PDA

View Full Version : Letter to those on the pitch

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

FromTheCapital
26-07-2016, 12:44 PM
My wee cousin got a letter through today saying that his account had been put "on hold" until he had a meeting with Hibs.

Anyone else had this or know someone who has?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NAE NOOKIE
26-07-2016, 12:49 PM
My wee cousin got a letter through today saying that his account had been put "on hold" until he had a meeting with Hibs.

Anyone else had this or know someone who has?

I cant believe Hibs would be going to this length just for someone who was 'on the pitch' .... did he dig up any of the pitch or help dismantle the goals?

Dashing Bob S
26-07-2016, 12:51 PM
I wish I'd gone onto the pitch now.

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2016, 12:52 PM
I cant believe Hibs would be going to this length just for someone who was 'on the pitch' .... did he dig up any of the pitch or help dismantle the goals?

Nobody should have been on the pitch, it's illegal.......

staunchhibby
26-07-2016, 12:54 PM
How did they know he was on the pitch.

Smartie
26-07-2016, 12:55 PM
How do Hibs know that he was on the pitch?

There could be thousands of season tickets getting handed back if we're going to go in this direction.

Unless he/ she did something when he/ she was on the pitch?

Since90+2
26-07-2016, 12:55 PM
Nobody should have been on the pitch, it's illegal.......

So is entering the stadium whilst drunk...

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2016, 12:56 PM
So is entering the stadium whilst drunk...

Neither affects me, so I am OK.......

Since90+2
26-07-2016, 12:58 PM

Fair enough.

But your point was nobody should be on the pitch as it's illegal. It's also illegal to attempt to enter the ground whilst drunk, should Hibs be chasing the folk up who entered bevvied at the final?

FromTheCapital
26-07-2016, 01:00 PM

Nope.

He didn't do anything on the pitch which was 'bad'. He ran on once there was thousands on and he went to the penalty area, got a photo then ran back to the stand. He didn't participate in any violence or vandalism.

One of his pals put the photo of them on Facebook so that's probably how they were caught out.

Letter from Hibs this morning telling him to arrange a meeting.

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2016, 01:01 PM
Fair enough.

But your point was nobody should be on the pitch as it's illegal. It's also illegal to attend to enter the ground whilst drunk, should Hibs be chasing the folk up who entered bevvied at the final?

I don't think Hibs would be fined for folk being inebriated, but a pitch invasion is an entirely different ball game

cookin_on_gaz
26-07-2016, 01:01 PM
Fair enough.

But your point was nobody should be on the pitch as it's illegal. It's also illegal to attend to enter the ground whisky drunk, should Hibs be chasing the folk up who entered bevvied at the final?

Or what about all the Hibees pishing in the bushes outside Hampden? We could be looking at a lot of people committing criminal offences...

Gatecrasher
26-07-2016, 01:03 PM
Nope.

He didn't do anything on the pitch which was 'bad'. He ran on once there was thousands on and he went to the penalty area, got a photo then ran back to the stand. He didn't participate in any violence or vandalism.

One of his pals put the photo of them on Facebook so that's probably how they were caught out.

:worms:

Baldy Foghorn
Or what about all the Hibees pishing in the bushes outside Hampden? We could be looking at a lot of people committing criminal offences...

That would be offensive behaviour act on individual, nothing to do with Hibs, does anyone understand Law, or are we just all being facetious?

Since90+2
I don't think Hibs would be fined for folk being inebriated, but a pitch invasion is an entirely different ball game

Perhaps the pitch invasion only occurred because folk were allowed into the ground steaming? Would it have happened if everyone was sober?

The point is Hibs are setting a worrying precedent by going after folk who simply went onto the park.

FromTheCapital
26-07-2016, 01:05 PM
That would be offensive behaviour act on individual, nothing to do with Hibs, does anyone understand Law, or are we just all being facetious?

He told me he only went on cause everyone else was.

He's 16 and a great lad, never been in bother with police/Hibs in his life till now.

He's absolutely bricking it now in case he gets banned as he loves going watch Hibs home and away.

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2016, 01:05 PM
Perhaps the pitch invasion only occurred folk were allowed into the ground steaming? Would it have happened if everyone was sober?

The point is Hibs are setting a worrying precedent by going after folk who simply went onto the park.

At a meeting with CEO, she mentioned how frustrating it was to see so many enter field of play, as it is illegal, and has caused no end of hassle and grief that the Club could have done without.

andrew70
26-07-2016, 01:10 PM

He's 16 and a great lad, never been in bother with police/Hibs in his life till now.

He's absolutely bricking it now in case he gets banned as he loves going watch Hibs home and away.

He won't get banned, maybe they'll discuss why they feel he shouldn't have went on the park but it's a stupid, stupid move by Hibs and they are going to have to have several meetings in that case.

marinello59
26-07-2016, 01:13 PM
He won't get banned, maybe they'll discuss why they feel he shouldn't have went on the park but it's a stupid, stupid move by Hibs and they are going to have to have several meetings in that case.

I agree it's unlikely he will get banned. Hibs have to be seen to be taking this very seriously though, it could make all the difference between a suspended punishment and a severely painful fine.

FromTheCapital
26-07-2016, 01:14 PM

I couldn't believe it when he told me.

If he'd ran on and broke the goals or ripped up the park or went fighting I'd completely understand it but a meeting for running on and getting a photo is disgraceful imo.

I can honestly swear that if he gets banned then there will be 5 or 6 season tickets returned already...

lucky
26-07-2016, 01:14 PM

If he is only 16 he should take someone to represent him. I can't see him getting a ban as Hibs would have just written out banning him. I'd have thought LD would have better things to do that this.

Gatecrasher
26-07-2016, 01:15 PM

Pretty much the same scenario as me, pitch invasion already well underway, took a couple of pictures and went back to my seat within a couple of minutes. No priors or anything like that so it will be interesting to see if I come home to a letter. If hibs punish me it will probably be a slight telling off,anything more is just bollocks.

Andy74
At a meeting with CEO, she mentioned how frustrating it was to see so many enter field of play, as it is illegal, and has caused no end of hassle and grief that the Club could have done without.

This ended up a bit different to a pitch invasion though, didn't it?

We aren't talking about invasion during the game and for the most part we aren't talking about people evading security to run on the pitch.

The vast majority of the thousands of people on the pitch wandered on many minutes after the game to take in the occasion. There was no visible bother to most people at that point and I'm sure none of those going on had the benefit of hindsight to see that such a big deal would be made of it.

Is it illegal? Not sure at that point. Probably no more illegal than wandering down the middle of Leith walk with a carry out chasing a bus. It's about the context in which those people made the decision to go on.

If Hibs are wasting time tracking down people that were doing no more than walking on the pitch then they need to get a grip.

FromTheCapital
If he is only 16 he should take someone to represent him. I can't see him getting a ban as Hibs would have just written out banning him. I'd have thought LD would have better things to do that this.

I think his mum/dad was going to go along with him.

The E-mail was from Robert McGregor, Hibs' Football Safety Officer, not Leeann Dempster.

smithy_hibees
26-07-2016, 01:16 PM
If this is the route hibs are going down its laughable, when the club should be trying to get the fans back, seems we're also pushing them away with this.. Fighting I understand but this is crazy

Jones28
If this is the case then the club can go and do one, if I everyone who went on the pitch got called in to a meeting then they'll be holding them till Christmas.

FromTheCapital
Pretty much the same scenario as me, pitch invasion already well underway, took a couple of pictures and went back to my seat within a couple of minutes. No priors or anything like that so it will be interesting to see if I come home to a letter. If hibs punish me it will probably be a slight telling off,anything more is just bollocks.

Nail on the head mate. I reckon it'll just be a slap on the wrist but you'd imagine they'd have better things to do than pull up folk for stuff like this.

Simkin911
26-07-2016, 01:17 PM
This must surely be a wind up?

Maybe at each home match the programme could have 100 photos of those on the pitch - after a couple of seasons all may be identified. Then we'd wonder why we've only sold 5000 season tickets for the next again season.

FromTheCapital
26-07-2016, 01:18 PM

Maybe at each home match the programme could have 100 photos of those on the pitch - after a couple of seasons all may be identified. Then we'd wonder why we've only sold 5000 season tickets for the next again season.

Sadly not mate.

Hibs want to meet with him. I think it'll be a slap on the wrist but it's still a farce.

MyJo
26-07-2016, 01:19 PM
Perhaps the pitch invasion only occurred because folk were allowed into the ground steaming? Would it have happened if everyone was sober?

