PDA

View Full Version : Hibs U17s At Super Cup NI (Milk Cup)

Mr White
26-07-2016, 08:51 PM
I took the wee man up the road towards Coleraine this afternoon to take in Hibs u17's playing Otago from New Zealand in Ballymoney. The young Hibs team got off to a good start in the tournament yesterday, beating Brazilian side Osasco 3 nil.

In miserable conditions of constant heavy rain throughout the game today Hibs showed composure and good organisation to win 4 nil with 2 goals in each half. Defender Ryan Porteous who played for the first team against Edinburgh City earlier this month (he's now going there on loan too) opened the scoring with a header from a corner. Jamie Gullan made it 2 just before halftime with a composed finish one on one with the keeper. After half time Fraser Murray scored the 3rd and 4th and in truth we could have had a few more as the Kiwi's tired and Hibs pushed on in the second half. Otagos keeper did well to keep a few efforts out.

The game was played at a hectic pace at times with the Otago players trying to make things difficult for hibs to play a passing game. Despite this and the awful conditions Hibs put some good moves together and a few players showed excellent first touches and control of the ball. Unfortunately I didn't see a team sheet or pay full attention when the teams were announced so I can't say who they were but I was particularly impressed by numbers 8 and 12 :greengrin

Tomorrow sees the final group game against Strikers from the USA and a win would give a good opportunity to progress to the top section of the semi finals. All in all a decent trip today and a very professional performance from the young Hibees.

Finally, hibs.net contributed towards the cost of this trip for the club which will be providing these young players with some great experience and hopefully helping their development. If anyone else fancies signing up for private membership, this is the kind of thing that the site helps to fund :hnet:17217

DaveF
26-07-2016, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the report. Hope it was a good day, despite the weather!

Hibee87
26-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Having no knowledge of the u17's it's good to hear we have what sounds like*a decent group of younsters who could be the next Cummings and mcginns etc in the next few years

Mr White
26-07-2016, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the report. Hope it was a good day, despite the weather!

It was good to see a hibs win without forking out for air-fares :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
26-07-2016, 09:07 PM
am i right in thinking a hibs team have won that milk cup tournament at least once in the past :dunno:

brog
26-07-2016, 09:11 PM
I took the wee man up the road towards Coleraine this afternoon to take in Hibs u17's playing Otago from New Zealand in Ballymoney. The young Hibs team got off to a good start in the tournament yesterday, beating Brazilian side Osasco 3 nil.

In miserable conditions of constant heavy rain throughout the game today Hibs showed composure and good organisation to win 4 nil with 2 goals in each half. Defender Ryan Porteous who played for the first team against Edinburgh City earlier this month (he's now going there on loan too) opened the scoring with a header from a corner. Jamie Gullan made it 2 just before halftime with a composed finish one on one with the keeper. After half time Fraser Murray scored the 3rd and 4th and in truth we could have had a few more as the Kiwi's tired and Hibs pushed on in the second half. Otagos keeper did well to keep a few efforts out.

The game was played at a hectic pace at times with the Otago players trying to make things difficult for hibs to play a passing game. Despite this and the awful conditions Hibs put some good moves together and a few players showed excellent first touches and control of the ball. Unfortunately I didn't see a team sheet or pay full attention when the teams were announced so I can't say who they were but I was particularly impressed by numbers 8 and 12 :greengrin

Tomorrow sees the final group game against Strikers from the USA and a win would give a good opportunity to progress to the top section of the semi finals. All in all a decent trip today and a very professional performance from the young Hibees.

Finally, hibs.net contributed towards the cost of this trip for the club which will be providing these young players with some great experience and hopefully helping their development. If anyone else fancies signing up for private membership, this is the kind of thing that the site helps to fund :hnet:17217

Thanks, really appreciated!

worcesterhibby
26-07-2016, 09:57 PM
nice report...go on lads bring back the cup !

Henderson to Deliveeeeerrrr !

Ronniekirk
26-07-2016, 10:14 PM
Seem to remember our youth teams doing well in this tournament in the past

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monktonharp
26-07-2016, 10:20 PM
I'm also sure our young teams have done well in the Milk Cup, and won it.

Bobo
26-07-2016, 10:30 PM
Brief highlights of the goals.

https://youtu.be/w5Q6zz8lBao

Mr White
27-07-2016, 06:14 AM
Brief highlights of the goals.

https://youtu.be/w5Q6zz8lBao

That's the goals from Mondays match v Osasco. Thanks for posting though, hopefully yesterday's will be up today.

Hibby Bairn
27-07-2016, 06:44 AM
http://supercupni.com/teams/hibernian.html

Squad and numbers.

I know a few of these lads and some are only 14/15.

Big L
27-07-2016, 08:00 AM
8 or 9 of the team that beat Birmingham at the W/E came thru our dev squad. The performances of lads like Crane and Martin show just how important the dev squads at all ages are to us.

Mr White
27-07-2016, 05:49 PM
2 nil today against Strikers. 3 wins out of 3, scoring 9 and conceding none. Go on the 17s! :thumbsup:

DaveF
27-07-2016, 05:51 PM
2 nil today against Strikers. 3 wins out of 3, scoring 9 and conceding none. Go on the 17s! :thumbsup:

Is it semi finals now?

Mr White
27-07-2016, 06:00 PM
Is it semi finals now?

Yes it seems that the best 4 teams go into the elite semis next 4 go into the silver etc so all teams get at least one more game, matched against opposition that performed similarly in the group stage. I'd be amazed if we don't go into the top set of semis.

Mr White
28-07-2016, 10:43 AM
Hibs play County Down at 7pm tonight in Port Stewart. The other semi is County Antrim v O'Higgins of Chile.

linlithgowhibbie
28-07-2016, 06:21 PM
Hibs play County Down at 7pm tonight in Port Stewart. The other semi is County Antrim v O'Higgins of Chile.

"O'Higgins of Chile!!!!!!!!" You have to be making that team name up!:wink::greengrin Surely

Mr White
28-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Surely

A few south american teams have such names, for example Douglas Haig who play in Argentina. Named after the founder of the club Bernardo O'Higgins apparently.

CropleyWasGod
28-07-2016, 06:31 PM
A few south american teams have such names, for example Douglas Haig who play in Argentina. Named after founders of the club I believe.

Crap at going forward, I believe. :cb

oneone73
28-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Crap at going forward, I believe. :cb

Team of donkeys.

Mr White
28-07-2016, 06:40 PM
Anyway, historical military figure jokes and odd named south american clubs aside... the young team are in action right now. I'm keeping an eye out for updates.

Bobo
28-07-2016, 07:37 PM
Anyway, historical military figure jokes and odd named south american clubs aside... the young team are in action right now. I'm keeping an eye out for updates.

It's currently 3-1 to Hibs with about 10 minutes to go :thumbsup:

Mr White
28-07-2016, 07:39 PM
It's currently 3-1 to Hibs with about 10 minutes to go :thumbsup:

Brilliant :flag:

Bobo
28-07-2016, 07:47 PM
Looks like the lads will play O'Higgins in the final. :aok:

http://supercupni.com/premier-section-fixtures-2016.html

Mr White
28-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Well done again to the u17s. Hopefully they can finish the job tomorrow night!

brog
28-07-2016, 08:32 PM
Excellent! Can't believe we conceded though! :wink: The lad Murray looks a player & good reports on Ryan Porteous also. Will be good experience for him at Edinburgh City.

ronaldo7
29-07-2016, 06:15 PM
The guys are getting ready for tonight's Final. 8pm Kick off.

Hibby Bairn
29-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Follow @supercupNI on twitter

RoxburghHibs
29-07-2016, 07:45 PM
https://www.facebook.com/supercupni/video

Live stream of the final (HT 0-0)

ronaldo7
29-07-2016, 08:23 PM
Hibs 1-0 down.

ronaldo7
29-07-2016, 08:38 PM
Now 2 down, and game over.

Bobo
29-07-2016, 08:40 PM
2 down now with about 20 mins to go.

There's a noticeable difference in physicality with the O'Higgins players taller and stronger, although they all turn into pussies and roll around the ground whenever one of the Hibs lads look at them.

Think a lot of the Hibs players are under age so they've done really well to have even reached the final.

Mr White
29-07-2016, 09:19 PM
Despite losing in the final, the young guys gave a good account of themselves at the tournament :flag:

MickeyEdwards
29-07-2016, 09:22 PM
Despite losing in the final, the young guys gave a good account of themselves at the tournament :flag:

Fantastic achievement by these talented you lads! :agree:

Hopefully, many will step on from here to much greater successes in their careers! :flag:

RoxburghHibs
29-07-2016, 09:40 PM
2 down now with about 20 mins to go.

There's a noticeable difference in physicality with the O'Higgins players taller and stronger, although they all turn into pussies and roll around the ground whenever one of the Hibs lads look at them.

Think a lot of the Hibs players are under age so they've done really well to have even reached the final.

Their 2nd goal was in injury time as Hibs pressed for a goal. Remember these games are 70mins in total :aok: