PDA

View Full Version : New rule changes for this season

ShadesLongThrow
27-07-2016, 08:47 AM
This is a good summary of the rule changes in place for this season. The "Treating Injuries" one is long overdue IMO.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10512322/laws-of-the-game-changes-ahead-of-the-201617-premier-league-season

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-07-2016, 09:35 AM
Assuming this is happening throughout Europe and not just for when the "English Premier League kicks off on August 13th" as stated in the opening line? Suppose all that matters down there is the "greatest league in the world" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dan Sarf
27-07-2016, 10:09 AM
"CHANGE 8: Colour of undergarments The new rule states undershorts/tights must be the same colour as the main colour of the shorts or the lowest part of the shorts. This takes into account shorts with a different coloured hem. Undershirts must still be the same colour as the main colour of the shirt sleeve."
Could be a problem for The Rangers as the season progresses and it dawns on them they are not going to win the league. :greengrin

IanM
27-07-2016, 10:52 AM
Seen that from the quarter finals onwards of the FA cup teams will now be allowed to make a fourth sub in extra time

RyeSloan
27-07-2016, 10:54 AM
Seen that from the quarter finals onwards of the FA cup teams will now be allowed to make a fourth sub in extra time

I was thinking that would have been sensible during the Euros...why restrict to 3 subs in 90 mins then have no additional subs when an extra 30 mins is required.

Geo_1875
27-07-2016, 11:01 AM
I was thinking that would have been sensible during the Euros...why restrict to 3 subs in 90 mins then have no additional subs when an extra 30 mins is required.

I don't agree with that. Why treat extra time any different from the rest of the game? You could say that substitutions for injury should be treated differently from tactical substitutions. Use of substitutes is an integral part of the strategy of football.

WeeRussell
27-07-2016, 11:31 AM
I don't agree with that. Why treat extra time any different from the rest of the game? You could say that substitutions for injury should be treated differently from tactical substitutions. Use of substitutes is an integral part of the strategy of football.

I think that would prove very difficult to manage, given the amount of players willing to 'feign injury' even without any substitution rule. You might find there would end up being a lot of 'tactical injury substitutions' :agree:

Hibs Class
27-07-2016, 11:35 AM

It's just progress - subs haven't always been an integral part of football. In fact, IIRC we would have more than likely won the Scottish Cup in 1958 had subs been allowed, as we effectively lost a player to injury after about ten minutes but weren't able to replace him.

Geo_1875
27-07-2016, 11:41 AM
I think that would prove very difficult to manage, given the amount of players willing to 'feign injury' even without any substitution rule. You might find there would end up being a lot of 'tactical injury substitutions' :agree:

I agree but why do they fanny around with rules. They're only trying this in the FA cup from the quarter finals. Why not throughout the tournament?

Geo_1875
27-07-2016, 11:44 AM
It's just progress - subs haven't always been an integral part of football. In fact, IIRC we would have more than likely won the Scottish Cup in 1958 had subs been allowed, as we effectively lost a player to injury after about ten minutes but weren't able to replace him.

But is it progress? "Bigger" clubs can afford to have "better" players sit around on the bench. It will only apply in cups where ET can happen. It will guarantee less shocks like the Champions League and I hate that as well.

hibbysam
27-07-2016, 12:39 PM
The "Leaving the field of play for boot changes etc" will be better.

I don't know if anyone else noticed, but I found it hilarious during the Brondby match. The water bottles were situated all around the pitch and a player was down injured. The Brondby winger came across to the East stand, half way line and went to get a drink of water. The bottle was about 1 yard off the pitch, and when the player went to run back on, the linesman stopped him, and made him wait until the play was restarted and the referee alerted to let him back on. Very bizarre but extremely funny all the same.

worcesterhibby
27-07-2016, 01:30 PM
I still wish they would do something about defenders shepherding the ball over the goal line, by intentionally blocking attackers...how it's not deemed to be obstruction is beyond me.

snooky
27-07-2016, 01:34 PM
Non-OF fans must not encroach on the playing area.

Green Man
27-07-2016, 03:24 PM
I agree but why do they fanny around with rules. They're only trying this in the FA cup from the quarter finals. Why not throughout the tournament?

Quarter finals go straight to extra time this season, no replays. I'm guessing it's tied in with that.

danhibees1875
27-07-2016, 03:41 PM
I still wish they would do something about defenders shepherding the ball over the goal line, by intentionally blocking attackers...how it's not deemed to be obstruction is beyond me.

Agreed. Although, I'll admit to hypocritically enjoying seeing Darren McGregor do it when we're winning... :wink: