PDA

View Full Version : Callum Crane

Unseen work
26-07-2016, 08:54 PM
Without putting too much pressure on the lad, I think he will be a starter for us come the end of the season.

bags of talent, composure and confidence.

whether it be left back of left mid

Dashing Bob S
26-07-2016, 09:44 PM
Without putting too much pressure on the lad, I think he will be a starter for us come the end of the season.

bags of talent, composure and confidence.

whether it be left back of left mid

I think producing such a home grown star would give the club a big lift.

Hi Heid Yin
26-07-2016, 09:47 PM
As always, time will tell whether this latest development player actually makes the grade and become a regular first team starter.
Fingers crossed for the lad.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-07-2016, 09:57 PM
Great potential, really hope he fills it!

The Captain....
26-07-2016, 10:14 PM
I've not seen a lot of him but he had a lovely knack of looking like he had time on the ball on Sunday. Wasn't hurried and used the ball intelligently. All very encouraging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forza Fred
26-07-2016, 10:26 PM
I've only seen him via Hibs TV take part against Motherwell and Birmingham, and both times I defintely saw first team potential.

Wee Lewis is doing fine for me, but Calum is definitely putting in the kind of displays that should see him automatically fill in for Lewis in the event of injury or suspension.

His time will come.

G B Young
27-07-2016, 01:12 PM
I might be wrong but I seem to recall this lad was released by Hearts as a kid. Could be another Cummings in terms of coming back to haunt them.

hibs0666
27-07-2016, 01:17 PM
I might be wrong but I seem to recall this lad was released by Hearts as a kid. Could be another Cummings in terms of coming back to haunt them.

Nah, been with the Hibs academy for over 8 years.

G B Young
27-07-2016, 01:42 PM

Cheers, I must be thinking about another young guy. Conner Duthie possibly, although I think he's now left Hibs.

Brooster
27-07-2016, 02:16 PM
Best left back at the club.

Craig_HFC
27-07-2016, 02:17 PM

Steady on.

Brooster
27-07-2016, 02:20 PM
Steady on.

Pardon?

Billychaotic182
27-07-2016, 02:25 PM
We really need to be careful. Don't want to over hype our youth. Personally I thought booth was going to be amazing and look how turned out.

Craig_HFC
27-07-2016, 02:25 PM
Pardon?

The laddie hasn't even played a competitive first team game yet.

Brooster
27-07-2016, 03:04 PM
The laddie hasn't even played a competitive first team game yet.

Ahhh right.

NikGunnarsson
27-07-2016, 03:13 PM
As much as I love Lewy his time will one day come and it is great to have a home grown player who can take his place. Also it was clear Lewy was run to the ground with playing every min last season. A wee break mid season and a run of games for Crane would be good

Blaster
27-07-2016, 04:17 PM

Even now can't resist a pop at Stevenson. Poor stuff S

Blaster
27-07-2016, 04:21 PM

I remember you telling me deegan was the best midfielder at the club once.......😄

Bishop Hibee
27-07-2016, 04:23 PM
He looks a great prospect. I actually think Stevenson had looked good so far this season. Good that we have a youngster keeping him on his toes though.

NAE NOOKIE
27-07-2016, 04:25 PM
I doubt he will dislodge Lewis any time soon, but if what I saw on Sunday is anything to go by I would have no fears of him being back up, his big problem is that Lewis is our least injury prone player, so chances will be few & far between.

Big L
27-07-2016, 04:27 PM
Love Lewis Stevenson, great attitude, and he is an even better in midfield IMO.

Smartie
27-07-2016, 04:29 PM
We really need to be careful. Don't want to over hype our youth. Personally I thought booth was going to be amazing and look how turned out.

Booth turned out to be quite good.

Has played regularly and consistently well at a higher level than Hibs have been at for the past 2 years.

I accept that you probably had even higher expectations than this for the lad but imo he's done ok.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-07-2016, 04:50 PM
Love Lewis Stevenson, great attitude, and he is an even better in midfield IMO.

Wouldn't get a sniff in midfield ahead of who currently starts though.

CapitalGreen
27-07-2016, 04:52 PM

The same midfield that has seen Paul Hanlon finish the last 2 games playing there?

snooky
27-07-2016, 04:56 PM

Aye he's playing in a league above us - regularly. :cb

Dashing Bob S
27-07-2016, 04:58 PM
Can I be the first p-r-i-c-k to say "he'll be off to Parkhead/Ibrox next season"?

Big L
27-07-2016, 06:54 PM

The last time he played a full season in mid he was the fans player of the year, nuff said!

Billychaotic182
27-07-2016, 07:51 PM
Booth turned out to be quite good.

Has played regularly and consistently well at a higher level than Hibs have been at for the past 2 years.

I accept that you probably had even higher expectations than this for the lad but imo he's done ok.

When he first broke into the team and the way he played i honestly thought he would end up being sold for a few million and would be playing in the EPL now. So a much higher standard that Partick thistle! I also thought he would be scotlands left back. Really i thought he was Andy Robertson haha!!:greengrin

Billychaotic182
27-07-2016, 07:54 PM
Aye he's playing in a league above us - regularly. :cb

What i meant was he was over hyped (by myself included) and didn't live up to that hype. He ended up on loan to other clubs then let go. Yes he may now be playing at a higher level than us but that level is no where near where we thought he would be. As i have posted before, I genuinely thought he was going to be the be scotlands main left back and playing for a EPL team.

Franck Stanton
27-07-2016, 08:43 PM
From my limited knowledge of Crane, [only seen him a few times], thought he didn't look out of place, especially v Birmingham. [Yes I know it was only a friendly], Not advocating he be our first choice left back, however IF Lewis was injured/suspended/played elsewhere, then good to know we have him to cover. He is young and I am sure his turn will come sooner rather than later.

lucky
27-07-2016, 09:47 PM
Only seen him play once, he did well, but nowhere near taking over from double cup winner Stevenson. But a good back up but will need to bide his time to get into the first team.

greenlex
28-07-2016, 02:35 AM
Seen him a few times. He's the real deal.

Halifaxhibby
28-07-2016, 02:47 AM
Lewis has the heart of a green and white lion but even he knows his limitations. Just like big rob jones... play to your strengths!!!...i have slated him several times but the guys work rate is second to none....good to see someone coming through the ranks challenging him. Always healthy in any position...cannae believe wee louis has been a stalwart for 9-10 years now!!!.

HoboHarry
28-07-2016, 02:50 AM
He looks a great prospect. I actually think Stevenson had looked good so far this season. Good that we have a youngster keeping him on his toes though.
Maybe you didn't mean that way but the highlighted part of your post is about as disingenuous a statement as I imagine is possible about Lewis Stevenson. In any circumstances, wee Lewis' attitude is just fantastic and if there is a single Hibs player who is completely "self-motivated" to succeed, then Lewis is the best example you could find......

Dashing Bob S
28-07-2016, 03:51 AM
Crano grow to China for brig money. Open bar called Floor In Hand.

Brooster
28-07-2016, 05:54 AM
I remember you telling me deegan was the best midfielder at the club once.......😄

Ive seen Crane at least ten times which is enough to realise he has some attributes which Stevenson lacks. Its all about opinions. And I stand by what I said about Deegan.....until he broke his jaw he was playing as well as any midfielder at the club. My opinion of course which may well vary from others.

blackpoolhibs
28-07-2016, 06:02 AM
The lad looks like he has the lot, comfortable on the ball, can pick a pass and can actually go past a player with a little pace and ability.

I'm trying not to get too excited, i thought Booth was going to be the next David Murphy. :greengrin

I'm sure the lad will get his chance this season, will he take that chance, lets hope so? :pray::pray:

jackfreid
28-07-2016, 09:47 AM
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/callum-crane/profil/spieler/284875

4 Years, signed from AC Oxgangs in 2012

Jay
28-07-2016, 10:00 AM
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/callum-crane/profil/spieler/284875

4 Years, signed from AC Oxgangs in 2012

He was definitely with Hibs before that in some capacity. He was at high school with my son and he was with hibs then

Nameless
28-07-2016, 10:08 AM
the highlighted part of your post is about as disingenuous a statement as I imagine is possible about Lewis Stevenson. In any circumstances, wee Lewis' attitude is just fantastic

Any more disingenuous than referring to a grown man as "wee Lewis", I wonder?

I like Stevenson as a player, he doesn't court any media attention off the pitch, and always gives his all for the jersey. He is the definition of "a model pro".

I know nothing of Crane, not his ability, personality or propensity for front page shenanigans. Others feel he is a better player, so no doubt he will get his chance in due course, but if he never pulls on a green jersey for hibs, we still have a one club (double winner) with no small measure of skill and heart.

Deano Mourinho
29-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Do we think this guy will make the grade to first team thus season?

If so starting 11
3-5-2
Marciano GK
Gray RWB
Crane LWB
Forster CB
McGregor CB
Hanlon CB
Henderson CM
Mcginn CM
Mcgeogh CM
Holt CF