PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: AWAY SEASON TICKET SCHEME LAUNCHED

RSS Bot
27-07-2016, 09:20 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6664)

Finn2015
27-07-2016, 10:43 AM
Good scheme and good idea to cap it to give other fans a chance. I'm looking go a few away games but every one is impossible

Borderhibbie76
27-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Not happy with this tbh or the scrapping of loyalty points - all because a few kicked up a fuss. Work dictates I can't go to every away match but I go to 90% of them and now under this new scheme of risk missing out on tickets of I don't buy an away season ticket?? I understand they can't please everyone but to scrap loyalty points after 2 seasons is bizarre

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Eaststandee
27-07-2016, 11:16 AM
This seems a terrible idea that even Hibs don't want the fans to take up..

If I sign up can I opt out of purchasing for certain games?
No, signing up for the away season ticket commits the supporter to purchasing a ticket for every away game in the Ladbrokes Championship, Betfred League Cup, Irn Bru Challenge Cup and William Hill Scottish Cup. Please note it does not apply to the UEFA Europa League.

Do I get to choose my seat?
No you don’t, you will be allocated a seat. This means that it may not be possible for you to have a ticket beside those who don’t own an away season ticket. If you apply as part of a group your tickets will be allocated together.

What happens if the away club doesn’t provide tickets to Hibernian for sale in advance of a match?
If the Club doesn’t receive tickets from the away side we are not in a position to allocate you tickets as part of the away season ticket scheme.

What if there is a ticket promotion at a certain game e.g family price?
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to be part of this once signed up to the away season ticket – you will be required to pay the full amount of the match ticket.

Aye sounds good! :confused:

bob12345
27-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Think it's a decent idea to save the most loyal of away fans the hassle of having to buy their tickets every other week. However, to scrap the loyalty points based ion 350 people that can go to every away game (and leave anyone who goes to 90% with nothing) is bizarre.

Hearts have had loyalty points for years - does anyone know if theirs works well?

cabbage_88
27-07-2016, 11:25 AM
Utter nonsense this away season ticket. Loyalty points system worked absolutely fine!!

CapitalGreen
27-07-2016, 11:28 AM
This seems a terrible idea that even Hibs don't want the fans to take up..

If I sign up can I opt out of purchasing for certain games?
No, signing up for the away season ticket commits the supporter to purchasing a ticket for every away game in the Ladbrokes Championship, Betfred League Cup, Irn Bru Challenge Cup and William Hill Scottish Cup. Please note it does not apply to the UEFA Europa League.

Do I get to choose my seat?
No you don’t, you will be allocated a seat. This means that it may not be possible for you to have a ticket beside those who don’t own an away season ticket. If you apply as part of a group your tickets will be allocated together.

What happens if the away club doesn’t provide tickets to Hibernian for sale in advance of a match?
If the Club doesn’t receive tickets from the away side we are not in a position to allocate you tickets as part of the away season ticket scheme.

What if there is a ticket promotion at a certain game e.g family price?
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to be part of this once signed up to the away season ticket – you will be required to pay the full amount of the match ticket.

Aye sounds good! :confused:

Hibs will make no money from this scheme so they are rightly limiting the administration required as much as possible. This is being put in place so a small group of fans who attend every away game can guarantee themselves a ticket - there is no other benefits or incentives and neither there should be.

bob12345
27-07-2016, 11:29 AM
Think it's a decent idea to save the most loyal of away fans the hassle of having to buy their tickets every other week. However, to scrap the loyalty points based ion 350 people that can go to every away game (and leave anyone who goes to 90% with nothing) is bizarre.

Hearts have had loyalty points for years - does anyone know if theirs works well?

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Too many complained re LP system, now its scrapped. This is a compromise

Hiber-nation
27-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Not happy with this tbh or the scrapping of loyalty points - all because a few kicked up a fuss. Work dictates I can't go to every away match but I go to 90% of them and now under this new scheme of risk missing out on tickets of I don't buy an away season ticket?? I understand they can't please everyone but to scrap loyalty points after 2 seasons is bizarre

Totally agree and still haven't worked out exactly why the loyalty points scheme was scrapped. I just don't see the point in this at all.

Borderhibbie76
27-07-2016, 11:41 AM
Totally agree and still haven't worked out exactly why the loyalty points scheme was scrapped. I just don't see the point in this at all.
We have had zero explanation from LD as to why this was scrapped it really angers me as all that money spent going to matches the last 2 seasons and our points are now just scrubbed. This away season ticket is bizarre to say the least...I would welcome comments from our Board representatives on this as most of us seem very unhappy about this??

Beefster
27-07-2016, 11:44 AM
When the Loyalty points existed, the vast majority of comments were complaints. Now it doesn't, the vast majority of comments are about how good it was and how pish the new system is.

I'd hate to work for the club. Imagine trying to do anything new when you know that folk are going to moan about it on the internet.

stantonhibby
27-07-2016, 11:45 AM
We have had zero explanation from LD as to why this was scrapped it really angers me as all that money spent going to matches the last 2 seasons and our points are now just scrubbed. This away season ticket is bizarre to say the least...I would welcome comments from our Board representatives on this as most of us seem very unhappy about this??

It really angers you ?? really ? You need to get out more.

Beefster
27-07-2016, 11:46 AM
We have had zero explanation from LD as to why this was scrapped it really angers me as all that money spent going to matches the last 2 seasons and our points are now just scrubbed.

Could be worse. Some of us bought STs every year that the loyalty points were in force and now have the same points as my Auntie Beryl, who hasn't been to a Hibs game since the 2001 cup final.

Borderhibbie76
27-07-2016, 11:49 AM
Could be worse. Some of us bought STs every year that the loyalty points were in force and now have the same points as my Auntie Beryl, who hasn't been to a Hibs game since the 2001 cup final.
Yup kno the feeling mate 😠

Borderhibbie76
27-07-2016, 11:50 AM
It really angers you ?? really ? You need to get out more.
Bit uncalled for ...personal insults not really necessary...I put my opinion across and as someone who had nearly 600 loyalty points I'm unhappy it's been scrapped.

3pm
27-07-2016, 11:50 AM
Done.

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2016, 11:51 AM
When the Loyalty points existed, the vast majority of comments were complaints. Now it doesn't, the vast majority of comments are about how good it was and how pish the new system is.

I'd hate to work for the club. Imagine trying to do anything new when you know that folk are going to moan about it on the internet.

:agree::agree:

Albanian Hibs
27-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Will no doubt miss any away midweek cup games plus one or two away games due to holidays booked so its not worth it for us. Wont be a problem getting tickets anywhere apart from dumbarton imo. It still leaves nearly 1600 for falkirk if we sell the 350 away season tickets so shouldnt be that hard to pick up tickets.

stantonhibby
27-07-2016, 11:55 AM
Bit uncalled for ...personal insults not really necessary...I put my opinion across and as someone who had nearly 600 loyalty points I'm unhappy it's been scrapped.

Apologies if you took it as a personal insult.......it was not meant as such. I just find the notion that the scrapping of the loyalty points would result in someone feeling 'really angry' rather melodramatic.

The consequences of not having the loyalty points are what exactly ?...........bit of a scramble for tickets for a few games per season ? Judging by the number of points you had assume you are a season ticket holder so will be in the first wave of priority anyway I would have thought.

hibs0666
27-07-2016, 11:57 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6664)

That's a pretty **** scheme all in all, and is way worse than what it replaced.

scoopyboy
27-07-2016, 12:00 PM
I liked the loyalty point system and IMO should have been retained.

The ones making most noise about it were the ones who only went to away games occasionally.

Only mistake for me was the nonsense with HSL.

Eaststandee
27-07-2016, 12:03 PM
Hibs will make no money from this scheme so they are rightly limiting the administration required as much as possible. This is being put in place so a small group of fans who attend every away game can guarantee themselves a ticket - there is no other benefits or incentives and neither there should be.

Surely the point of this like the Loyalty points scheme is to allow fans who attend more often the ease and opportunity to get a ticket before someone who goes now and then rather than to make money.

Someone may go to the majority of away games but can't justify financially signing up to paying for EVERY away game, never mind persuading the group they usually go to these games with to sign up as well.

But when we draw the puddle drinker or TRFC they can potentially lose out to someone who hasn't been to a game in years just because they are on the database.

It's not a fair system and it's not productive to settling the problems that come along when we have a limited amount of tickets. The reason loyalty points were brought in in the first place.

Ken
27-07-2016, 12:04 PM
Well done Hibs, exactly what was needed.