Or Hibs are covering thier own backs by getting in touch with those that can be identified to show they have been pro-active in dealing with those who did enter the pitch.

Chances are if the lad goes to Hibs and says, i went on the pitch to celebrate, took a photo and went back to the stand when asked he will be told he's a very naughty boy and not to do it again (nudge nudge wink wink) Hibs then turn round to the SFA and tell them its been dealt with and they haven't got a leg to stand on if they try and impose a fine on us.

ballengeich
26-07-2016, 01:21 PM
I hope he won't get more than a nominal ticking-off for this. I wasn't on the Hampden pitch, but was on a pitch a couple of years ago after a lower division play-off game. There was no trouble, just celebrating fans, so no action was ever taken against anyone.

Pitch invasions after playoffs have been quite routine in the lower leagues. I've seen club board members on the field.

Bostonhibby
26-07-2016, 01:22 PM
Sadly not mate.

Hibs want to meet with him. I think it'll be a slap on the wrist but it's still a farce.

Hope this is all it is. Self flagellation will play into the GFA and the rangers hands.

What are the rangers doing about their invasion which really just was about violence as the pictures show? Appreciate there's no point in people who can't write sending letters to people that can't read.

They might use the opportunity to root out the bell ends singing banned songs?

Smartie
Or Hibs are covering thier own backs by getting in touch with those that can be identified to show they have been pro-active in dealing with those who did enter the pitch.

Chances are if the lad goes to Hibs and says, i went on the pitch to celebrate, took a photo and went back to the stand when asked he will be told he's a very naughty boy and not to do it again (nudge nudge wink wink) Hibs then turn round to the SFA and tell them its been dealt with and they haven't got a leg to stand on if they try and impose a fine on us.

I think the bottom line here is that we don't know who is leaning on Hibs, and how hard in order to deal with this as strictly as possible.

I'd be amazed if Hibs were chasing 16 year olds who went onto the pitch in sheer jubilation to take a selfie, all off their own back.

andrew70
I couldn't believe it when he told me.

If he'd ran on and broke the goals or ripped up the park or went fighting I'd completely understand it but a meeting for running on and getting a photo is disgraceful imo.

I can honestly swear that if he gets banned then there will be 5 or 6 season tickets returned already...

Firstly it's a waste of their time and our time, it's also complete pandering to the Hun hordes we went on to the park to celebrate they came on to fight. Only in Scotland do you get castigated for celebrating but then again we did beat their favourite sons.

Go with him and tell them how pathetic it is.

The fact people are losing jobs/season tickets etc over all this is mind-blowing. Especially the guy who was charged with running at Wes Foderingham, not hitting him or anything like that but running at him.

Jesus we get abused worse than that everytime we go through to Ibrox and you don't see OUR club doing anything about that.

Time we stood up for our own IMO

Kojock
I reckon they will do it in batches of about 100 or so people. They will be issued with a piece of paper and a pencil and be required to write down 100 times. "I should never have ran onto the pitch and deeply regret any embarrassment caused to Hibernian Football Club". Only when finished will they be allowed back into ER.

TonyStokeprano
26-07-2016, 01:23 PM
Sadly not mate.

You sure it's not some of his mates at the wind up ?

lord bunberry
Tell him to say he went onto the pitch to protect the rangers players. He'll get a medal and a double page spread in the daily record.

MB62
Nope.

Tell them to Bolt, and if they put any ban or whatever on you, post it on here and I'll be right back up at the office returning my S.T.

This club has suffered 114 years of agonising pain and we have all suffered a lifetime of the same and if invading the pitch to celebrate after winning the Holy Grail is to punished, then fitba isnae a worth a hand job.
There are those who made a bee-line to the huns end and they need to be dealt with, but 99.9% of the Hibbies on the pitch were simply overcome with an unbelievable emotion of joy/relief and every other happiness that can come to mind.
My mates wee 4 year old laddie just took off and was on the pitch before we knew it, and obviously my mate had to go after him. If the club want to pull them up for that then they are not the people I have been giving them credit for.

FromTheCapital
26-07-2016, 01:25 PM

Nah mate, it's an official letter from Hibs. I'd put it on here but I'd rather not expose it right now.

JimBHibees
26-07-2016, 01:25 PM

That will be it exactly so the club can mitigate their position. Cant imagine there is anything to worry about if you have done nothing more than go on the pitch. Arrange the meeting and turn up and apologise saying shouldnt have been on the pitch but as Stubbsy said 'cant condone but can understand' and Rodders said 'not malicious 114 years of pent up emotion, only exuberance'. Maybe he can get an unofficial picture with the cup. :greengrin

Blaster
26-07-2016, 01:26 PM

That was my first thought too. Not difficult to make it look like an official letter

NAE NOOKIE
Nope.

If that's the case then I presume Hibs are sending out about 3,000 letters. This sounds barmy and well over the top to me .... why ask the kid to come to the stadium when a letter saying 'behave yersel in future' would have sufficed? Have we not got better things to do :dunno:

smithy_hibees
Firstly it's a waste of their time and our time, it's also complete pandering to the Hun hordes we went on to the park to celebrate they came on to fight. Only in Scotland do you get castigated for celebrating but then again we did beat their favourite sons.

The fact people are losing jobs/season tickets etc over all this is mind-blowing. Especially the guy who was charged with running at Wes Foderingham, not hitting him or anything like that but running at him.

Jesus we get abused worse than that everytime we go through to Ibrox and you don't see OUR club doing anything about that.

Great post forward this to hibs 💚

TonyStokeprano
26-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Nah mate, it's an official letter from Hibs. I'd put it on here but I'd rather not expose it right now.

Photoshop skills are insane these days, can't believe the club are wanting individual meetings with fans, it would waste so much time lol

JimBHibees
Tell him to say he went onto the pitch to protect the rangers players. He'll get a medal and a double page spread in the daily record.

:not worth :faf:

Since90+2
Feel pretty bad for the young lad. 16 year old he is probably bricking it.

Hibs need to have a word and put this in perspective. Sounds like they are dancing to the beat of James Jabba Traynor and the west coast media's drumbeat on this.

lord bunberry
26-07-2016, 01:30 PM
Tell them to Bolt, and if they put any ban or whatever on you, post it on here and I'll be right back up at the office returning my S.T.

This club has suffered 114 years of agonising pain and we have all suffered a lifetime of the same and if invading the pitch to celebrate after winning the Holy Grail is to punished, then fitba isnae a worth a hand job.
There are those who made a bee-line to the huns end and they need to be dealt with, but 99.9% of the Hibbies on the pitch were simply overcome with an unbelievable emotion of joy/relief and every other happiness that can come to mind.
My mates wee 4 year old laddie just took off and was on the pitch before we knew it, and obviously my mate had to go after him. If the club want to pull them up for that then they are not the people I have been giving them credit for.
:top marksEnough is enough now. What if the police insist that hibs give them the names of the people who have been sent letters? It's bad enough that the Huns and their cohorts in the media have tried to demonise us without our own club doing the same. This is a step to far imo and as you say he should tell them to bolt. The new season is almost upon us and the club don't need to be stirring things up at this stage.

andrew70
26-07-2016, 01:30 PM

:not worth hahaha so funny but worryingly pretty accurate.

Yeah can't disagree with any of that.

BSEJVT
26-07-2016, 01:32 PM
Or Hibs are covering their own backs by getting in touch with those that can be identified to show they have been pro-active in dealing with those who did enter the pitch.

:agree:

This is exactly what Hibs are doing and why

Do you really think the club have nothing better to do.

This will also be costing the club an absolute fortune, money they could and would have liked to have spent elsewhere.

I know why it happened, but maybe now those that did it can now see that their actions have and continue to harm the club, albeit for most involved unwittingly.

Kojock
26-07-2016, 01:32 PM

The E-mail was from Robert McGregor, Hibs' Football Safety Officer, not Leeann Dempster.

Robbie McGregor, is employed by Hibs as Football Safety Officer

FromTheCapital
26-07-2016, 01:33 PM
There you go folks http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160726/e794ab11afad769fd78c63f7d8012e9e.jpg

hibbysam
26-07-2016, 01:33 PM
Am I correct in saying the findings from the independent review are due out at the end of this week?

Quite looking forward to seeing what comes out of it.

As for this letter, what a complete waste of time and money. I would hope it was nothing more than his friends taking the proverbial Michael.

The Green Goblin
26-07-2016, 01:34 PM
If it is real, then it can't possibly be the only letter that has been sent out.

Has anyone else received a similar letter?

Bostonhibby
26-07-2016, 01:36 PM

As one of a number who were spat on by a sub human supporter of the now defunct Glasgow rangers at ibrox i agree with all of this.

You get a feel for why we should look after our own from when we reported it to a sneering cop who asked what we expected if we come to ibrox.

CropleyWasGod
26-07-2016, 01:37 PM
There you go folks http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160726/e794ab11afad769fd78c63f7d8012e9e.jpg

Pretty shoddy grammar, if it is genuine.

Andy74
26-07-2016, 01:38 PM
:agree:

This is exactly what Hibs are doing and why

Do you really think the club have nothing better to do.

This will also be costing the club an absolute fortune, money they could and would have liked to have spent elsewhere.

I know why it happened, but maybe now those that did it can now see that their actions have and continue to harm the club, albeit for most involved unwittingly.
I'd rather they told any inquiry or body that they have taken action against individuals involved in violence or damage and that they have given a general message to all others, which they have done.

Preferable to take a rap for not going far enough if that's what's coming than this sort of pathetic action.

FromTheCapital

I promise you it is genuine mate.

The Green Goblin

Okay...I don't believe that is genuine. In "early course"??? Wtf does that mean? The paper doesn't look officially/properly letter-headed. Much of the text sounds like it comes from the past official club communications and statements on the matter. Plus, it doesn't say they have evidence, they have "information" which INFERS...Also, it's just you saying you got one, and there were thousands on the pitch. Fake, IMHO. Total bs.

Can you log on to the database to check his account status? Or call the person who sent it to ask them to confirm they sent it?

Geo_1875

Or maybe they could just call up the fudknockers who commit an illegal act that gets Hibs in deep **** then publish the proof on a public social media site.

They should get a slap on the wrists and free entry to next years Darwin Awards.

The_Horde
26-07-2016, 01:39 PM
Tell hibs to shove it if it's real. Don't let them quiz him at all unless the police get involved. Until then, his accounts on hold but it's not said anywhere that he's banned from games or under arrest.

calumhibee1
26-07-2016, 01:39 PM

I was just about to say that. Surely official letters aren't being sent out like that?

FromTheCapital
26-07-2016, 01:40 PM
Okay...I don't believe that is genuine. In "early course"??? Wtf does that mean? The paper doesn't look officially/properly letter-headed. Much of the text sounds like it comes from the past official club communications and statements on the matter. Plus, it doesn't say they have evidence. Also, it's just you saying you got one, and there were thousands on the pitch. Fake, IMHO.

Can you log on to the database to check his account status?

I wish it wasn't real mate but it is!

I asked him if it was a prank but he said it's definitely not, he e-mailed Hibs and they confirmed that he should email Robert McGregor to arrange a meeting.

lord bunberry
26-07-2016, 01:40 PM
I bet it was Lee Wallace that grassed him up.

easty
26-07-2016, 01:41 PM
That was my first thought too. Not difficult to make it look like an official letter

Years and years ago, Hearts beat Celtc with Quitongo scoring a late winner, a load of their fans ran on the pitch. My wee bro was one of them, seen him on the telly. My mate and I drafted up a letter from Hearts, looked very official, and sent it to my brother, telling him he'd been identified on CCTV, and his season ticket has been withdrawn and he was no longer welcome at the PBS.

It was hilarious. He was greeting his wee face off for hours.

easty
I bet it was Lee Wallace that grassed him up.

nap

green&left
Wonder if all the Ayr United fans who ran on the pitch after their play-off final will receive same letters from their club?

Lotta s41te. Small club wins a Scottish Cup tie or FA cup tie and its "romance of the cup". Larger team does it and its a disgrace scene we should not be seeing.

GIRFUY huns, spfl, sfa, police scotland etc :giruy2:

Seen nout on facebook or twitter with any others getting anything similar so could be a windup anyway.

The_Horde
26-07-2016, 01:46 PM
I was just about to say that. Surely official letters aren't being sent out like that?

Someone should write to him and tell him the grammar police are after him and that his letter writing priveleges are now 'on hold'.

Ergye
26-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Years and years ago, Hearts beat Celtc with Quitongo scoring a late winner, a load of their fans ran on the pitch. My wee bro was one of them, seen him on the telly. My mate and I drafted up a letter from Hearts, looked very official, and sent it to my brother, telling him he'd been identified on CCTV, and his season ticket has been withdrawn and he was no longer welcome at the PBS.

It was hilarious. He was greeting his wee face off for hours.

:faf:

Hibbyradge
26-07-2016, 01:47 PM
I agree it's unlikely he will get banned. Hibs have to be seen to be taking this very seriously though, it could make all the difference between a suspended punishment and a severely painful fine.

Exactly. No one will be banned for merely being on the litch, but if Hibs can demonstrate that they've taken every possible step to avoid a repeat, including speaking to individuals sirectly, then they'll have a strong argument that any penalty should be minimised.

It's a good strategy.

Well done Hibs.

FromTheCapital
26-07-2016, 01:49 PM
Exactly. No one will be banned for merely being on the litch, but if Hibs can demonstrate that they've taken every possible step to avoid a repeat, including speaking to individuals sirectly, then they'll have a strong argument that any penalty should be minimised.

It's a good strategy.

Well done Hibs.

A 16 year old laddie though? Better targets surely...

Geo_1875
26-07-2016, 01:51 PM

They can only target people who can be identified. If you want to rip into someone blame the fud who posted a picture and named the guy on Facebook.

Kojock
26-07-2016, 01:52 PM
IMO it's a wind up, for the reasons previously stated. Also there would be more people on here saying they had the etter.

MWHIBBIES
26-07-2016, 01:52 PM
Hibs are quite right. What use are all the season tickets if we get fined all the extra money we make? If you were on the park you broke the law and let the club down, you can deal with the consequences

Andy74
26-07-2016, 01:53 PM

It's a good strategy.

Well done Hibs.

How much time, effort and cost involved for everyone though, to maybe minimise a fine? We weren't responsible for security. If this is real it's a huge misjudgement.

CallumLaidlaw
26-07-2016, 01:54 PM
IMO it's a wind up, for the reasons previously stated. Also there would be more people on here saying they had the etter.

The guy has said Hibs have confirmed its genuine.

Newcastlehibby
26-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Okay...I don't believe that is genuine. In "early course"??? Wtf does that mean? The paper doesn't look officially/properly letter-headed. Much of the text sounds like it comes from the past official club communications and statements on the matter. Plus, it doesn't say they have evidence, they have "information" which INFERS...Also, it's just you saying you got one, and there were thousands on the pitch. Fake, IMHO. Total bs.

Can you log on to the database to check his account status? Or call the person who sent it to ask them to confirm they sent it?
If it is genuine, it is appallingly badly constructed. Both the English and the grammar are dreadful.
I would just ring the club to find out.

BroxburnHibee
26-07-2016, 01:55 PM
Is this genuine?

Can Amit or Frank confirm?

green&left
26-07-2016, 01:56 PM

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

CallumLaidlaw
26-07-2016, 01:58 PM
How much time, effort and cost involved for everyone though, to maybe minimise a fine? We weren't responsible for security. If this is real it's a huge misjudgement.

Is it though? Surely Hibs are taking their advice from Legal experts and security experts? What will the independant review look at? can we tick the boxes to say we've addressed it? If writing out to a hundred or so fans (as I can't imagine they'll be able match much more than that) and inviting them in for a quick 5 minute meeting for a slap on the wrists ticks a box and helps clear us of anything, then I don't have a problem with it.

hibs0666
26-07-2016, 01:58 PM
I wish it wasn't real mate but it is!

I asked him if it was a prank but he said it's definitely not, he e-mailed Hibs and they confirmed that he should email Robert McGregor to arrange a meeting.

I would advise your cousin not to discuss this matter with the club as the club could pass on information to the police for further action. As someone else sais, if he feels the need to fess up, he could say that he had to enter the field of play for safety reasons.

My_Wife_Camille
26-07-2016, 01:59 PM
I'll believe it's real if at least one more person receives one

sadtom
26-07-2016, 02:00 PM
If this is legit then the Hibs board need to seriously wind their f***in' necks in. A disgrace. Who the f*** do they think they are!? If its illegal its a matter for the cops...unless of course they think clubs should have strict liability placed on them?...yeah, thought not.
The idea that they are snooping about facebook posts is extremely alarming. Again, WHO THE F*** DO THEY THINK THEY ARE?!
Much like the lad involved, myself and my kids wandered on to the park at the tail end of the 'invasion'. The steward actually held the gate open for us.
Did a bit of hugging/backslapping with big smiles on our faces, went and stood at the spot where David Gray did the biz and stood staring at the goals (or what was left of them) for a min or two, kissed my hand, and patted the spot on the ground from where the curse was broken then wandered off. We were half way home on the bus before we knew there had been any soapy bubble.
If i receive a letter from Hibs asking me to attend a meeting they will be told to F*** RIGHT OFF! And 4 season tickets will be returned shredded in the post.
I renewed all 4 tickets despite knowing that we will miss probably 90% of games this season as my boys move to playing Saturday afternoon football. I did it 3 months ago cause i wanted to show my support to the chief exec and to the then manager. If Hibs feel they can do without supporters like me then so-be-it.
The club are moving down a very slippy road if they continue with this little hitler $h1te. Look forward to letter about littering, swearing, spitting in the stadium next.

Andy74
26-07-2016, 02:01 PM
If this is legit then the Hibs board need to seriously wind their f***in' necks in. A disgrace. Who the f*** do they think they are!? If its illegal its a matter for the cops...unless of course they think clubs should have strict liability placed on them?...yeah, thought not.
The idea that they are snooping about facebook posts is extremely alarming. Again, WHO THE F*** DO THEY THINK THEY ARE?!
Much like the lad involved, myself and my kids wandered on to the park at the tail end of the 'invasion'. The steward actually held the gate open for us.
Did a bit of hugging/backslapping with big smiles on our faces, went and stood at the spot where David Gray did the biz and stood staring at the goals (or what was left of them) for a min or two, kissed my hand, and patted the spot on the ground from where the curse was broken then wandered off. We were half way home on the bus before we knew there had been any soapy bubble.
If i receive a letter from Hibs asking me to attend a meeting they will be told to F*** RIGHT OFF! And 4 season tickets will be returned shredded in the post.
I renewed all 4 tickets despite knowing that we will miss probably 90% of games this season as my boys move to playing Saturday afternoon football. I did it 3 months ago cause i wanted to show my support to the chief exec and to the then manager. If Hibs feel they can do without supporters like me then so-be-it.
The club are moving down a very slippy road if they continue with this little hitler $h1te. Look forward to letter about littering, swearing, spitting in the stadium next.

Yep. If it's genuine then this sums it up for me.

MB62
26-07-2016, 02:02 PM

Especially as there is such a 'Feel good factor' about the club right now BECAUSE WE WON THE SCOTTISH CUP.
They ask us to buy 10,000 season tickets, which we do BECAUSE WE WON THE SCOTTISH CUP, then they write to us to ask us to appear in front of them because we were on the pitch WHEN WE WON THE SCOTTISH CUP.

Talk about shooting ourselves in the foot

IF this is genuine, but I have my doubts, even Hibs couldn't be THAT stupid.

CapitalGreen
26-07-2016, 02:02 PM
Is this genuine?

I'd also like the board members elected by us fans to confirm if this is genuine.

Hibbyradge
26-07-2016, 02:07 PM

I'm sure they'll speak to everyone they identify.

Why not 16 year olds?

Otherwise, they won't be able to say that they've done everything they could to avoid a recurrance.

The Captain....
26-07-2016, 02:07 PM
Seems very strange that nobody else has received anything. You'd think these would be getting sent out in batches rather than ad-hoc if it was genuine.

If genuine, I'm pretty sure Hibs aren't doing this without having had a wee steer from someone in authority at the SFA. IMO they;re trying to limit any fallout and minimise fines by demonstrating they've taken reasonable steps to deal with the situation.

I can totally understand the frustration of some tho, on the face of it, there is a feeling that Hibs are being pretty draconian while the huns do nothing at all to deal with the animals and **** that follow them.

Velma Dinkley
26-07-2016, 02:08 PM
A lot of people seem to have real difficulties in taking responsibility for their own actions.

Killiehibbie
26-07-2016, 02:09 PM
How many pitch invasions by cup, league, play off winning supporters every season? How many bad losers attack celebrating supporters? If Hibs sent me a letter for being on the pitch i'd have one thing to say to them.

.Sean.
26-07-2016, 02:10 PM

Spot on

FromTheCapital
26-07-2016, 02:10 PM
A lot of people seem to have real difficulties in taking responsibility for their own actions.

Yawn.

If he had went on scrapping or being an arse then I'd say he deserved it.

He went onto the pitch and took a photo. Wow huge deal.

If it's a slap on the wrists then I won't be bothered. Any further than that then the club can do one.

silverhibee
26-07-2016, 02:11 PM

When was the last time a club was fined for fans coming on to the pitch, will Kilmarnock be fined for coming on to the pitch at the play offs at the end of the season, how much were Motherwell fined for there pitch invasion last year, how many times have the yams been punished by the people who run our game for fans entering the pitch and attacking players/managers, why all of a sudden are Hibs going to get hammered for fans entering the pitch.

GreenCastle
26-07-2016, 02:14 PM
This is a farce.

First I would see it letter is real or a mate or Sevco fan sending you it.

2nd - as others have said the police and stewards were actively letting people on the pitch to avoid crushing!

They haven't got a leg to stand on!

2 ways you would be in trouble..violence or vandalism of property.

Hibs90
26-07-2016, 02:19 PM
Not one mention of anyone else getting letters on here or any social media seems very strange to me. Especially if you look at the date on it you would assume others have had letters by now. Very strange.

.Sean.
Has anyone else had one?

Cabbage East
Doubt this is genuine. Stewards were actively opening gates to let folk on the pitch to avoid crushing. There were thousands of folk on at one point. Hibs must have lots of 'meetings' lined up and plenty resource to deal with them. Can't see it.

FromTheCapital
26-07-2016, 02:22 PM
To my understanding, it's real.

He E-mailed Hibernian for confirmation and was given Robert McGregor's e-mail.

He's emailed him to see what this is all about.

Currently awaiting reply.

Andy74
26-07-2016, 02:23 PM
I'm sure they'll speak to everyone they identify.

Why not 16 year olds?

Otherwise, they won't be able to say that they've done everything they could to avoid a recurrance.

Sorry but that's massive overkill and I'm sure you know that. Football clubs talking to thousands individually to tick off that they have taken all action. No danger.

If that's the route Hibs have gone then it's very badly thought through.

TamHibs
26-07-2016, 02:23 PM

That, to me anyway, would indicate that the person dealing with that email wasn't aware of such communication being sent out but would have advised to contact Robbie directly to confirm.

I think it'll come back that no such letter was sent by the club, i have been known to be wrong in the past though :greengrin

silverhibee
26-07-2016, 02:24 PM

How are Hibs able to pick people out who are on the pitch, where do they get the names from.

WHAM
26-07-2016, 02:25 PM

Robert McGregor probably won't have a clue what he's on about.

I think this is a wind up.

FromTheCapital
How are Hibs able to pick people out who are on the pitch, where do they get the names from.

It seems as though they've been snooping around on social media.

Geo_1875
Sorry but that's massive overkill and I'm sure you know that. Football clubs talking to thousands individually to tick off that they have taken all action. No danger.

But they won't be talking to thousands. Probably be talking to the dozen or so fudknockers who identified themselves on social media.

pacoluna
This is genuine and for any inquiries relating to the issue supporters are to send an email to RMcGregor@Hibernianfc.co.uk

Weststandwanab
26-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Nope.

How daft do you have to be to put on Face Choob a pic of somebody on the pitch ?

About as daft as that idiot on the bar tweeting a picture of doing just that !

Indeed he should take a responsible adult, doubt LD will be anywhere near this if it is genuine.

Mr. McGregor is a very fair chap and ex senior Police Officer.

Is this genuine?

Just phone and ask Mr. McGregor.

Keith_M
26-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Sounds like a fairly elaborate hoax to me.

pacoluna
26-07-2016, 02:27 PM
It's not

Kojock
26-07-2016, 02:28 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Who p1ssed on your chips ? All I was saying that other posters on here would have had a similar letter.

Craig_HFC
26-07-2016, 02:28 PM

Yep.

Perfectly executed as well, to be fair.

Smartie
26-07-2016, 02:30 PM
But they won't be talking to thousands. Probably be talking to the dozen or so fudknockers who identified themselves on social media.

A dozen or so?

There are hundreds of pictures doing the rounds on social media of people on the pitch generally having a good time.

I know you're not meant to go on the pitch but can anyone remember what it felt like at the time? There was no suggestion of a riot, no intention (as far as I could tell) to do any harm or any damage.

This has been manipulated, twisted and driven by Sevco, and Hibs can either continue to bend over and take it or fight back. I know what I'd rather they did.

This is ridiculous.

Velma Dinkley
26-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Yawn.

If he had went on scrapping or being an arse then I'd say he deserved it.

He went onto the pitch and took a photo. Wow huge deal.

If it's a slap on the wrists then I won't be bothered. Any further than that then the club can do one.

and this proves my point, cheers :greengrin

FromTheCapital
26-07-2016, 02:33 PM
and this proves my point, cheers :greengrin

Just frustrating mate. If he'd been a wee arse I'd have accepted it but he's never had an ounce of bother in his life. He's absolutely bricking it. Hope for his sake it's just a warning.

Since90+2
26-07-2016, 02:34 PM
A dozen or so?

There are hundreds of pictures doing the rounds on social media of people on the pitch generally having a good time.

I know you're not meant to go on the pitch but can anyone remember what it felt like at the time? There was no suggestion of a riot, no intention (as far as I could tell) to do any harm or any damage.

This has been manipulated, twisted and driven by Sevco, and Hibs can either continue to bend over and take it or fight back. I know what I'd rather they did.

This is ridiculous.

Spot on.

Absolutely ridiculous Hibs are going down this road and it's going to cause a lot of ill feeling. Madness.

Hibs90
26-07-2016, 02:35 PM
Okay well if this is indeed genuine Hibs must be expecting a pretty hefty punishment and are doing all they can to minimise the damage.

scoopyboy
26-07-2016, 02:35 PM

I think it's a wind up.

If I was sending a letter out to ask someone to arrange a meeting with me I would include a phone number or e-mail address to enable them to do so.

Neither is on the letter, put it this way, if it is genuine then the guy needs sent on a course to improve his communication skills.

Geo_1875
26-07-2016, 02:36 PM
A dozen or so?

This is ridiculous.

So pulling the goal-frame down and the pitch up was unintentional. **** off.

Geo_1875
26-07-2016, 02:38 PM
I think it's a wind up.

If I was sending a letter out to ask someone to arrange a meeting with me I would include a phone number or e-mail address to enable them to do so.

Neither is on the letter, put it this way, if it is genuine then the guy needs sent on a course to improve his communication skills.

Hit view and zoom on your browser and you'll see the phone number at the bottom of the page.

MB62
26-07-2016, 02:38 PM
This is genuine and for any inquiries relating to the issue supporters are to send an email to RMcGregor@Hibernianfc.co.uk

Dear RMcGregor@Hibernianfc.co.uk

In the 50 plus years I have been supporting Hibernian Football Club, I have had to put up with an unlimited amount of sectarian abuse at both Easter Road and Ibrox from firstly Glasgow rangers supporters and latterly the The Rangers supporters.
Can you now confirm that from now onwards, the new policy of Hibernian Football Club will be to write to all those identified of breaking the law on sectarian chanting at football grounds, will be invited to speak to yourself regarding this matter?
Identification of individuals should be easy in this day and age of CCTV coverage and the fact that all fans will be registered with either our own club or tickets supplied to the The rangers.

JimBHibees
26-07-2016, 02:39 PM
Is it though? Surely Hibs are taking their advice from Legal experts and security experts? What will the independant review look at? can we tick the boxes to say we've addressed it? If writing out to a hundred or so fans (as I can't imagine they'll be able match much more than that) and inviting them in for a quick 5 minute meeting for a slap on the wrists ticks a box and helps clear us of anything, then I don't have a problem with it.

Agree with this don't have a huge issue with it. If you don't want to personally go in arrange a telephone call instead.

WhileTheChief..
26-07-2016, 02:40 PM
Hope his Robert dude gets lots of angry emails from fans telling him to ram it.

Massive cock up on the Clubs' part here.

Hibbyradge
26-07-2016, 02:41 PM
How many pitch invasions by cup, league, play off winning supporters every season? How many bad losers attack celebrating supporters? If Hibs sent me a letter for being on the pitch i'd have one thing to say to them.

How many pitch invasions end with fighting among fans, police horses on the pitch, a barrier of police officers, a cancelled lap of honour and an official inquiry?

If Hibs speak directly to fans, and The Rangers don't, then it will stand us in good stead when the punishments are handed out.

And if the fans who were on the pitch can't understand the reason for this, and fail to turn up for their "word to the wise" meeting, then they've only got themselves to blame if their accounts are closed.

ben johnson
26-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Let's hope it's a wind up and the young lad who is the future support of the Club is in the clear.

Hibs let Matt Doherty wander around the Hampden pitch in 2012 while the SC Final was in full flow and he wasn't pulled up.

Smartie
26-07-2016, 02:43 PM
So pulling the goal-frame down and the pitch up was unintentional. **** off.

Thousands of folk went onto the pitch.

Thousands of people went on with no intention whatsoever of causing trouble.

Some pulled the goals down. Some went boxing.

Anyone who hit a Rangers player should get the book thrown at them. Anyone who was fighting Rangers fans should get the book thrown at them. They should be allowed to defend their actions but I won't be defending what they did.

Anyone who deliberately damaged anything should be punished and Hibs should have to cough up for the damage.

Thousands of people were caught up in the exuberance of a moment, didn't do any harm and shouldn't be punished.

You can take your hand-wringing attitude and **** right off yourself.

EH54
26-07-2016, 02:44 PM
I think this will be a wee slap on the wrist and Hibs will be doing this to make sure it doesn't happen again by coming across hard on the issue and not taking it lightly. I have no problem with this if that's all it is however if its anything more than that then I would be disappointed at a time when there is a good feeling around the club fans and supporters.

Geo_1875
26-07-2016, 02:47 PM
Thousands of folk went onto the pitch.

Thousands of people went on with no intention whatsoever of causing trouble.

Some pulled the goals down. Some went boxing.

Anyone who hit a Rangers player should get the book thrown at them. Anyone who was fighting Rangers fans should get the book thrown at them. They should be allowed to defend their actions but I won't be defending what they did.

Anyone who deliberately damaged anything should be punished and Hibs should have to cough up for the damage.

Thousands of people were caught up in the exuberance of a moment, didn't do any harm and shouldn't be punished.

You can take your hand-wringing attitude and **** right off yourself.

Who says they are being punished? If Hibs call them into a meeting, explain what they did could cost the club a hefty fine and warn them as to their future conduct at matches I think they are getting off lightly. If Hibs do decide to withdraw their STs they've nobody to blame but themselves. Terms & conditions have been printed on the back of tickets for years.

GreenLake
26-07-2016, 02:47 PM
Nothing further should be said about this until the "account on hold" enforced meeting takes place.

I think it is too bizarre a letter that it has to be a wind up.

FromTheCapital
26-07-2016, 02:48 PM
Nothing further should be said about this until the "account on hold" enforced meeting takes place.

I think it is too bizarre a letter that it has to be a wind up.

It's been confirmed that it is real.

southern hibby
26-07-2016, 02:50 PM

Hhhhmmm I can confirm he's telling the truth lol

GGTTH

Canon Hannan
26-07-2016, 02:50 PM
I would go along and ask them to formally complain to the SFA about sectarian singing from The Rangers fans on numerous occasions against our manager and Catholics. Are Hibs persuing this?

GreenLake
26-07-2016, 02:51 PM
It's been confirmed that it is real.

Just because someone from Hibs answers an email doesn't mean it's real. Has the safety officer confirmed it is real?

If it is real, I would still wait until the meeting takes place before discussing this any further.

BoomtownHibees
26-07-2016, 02:53 PM
Maybe it's a away of the club reducing what punishment could come our way.

Maybe the lack of cup final merchandise is also linked to the possible punishment.

Who knows

Hibs90
26-07-2016, 02:53 PM
Notice aswell that The Rangers fans have been receiving ban letters.

ian cruise
26-07-2016, 02:54 PM
Notice aswell that The Rangers fans have been receiving ban letters.

Have they? I'd hope so but I hadn't heard anything about it.

Canon Hannan
Maybe it's a away of the club reducing what punishment could come our way.

Maybe the lack of cup final merchandise is also linked to the possible punishment.

Who knows

The 'I was on the pitch' unofficial T shirts are selling well mind you 😂😂

Smartie
Who says they are being punished? If Hibs call them into a meeting, explain what they did could cost the club a hefty fine and warn them as to their future conduct at matches I think they are getting off lightly. If Hibs do decide to withdraw their STs they've nobody to blame but themselves. Terms & conditions have been printed on the back of tickets for years.

You obviously like to live life by the letter of the law and very precisely by the rules.

I wasn't on the pitch at Hampden. I was on the pitch when we won the league at Firhill and I seem to remember being on ER when we were presented with the trophy.

The terms and conditions were on the back of the tickets back then. Should I be censured for this now? Just because nobody went scrapping with Thistle or Falkirk fans, tore the goals apart or ripped the pitch up, it didn't make any difference to what I did.

My conduct on those days wasn't any different to many thousands of Hibs fans on May 21st. I don't believe in incriminating thousands of folk who ultimately didn't do any harm but I believe 100% on focussing on those who did.

I reckon you've fallen hook, line and sinker for the media and Rangers' nonsense.

Andy74
26-07-2016, 02:55 PM

Yep taking season tickets off fans who just had a wander on the pitch would be proportionate right enough.

Too many of you taken in by the reaction to this I think and not the reality of what the experience on the day was all about.

Hibbyradge
26-07-2016, 02:56 PM

They won't be able to identify "thousands" to talk to, but if they contact those that they can put a name to, a few dozen mybe, then it shows that they are taking it seriously.

It might also stop the police from taking their enquiries any further too.

scoopyboy
26-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Hit view and zoom on your browser and you'll see the phone number at the bottom of the page.

That is the club fone no, not his.

Hibs90
26-07-2016, 02:57 PM
Have they? I'd hope so but I hadn't heard anything about it.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/297833-rangers-starting-to-hang-their-fans-out-to-dry/

Apologies for the link

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2016, 03:06 PM
Its a bit silly IMO, if they have identified someone who was on the pitch, i can sort of understand them sending them a letter telling them off.

Letting them know they should not have been on the park, but asking to see them and making an example of a 16 year old is daft. If this is real and i have my doubts, in my opinion they should not have bothered their erse.

HibsEK
26-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Unfortunately this letter is genuine. I got one today as well. Like most people I too went on the pitch to celebrate and take a selfie. The photo is however on Facebook so I guess that is how I have been identified. I will be devastated if I get banned for this!

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2016, 03:13 PM
Anyone remember after the last visit how things are going to be much better the next time we visit Ibrox, because Hibs have had dialogue with sevco and they want a chance to address those problems.

Good luck with that bollox the next time you travel to that cesspit. Christ almighty, they will need to knock down a forest for the letters they should be sending to that mob. :rolleyes:

ian cruise
26-07-2016, 03:16 PM
http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?/topic/297833-rangers-starting-to-hang-their-fans-out-to-dry/

Apologies for the link

Good Lord, could only read a page before I began losing faith in humanity. Unbelievable stuff on there.

we are hibs
26-07-2016, 03:17 PM
Absolutely disgraceful from Hibs. If this is true I shall be returning my season ticket. Embarrassing from the club.

IWasThere2016
26-07-2016, 03:19 PM
They won't be able to identify "thousands" to talk to, but if they contact those that they can put a name to, a few dozen mybe, then it shows that they are taking it seriously.

It might also stop the police from taking their enquiries any further too.

This.

The club will identify a few and prove 'action' has been taken. I think Hibs are 'playing the game' here.

SaulGoodman
26-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Absolutely disgraceful from Hibs. If this is true I shall be returning my season ticket. Embarrassing from the club.

Nah, what's embarrassing is the reaction of some drama queens on here. The letter isn't threatening in any way and no one knows what Hibs might have been told to do by lawyers etc.

The boys not gonna get banned. He'll get a 5 minute meeting and Hibs can show that they are being pro-active.

HibsEK
26-07-2016, 03:20 PM

Its true I have the same letter

SaulGoodman
26-07-2016, 03:22 PM
That's it, I'm sending my season ticket back. I'm gonna burn the photo of me with the Scottish cup and I'm gonna rip out my east terrace stone.

I've never been so disgusted with my club complete embarrassment

we are hibs
26-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Nah, what's embarrassing is the reaction of some drama queens on here. The letter isn't threatening in any way and no one knows what Hibs might have been told to do by lawyers etc.

The boys not gonna get banned. He'll get a 5 minute meeting and Hibs can show that they are being pro-active.

Fans should tell them to ram their meeting up their Arse. Wonder if teams down England sent out letters to their fans when there were pitch invasions during the play offs?

Bishop Hibee
Can't believe this. I didn't go on the pitch myself but know loads who did. Complete own goal by Hibs sending these out. The weejia will have a field day as it just brings the whole thing up again. Has someone at Hibs been trawling through Facebook looking for pictures of people on the pitch or are non-Hibs fans grassing others up? Is police time being used trawling social media for pitch invaders?

As per the laddie who was on the pitch, on no account should he agree to go in on his own. To the adult going with him, keep the heid cause if it was my bairn I'd be tempted to lose it.

If the letter isn't a hoax of course.

greenginger

But nobody entered " the field of play ". Play had ended before any fans were on the pitch.

It may be an offence to go on to the pitch during a match , but after the final whistle and all the players have left the pitch ?

I have my doubts.

The_Horde
26-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Its true I have the same letter

Good troll mate.

silverhibee
A dozen or so?

This is ridiculous.

As you say there is plenty pictures/videos showing folk on the pitch, but out of all that I have seen I don't recognise one person in any of the clips, so how do Hibs manage to get names, are Hibs randomly picking out names from the data base to see who got tickets for the final and checking to see if they are on Facebook or Twitter and checking to see if they have any pictures of them being on the pitch.

Pete

Aye right then.

Ergye
26-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Just frustrating mate. If he'd been a wee arse I'd have accepted it but he's never had an ounce of bother in his life. He's absolutely bricking it. Hope for his sake it's just a warning.

You're hard at it mate.....

Away and hire a plane.

Iain G
26-07-2016, 03:27 PM

If it is real, as seems to be, what do you expect the club to do, they need to be seen to be acting on whatever information they have and protecting our position here. They know 98% of the people on that pitch were not there to cause trouble, alas the moronic minority have, by their actions, dragged the club and its supporters into the sights of the weegie media and also the police.

This is club doing its due dilligence with those that have been identified, would expect a meeting or phone conversation and a don't do it again. They need to be seen to be taking this seriously in the eyes of the SFA, Police Scotland etc.

I think its a reasonable way to deal with the issue, record of formal correspondence and a short meeting to discuss the issue and to say don't do it again and move on and a record that Hibs have been talking to those involved.

Stay calm, we won the Scottish Cup ya know :greengrin

Pete
If it's real it's obviously part of the game we're being made to play. People won't get banned so just go with it as it will get the club off the hook.

Blame the rangers, the media and the SFA if you want to take it out on someone.

we are hibs
Aye right then.

You might be happy with fans being banned or threatened with a ban for absolutely nothing but I'm not.

silverhibee
26-07-2016, 03:28 PM

I would be seeking legal advice from a lawyer before contacting Hibs.

Pete
26-07-2016, 03:29 PM
You might be happy with fans being banned or threatened with a ban for absolutely nothing but I'm not.

Whatever mate I just don't believe you and think you're stirring.

HibsEK
26-07-2016, 03:30 PM
Good troll mate.

Its not a troll mate.

we are hibs
Whatever mate I just don't believe you and think you're stirring.

Believe me about what?

Oscar T Grouch
The club, whether some folks like it or not, have to be seen doing something to placate the powers that be. The letter is pretty badly written, maybe should have been passed through admin before being sent, but the content is in no way controversial. If the club have evidence someone went on the park on 21st May, they are perfectly within their rights to censure the culprits, be that a 16yo or a 65 yo. The overreaction to this letter is amazing. If you were on the pitch on that day, you were in direct contravention of the terms and conditions stated on the back of the ticket, no matter why you were there, you weren't meant to be there. If the club chose to ignore any evidence that shows you were on the pitch, they would be neglecting their duty. If you receive a letter like this, take it on the chin, like a responsible adult, go speak to them, they'll tell you'll not to do it again, your membership will be reinstated (maybe with a suspended suspension on it) and we go onto the winning the league this year. Hibs will be seen to have done everything within their power to prevent any further occurrences of this type of incident, the supporter who did go on the pitch will know not to do it again and the punishment handed out will hopefully take into account all the actions taken by Hibs to prevent future occurrences. Nae need to get your knickers in a knot about it, just deal with it and move on. The only people who will get banned from ER for the events of 21st May will be those who were violent or those who caused criminal damage.

