28-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Some were there that are no longer here! RIP Jamie 💚

GGTTH 💚

Cabbage East
28-07-2016, 02:52 PM
I wasn't, you horrid bullies :boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

Sair yin!

Pretty Boy
28-07-2016, 03:00 PM
I can confirm that I was in attendance.

Hibby Gav
28-07-2016, 03:02 PM
I was there...as was my wife...my son and my daughter :thumbsup:
the perfect day

GGTTH

HibsNutter
28-07-2016, 03:07 PM
The best thing about it is that it wasn't just a case of 'I was there'. We all revelled in it. It wasn't just about that one day, but the years of letdown after letdown. The fear that some of us would not see it, and knowing Hibs fans of years gone by had gone their whole lives without seeing it.

So many factors made this day so special: our Scottish Cup record, utter despair against Falkirk and Ross County in the same season - one coming only a week before - the relegation, losing previous finals, one against Hearts. It had reached the point at which some thought we were cursed. Hibs had become a metaphor for failure. The 21st of May may have changed this forever, with the biggest of all monkeys removed from our backs.

The way we won the game and the pitch invasion at the end, no matter what some say, added to the day. It appears that the whole attitude of those involved with the club, especially the fans, has changed for the better since that day. We believe in this team.

GreenLake
28-07-2016, 03:22 PM
I was privileged to be there.

Callum7
28-07-2016, 03:27 PM
I was there in my seat like a good boy.

sleeping giant
28-07-2016, 03:39 PM
I was privileged to be there.

Yip. Seen you waving your winnings in the Spanish place.

Albanian Hibs
28-07-2016, 04:59 PM
I was there..

Keyser Sauzee
28-07-2016, 05:29 PM
I was there! Wasn't on the pitch tho as I was too busy giving Mickey Weir a huge hug

MKHIBEE
28-07-2016, 05:44 PM
The way we won the game and the pitch invasion at the end, no matter what some say, added to the day. It appears that the whole attitude of those involved with the club, especially the fans, has changed for the better since that day. We believe in this team.

It may have added to your day, fair enough, please don't assume that everyone feels the same.They don't, although I'm sure you are aware of that.You commenting that "no matter what some say" does not make it fact.

RoscoHibby
28-07-2016, 05:55 PM
I was there....

Yaaaaaaaaasssssssssssss!! (How many of them did you do that day?!)

Hibees! Hibees! Hibees!

SteveHFC
28-07-2016, 06:15 PM
I was there and was too busy crying uncontrollably while cuddling some middle aged women beside me.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-07-2016, 06:31 PM
I was there...

Ringothedog
28-07-2016, 06:47 PM
I was there, as was my dad in spirit.

Famous Fiver
28-07-2016, 06:52 PM
......... and ever since I've been asking every Jambo I know 'How's your garden doing?' then asking if they fancy a piece of turf to help it along.
Shut's every one of them up there and then.

Ferry green
28-07-2016, 06:56 PM
I was there ..... I think I may still be there.

and now , thanks to this thread , I am watching it again (officially lost count now)

oneone73
28-07-2016, 07:04 PM
I was there ..... I think I may still be there.

and now , thanks to this thread , I am watching it again (officially lost count now)

I was there. Still am, a lot of the time.

Topographic Hibby
28-07-2016, 07:08 PM
I was there, as was my dad in spirit.

So was I, and so was another in spirit. And his dad too.

Will somebody put these onions away for gawds sake.........!!

Itsnoteasy
28-07-2016, 07:21 PM
There was tumbleweed blowing through Gorgie

Pedantic_Hibee
28-07-2016, 07:24 PM
I was there. Crying like a bairn.

northstandhibby
28-07-2016, 07:29 PM
There was tumbleweed blowing through Gorgie

:partyhibb

I was there with my older brother. What a day!

Glory Glory

One Day Soon
28-07-2016, 07:42 PM
I was there. And so was Mrs One Day Soon and both of the little One Day Soons. In my head I'm not sure I've ever left. I think I will still be there for a long, long time to come. I always thought I would change my username if we ever won it. I NEVER want to change it though. Every time I log on it reminds of that day. It's like being a little kid on Christmas morning every single time I think of it all. Oh and by the way, you were all fantastic. It was green and white Hibernian heaven. Thank you Hibs and thank you my brothers and sisters for one of the best days of my life.

KSA Hibee
28-07-2016, 07:55 PM
I was there .. Daughter on one side of me and my son on the other .. It was defo a "if I die now I'm a happy man moment "

What frustrates me about the day even now !!!! Is singing in my head every bl**dy day since ... "Since quarter tae five ... We've no won the big cup ... Since quarter tae five " ... I have sung songs about the colour of the grass for 40 odd years but NEVER with such gusto, excileration and unbounded joy as that day

KSA Hibee
28-07-2016, 07:58 PM
Quick Addition to my post above ... Why do my eyes still leak uncontrollably when I remember that day ??

How long will these tears of joy last .. And to be honest do I really ever want this feeling to stop 💚💚💚

GGTTH

WoreTheGreen
28-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Quick Addition to my post above ... Why do my eyes still leak uncontrollably when I remember that day ??

How long will these tears of joy last .. And to be honest do I really ever want this feeling to stop 💚💚💚

GGTTH

Might be hay / hibs fever

lord bunberry
28-07-2016, 08:13 PM
I was there. I was actually holding my daughter up so she could see for the last 2 goals, god knows how I didn't drop her when the 3rd went in. It was a nice feeling.

Cardinal G
28-07-2016, 08:24 PM
I was there crying my eyes out with my dad their in spirit. We had stood together in 79 near the same spot I stood on 21st may, crying with so many others as we realised our dream had been realised whilst thinking also of those who were no longer with us to share in the celebrations.

Glory Lurker
28-07-2016, 08:30 PM
We were ALL there, whether in body or spirit.

john boy stovie
28-07-2016, 08:45 PM
I was there with my son and daughter and I could not have been happier

Bristolhibby
28-07-2016, 08:54 PM
I wasn't there. :-(

But still over the moon!

J

GreenLake
28-07-2016, 09:15 PM
Yip. Seen you waving your winnings in the Spanish place.

Hola, Gigante Dormido!

Smartie
28-07-2016, 09:22 PM
John Greig, Mason Boyne, Hunny McHunface and a football supporter from Dumbarton were all there.

sleeping giant
28-07-2016, 09:54 PM
Bumped into an auld mate on the way in.
Crawford was there.

HIBBYSTU T
28-07-2016, 10:00 PM
I Was in my seat number 114 must hove been an omen.:flag:

Pete
28-07-2016, 10:05 PM
People who couldn't find their way to the ground if you dropped them at the junction of Easter Road and Rossie place were there.

More acculations if you were in Kirkcaldy. :greengrin

JOD
28-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Yep was there I also want to state my rights. I plead the 5th. amendment.

**** I'm in Scotland not USA so forget that.

:-)

Sir David Gray
28-07-2016, 10:50 PM
I was there.

Come to think of it, so were they...

lyonhibs
29-07-2016, 06:11 AM
I was there.

Come to think of it, so were they...

Bleurgh, did you have to??

Springbank
29-07-2016, 06:24 AM
Might be hay / hibs fever

Grayfever

sleeping giant
29-07-2016, 06:56 AM
Hibernian - Scottish Cup champions .

matty_f
29-07-2016, 07:00 AM
Andy Halliday had it covered.

The Spaceman
29-07-2016, 07:11 AM
Still feels amazing - I am still watching the highlights pretty much every morning with my breakfast! The players on the day and Stubbs are now immortalised. Legends.

I am also pleased for the team that they have maintained the feel-good factor with an excellent two legs over Brondby, feel Stubbs left us at a good point and we now have another very good manager in Neil Lennon. 10,000+ supporters to roar them to the Championship Title this season :thumbsup:

BSEJVT
29-07-2016, 08:34 AM
I was there with my son, daughter and brother.

I saw something I never thought I would ever see and it will live with me till I die and long afterwards through my children.

I think about it every day and don't think there will come a time when I don't.

Whatever failings Hibs have had over my nearly 50 years supporting them and all the pain and anguish were washed away by that one day.

I love Hibs

GGTTH

Mr White
29-07-2016, 09:16 AM
I was there with my son, daughter and brother.

I saw something I never thought I would ever see and it will live with me till I die and long afterwards through my children.

I think about it every day and don't think there will come a time when I don't.

Whatever failings Hibs have had over my nearly 50 years supporting them and all the pain and anguish were washed away by that one day.

I love Hibs

GGTTH

This, absolutely this. Well with a slight alteration to the first line for me but great post :thumbsup:

Holmesdale Hibs
29-07-2016, 10:18 AM
I couldn't get a ticket so was in a pub in Wembley before watching my second love CPFC play Manure in the FA Cup final with 2 other shocked Hibs/Palace fans. It felt like I floated up to my seat and was a bit weird being belting out Palace songs when all I could think about was Sunshine on Leith.

Just thinking about that day and that goal puts me in a good mood.

One Day Soon
29-07-2016, 03:39 PM
We were ALL there, whether in body or spirit. Amen brother.

29-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Plenty of renditions of this in the new season please :thumbsup: Lap it up, we deserve it after so many years of SC failure and the ridicule that has come with it.

Scouse Hibee
30-07-2016, 07:13 AM
I was there and so was my son,I witnessed something that made me feel like I had never felt before at a football match and am unlikely ever to feel again.

ALF TUPPER
30-07-2016, 07:22 AM
I was there witnessing my best Hibs occasion. For me, no matter what we go on to win or achieve it will never be bettered.

Veni Vidi Vici

Hibby_G
30-07-2016, 09:04 AM
I was there .....

Northern Hibby
30-07-2016, 10:49 AM
Called my wife and children after final whistle could hardly speak, i just sobbed, WE WON!!!

cloudy
30-07-2016, 11:43 AM
Lee wallace told the cops he was there.

lugz
30-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Called my wife and children after final whistle could hardly speak, i just sobbed, WE WON!!!

This is what I done, phoned the wife and my mum who introduced me to hibs...she decided to stop going to finals and since we've won the league cup and Scottish cup haha.

Nailsea Hibby
30-07-2016, 11:58 AM
I was there ........

I was there, trying to believe it was for real and we had actually done it after so many previous trips. :flag:

fat freddy
30-07-2016, 12:07 PM
I'm reminded of our greatest day every time I walk into my kitchen and see the centre spot sprouting out of its plant pot. It's becoming unkempt now and has grown to 10 times the size it was when I first acquired it. Sometimes I just laugh when I'm waiting for the kettle to boil while stroking my lovely centre spot, other times I cry and use the tears to water it.

Alex Trager
30-07-2016, 12:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUPq5labjCQ&sns=em

Enjoy this

Itsnoteasy
30-07-2016, 07:06 PM
FFS great addition to the thread well done.

No need to be sarcastic

theonlywayisup
30-07-2016, 07:09 PM
I left after 70 minutes, what happened next..............

:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
30-07-2016, 07:10 PM
No need to be sarcastic

No need to post that ******.

It's a thread to celebrate and remember the cup win not make moronic posts about people who have passed.

JimboHibs
30-07-2016, 07:34 PM
I was there but missed the winner...was sat about 10 seats away from the Huns and said a little 'please let me hear a roar then bedlam beside me' while staring towards they're end,dunno what we'd need to do as a club to top that every bit of despair,heartache was gone when that roar went up.

iwasthere1972
30-07-2016, 07:36 PM
I was there ........

Iwasthere.

Glory Lurker
30-07-2016, 07:47 PM
The Boer War had just finished, King Edward was on the throne, the Wright Brothers were working on their designs.........

Who started this thread? Why do we insist on embarrassing ourselves like this? :boo hoo:

Dashing Bob S
30-07-2016, 07:51 PM
I was there. Stoically shook hands with my comrades, looked over at the departing blue masses and bellowed: "tough cheese Johnny Hun." Repeated this line to many I saw in several Glasgow hostelries after.

I admit to being a terrible winner, but I was in a state of shock and quite unable to process anything else at this time.

The grace only really kicked in back on the train back home, where I phoned family and close friends, then in Leith's hostelries, where I was beset with a strange other worldly feeling. I think it was at the parade on Sunday, when I thought: yes, it really did happen.

brog
30-07-2016, 08:00 PM
A bit of an aside - I wasn't there, stayed in London as I could not face being in same ground as The Rangers. Made the parade though!! My aside is, I don't know if it's been posted before but what a great commentary from Derek Rae ( I think ) on Sky. From " Henderson to Deliver " through " They've only gone & done it " to " What kept you Hibs " I felt he captured the mood perfectly & we'll all be saying these phrases for many years to come. Don't often praise commentators, especially Scottish ones, but that was exceptional!

Jonnyboy
30-07-2016, 08:10 PM
A bit of an aside - I wasn't there, stayed in London as I could not face being in same ground as The Rangers. Made the parade though!! My aside is, I don't know if it's been posted before but what a great commentary from Derek Rae ( I think ) on Sky. From " Henderson to Deliver " through " They've only gone & done it " to " What kept you Hibs " I felt he captured the mood perfectly & we'll all be saying these phrases for many years to come. Don't often praise commentators, especially Scottish ones, but that was exceptional!

It was Ian Crocker, B. Same guy that did the 6-2 game and yes, it was magical :thumbsup:

sleeping giant
30-07-2016, 08:14 PM

:agree:

Brilliant.

I cant remember what country the commentary was from but the guy said ....
"Hibs have written their name all over the Scottish Cup with a big green pen ":greengrin:

My lasting moment was Hendo hearing the whistle and running towards us . I will never forget (what I can remember) that day.

Hibernian Scottish Cup Champions.

"So Rod Petrie , did you ever think you would see this day "?

Rod "yes"

Glory Lurker
30-07-2016, 08:19 PM
Crocker comes across as a genuine neutral who just likes good football. He loved us in 00/01.

Two blotches on his Final copybook, though - the "hibsed it" comment towards the very end, and not chucking Andy Walker's mic away.

Mr White
30-07-2016, 08:22 PM
Crocker comes across as a genuine neutral who just likes good football. He loved us in 00/01.

Two blotches on his Final copybook, though - the "hibsed it" comment towards the very end, and not chucking Andy Walker's mic away.

I'd agree with that except that I'd say he should have thrown Andy Walker away and kept the mic. Those things are harder to replace.

Col2
30-07-2016, 08:27 PM

Did the same and they were all in a shoe shop and all I could say was "we did it, we did it"!!!!

Libby Hibby
30-07-2016, 08:28 PM
I was there

MKHIBEE
30-07-2016, 08:31 PM
My wife and I were watching the highlights tonight, as we do every Saturday night, and she said " we have won the cup every century" . That makes us one of 4, the other 3 being Celtic, Hearts and the nearly liquidated Rangers.

Col2
30-07-2016, 08:35 PM
As an aside. I like many have watched more footage on the cup final than any other event ever. What I haven't seen is any footage from Sevco mutants perspective either taken by themselves or from TVs camera's. I have seen the fantastic press box clin which shows Huns in corporate facilities not giggling! But nothing else. Anyone got hold of anything. I just want to see the pain!!

Glory Lurker
30-07-2016, 08:41 PM
As an aside. I like many have watched more footage on the cup final than any other event ever. What I haven't seen is any footage from Sevco mutants perspective either taken by themselves or from TVs camera's. I have seen the fantastic press box clin which shows Huns in corporate facilities not giggling! But nothing else. Anyone got hold of anything. I just want to see the pain!!

Definitely! I've been thinking this for a few weeks. I can probably understand that your average Orc wouldn't be keen to put anything on YouTube, but there must have been a ton of neutrals in the fancy seats. Come on, neutrals, get your films up!

Oh, that press box clip is just fantastic. It might actually be my favourite.

Aldo
30-07-2016, 08:44 PM

When the cup is presented the guy doing it has a big cheesy grin and as he hands the cup to Gray he pats him on the back and claps...... The sour pussed guy behind him on the other hand looked wee peed aff!! Like someone had robbed his team of glory in injury time.