Away season ticket for those 150-250 fans that can commit to go to every away game and therefore can deservedly guarantee their ticket

The rest of us season tickets holders get equal priority to purchase the remaining away tickets for each game

The amount of amount resource Hibs must have spent in the last 2 season dealing with queries and complaint regarding the LP scheme, is money the club can't afford to waste.

At the end of the day we only sell out a couple of games a season prior to general sale.

marinello59
27-07-2016, 12:07 PM
Will no doubt miss any away midweek cup games plus one or two away games due to holidays booked so its not worth it for us. Wont be a problem getting tickets anywhere apart from dumbarton imo. It still leaves nearly 1600 for falkirk if we sell the 350 away season tickets so shouldnt be that hard to pick up tickets.

The Dumbarton games went to public sale last season. It's not something I'll be taking up, I'd be fairly confident of getting tickets anyway.

CB_NO3
27-07-2016, 12:08 PM
Agreed.

Andy74
27-07-2016, 12:10 PM

Yep but it has less consequences for others.

The loyalty scheme probably worked fine in itself but wasn't really needed either so it caused more admin issues than it solved.

bigwheel
27-07-2016, 12:12 PM
It seems to me that at the moment the loyalty scheme is still active - in fact it is being used on this occasion to give some early purchase opportunity - and then ironically disbanded immediately. :)

Kojock
27-07-2016, 12:14 PM
I buy a Hibernian season ticket knowing that due to holidays etc I will miss a couple of home games I don't mind as I know my money is going to Hibs. Purchasing away tickets for a game I cannot attend means my money is going to the likes of Dumbarton, Falkirk etc. So its a no from me.

Hibs say you can sell the away ticket if you are unable to use it. Trying to get rid of a ticket to QoS for a Tuesday night in December could prove difficult, then you would have to collect the ticket from ER and meet up with the person purchasing it from you.

Craig_HFC
27-07-2016, 12:14 PM

The ones making most noise about it were the ones who only went to away games occasionally.

Yep, absolutely this.

I liked the loyalty points system. It could have been improved (re-jig the tiered approach etc) but I think it's daft to scrap it altogether when it worked well for the most part.

green&left
27-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Well done Hibs, exactly what was needed.

Away season ticket for those 150-250 fans that can commit to go to every away game and therefore can deservedly guarantee their ticket

The rest of us season tickets holders get equal priority to purchase the remaining away tickets for each game

The amount of amount resource Hibs must have spent in the last 2 season dealing with queries and complaint regarding the LP scheme, is money the club can't afford to waste.

At the end of the day we only sell out a couple of games a season prior to general sale.

I think we'll be doing very well to sale anything like 250 of these.

Pretty ***** IMO. I usually miss one or two away games a season. When I say miss its usually cos i've booked a holiday or weekend away 8 months before hand. Never missed an away game simply because I can't be bothered. Means for a crunch game at the end of the season, people who have been to 90 plus percent of away games, will be in the same 'draw' as potentially 9000 other ST holders who havn't been to an away match all season. Utter pish.

Loyalty worked for me. Only ones moaning were the ones who didn't have the points...

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2016, 12:22 PM
I think we'll be doing very well to sale anything like 250 of these.

Pretty ***** IMO. I usually miss one or two away games a season. When I say miss its usually cos i've booked a holiday or weekend away 8 months before hand. Never missed an away game simply because I can't be bothered. Means for a crunch game at the end of the season, people who have been to 90 plus percent of away games, will be in the same 'draw' as potentially 9000 other ST holders who havn't been to an away match all season. Utter pish.

Loyalty worked for me. Only ones moaning were the ones who didn't have the points...

Those moaning never went anyway. Shame to see LP scrapped, but the moaners won in the end

hibs0666
27-07-2016, 12:26 PM
Yep but it has less consequences for others.

The loyalty scheme probably worked fine in itself but wasn't really needed either so it caused more admin issues than it solved.

If a scheme has no consequences that it has no impact and is a waste of time. Also, as someone who bought into the loyalty scheme approach, I racked up a good number of loyalty points and spent a good amount of money in the process. Hibs, in turn, have decided to bump my loyalty and others like me.

Most customer-facing organisations run loyalty schemes these days, and Hibs are amongst a select few that have abandoned them. For me its just another indication, alongside cup final merchandise and withdrawal of Hibs TV service with no notice, that the club is rudderless from a supporter perspective.

With not one but two supporters reps on the board, the club should now be doing a lot, lot better than this. Instead the situation seems to be getting worse.

marinello59
27-07-2016, 12:27 PM

Not true.
I was no fan of the loyalty points scheme for a number of reasons and I was in the top tier. I certainly wasn't the only one.

bod
27-07-2016, 12:37 PM
do the tickets get sent out to you or is it pick up at the ticket office ?

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2016, 12:37 PM
do the tickets get sent out to you or is it pick up at the ticket office ?

Your choice.....

Andy74
27-07-2016, 12:39 PM
If a scheme has no consequences that it has no impact and is a waste of time. Also, as someone who bought into the loyalty scheme approach, I racked up a good number of loyalty points and spent a good amount of money in the process. Hibs, in turn, have decided to bump my loyalty and others like me.

Most customer-facing organisations run loyalty schemes these days, and Hibs are amongst a select few that have abandoned them. For me its just another indication, alongside cup final merchandise and withdrawal of Hibs TV service with no notice, that the club is rudderless from a supporter perspective.

With not one but two supporters reps on the board, the club should now be doing a lot, lot better than this. Instead the situation seems to be getting worse.

Alternatively they looked at it and realised it served no particular practical purpose but it created a lot of admin, fuss and arguments.

What is the practical impact to you of your loyalty being 'bumped'?

I was doing alright in points too but this will have pretty much no effect.

If you want to buy into the away season tickets you can do with priority.

CB_NO3
27-07-2016, 12:41 PM
Not true.
I was no fan of the loyalty points scheme for a number of reasons and I was in the top tier. I certainly wasn't the only one.
So you're happy to potentially miss a league winning title match at Dumbarton because someone who has not been to an away game all season snapped up your seat? Thats the reality of it. Hibs being useless as they are at times should never have got HSL involved.

pacoluna
27-07-2016, 12:42 PM
I have just purchased this. I will be losing money instead of saving which I thought the purpose of a season ticket was however I cant be bothered with having to compete with non season ticket holders when tickets are on general sale. Disappointed as I have never had problems getting tickets before using the loyalty points scheme or before that.

Can't both systems be used simultaneously?

Hermit Crab
27-07-2016, 12:46 PM
For the likes of Ayr and Qos away I will want to stand. Do you not get the choice? I always prefer to stand at games where terracing is available

Andy74
27-07-2016, 12:51 PM
I have just purchased this. I will be losing money instead of saving which I thought the purpose of a season ticket was however I cant be bothered with having to compete with non season ticket holders when tickets are on general sale. Disappointed as I have never had problems getting tickets before using the loyalty points scheme or before that.

Can't both systems be used simultaneously?

This was an argument used during the loyalty points thing but I'm not sure I've yet heard of a single occasion when someone who goes regularly and wanted a ticket for something didn't get one.

matty_f
27-07-2016, 12:51 PM

And some folk REALLY go on about it. :agree:

bod
27-07-2016, 12:56 PM
Your choice.....

could end up pricey. Do you trust the royal snail system or go for the special delivery at £ 6 odd

hibs0666
27-07-2016, 12:57 PM
Alternatively they looked at it and realised it served no particular practical purpose but it created a lot of admin, fuss and arguments.

What is the practical impact to you of your loyalty being 'bumped'?

I was doing alright in points too but this will have pretty much no effect.

If you want to buy into the away season tickets you can do with priority.

The practical impact is that I no longer have an allotted time window in which to make ticket purchases for matches where tickets are scarce. Instead, I now have to join the melee/lottery that is the Hibs ticket website an hour before tickets go on sale.

The season ticket is no not attractive to me in that I know already that I will miss away games - not too many, but enough to make an away ticket unattractive.

Now, the impact may be limited this season, but that will not be the case thereafter.

3pm
27-07-2016, 01:05 PM
Your choice.....

When I phoned ticketmaster, they said all tickets would have to be collected unless I phone up before each match ticket is released and ask for it to be posted.

Need to look into that.

BlackSheep
27-07-2016, 01:27 PM
The practical impact is that I no longer have an allotted time window in which to make ticket purchases for matches where tickets are scarce. Instead, I now have to join the melee/lottery that is the Hibs ticket website an hour before tickets go on sale.

If I don’t buy an away season ticket will there still be an opportunity to buy tickets to away matches?
Yes. We don’t envisage receiving less than 350 tickets for any away match, so there will always be some tickets available for sale to the wider support base. For games where demand exceeds supply we will give a priority window to home season ticket holders.
There will be priority given in big match cases... not ideal overall but still not a total loss to join the melee...

hibs0666
27-07-2016, 01:32 PM
For example, if we draw the huns away in the league cup, we potentially have over 10,000 people simultaneously chasing 900 tickets.

That would not have happened with the loyalty points system, and I would know with certainty what my window for buying ticket was.

marinello59
27-07-2016, 01:40 PM
So you're happy to potentially miss a league winning title match at Dumbarton because someone who has not been to an away game all season snapped up your seat? Thats the reality of it. Hibs being useless as they are at times should never have got HSL involved.

I'm happy at having the same chance of getting a seat as every other season ticket holder if that answers your question. I really can't remember when I last missed out on a ticket for a game I wanted to go to and I go to my fair share of away matches.

Col_0762
27-07-2016, 01:42 PM
For example, if we draw the huns away in the league cup, we potentially have over 10,000 people simultaneously chasing 900 tickets.

That would not have happened with the loyalty points system, and I would know with certainty what my window for buying ticket was.

That's how it was before the Points System though and we regularly didn't sell our allocation out for Ibrox or Parkhead. Christ even Tynie has went to a public sale a number of times. People need to take a deep breath here, we have between 300 and 500 who will go every week, it's never been a problem to get a ticket to a game. If you want to go, you'll get a ticket.

My personal opinion is nothing was ever needed from how it was originally. We don't have a big enough away support for all the mess these schemes cause.

For things like semi finals and finals, it's simple for Hibs to know who went or tell people to keep stubs that guarantees them a ticket for the final or semi final. How did everyone manage up till 2 years ago? I find it all very much people moaning for the sake of moaning.

Finn2015
27-07-2016, 02:23 PM
Well if it's capped at only 350 then surely means tickets for always will still be accessible? Look I won't pretend I'm an expert on this but seems ok to me tbh but feel free to disagree we will see if it works

CapitalGreen
27-07-2016, 02:32 PM

Away teams are entitled to allocations up to 20% of capacity for cup competitions.

Bobby's Cinema
27-07-2016, 03:03 PM

Harsh assessment. The club have tried to listen to supporters on this and have admitted it hasn't worked.

Keith_M
27-07-2016, 03:07 PM
This has got to be just about the dumbest thing they could have replaced the Loyalty Points with.

I can't see many people buying one.

marinello59
27-07-2016, 03:08 PM

The club listened, introduced a loyalty scheme then listened again when the flaws emerged and came up with this compromise. They'll never win though, no matter what they do.

27-07-2016, 03:18 PM
The loyalty system wasn't 100% perfect but it was the best way to go IMO. I think starting to give loyalty points to folk signing up for HSL was a bad move though. I get they were keen to offer as much insentive as possible to get folk to sign up but loyalty points should have been kept for match attendances only.

Smartie
27-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Personally I've found that the best solution is to not get too wound up if/when you have to miss a game.

Hibs cannot please everyone, there will always be people who will be unhappy regardless what they try to do.

Generally speaking they will always be able to reward those who are most loyal and go to most games.

No skin off my nose these days if I have to watch the odd game in the boozer/ at home/ or even be somewhere else doing something else.

Meh.

lyonhibs
27-07-2016, 03:55 PM
Should have just stuck with the loyalty scheme, perhaps tweaked it, but the fundamental logic was sound.

This is a half baked fudge.

A lot of decent ideas re more flexible ticketing solutions probably non starters as the club doesn't want to devalue the full whack season ticket.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
27-07-2016, 03:58 PM
Think this is a terrible idea. So what if people moaned last time, football fans will always moan.

The loyalty points principle is the fairest. Its application might have needed tinkered, but it was better than this.

StevieC
27-07-2016, 04:27 PM
The problem with the loyalty scheme was that it wasn't purely focused on away games. When they started dishing out loyalty points for shares and season tickets it negated the whole point of a loyalty scheme (and created a lot of ill feeling amongst supporters). The trouble was that once they'd allocated these points (and realised it was a mistake) the only way to rectify it was to scrap it.

I'd hope that the away season ticket is a temporary fix, and that a review of what's best will result in something better in a year or two.

I'm in a loyalty scheme where it is simply 1 loyalty point awarded for each away match that you attend. Away ticket allocation is then sold in stages, based on the number of loyalty points they anticipate are required before the allocation is filled.

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Doesn't look that good to me but seeing as there is no way I would ever attend every away game it doesn't really matter. There has also never been a Hibs game I wanted to attend but couldn't due to lack of a ticket.

hibs0666
27-07-2016, 05:08 PM
The club listened, introduced a loyalty scheme then listened again when the flaws emerged and came up with this compromise. They'll never win though, no matter what they do.

It's a compromise solution that replaces a scheme used by thousands to one that is used by a couple of hundred max. So in reality it is no solution at all and is a completely retrograde step.

Hiber-nation
27-07-2016, 05:40 PM
It's a compromise solution that replaces a scheme used by thousands to one that is used by a couple of hundred max. So in reality it is no solution at all and is a completely retrograde step.

Exactly. I wonder how many fans actually complained to Hibs about the loyalty points scheme. Apart from the HSL thing, it was ideal.

Or was it costing too much to administer somehow?

Andy74
27-07-2016, 05:40 PM

Yeah but how many in either scheme actually need it?

Scouse Hibee
27-07-2016, 05:44 PM
Can't see the take up being massive surely.

Hibeesforever
27-07-2016, 05:53 PM
This is a ridiculous away season ticket offer. No discount on tickets and forced to buy every away ticket. Really poor from Hibs marketing. I would be surprised if any Hibs fans take up this supposed deal.

marinello59
27-07-2016, 05:59 PM
This is a ridiculous away season ticket offer. No discount on tickets and forced to buy every away ticket. Really poor from Hibs marketing. I would be surprised if any Hibs fans take up this supposed deal.

You do know that Hibs make no money from this and discounts would cost our club money? The point is to guarantee tickets for away matches, nothing more.

StevieCowan
27-07-2016, 06:09 PM
Let's be honest here and say it how it is.

This new scheme has been introduced to get a very small number of vocal fans that complained that some of their members who travelled to away games might not, I use might not as there was never any evidence to suggest that they didn't get tickets, get tickets for away games.

I trust the said posters have now ensured that their members who "travelled to away games week in and week out" have signed up to this Season Ticket... ??

I'd guess that there will be less than 100 that sign up.

Meanwhile we've lost a genuine opportunity to have a very good loyalty points system

Eyrie
27-07-2016, 06:12 PM
You do know that Hibs make no money from this and discounts would cost our club money? The point is to guarantee tickets for away matches, nothing more.

Which makes it even more pointless for Hibs to introduce this, since the only people making any money from it will be the host teams who have a guaranteed ticket sale at the expense of whoever buys the away ticket.

The loyalty scheme needed fine tuning, not ditched in response to a few loud voices who didn't get pandered to. It should have been 225 points for an early bird season ticket, 210 points for a normal season ticket, 100 points for nine game half season or ten points for each home game attended, with five points for each away game. That would have given priority to season ticket holders, recognised those who pay at the gate regularly and ensured that Hibs were the ones getting the money.

StevieCowan
27-07-2016, 06:15 PM
Which makes it even more pointless for Hibs to introduce this, since the only people making any money from it will be the host teams who have a guaranteed ticket sale at the expense of whoever buys the away ticket.

The loyalty scheme needed fine tuning, not ditched in response to a few loud voices who didn't get pandered to. It should have been 225 points for an early bird season ticket, 210 points for a normal season ticket, 100 points for nine game half season or ten points for each home game attended, with five points for each away game. That would have given priority to season ticket holders, recognised those who pay at the gate regularly and ensured that Hibs were the ones getting the money.

Spot on.

And I my beef isn't the away ST but more the fact that the loyalty point system has been ditched in favour of this. The should've worked in tandem IMO.

Col_0762
27-07-2016, 06:48 PM
Was the whole point of the loyalty points scheme not originally to reward walk ups to Easter Road, so when it came to semi finals and finals, they were ahead of the general sale and therefore guaranteeing themselves a ticket? I don't see why season tickets holders need points. Your season ticket is purchased for entry to league games at Easter Road, it gave you priority or first dibs rather on away games that were an all ticket allocation.

All this has came from us playing the ****bos in the Scottish Cup final and non season ticket holders who pay to get into Easter Road on a regular basis saying, and quite rightly so, they should have some sort of priority over less regualr attendees or your Hampden daytripper. I've asked already, and so have a few others, but who are the people who have missed out on tickets for away games? When has anyone not been able to get a ticket for an away game they wanted to go to? All this nonsense about away games is creating problems for the club when there was never a problem in the first place. As I said, I'm sure this was originally thought up as a way of rewarding regular walk ups to Easter Road. At the end of the day, if you want to guarantee, or at least guarantee a chance of an away ticket for a derby etc, you need to buy a season ticket. There will never be a game where all season ticket holders (excluding cup finals) will want a ticket. Again, as I said earlier, we regularly never sold out allocations at Ibrox, Parkhead and even Tynie. There's no need for tickets anywhere else. Dumbarton was a public sale last year.

If they feel we need an away points scheme, this should be seperate to any scheme that rewards attendance at Easter Road. It should be one point per away game, Falkirk should have been a free for all for season ticket holders, the next game open to 1 pointers for so long, then a general sale. Keep working it this way for 10 games and then make it only the last ten games count. So when we play our 11th game away, the point for the Falkirk game would drop off. It keeps it clean and easy to work. That's the way Scotland does it for those of us who travel away and it works no problem. But as I said earlier, I honestly don't think we have a big enough away support for an away scheme.

Andy74
27-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Was the whole point of the loyalty points scheme not originally to reward walk ups to Easter Road, so when it came to semi finals and finals, they were ahead of the general sale and therefore guaranteeing themselves a ticket? I don't see why season tickets holders need points. Your season ticket is purchased for entry to league games at Easter Road, it gave you priority or first dibs rather on away games that were an all ticket allocation.

All this has came from us playing the ****bos in the Scottish Cup final and non season ticket holders who pay to get into Easter Road on a regular basis saying, and quite rightly so, they should have some sort of priority over less regualr attendees or your Hampden daytripper. I've asked already, and so have a few others, but who are the people who have missed out on tickets for away games? When has anyone not been able to get a ticket for an away game they wanted to go to? All this nonsense about away games is creating problems for the club when there was never a problem in the first place. As I said, I'm sure this was originally thought up as a way of rewarding regular walk ups to Easter Road. At the end of the day, if you want to guarantee, or at least guarantee a chance of an away ticket for a derby etc, you need to buy a season ticket. There will never be a game where all season ticket holders (excluding cup finals) will want a ticket. Again, as I said earlier, we regularly never sold out allocations at Ibrox, Parkhead and even Tynie. There's no need for tickets anywhere else. Dumbarton was a public sale last year.

If they feel we need an away points scheme, this should be seperate to any scheme that rewards attendance at Easter Road. It should be one point per away game, Falkirk should have been a free for all for season ticket holders, the next game open to 1 pointers for so long, then a general sale. Keep working it this way for 10 games and then make it only the last ten games count. So when we play our 11th game away, the point for the Falkirk game would drop off. It keeps it clean and easy to work. That's the way Scotland does it for those of us who travel away and it works no problem. But as I said earlier, I honestly don't think we have a big enough away support for an away scheme.

Yep. Agree on original intentions for the scheme. That's how I read what it was for.

When you started creating a level above season ticket holders the problems started with the scheme.

Col_0762
27-07-2016, 07:06 PM
Yep. Agree on original intentions for the scheme. That's how I read what it was for.

When you started creating a level above season ticket holders the problems started with the scheme.

Any idea why it was changed to incorporate away games? Seems strange when away games were never an issue and it's just created problems for the club. Why fix something that wasn't broken re away games. The issue was home games.

ancient hibee
27-07-2016, 08:38 PM
Don't think I'll go to an away game again.Just be surrounded by moaners and whingers:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2016, 08:48 PM
Let's be honest here and say it now it is.

This new scheme has been introduced to get a very small number of vocal fans that complained that some of their members who travelled to away games might not, I use might not as there was never any evidence to suggest that they didn't get tickets, get tickets for away games.

I trust the said posters have now ensured that their members who "travelled to away games week in and week out" have signed up to this Season Ticket... ??

I'd guess that there will be less than 100 that sign up.

Meanwhile we've lost a genuine opportunity to have a very good loyalty points system

LP system suited those that travelled to all or many away games though.......Not really understanding your point?

Skyegreen
27-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Not even the most loyal supporter can guarantee they'll manage to attend every single away game!

You really need your head read if you buy into this in my opinion!

27-07-2016, 09:46 PM
Spot on.

And I my beef isn't the away ST but more the fact that the loyalty point system has been ditched in favour of this. The should've worked in tandem IMO.

:top marks

The Loyalty Scheme as it was introduced had nothing wrong with it. It was the Club devaluing the offering via HSL that was the major complaint. It was a Loyalty Scheme about attendance at matches. An away season ticket could and probably should have been part of this.

Twice last season the Club had excellent opportunity to use the Points to organise the sale of Cup Final Tickets in an priority order. Instead they created the first day rush for tickets that saw some people queuing for hours or worst, being turned away and told to come back another day after making their trip to Easter Road. If they'd reduced the number by staggering the sale of tickets they would have reduced the queues and prevented the phone and online meltdown that ensued.

Other Clubs can do it but since HSL were allocated loyalty Points it was pretty clear the Club were just using it as an incentive for people to invest in HSL - which is not about attendance at matches. If they wanted to create something to encourage people to subscribe it should have been rewarded in some other way and not by high-jacking the Loyalty Scheme.

Also Football needs to be a customer focused business for the full supporter base not just a few hundred fans that attend every match. This is not a dig at those who regularly attend all away matches. An away season ticket inside a Loyalty Scheme would have seen those who attend most games ensuring they have first dibbs on tickets for the biggest of matches.

Eyrie
27-07-2016, 09:51 PM

When you have 10,300 season ticket holders then there needs to be a way to allocate limited tickets, whether that is 700 at Dumbarton or 3800 at the PBS. Loyalty points to reward those who attend the most games was the fair way to achieve that, not creating an uber-elite level of 350 fans and then leaving almost 10000 season ticket holders scrambling for the remaining tickets.

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2016, 09:59 PM
Not even the most loyal supporter can guarantee they'll manage to attend every single away game!

You really need your head read if you buy into this in my opinion!

I must be ready for the loony bin then:wink:

BoomtownHibees
27-07-2016, 10:00 PM

Me too

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2016, 10:02 PM
Me too

:aok:

StevieCowan
27-07-2016, 10:03 PM
LP system suited those that travelled to all or many away games though.......Not really understanding your point?

If that was the case who had the ear of the club for them to announce that it had failed and it should replaced with an "Away ST"?

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2016, 10:05 PM
If that was the case who had the ear of the club for them to announce that it had failed and it should replaced with a "Away ST"?

Still don't understand what you are trying to say?

Hibs themselves scrapped the Loyalty points system.

StevieCowan
27-07-2016, 10:05 PM
Still don't understand what you are trying to say?

Hibs themselves scrapped the Loyalty points system.

Based on what feedback?

greenlex
27-07-2016, 10:13 PM

This 100%

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2016, 10:15 PM
Based on what feedback?

They said there were too many complaints, and ticket office staff were receiving abuse, and was causing administrative issues

Andy74
27-07-2016, 10:19 PM
They said there were too many complaints, and ticket office staff were receiving abuse, and was causing administrative issues

Yep and not worth it when trying to solve a problem that wasn't there.

27-07-2016, 10:22 PM

Yup but I was told abuse (and I've no time for people that resort to abusing the Ticket Staff who're just doing their job) related to Cup Final tickets. The Club created the reason for complaints. All avoidable if they implemented the system as it was intended.

Baldy Foghorn
27-07-2016, 10:22 PM
Yep and not worth it when trying to solve a problem that wasn't there.

Yet we are now seeing people moaning that it has been scrapped?

Stantons Angel
27-07-2016, 10:50 PM
i liked the loyalty points scheme. I bought a season ticket and i was awarded points for this. Having the season ticket gave me preference for a ticket for every away game i went to. (I missed three last season!) I got my loyalty points for each game i bought a ticket for and attended. As simple as that!

The complaints i read on here about this and that in the loyalty scheme were sometimes so childish yet others caught on to the idea and it grew and grew.

It makes me wonder though that if the team had not been doing so well the last couple of seasons would there have been such a demand for away tickets? We are in a situation where we are playing at smaller grounds who are not used to such large supports following the visiting team. Hence the need to restrict the number who do travel.

There are very few supporters who do have 100% attendance records at games and its only right that they should continue to be able to get their tickets. Most of them do though also have season tickets for Easter Road which would guarantee them a ticket for away games.

So whatt was all the fuss about? Hibs just cant please them all, no matter what they do! Personally i think it was due to the giving of the extra points to those who joined the share scheme that upset the apple cart.

As i say i thought the Loyalty scheme was fair on the people who bought a season ticket and travelled to away games and were rewarded with the points for doing so.

Now that reward has been taken back and nothing is put in its place?

The away season ticket formula does not suit me so i wont be joining in the 350 who will benefit from the new scheme but have to take my chances with my season ticket privileges and hope for the best!

28-07-2016, 01:05 AM

Naaaa! They listened.........Introduced a Loyalty Scheme then mutated into something that didn't work. They created the flaws. Because of that criticism is justified.
When you do something unexpected for your customer it's being proactive.
When you do something in response to a customer its being reactive.

When you do something and don't take the customer with you ....sorry that's inexcusable and deserves criticism.

Carheenlea
28-07-2016, 08:48 AM
This is what we end up with after people sticking their oar in and disrupting what was a perfectly simple loyalty scheme with daft ideas about point allocation for non-attendance. Points for attending games both home and away, and a means of ensuring the regular attendees were given first opportunity to purchase tickets when supply limited. Thanks to those who muddied the waters, instead of a schemed that catered for thousands, we now have a scheme that just caters for a couple of hundred.

Andy74
28-07-2016, 08:55 AM
Yet we are now seeing people moaning that it has been scrapped?

They are yes. You liked it although probably with some tweaks but really, you didn't really need it either. Have you ever not got a ticket for a game?

You know more than most that we have a pretty fixed away support which varies by venue. Most folk don't like going to Ibrox for example but people love East End Park. Supply tends to accurately reflect the demand as far as I can see.

So I'm sure being front of the queue was nice but ultimately not needed. When you put it together with added admin, increased issues for groups and families etc it is probably right to ditch it.

Baldy Foghorn
28-07-2016, 11:12 AM
They are yes. You liked it although probably with some tweaks but really, you didn't really need it either. Have you ever not got a ticket for a game?

You know more than most that we have a pretty fixed away support which varies by venue. Most folk don't like going to Ibrox for example but people love East End Park. Supply tends to accurately reflect the demand as far as I can see.

So I'm sure being front of the queue was nice but ultimately not needed. When you put it together with added admin, increased issues for groups and families etc it is probably right to ditch it.

I liked it, yes, because it was my idea/suggestion going back to 2004. Took 10 years to be implemented only for it to be scrapped after constant criticism

allezsauzee
28-07-2016, 11:19 AM
I go to some away games but not all. I see no problem with the guys who follow Hibs to all the away games getting to guarantee their tickets. It's the least they deserve for their dedication to the cause.

Ringothedog
28-07-2016, 11:34 AM
I have no problem with the away season ticket,it ensures that supporters that go to all away games get a ticket, I know that I will miss a few away games so it will not suit me, but I am absolutely certain that I will get tickets for all away games that I wish to go to.

BoomtownHibees
28-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Only 40 sold as of this morning

GreenCastle
28-07-2016, 11:55 AM
I'm really not sure about this away season ticket and the way you pay for tickets for EVERY game before.

I would have had an away supporters club membership - maybe costing between £80-100 - money going direct to Hibs that gives priority for away tickets.

I would then sell to season ticket holders.

I liked the idea of loyalty points - not just rewarding purchasing of tickets - other areas like merchandise etc but not to be used for shares.

What I didn't like about the old system was the inconsistency - some guys loyalty points awarded - some not - it also meant the richer became more rich as there was limited ways to boost points apart from season tickets and shares.

I had a decent amount of points so it did help at times there were definitely flaws in the system but I feel this new away season ticket thing is nonsense and not value for money - plus money going to opposition clubs even if you can't make a game.

I do applaud the fans that buy them though as shows great dedication to supporting the club.

3pm
28-07-2016, 11:56 AM
One of my reasons for buying it was to make sure that I get a ticket when we get to the end of the season. I think we'll win the league and I didn't want to take a chance on missing out if the 'party' is away from home.

The last 4 away games are:

Dundee United
Dunfermline
Morton
Ayr

The game at Tannadice is 11 March so may be a bit early so should be plenty tickets. Dunfermline should be OK too.

The other 2? Not so sure.

Albanian Hibs
28-07-2016, 12:12 PM
One of my reasons for buying it was to make sure that I get a ticket when we get to the end of the season. I think we'll win the league and I didn't want to take a chance on missing out if the 'party' is away from home.

The last 4 away games are:

Dundee United
Dunfermline
Morton
Ayr

The game at Tannadice is 11 March so may be a bit early so should be plenty tickets. Dunfermline should be OK too.

The other 2? Not so sure.

Couple of thousand at Ayr and Morton. Will be no problem getting tickets.

Took me 5 minutes to get Falkirk tickets earlier, thought it would be a nightmare due to it being one of our biggest games and 1st game of season. I was wrong and glad I never went ahead with the away season ticket option.

Don't see the point of it.

Hermit Crab
29-07-2016, 03:33 PM
I signed up to this and received an email from hibs thanking me for doing so and someone will call me back shortly. That was over 24hrs ago :confused:

Hermit Crab
29-07-2016, 03:34 PM
Couple of thousand at Ayr and Morton. Will be no problem getting tickets.

Took me 5 minutes to get Falkirk tickets earlier, thought it would be a nightmare due to it being one of our biggest games and 1st game of season. I was wrong and glad I never went ahead with the away season ticket option.

Don't see the point of it.

Mind the scheme includes all cup matches.

Hermit Crab
31-07-2016, 01:30 AM
Got my away season ticket. Am I now part of the elite 350 über fans?

CapitalGreen
31-07-2016, 01:33 AM
Got my away season ticket. Am I now part of the elite 350 über fans?

No

Since90+2
31-07-2016, 07:24 AM
I liked it, yes, because it was my idea/suggestion going back to 2004. Took 10 years to be implemented only for it to be scrapped after constant criticism

How many games over those 10 years did you miss when you wanted a ticket but couldn't get one?

Itsnoteasy
31-07-2016, 07:40 AM
How many games over those 10 years did you miss when you wanted a ticket but couldn't get one?l

My guess is he hasn't missed any games in 10 years. Home/away or abroad & friendlies.

Carheenlea
31-07-2016, 08:01 AM
How many games over those 10 years did you miss when you wanted a ticket but couldn't get one?

That question has been aimed at many who endorsed a loyalty scheme, and it's not really the point. It was never about individuals looking out for themselves, it was to put a system into place that ensured a fair distribution of matchday tickets when short in supply.

ALF TUPPER
31-07-2016, 08:06 AM
This won't work for me. I can't commit to every away game. So no way am I guaranteeing coffers to other clubs when I can't go. Rather not bother and give my hard-earned to the Hibees instead.

It's Easter Road for me. ⚽️

.Sean.
31-07-2016, 08:09 AM
I think it's a great idea in principle and see no argument whatsoever to not implement it - those who take it up will already be making every away game I presume and if it makes things easier for them I'm all for that as its no more thatn their loyalty deserves.

Had it been introduced a couple years when I went to every away game of have definitely got on board with it, with my on-call weeks now I can't justify it as unless I can get covered I'll only make 2 out of every 3 away games.

lucky
31-07-2016, 08:45 AM
We still have a loyalty scheme, it's called season ticket membership. The points became divisive so the club scrapped them after talking to various supporter groups. A number of ST holders contacted the club and said the LP devalued their ST and would not be renewing. So LD made the decision to scrap it.

Eyrie
31-07-2016, 10:28 AM
We still have a loyalty scheme, it's called season ticket membership. The points became divisive so the club scrapped them after talking to various supporter groups. A number of ST holders contacted the club and said the LP devalued their ST and would not be renewing. So LD made the decision to scrap it.

A vocal number but still a very small number. I'd say at most it would be a few dozen complainers rather than several hundred out of seven thousand plus season tickets last year (ie under 1%).

I've already said on several occasions that the correct solution was to increase the loyalty points awarded for having a season ticket to ensure that offered the best option. For example -

It should have been 225 points for an early bird season ticket, 210 points for a normal season ticket, 100 points for nine game half season or ten points for each home game attended, with five points for each away game. That would have given priority to season ticket holders, recognised those who pay at the gate regularly and ensured that Hibs were the ones getting the money.

All I would add to that is to make the loyalty points cumulative over a rolling three year period, including the current season, so that it doesn't become too exclusive and anyone willing and able to make the effort can reach the top bands.

I'd also question your assumption that a season ticket is the same as a loyalty scheme. That automatically devalues those supporters who are unable to attend most home games due to other commitments, travel or finances. We're effectively placed in the same class as the day trippers who only take an interest when there is a cup semi or final to be attended and then have to compete with the day trippers if we want a ticket. At least the loyalty points system recognised that we support our team when able to.

Hibernia&Alba
31-07-2016, 12:26 PM
IMHO, it's a good scheme for the diehards who go to every game. It will be more convenient for them and ensure they always get a ticket. If I had the time and the cash, I'd get one. I do agree it could have been run in conjunction with the loyalty scheme, rather than as its replacement.

Finn2015
31-07-2016, 08:29 PM
We'll have to take it philosophically. If that's the right bloody spelling! Only 350 away season tickets so should be the case that there will be enough to go round for the vast majority of away games if not all. I'm going Falkirk next Saturday and plan to go a few aways but no chance will I make them all, perhaps about half this season so just have to get on with it

SunshineOnLeith
31-07-2016, 08:38 PM
That question has been aimed at many who endorsed a loyalty scheme, and it's not really the point. It was never about individuals looking out for themselves, it was to put a system into place that ensured a fair distribution of matchday tickets when short in supply.

It was entirely about individuals looking out for themselves. The very small number of people who go to every game wanting that status protected rather than having to queue or phone the ticket office early on ticket release day like us mere mortals.

Now they've got the option of protecting their status with an away season ticket, while the simple system of season ticket holders first, then everyone else is good enough for everyone else.

The loyalty points system was badly thought out, badly implemented, and addressed at a problem which didn't exist. Further, the points for HSL sign ups nonsense was probably the final nail in its coffin.

Andy74
31-07-2016, 09:32 PM

How do you assess the supply and demand unless you figure out if anyone misses out regularly? At this stage I've still not heard of anyone missing out on games they wanted to go to. That being the case the system wasn't really needed.

Scouse Hibee
31-07-2016, 09:55 PM
How do you assess the supply and demand unless you figure out if anyone misses out regularly? At this stage I've still not heard of anyone missing out on games they wanted to go to. That being the case the system wasn't really needed.

Andy you have consistently maintained your stance that the system wasn't needed and always raise the point of people not missing out on tickets as your justification. The loyalty point system was requested by many fans who wanted some recognition for their loyalty as walk ups and particularly at away games. The club listened and responded with a system that many fans liked and agreed with. The system however was altered to include HSL benefits and other quirks with tiers of priority attracted criticism from many. A loyalty system that rewards customers for their continued support is a great idea ss long as it is managed properly. The difficulty in football rather than retail is the tier that exists already with season ticket holders. To simply dismiss every time with the "not needed" argument is far too simplistic.

greenlex
31-07-2016, 09:57 PM
You clearly have some sort of agenda Andy. Fans wanted some sort of loyalty scheme to amongst other things reward walk up fans who for whatever reason could not commit to a season ticket. Missing out on an away ticket is neither here nor there but had we been really challenging for the title and the possibility of more fans than tickets at either some of the smaller venues or Ibrox had raised its head then the scheme in its original format would have worked reasonably well. It only became a nonsense when we started dishing out points for share issues IMO. Now fans now need to commit to taking tickets for every away game. I think that's wrong. Again for whatever reason fans might nit be able to commit to that. That in itself will probably lead to a smaller uptake on the away season ticket making it look like there was no issue to begin with. There was nothing wrong with the original scheme. Rewarded season ticket holders with the chance of away tickets should they wish and the more you went to away games the more you were almost guaranteed to get a ticket. Clean and simple system ballsed up by the powers at be.

Ronniekirk
31-07-2016, 10:13 PM
If we win our first two games How many fans will want to come through to Paisley for the St Mirren game
That game might give us an indication re whether fans who wanted to go couldn't get one
St Mirren of course may give us part of the other Stand but if results go our way this will be first test

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
31-07-2016, 10:20 PM
In England away season tickets are offered at Clubs who have large support but have limited opportunity of away tickets. United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds etc.

Never heard of such a scheme at a club the size of Hibs. Personally think this is ill thought out and a bit of a knee jerk reaction. As others have said, a slightly tweaked loyalty scheme would have done he trick IMO.

O'Rourke3
31-07-2016, 11:51 PM
I've already missed out on the first game of the season. Likely that even with LP and my circumstances on Thursday it would still have been the case but for those of us that are working at 10:00 on a Thursday we no longer seem to have the security of being able to get home/to ER and get a ticket. Please use me as someone who wants one but didn't get one when you are looking for the answer to those that do get them......

flash
01-08-2016, 05:57 AM
Don't see the fuss. If you go every week then get one.
If you don't go every week you will almost certainly still be able to attend just about any game you choose.

Finn2015
01-08-2016, 06:49 AM
Don't see the fuss. If you go every week then get one.
If you don't go every week you will almost certainly still be able to attend just about any game you choose.

Plus it's only 350, not a huge number by any means

Scouse Hibee
01-08-2016, 11:14 AM
But......................if you sign up for one now, you can't get a ticket for the Falkirk match :faf:

Blaster
01-08-2016, 11:16 AM
But......................if you sign up for one now, you can't get a ticket for the Falkirk match :faf:

How long did you expect hibs to hold back Falkirk tickets?

southern hibby
01-08-2016, 11:18 AM

Me too see you there BF. We can be room mates lol

GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
01-08-2016, 11:20 AM
How long did you expect hibs to hold back Falkirk tickets?

I didn't have any expectations at all.

Blaster
01-08-2016, 11:22 AM
I didn't have any expectations at all.

So what was so funny about it?

Finn2015
01-08-2016, 11:27 AM

When your scouse anything is funny 😳🤔

Scouse Hibee
01-08-2016, 11:28 AM

Really mate?

The whole thing about buying an away season ticket is that you are not allowed to opt out of any games, you must commit to every single one or you cannot purchase the ticket. Then boom you can't get a ticket for Falkirk :faf:

Scouse Hibee
01-08-2016, 11:29 AM
When your scouse anything is funny 😳🤔

:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2016, 11:34 AM

Whats that to you?:rolleyes:

CapitalGreen
01-08-2016, 11:35 AM
Really mate?

The whole thing about buying an away season ticket is that you are not allowed to opt out of any games, you must commit to every single one or you cannot purchase the ticket. Then boom you can't get a ticket for Falkirk :faf:

They wont be charged for the Falkirk game though will they.

southern hibby
01-08-2016, 11:35 AM
It was entirely about individuals looking out for themselves. The very small number of people who go to every game wanting that status protected rather than having to queue or phone the ticket office early on ticket release day like us mere mortals.

Now they've got the option of protecting their status with an away season ticket, while the simple system of season ticket holders first, then everyone else is good enough for everyone else.

The loyalty points system was badly thought out, badly implemented, and addressed at a problem which didn't exist. Further, the points for HSL sign ups nonsense was probably the final nail in its coffin.

Sorry, but I disagree. I go to every game and season ticket holders got points as did I. You also hot points for going to away games. ( I did get points to for HSL and will agree that was a farce).
However because certain folk don't go to every game but want to pick and choose we better stop the fans who get points for every game as maybe just maybe I'll not get a ticket when I want one.

I have not read one message on here ( though I could have missed them) by any fan not getting a ticket due to folk getting LP for going to any game THOUGH I've read numerous saying that they still managed to get tickets.

I thought it was well implemented well thought out until a few thought that they were being hard done to and wanted it scrapped.

But it's all about opinions

GGTTH

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2016, 11:36 AM
You clearly have some sort of agenda Andy. Fans wanted some sort of loyalty scheme to amongst other things reward walk up fans who for whatever reason could not commit to a season ticket. Missing out on an away ticket is neither here nor there but had we been really challenging for the title and the possibility of more fans than tickets at either some of the smaller venues or Ibrox had raised its head then the scheme in its original format would have worked reasonably well. It only became a nonsense when we started dishing out points for share issues IMO. Now fans now need to commit to taking tickets for every away game. I think that's wrong. Again for whatever reason fans might nit be able to commit to that. That in itself will probably lead to a smaller uptake on the away season ticket making it look like there was no issue to begin with. There was nothing wrong with the original scheme. Rewarded season ticket holders with the chance of away tickets should they wish and the more you went to away games the more you were almost guaranteed to get a ticket. Clean and simple system ballsed up by the powers at be.

Spot on. Some can't really get the head around what was a simple system and fair way to distribute tickets to those that bothered accumulating points

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2016, 11:38 AM

Utter drivel......

It was to reward loyalty

Andy74
01-08-2016, 11:40 AM
Spot on. Some can't really get the head around what was a simple system and fair way to distribute tickets to those that bothered accumulating points

By the same token some can't get their head round the fact it wasn't needed and caused more side issues than the non issue it was seeking to sort.

Blaster
01-08-2016, 11:46 AM
Really mate?

Fair enough mate, I just see it as common sense rather than funny

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2016, 11:47 AM
By the same token some can't get their head round the fact it wasn't needed and caused more side issues than the non issue it was seeking to sort.

Nah not buying that.....Are you saying someone who attended every game should potentially miss out to a "big game hunter"?

Kojock
01-08-2016, 11:58 AM
To me the loyalty scheme was simple, the more games you attended the more points you accrued so the better chance you had getting a ticket when numbers were limited. The HSL points were a massive own goal, but the loyalty scheme in principal should never been scrapped.

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2016, 12:01 PM
To me the loyalty scheme was simple, the more games you attended the more points you accrued so the better chance you had getting a ticket when numbers were limited. The HSL points were a massive own goal, but the loyalty scheme in principal should never been scrapped.

Indeed:aok:

bruno
01-08-2016, 12:12 PM

I really can't see how Hibs didn't make this work

Season tickets should be no guarantee to a ticket away at Dumbarton or Alloa or Tynecastle

Those that attend away games regularly accumulate the extra points and should get first dibs

We are 20 points for a season ticket or 1 point for every home game bought

Points awarded for all away games (that have tickets) varying between 2 and 5 generally with more points for the less glamorous (away Inverness midweek etc)

Tickets for sell out away games or cup finals(I wish) are then allocated on a sliding scale

It really isn't rocket science and if you go to most games home or away you have first chance, if you don't you have to wait til second wave. Still allows walk ups to accumulate but have to accept behind the queue of those that attend all games

jeffers
01-08-2016, 12:18 PM

Absolutely ! The trouble imho was the game away to them in the cup, some season ticket holders were unhappy because they missed out on tickets for that and felt they were entitled to one as much as someone who had been to every/the majority of away games.

This new away season ticket means that someone who goes to every away game is guaranteed a ticket (as it should be) but the loyalty scheme did that anyway. I cannot commit to every away game but intend going to most, but I'll now be competing with someone who only chooses to go to one all season. As usual the minority spoil it for others.

marinello59
01-08-2016, 12:22 PM

Season tickets should be no guarantee to a ticket away at Dumbarton or Alloa or Tynecastle

Those that attend away games regularly accumulate the extra points and should get first dibs

Points awarded for all away games (that have tickets) varying between 2 and 5 generally with more points for the less glamorous (away Inverness midweek etc)

Tickets for sell out away games or cup finals(I wish) are then allocated on a sliding scale

It really isn't rocket science and if you go to most games home or away you have first chance, if you don't you have to wait til second wave. Still allows walk ups to accumulate but have to accept behind the queue of those that attend all games

I agree, Season Tickets shouldn't guarantee you a ticket to ride games. What it should do though is give you a chance of a ticket though. Under the loyalty point scheme some of those showing the greatest loyalty by continuing to purchase up front, money that goes to OUR club, were locked out. Also those who only paid our own club money to attend matches were never going to make the top wave.
The scheme is gone, we've sold 10000 season tickets and I would be delighted if there is a ticket scramble for every away game, it would mean something is going right. If I miss out so be it. I'll live. The Away ST looks after the very small number who do go to every single game. It's all good really.

Smartie
01-08-2016, 12:24 PM

Sounds simple in theory.

Do Hearts still get a lot of grief about the way it is implemented?

I'm one of those who shrugs my shoulders and seems to accept that Hibs will get it in the neck whatever they do. The way you do it does seem to be the most sensible way though, and it is hard to argue with.

IMO ours ran aground when Hibs got greedy and started handing out points for things such as HSL membership. It amounted to little more than emotional blackmail and really started to introduce ill-feeling.

jeffers
01-08-2016, 12:28 PM
I agree, Season Tickets shouldn't guarantee you a ticket to ride games. What it should do though is give you a chance of a ticket though. Under the loyalty point scheme some of those showing the greatest loyalty by continuing to purchase up front, money that goes to OUR club, were locked out. Also those who only paid our own club money to attend matches were never going to make the top wave.
The scheme is gone, we've sold 10000 season tickets and I would be delighted if there is a ticket scramble for every away game, it would mean something is going right. If I miss out so be it. I'll live. The Away ST looks after the very small number who do go to every single game. It's all good really.

The bit in bold M59, why should it ? I buy a season ticket to ensure I have a seat for every home game and more importantly help the club out for the forthcoming season by paying them the money up front. If someone goes to all or at least the majority of away games surely that should give them preference when it comes to high demand games over someone who hasn't been to an away game all season ?

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2016, 12:31 PM

:top marks

Easy system, made complex by addition of HSL points

marinello59
01-08-2016, 12:34 PM
The bit in bold M59, why should it ? I buy a season ticket to ensure I have a seat for every home game and more importantly help the club out for the forthcoming season by paying them the money up front. If someone goes to all or at least the majority of away games surely that should give them preference when it comes to high demand games over someone who hasn't been to an away game all season ?

A season ticket has always given you a chance of away tickets, it's a way of rewarding those who commit to a large sum of money every season. That's the money that pays for the squad, not what we spend on away games. Anything that encourages that spend has to be a good thing.
Somebody going to all away games can guarantee themselves a ticket by getting the away season ticket, they are catered for.
I'm happy enough to take my chances against somebody who doesn't go to as many games as me. I haven't missed out on a game I really wanted to attend for as long as I can remember though.

Andy74
01-08-2016, 12:44 PM
Nah not buying that.....Are you saying someone who attended every game should potentially miss out to a "big game hunter"?

No but I'm saying that doesn't happen, so the fix isn't needed.

Guys like you and Billy too. I've bumped into you in many corners of the world. You guys deserve to be at any game you want. I don't dispute that.

If and when you start to miss out somehow then it needs looked at. As it was the scheme that went in caused more problems than it solved. The away ticket looks a good idea for you guys though who can commit to them all without the additional admin impact of the other scheme.

jeffers
01-08-2016, 12:48 PM
A season ticket has always given you a chance of away tickets, it's a way of rewarding those who commit to a large sum of money every season. That's the money that pays for the squad, not what we spend on away games. Anything that encourages that spend has to be a good thing.
Somebody going to all away games can guarantee themselves a ticket by getting the away season ticket, they are catered for.
I'm happy enough to take my chances against somebody who doesn't go to as many games as me. I haven't missed out on a game I really wanted to attend for as long as I can remember though.

And the points offered by being a season ticket holder were a reward, so I don't see how that failed. You say you haven't missed out on a game you wanted to, but had it not been for the fact I was off work when the Falkirk tickets went on sale I would have. If the loyalty scheme had been in place I would have been able to get a ticket when I'd finished work.

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2016, 12:53 PM
No but I'm saying that doesn't happen, so the fix isn't needed.

Guys like you and Billy too. I've bumped into you in many corners of the world. You guys deserve to be at any game you want. I don't dispute that.

If and when you start to miss out somehow then it needs looked at. As it was the scheme that went in caused more problems than it solved. The away ticket looks a good idea for you guys though who can commit to them all without the additional admin impact of the other scheme.

Fair do's:aok:

01-08-2016, 02:14 PM

Simple response to this quote........:top marks

Carheenlea
01-08-2016, 02:33 PM
During the time of the Loyalty Scheme away crowds were perhaps not as high as what we might have felt reasonable to expect, so as a result of that, it is fair to argue that very few missed out getting tickets for games they wanted.
This season though could/should see us as title favourites, and with larger home crowds, a high profile manager, a team at top of table playing enjoyable football, and with that, larger travelling crowds should be evident. Falkirk away for season opener an example of that, and an attendance-based loyalty scheme would be benifitial to ensure fair distribution.
The Away ST caters for those who go to every game, and quite rightly, they will be first to get their tickets away from home. To put in place a scheme that caters for only a couple of hundred to replace a scheme that catered for a couple of thousand has been a backwards step.

Eyrie
01-08-2016, 06:51 PM

I don't see why Hibs should prioritise anyone who goes to away games over those who have helped Hibs out by giving them money up front for a season ticket. Season tickets are the lifeblood of the club's finances, so these people deserve to be the priority.

I suspect that those who go to most or all of the away games would be season ticket holders anyway, so that means that they would be covered by the priority given to season ticket holders.

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2016, 07:05 PM
I don't see why Hibs should prioritise anyone who goes to away games over those who have helped Hibs out by giving them money up front for a season ticket. Season tickets are the lifeblood of the club's finances, so these people deserve to be the priority.

I suspect that those who go to most or all of the away games would be season ticket holders anyway, so that means that they would be covered by the priority given to season ticket holders.

10,000+ ST holder's now. You don't think those who travel most should get priority?

