PDA

View Full Version : NHC Celtic draw in Kasakhstan

Jim44
27-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Celtic managed a 1-1 draw in their CL qualification match. Henderson was not on the bench but I don't know if he was in their squad.

Canon Hannan
27-07-2016, 04:48 PM
Good result.

Hendo is not good enough for them to be honest. Patrick Roberts is amazing.

Waxy
27-07-2016, 04:57 PM
Is this for group stage qualification or is there one more round?

Jim44
27-07-2016, 05:04 PM
Is this for group stage qualification or is there one more round?

I think there's a play-off round before the group stages.

Billy Whizz
27-07-2016, 06:16 PM
I think there's a play-off round before the group stages.

There is, when the likes on Manchester city go in

CB_NO3
27-07-2016, 06:23 PM
Henderson was playing for Celtic development v Liverpool development at Cappielow tonight.

7 Up
27-07-2016, 06:25 PM
That's a decent result for Celtic. Away goal could be decisive.

Billy Whizz
27-07-2016, 06:28 PM

Good finish by Leigh

Since90+2
27-07-2016, 06:29 PM

I am pretty sure UEFA changed it a few seasons back so that the Champions of the smaller nations are in a separate section of the draw through the "Champions" route. The theory is that more of them should qualify but ironically Celtic have not qualified for the group stages since 2013.

Ozyhibby
27-07-2016, 06:29 PM

Celtic will be seeded so will avoid them but there are still some good teams they could face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronniekirk
27-07-2016, 06:31 PM

It was their only shot on Target but yep a very important goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnMcM
27-07-2016, 06:44 PM
I hope they win the return leg very easily. It might make them blasie enough to think they don't need Hendo and let him come to us:flag:

BoomtownHibees
27-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Security guy in Copenhagen airport told me that Celtc would play FC Copengagen if they get through. Has that draw been made yet or are they one of a number of teams they could end up getting?

Bishop Hibee
27-07-2016, 07:01 PM
Good result.

Hendo is not good enough for them to be honest. Patrick Roberts is amazing.

Wouldn't have been much different from McGregor or Armstrong on that showing. Roberts looked a class act.

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-07-2016, 07:05 PM
Kinda tells you all about the level of football our clubs are playing at nowadays when a draw away to a team from Kazakhstan is deemed a "good result"

Next round is only gonna get even tougher for celtic and Aberdeen if they both make it through. Scottish government should have intervened years ago and gave it a shake up from head to toe.

That being said.... Hibernian FC are Scottish Cup CHAMPIONS so everything else is irrelevant 💚💚

Since90+2
27-07-2016, 07:18 PM
Kinda tells you all about the level of football our clubs are playing at nowadays when a draw away to a team from Kazakhstan is deemed a "good result"

Next round is only gonna get even tougher for celtic and Aberdeen if they both make it through. Scottish government should have intervened years ago and gave it a shake up from head to toe.

That being said.... Hibernian FC are Scottish Cup CHAMPIONS so everything else is irrelevant ����

Astana made it to the group stages of the Champions league last season and were unbeaten in the 3 home ties (Benfica , Atletico Madrid and Galatasary all drew there) so I can see why some would deem it a good result. They are also half way through their season whereas this was Celtic's third competitive game.

theonlywayisup
27-07-2016, 08:43 PM
Henderson was playing for Celtic development v Liverpool development at Cappielow tonight.

Can't see Henderson being pleased playing in the development team two months after playing a major role in winning the Scottish Cup.

ancient hibee
27-07-2016, 08:45 PM
Can't see Henderson being pleased playing in the development team two months after playing a major role in winning the Scottish Cup.

On show to Liverpool.

stevie-bee
27-07-2016, 08:48 PM
No commons or Allan on the bench ,

ancient hibee
27-07-2016, 08:51 PM
No commons or Allan on the bench ,

Commons can hardly run at the moment.

Dunbar Hibee
27-07-2016, 09:40 PM
Don't rate Celtic at all from what I've seen from them so far.

Chip shop Joe
27-07-2016, 10:07 PM
Wouldn't have been much different from McGregor or Armstrong on that showing. Roberts looked a class act.

A boy at work is a Celtic season ticket holder and says that Roberts is in a different league to anything else they have.

He is just enjoying him being there for as long as he can as they are never going to keep him long term.