SaulGoodman
26-07-2016, 03:31 PM

You're not handing your season ticket back, away and stop attention seeking.

pacoluna
26-07-2016, 03:32 PM
That's it, I'm sending my season ticket back. I'm gonna burn the photo of me with the Scottish cup and I'm gonna rip out my east terrace stone.

I've never been so disgusted with my club complete embarrassment
They are already being pro-active and cooperating with the police and the SFA, there is absolutely no need to send out individual letters summoning supporters to come for a meeting.

FromTheCapital
26-07-2016, 03:32 PM
You're hard at it mate.....

Away and hire a plane.

Shut up ya tit.

I wouldn't come on here just talking utter *****. The letter is there. If you don't believe it. Fine. But don't start your pish.

greenlex
26-07-2016, 03:33 PM
The club, whether some folks like it or not, have to be seen doing something to placate the powers that be. The letter is pretty badly written, maybe should have been passed through admin before being sent, but the content is in no way controversial. If the club have evidence someone went on the park on 21st May, they are perfectly within their rights to censure the culprits, be that a 16yo or a 65 yo. The overreaction to this letter is amazing. If you were on the pitch on that day, you were in direct contravention of the terms and conditions stated on the back of the ticket, no matter why you were there, you weren't meant to be there. If the club chose to ignore any evidence that shows you were on the pitch, they would be neglecting their duty. If you receive a letter like this, take it on the chin, like a responsible adult, go speak to them, they'll tell you'll not to do it again, your membership will be reinstated (maybe with a suspended suspension on it) and we go onto the winning the league this year. Hibs will be seen to have done everything within their power to prevent any further occurrences of this type of incident, the supporter who did go on the pitch will know not to do it again and the punishment handed out will hopefully take into account all the actions taken by Hibs to prevent future occurrences. Nae need to get your knickers in a knot about it, just deal with it and move on. The only people who will get banned from ER for the events of 21st May will be those who were violent or those who caused criminal damage.

Saved me the bother of typing.

djs69
Hibs will be doing what they can to minimise the fine and need to act, end of the day, fans shouldn't have been on the pitch. But to threaten sending season tickets back etc, why???

SaulGoodman
They are already being pro-active and cooperating with the police and the SFA, there is absolutely no need to send out individual letters summoning supporters to come for a meeting.

And what if they have been told to do that?

we are hibs
You're not handing your season ticket back, away and stop attention seeking.

Aye whatever pal. You might be happy for fellow Hibs fans to be treated like ***** from the club for no reason whatsoever but I'm not. But I suppose your a better fan than me cause you don't criticise a single thing about the club like most of the people on here.

SaulGoodman
26-07-2016, 03:34 PM
Hibs will be doing what they can to minimise the fine and need to act, end of the day, fans shouldn't have been on the pitch. But to threaten sending season tickets back etc, why???

Because people love to seek controversial and heroic even though no one will actually do it.

Golden Bear
26-07-2016, 03:34 PM
But nobody entered " the field of play ". Play had ended before any fans were on the pitch.

It may be an offence to go on to the pitch during a match , but after the final whistle and all the players have left the pitch ?

I have my doubts.

I don't. I bet there was something on the reverse of each ticket which covered all aspects of behaviour.

SaulGoodman
26-07-2016, 03:35 PM
Aye whatever pal. You might be happy for fellow Hibs fans to be treated like ***** from the club for no reason whatsoever but I'm not. But I suppose your a better fan than me cause you don't criticise a single thing about the club like most of the people on here.

You're the hero all Hibs fans need, but not what we deserve right now. I hope you hand deliver your returned season ticket via horseback.

God speed, God speed.

Pete
26-07-2016, 03:39 PM

You're just slavering now and definitely stirring. Even people who are genuinely outraged haven't even considered handing season tickets back but you just come right out with it.

Nah, you're not helping, which is probably your intention. At it.

Sodje_18
26-07-2016, 03:39 PM
No letter for me (as of yet). Did receive a voicemail while I was in Copenhagen from Robert Mcgregor, it cut out as he said his name mind you.

I wan't anywhere near the pitch though

Baldy Foghorn
26-07-2016, 03:40 PM

Haha OK then, over reaction no?

Eyrie
26-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Horrifically badly handled.

If the club can identify individual fans, then all it needed to do was write to them advising that their season ticket will be withdrawn should it happen again and pointing out the consequences for the club. That would have been sufficient evidence that the club is taking action without wasting time with individual meetings and scaring kids.

Andy74

Do you believe that the difference in fine level if there is any, would be significantly swayed by picking some people who did nothing but walk on the pitch for a quiet word?

I don't. If Hibs have been asked to do this and I would doubt that because there are independent enquiries going on, then they simply should have put their reputation with their own fans first and said no.

Hibs have done a lot right in the last couple of years but some of the response after the cup final has sold us very short.

Rangers and the SFA have won if many of our fans now believe that every supporter on that pitch should be open to having action taken against them.

pacoluna
A club statement and email which most if not all of us received was suffice in letting us know our actions weren't condoned.

we are hibs
You're just slavering now and definitely stirring. Even people who are genuinely outraged haven't even considered handing season tickets back but you just come right out with it.

Nah, you're not helping, which is probably your intention. At it.

Not stirring at all. genuinely disgusted about the fact Hibs want to ban fans for going on the pitch. But I'm sure you'll know better than me.

lyonhibs
So just the 1, max 2 people have received letters??

I'll be waiting for a good few more before I start getting into a righteous froth about this.

Baldy Foghorn

I have my doubts.

Another one. I told you what LD said verbatim, agree or disagree, your choice

My_Wife_Camille
26-07-2016, 03:42 PM
Thought it was a wind up but it's not. Letter is 100% genuine.

Pete
26-07-2016, 03:43 PM
I hope you hand deliver your returned season ticket via horseback.

The speed bumps at Mcleod street might delay the process.

we are hibs
26-07-2016, 03:43 PM
You're the hero all Hibs fans need, but not what we deserve right now. I hope you hand deliver your returned season ticket via horseback.

God speed, God speed.

Youre the kind of fan who will be on here moaning all season about empty seats when Hibs have banned a quarter of them aren't you?

SaulGoodman
26-07-2016, 03:44 PM
Youre the kind of fan who will be on here moaning all season about empty seats when Hibs have banned a quarter of them aren't you?
Nope I don't really care about empty seats tbh. I go to watch football not head count.

ps, where does it say anyone is getting banned?

SON OF PADDY
26-07-2016, 03:45 PM

This is the way I'm thinking.

we are hibs
26-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Haha OK then, over reaction no?

no. All I see on here is that the club and support need to toughen up. So why are Hibs fans thinking it's acceptable to ban fans for running on the pitch and doing nothing that incites trouble on the best day in our history?

Andy74
26-07-2016, 03:46 PM
Nope I don't really care about empty seats tbh. I go to watch football not head count.

ps, where does it say anyone is getting banned?

Looks as though whoever received the letter has had their account suspended which means they have already taken action to effectively ban them from buying tickets unless they go and speak to Hibs.

CropleyWasGod

Where does that letter, or anything else, say that fans will be banned?

And where are you getting your "quarter of them" from?

blackpoolhibs

I have told you a million times to stop exaggerating. :wink: Nobody is getting banned, while i disagree with what the club are doing and i'd tell them to ram any meeting up their arse.

Nobody will be banned for merely wandering onto the park for a photo or a jig.

Blaster
26-07-2016, 03:47 PM

Hibs won't ban any if them though hence why I think there is an over reaction. Simply going through the motions probably as advised by a lawyer and say to those individuals please don't do it again

we are hibs
The speed bumps at Mcleod street might delay the process.

Ah yes I'm a "yam" because I don't agree with a popular opinion on here. Forgot how this forum works.

greenginger
Another one. I told you what LD said verbatim, agree or disagree, your choice

Sorry if it was brought up before, I've not read the whole thread nor am I disagreeing with you over what LD said.

The fact remains it wasn't " a field of play" when the fans came on.

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2016, 03:49 PM
Sorry if it was brought up before, I've not read the whole thread nor am I disagreeing with you over what LD said.

:agree: And if the players had done a half lap of honour, none of them would have been booked for leaving the field of play. :greengrin

SaulGoodman
26-07-2016, 03:50 PM

It was definitely a field by the time some people grabbed some souvenirs :greengrin

Sergio sledge
no. All I see on here is that the club and support need to toughen up. So why are Hibs fans thinking it's acceptable to ban fans for running on the pitch and doing nothing that incites trouble on the best day in our history?

