PDA

View Full Version : Very excited for the new season

27-07-2016, 03:27 PM
Think this is probably the most excited i've been for a new season in a long time. The club is on a high, theres a great feel good factor about the place and I think we have a really decent squad. Last season was probably one of the most enjoyable seasons i've experienced and of course ended on one hell of a high.

Last season, despite just missing out on promotion I was still pretty upbeat but I think the whole Scott Allan saga casted a bit of a dark cloud.

10k ST's sold so lets get ER bouncing :thumbsup:

hfcnic
27-07-2016, 03:52 PM
I feel the same. Feel like its been a long pre season and ready to see what we can do.

Hopefully adding an experienced keeper will top it all off :greengrin

sleeping giant
27-07-2016, 04:30 PM
Shackles are off now .

Looking forward to it

lord bunberry
27-07-2016, 04:34 PM
Me too. I can't wait for the action to get underway. I think we've got a squad good enough to stroll the league and be very competitive in the cups.

Albanian Hibs
27-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Think it is going to be a very special season

Alfred E Newman
27-07-2016, 05:32 PM
I would be very surprised if it's going to be as plain sailing as some are making out. There are bound to be ups and downs but I am looking forward to it.

27-07-2016, 06:01 PM
Absolutely vital get off to a good start and stay consistent. 2 years ago, it was a slow start that cost us, by the time we clicked into gear the yams were already too far ahead and we couldn't make up the ground. Last year we lost some ground on the huns, made it back just before christmas but then hit a hideous run in about March-Apr that let the huns pull away.

We cannot underestimate this league, get complacent and believe it will be a stroll in the park. Falkirk caused us problems last year and despite loosing a couple of key players, bet your bottom dollar they will be right up for playing us. Dundee Utd are kind of in the same position we were 2 seasons ago, nobody really knows what their squad is going to be like and Dunfermline I reckon will be a wee surprise package.

Andy74
27-07-2016, 07:04 PM
A thing I took from our trip to Brondby was that winning the cup has given us an extra wee bit of gravitas. Fans and players. Being able to sing with some authority about winning something consequential recently I think added something.

Ronniekirk
27-07-2016, 07:16 PM
A thing I took from our trip to Brondby was that winning the cup has given us an extra wee bit of gravitas. Fans and players. Being able to sing with some authority about winning something consequential recently I think added something.

Agree and lets keep this going all season even if we get setbacks along the way Am all for Gravitas and a bit of swagger after what we have been through during the depression of the Petrie years post winning the League Cup Back in 2007
We are back and lets let everyone know we Are Proud Scottish Cup Holders despite the press wanting o focus on our Celebrations on the Pitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-07-2016, 07:22 PM
Imperative that we get off to a good start this season. As others have said the swagger from winning the Scottish will give us that extra belief, that extra yard. No coincidence the amount of late goals winning teams score, and after that ending on 21.05.16 I reckon the players will have that belief. The thing Lennon will bring to us is the experience in playing against teams that only wanna spoil the game and play 10 men behind the ball.

Confident we will romp the league this year

Bishop Hibee
27-07-2016, 07:40 PM
Great thread title with which I agree 100%. I'm normally a pessimistic soul about all things Hibs but having been to all the home games so far and watched the game away to Brondby on the box I'm bullish. Look forward to finishing first and promotion.

Joe6-2
27-07-2016, 07:48 PM
I would be very surprised if it's going to be as plain sailing as some are making out. There are bound to be ups and downs but I am looking forward to it.

The Hibernian way!!! 🙄

27-07-2016, 08:15 PM
Agree and lets keep this going all season even if we get setbacks along the way Am all for Gravitas and a bit of swagger after what we have been through during the depression of the Petrie years post winning the League Cup Back in 2007
We are back and lets let everyone know we Are Proud Scottish Cup Holders despite the press wanting o focus on our Celebrations on the Pitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely. Use the SC win to give us, as somebody already mentioned, a bit of swagger. Don't live off it like the yams did though. They were never the same in derbies since the 2012 final because they hid behind and lived off that day. But we can use it to give the team very positive backing.

Greencore
27-07-2016, 08:21 PM
The league is ours. It's time to be cocky and arrogant and smash the diddy teams. We will be champions.