SunshineOnLeith
01-08-2016, 07:14 PM
Utter drivel......

It was to reward loyalty

Really? What "reward" did you get other than having a higher number of points than anyone else, and the warm fuzzy feeling that gave you?

Before the loyalty points system, people like you never missed out on tickets for games.

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2016, 07:15 PM
Really? What "reward" did you get other than having a higher number of points than anyone else, and the warm fuzzy feeling that gave you?

Before the loyalty points system, people like you never missed out on tickets for games.

"people like me"?

I'm out, can't be bothered arguing for sake of it......:aok:

SunshineOnLeith
01-08-2016, 07:17 PM
"people like me"?

I'm out, can't be bothered arguing for sake of it......:aok:

To clarify, I meant people like you i.e. people who go to every game. Thought that was pretty obvious.

Eyrie
01-08-2016, 07:21 PM
10,000+ ST holder's now. You don't think those who travel most should get priority?

Season tickets should always come first, but there then needs to be a way to reward those season ticket holders who travel most ahead of those who only take in the occasional away game. The new system doesn't do that, it only commits you to giving your money to other clubs (not a penny for Hibs) and if you don't have the away ticket then you have to take your chances with 10,000 other season ticket holders.

The loyalty scheme addressed that problem by giving points for a season ticket and for attending away games, so those who attended most away games took priority over those who attended very few or none.

I've already posted how the scheme should have been fine tuned -

It should have been 225 points for an early bird season ticket, 210 points for a normal season ticket, 100 points for nine game half season or ten points for each home game attended, with five points for each away game. That would have given priority to season ticket holders, recognised those who pay at the gate regularly and ensured that Hibs were the ones getting the money.

Baldy Foghorn
01-08-2016, 07:26 PM
Season tickets should always come first, but there then needs to be a way to reward those season ticket holders who travel most ahead of those who only take in the occasional away game. The new system doesn't do that, it only commits you to giving your money to other clubs (not a penny for Hibs) and if you don't have the away ticket then you have to take your chances with 10,000 other season ticket holders.

The loyalty scheme addressed that problem by giving points for a season ticket and for attending away games, so those who attended most away games took priority over those who attended very few or none.

I've already posted how the scheme should have been fine tuned -

Apologies, didn't read properly:aok:

Eyrie
01-08-2016, 07:32 PM
Apologies, didn't read properly:aok:

I posted that several pages ago, so it was easily missed.

Col_0762
01-08-2016, 07:37 PM

I get what you're saying, and I go every week, but the priority isn't needed:

Ayr - more than enough tickets
Dumbarton - two public sales last season, clearly enough
Dundee Utd - more than enough tickets
Dunfermline - more than enough tickets
Falkirk - first game of the season always draws a larger support but I would hazard a guess that everyone who normally goes will have a ticket, happy to be proved wrong though.
Morton - more than enough tickets
QOS - more than enough tickets
Raith - more than enough tickets, you can always get a ticket at pod over there.
St Mirren - more than enough tickets.

Once promoted, you know yourself all grounds are big enough to house our away support. Ibrox and Celtic Park are rarely sold out, Tynie is not even a given nowadays, that may go back to normal if our record against them keeps holding up like lately, but again, all who normally go will get a ticket. The vast majority of season ticket holders don't travel. There's a hardcore of 300-500 who go every week. That number swells depending on how the team are playing and people who fancy getting to a game if have the day off work and no family committments/other plans etc.

The original plan should have been stuck to, rewarding walk ups to ER and having them the step below ST's for ensuring Cup Final tickets etc and any other games where ST's don't sell out a ticket allocation, it would let them in ahead of the general sale.

The away season ticket is a great idea, if your travelling support is big enough that not everyone can get a ticket. That isn't a problem with us.

I know it gives piece of mind for certain people knowing their ticket is bought in advance and means not taking 15 mins out their day to buy a ticket, but that's the only reason I can see for it. Unless you're getting the best seats in the house as well, but it's almost always sit where you want anyway, due to there being that many spare seats.

Hermit Crab
01-08-2016, 07:55 PM

Falkirk - first game of the season always draws a larger support but I would hazard a guess that everyone who normally goes will have a ticket, happy to be proved wrong though.
Raith - more than enough tickets, you can always get a ticket at pod over there.

Once promoted, you know yourself all grounds are big enough to house our away support. Ibrox and Celtic Park are rarely sold out, Tynie is not even a given nowadays, that may go back to normal if our record against them keeps holding up like lately, but again, all who normally go will get a ticket. The vast majority of season ticket holders don't travel. There's a hardcore of 300-500 who go every week. That number swells depending on how the team are playing and people who fancy getting to a game if have the day off work and no family committments/other plans etc.

The original plan should have been stuck to, rewarding walk ups to ER and having them the step below ST's for ensuring Cup Final tickets etc and any other games where ST's don't sell out a ticket allocation, it would let them in ahead of the general sale.

The away season ticket is a great idea, if your travelling support is big enough that not everyone can get a ticket. That isn't a problem with us.

I know it gives piece of mind for certain people knowing their ticket is bought in advance and means not taking 15 mins out their day to buy a ticket, but that's the only reason I can see for it. Unless you're getting the best seats in the house as well, but it's almost always sit where you want anyway, due to there being that many spare seats.

You get less tickets at st mirren than you do at Falkirk.

Col_0762
01-08-2016, 07:59 PM

When has it sold out before? You buy through there from their hole in the wall.

CapitalGreen
01-08-2016, 08:38 PM

Distance is also a factor obviously

Finn2015
01-08-2016, 08:41 PM

Sensible post alert!!!! Agree 👍

jeffers
01-08-2016, 08:42 PM

Not disagreeing with a word of that. I'd made the point in a previous post that season ticket holders were (and rightly so) given loyalty points to take into consideration the fact they had paid up front. It was a given that those who had amassed the most loyalty points were season ticket holders anyway. My issue is that by scrapping the scheme you can have someone who goes to the majority of games but cannot commit to the away ticket missing out over someone who chooses to go to one away game all season.

jimmythefish
01-08-2016, 08:45 PM
Haven't read every post on the thread & this may already have been raised, few people saying don't think fans should worry cos they always get tickets for games one way or another & when was the last time you couldn't get a ticket, I don't care if it has never happened but the point is that it could happen it's a possibility , therefore the system is flawed & fans that go to most games but not all games are not being shown the same loyalty by the club that they show in their support of the team , think hibs have made a right mess o this , really cannot understand how anybody can argue with a loyalty system it's simple & most importantly fair

Col_0762
01-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Haven't read every post on the thread & this may already have been raised, few people saying don't think fans should worry cos they always get tickets for games one way or another & when was the last time you couldn't get a ticket, I don't care if it has never happened but the point is that it could happen it's a possibility , therefore the system is flawed & fans that go to most games but not all games are not being shown the same loyalty by the club that they show in their support of the team , think hibs have made a right mess o this , really cannot understand how anybody can argue with a loyalty system it's simple & most importantly fair

How do Hibs reward the lotalty of those who PATG away from home? As roughly 75%-80% of games will have a cash gate or ticket pod and no ticket will either be available through Hibs or indeed required. My opinion? I don't think they can and therefore all schemes regarding loyalty for away games will be flawed and will cause arguments and fall outs.

B.H.F.C
01-08-2016, 09:26 PM
How do Hibs reward the lotalty of those who PATG away from home? As roughly 75%-80% of games will have a cash gate or ticket pod and no ticket will either be available through Hibs or indeed required. My opinion? I don't think they can and therefore all schemes regarding loyalty for away games will be flawed and will cause arguments and fall outs.

Hibs sold tickets in advance of away fixtures for nearly every game last year. So it wasn't really flawed in that sense. If you wanted the loyalty points you just bought from them.

Col_0762
01-08-2016, 09:43 PM
Hibs sold tickets in advance of away fixtures for nearly every game last year. So it wasn't really flawed in that sense. If you wanted the loyalty points you just bought from them.

Yeah I know, but this season they won't be. I've said earlier in the thread that I believe any lotalty scheme needs to reward points only for attendance away from home. 1 point per game, cover only the previous 10 games and no one can go over 10 points. You stagger sales depending on size of allocation. Those who go every week will remain on 10 after the first ten games of the season. Those who go regularly will always be around the 6/7/8 mark. But we would really need every game to have tickets available for that to work.

But I also believe nothing was really needed before all this started two years ago. It always worked fine with Season Tickets having priority, then a public sale. Only in my opinion obviously but it's clear some don't think it did. I'm not really fussed either way, just fancied a wee debate, nowt on the telly lol.