Glory Lurker
30-07-2016, 08:45 PM
I'd agree with that except that I'd say he should have thrown Andy Walker away and kept the mic. Those things are harder to replace.

Good point. :greengrin

northstandhibby
30-07-2016, 08:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUPq5labjCQ&sns=em

Enjoy this

I really enjoyed seeing Jason's header against the Jambos again. I think it could be the best headed goal I've ever seen. it was amazing the way he looped it over the keeper. Just brilliant.

Glory Glory

Ilovehibs
30-07-2016, 08:53 PM
I was there...with my family. Some in body, others in spirit, like lots of my fellow Hibbies.

The day was everything and MORE than I had for so long dreamed of,
prayed, wished, hoped, ached and waited for.

Thank you to the team and management that made our dreams come true. It was even better than I thought it would be. Beautiful moments that will live with me forever. Tears of love and joy appear as soon as I start thinking about it.

Football might just be a game but when it came to our beloved Hibernian finally lifting the Scottish Cup, I can honestly say it was the best day of my whole life aside from the births of my kids ( but it was pretty damn close to that!)

So were the days, weeks, months and no doubt years that follow. Life will never be the same again.
21/5/16 was a defining day. GGTTH.

I love Hibs.

murray26
30-07-2016, 09:09 PM
I was there...with my family. Some in body, others in spirit, like lots of my fellow Hibbies.

The day was everything and MORE than I had for so long dreamed of,
prayed, wished, hoped, ached and waited for.

Thank you to the team and management that made our dreams come true. It was even better than I thought it would be. Beautiful moments that will live with me forever. Tears of love and joy appear as soon as I start thinking about it.

Football might just be a game but when it came to our beloved Hibernian finally lifting the Scottish Cup, I can honestly say it was the best day of my whole life aside from the births of my kids ( but it was pretty damn close to that!)

So were the days, weeks, months and no doubt years that follow. Life will never be the same again.
21/5/16 was a defining day. GGTTH.

I love Hibs.
Great post..👍

lord bunberry
30-07-2016, 09:17 PM
When the cup is presented the guy doing it has a big cheesy grin and as he hands the cup to Gray he pats him on the back and claps...... The sour pussed guy behind him on the other hand looked wee peed aff!! Like someone had robbed his team of glory in injury time.

I noticed that as we Aldo. It was all part of the experience that day though. He must have been a Hun. Ha ha.

Sergey
30-07-2016, 09:22 PM

Since you posted this, I've just wiled away the last hour or so watching the final moments again :thumbsup:

Brilliant stuff!

Dashing Bob S
30-07-2016, 09:27 PM
I loved the game, and have now relived it countless times by watching the Sky and BBC broadcasts all the way through.

The Huns strop, and their refusal to take their medicine, pick up runners-up medals, and talk to the cameras, and their poncey wee press-orchestrated little schoolboy bully-victim lies 'the bad boys battered us' means that we missed some schadenfreude in the TV coverage. However, the absence of sickened Hun faces meant that the coverage was all about us, just unbroken Hibernian joy all the way through. Even the attempt to turn it into a 'poor Rangers' moan by some broadcasters soon died a death, as no Hun would speak up, and they must have, on the ground, seen the players were going on the bus back to Govan for some sobbing, rather than the hospital for their fictitious wounds.

All in all it was perfect.

The Spaceman
30-07-2016, 09:41 PM

He is one of my favourite commentators full stop - always seems to capture the moment perfectly, does his research behind each team/player and is always neutral.

Sergey
30-07-2016, 09:45 PM
I loved the game, and have now relived it countless times by watching the Sky and BBC broadcasts all the way through.

The Huns strop, and their refusal to take their medicine, pick up runners-up medals, and talk to the cameras, and their poncey wee press-orchestrated little schoolboy bully-victim lies 'the bad boys battered us' means that we missed some schadenfreude in the TV coverage. However, the absence of sickened Hun faces meant that the coverage was all about us, just unbroken Hibernian joy all the way through. Even the attempt to turn it into a 'poor Rangers' moan by some broadcasters soon died a death, as no Hun would speak up, and they must have, on the ground, seen the players were going on the bus back to Govan for some sobbing, rather than the hospital for their fictitious wounds.

Perfectly put, Robert. So many pluses both on and off the pitch.

I've been trying to find the Radio coverage of the match to download so I can listen to it on the drive to Shrewsbury in the morning. That's one form of media that I have yet to enjoy.

hibby6270
30-07-2016, 09:47 PM
To keep the thread alive - can confirm I was there, as was Mrs hibby6270. She has always known I love Hibs but now I think she understands why. :thumbsup:

Itsnoteasy
30-07-2016, 10:11 PM
I was there & became a proud member of the 660 club.

murray26
30-07-2016, 10:17 PM
Perfectly put, Robert. So many pluses both on and off the pitch.

I've been trying to find the Radio coverage of the match to download so I can listen to it on the drive to Shrewsbury in the morning. That's one form of media that I have yet to enjoy.
Hearing biscuits squeaky voice and no doubt despair would complete my collection.. Would love to hear the bbc radio coverage of the last ten minutes and the aftermath.. So far it's evaded me.. If someone could oblige it would be most appreciated..

brog
31-07-2016, 06:13 AM
It was Ian Crocker, B. Same guy that did the 6-2 game and yes, it was magical :thumbsup:

Of course it was J, having a senior moment, again! I agree his 6-2 commentary was also superb & I had no problem with his Hibsed It comment, I took that to be genuinely ironic & almost a GIRUY to his fellow commentators & scribes.

LaMotta
31-07-2016, 08:26 AM

Video of Rangers Tv commentary well worth a watch:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/682116121809885?view=permalink&id=1124412810913545

Need to join the hibernian fans news facebook group to see this though.

Kato
31-07-2016, 09:59 AM

Nice post. I would have said "sickened Hun puses" or "sickened Hun pans" as "faces" is too, too kind a description.

erin go bragh
31-07-2016, 12:22 PM
The best thing about it is that it wasn't just a case of 'I was there'. We all revelled in it. It wasn't just about that one day, but the years of letdown after letdown. The fear that some of us would not see it, and knowing Hibs fans of years gone by had gone their whole lives without seeing it.

So many factors made this day so special: our Scottish Cup record, utter despair against Falkirk and Ross County in the same season - one coming only a week before - the relegation, losing previous finals, one against Hearts. It had reached the point at which some thought we were cursed. Hibs had become a metaphor for failure. The 21st of May may have changed this forever, with the biggest of all monkeys removed from our backs.

This is bang on mate .👍🇳🇬🏆

blackpoolhibs
31-07-2016, 03:47 PM
https://twitter.com/Robbie__P

3pm
31-07-2016, 04:16 PM
https://twitter.com/Robbie__P

:hilarious

Skyegreen
31-07-2016, 04:48 PM
As I held my scarf above my head in the scorching sunshine and sung SOL along with 20 odd thousand of my fellow Hibernian supporters......I knew this was a moment in time, that will never be surpassed unless we win the premier league! 💚😎

Jonnyboy
03-08-2016, 08:59 PM
Never tire of looking at this. The expression on wee Louie's face :greengrin

https://twitter.com/HibsTrust/status/734483855328088064/photo/1

Viva_Palmeiras
04-08-2016, 03:31 PM
Never tire of looking at this. The expression on wee Louie's face :greengrin

https://twitter.com/HibsTrust/status/734483855328088064/photo/1

I'm sure it's not too far away from being how people would dream of themselves in that position. He's living the dream along with Hanlon and McGregor.

CallumLaidlaw
04-08-2016, 03:45 PM
I was there and so was my son,I witnessed something that made me feel like I had never felt before at a football match and am unlikely ever to feel again.

This 100%. Was alongside my son and best mate with my long suffering father and sister just a few rows behind. I almost struggle to remember that feeling from 90+2 onwards as it was as you say, a feeling id never had before, and even if we win it another 5 times in my lifetime, will never feel again