Who said that they are going to ban them?

James70
So, are Sevco writing a similar letter to all their fans who can be identified?

Nah, didn't think so. Will be interesting to see what punishment they receive. :rolleyes:

Ergye
Shut up ya tit.

I wouldn't come on here just talking utter *****. The letter is there. If you don't believe it. Fine. But don't start your pish.

I've just spoken with my reliable source and he confirms the letters are genuine. So accept my apologies.

But still ... I'll be watching you. 😉

Arch Stanton
26-07-2016, 03:51 PM
There's no doubt been a massive police investigation into all this and they've obviously managed to unearth the names of some of those on the pitch.

Less than a dozen?

More?

Anyway, if they've passed this info onto the club then I would say they are obliged to take some kind of action. A letter a a 5 minute interview doesn't seem over the top.

GreenCastle
Lots of over reacting on here.

Fans won't be banned unless they are proven to be involved in violence or vandalism.

On the pitch due to putting a picture on social media will be just a telling off and a warning.

What happens if you don't reply to hibs letter? Are they really going to chase you? Can they actively force you to turn up for a meeting?

I said earlier many fans had no option but to go into pitch due to crushing etc.

Also no word on the Sevco smoke bombs yet ? All gone quiet on that front!

we are hibs
Who said that they are going to ban them?

it says in the letter that their membership has been stopped which means they've effectively been banned unless they go to this "meeting".

KWJ
26-07-2016, 03:52 PM

Exactly.

Hibs doing everything they can to show that they've been proactive in making sure this doesn't happen again.

Andy74
26-07-2016, 03:52 PM
Lots of over reacting on here.

Fans won't be banned unless they are proven to be involved in violence or vandalism.

On the pitch due to putting a picture on social media will be just a telling off and a warning.

What happens if you don't reply to hibs letter? Are they really going to chase you? Can they actively force you to turn up for a meeting?

I said earlier many fans had no option but to go into pitch due to crushing etc.

Also no word on the Sevco smoke bombs yet ? All gone quiet on that front!

The letter says the membership has been out on hold so effectively a ban is already in place until they turn up for a meeting.

The letter doesn't give any range of outcomes which it probably should.

hfcnic
26-07-2016, 03:53 PM
It seems as though they've been snooping around on social media.

How would they know to look at his in the first place?

CropleyWasGod
26-07-2016, 03:53 PM
it says in the letter that their membership has been stopped which means they've effectively been banned unless they go to this "meeting".

Not at all. They can still pay at the cash pods.

FromTheCapital
26-07-2016, 03:54 PM
How would they know to look at his in the first place?

They can just go on Twitter and search key words such as "Hibs on the pitch" and find people through that way.

BSEJVT
Not stirring at all. genuinely disgusted about the fact Hibs want to ban fans for going on the pitch. But I'm sure you'll know better than me.

I don't see anywhere it being said that Hibs want to ban folk, although that may be the outcome, but I would prefer to wait and see before condemning the club.

Do you honestly think that Hibs want to be devoting the time and money to dealing with this issue in the sure and certain knowledge that it will piss off a large part of their support.

This is a damage limitation exercise pure and simple.

It has to be said though that if you didn't go on the pitch you have nothing to fear.

Approximately 3/4 of your fellow supporters resisted the urge to do so.

If folk are being held responsible for their actions, they have no-one to look to other than themselves and criticism of the club is both wrong and unfair.

FromTheCapital
I've just spoken with my reliable source and he confirms the letters are genuine. So accept my apologies.

But still ... I'll be watching you. [emoji6]

Apology accepted [emoji1]

schinkenotto
26-07-2016, 03:55 PM
Dear RMcGregor@Hibernianfc.co.uk

In the 50 plus years I have been supporting Hibernian Football Club, I have had to put up with an unlimited amount of sectarian abuse at both Easter Road and Ibrox from firstly Glasgow rangers supporters and latterly the The Rangers supporters.
Can you now confirm that from now onwards, the new policy of Hibernian Football Club will be to write to all those identified of breaking the law on sectarian chanting at football grounds, will be invited to speak to yourself regarding this matter?
Identification of individuals should be easy in this day and age of CCTV coverage and the fact that all fans will be registered with either our own club or tickets supplied to the The rangers.
Excellent post.I am in the same position as being a supporter and season ticket holder for over 50 years,a shareholder since 1991,a purchaser of new shares in the last 2 years,a 50 Club member and a contributor to Club 86 for the Youth Policy until it stopped.I am known to STF as a Hibs devotee,as he lived near me at the time of the Mercer fiasco.

As I've mentioned previously on these forums,I am in correspondence with the Complaints Editor of the Herald about a biased headline re Hibs supporters invading the pitch and he has given me the opportunity to respond,but before I did I E-mailed LD(whom I love dearly for all she's done for my beloved Club) some weeks ago to ask whether I should do this,in case it would prejudice what the Club was doing.To date I have received no response so I don't know what to do for the best.To say that I am disappointed is putting it mildly.Anyone who wants to persecute ordinary Hibs supporters for SIMPLY going on to the pitch does not appreciate what the Cup win means to people like me does not have the slightest idea of what Hibs supporters have suffered through the years from verbal and physical(bottles thrown at buses urine poured on heads at Ibrox etc etc, from the " ra peepil") and if Hibs are not going to stand up against this and the songs,flares etc I shall be writing to the Chief Executive of the SFA,who will be disappointed that the absence of "ra peepil" did not result in Armageddon, with material I have collected to rebut the Rangers/James Traynor crap against true Hibs supporters as opposed to the small minority who disgraced the Club and themselves.

ancient hibee
26-07-2016, 03:56 PM
The club is quite rightly covering it's back so that it can tell the SFA the steps it has taken.Also in this day and age of health and safety they will be pointing out the dangers of someone being injured or of someone inadvertently injuring someone else.There is no doubt that the club is having to spend a huge amount of time on this.Anyone who thinks the club is at fault here wants to get a grip on reality.

we are hibs
26-07-2016, 03:56 PM
Not at all. They can still pay at the cash pods.

Aye so they're not content with taking £400 odd off someone already but now they want people to buy a ticket for something they've already paid for?

hfcnic
26-07-2016, 03:57 PM
Because people love to seek controversial and heroic even though no one will actually do it.

:aok:

CropleyWasGod
26-07-2016, 03:57 PM
Aye so they're not content with taking £400 odd off someone already but now they want people to buy a ticket for something they've already paid for?

So, you're saying that it's only ST holders who have been banned? :cb

MWHIBBIES
26-07-2016, 04:03 PM
Fans should tell them to ram their meeting up their Arse. Wonder if teams down England sent out letters to their fans when there were pitch invasions during the play offs?How many of those pitch invasions were at neutral venues and almost caused a riot?

Andy74
26-07-2016, 04:06 PM
How many of those pitch invasions were at neutral venues and almost caused a riot?

The Daily Record has done a good job on you eh!

We seem to now be talking about folk at the fag end of this who wandered on to join thousands others. They look like they have been suspended pending discussion with the club.

I'm amazed anyone thinks this is a good move from Hibs.

hfcnic
26-07-2016, 04:06 PM
They can just go on Twitter and search key words such as "Hibs on the pitch" and find people through that way.

Right, that makes sense. Very unfortunate for him. Hope it all works out

we are hibs
26-07-2016, 04:07 PM
How many of those pitch invasions were at neutral venues and almost caused a riot?

Millwall done it. Infact their fans ran on about 3 times before the final whistle went.

marinello59
Maybe this is just the club researching the market before launching an On the Pitch Season Ticket which entitles you to celebrate on the pitch after every victory in what is going to be a memorable season.

Hibs90
Post by someone on a Facebook page 'I have spoken with Robbie on the phone regarding this situation. Anyone who has received a letter is urged to contact Robbie ASAP to get this dealt with. Hibs were passed information from other sources with names of people who were on the pitch, they are OBLIGED to follow this through because of who is watching, i.e police, sfa and the independant commission. Fans are making a mountain out of a mole hill. It is not the clubs fault. The club have no desire to ban anyone who was not violent or causing criminal damage.'

Arch Stanton
26-07-2016, 04:08 PM
Scratching my head here. I'm guessing that "on hold" is just some jargon made up on the spot to cover the situation. But I'm more confused when it talk about Membership being on hold.

What exactly is a membership?

I have an account which I use to buy tickets but when I login and check my account it says "There are currently no memberships assigned to your account." I am an ST holder so what could they mean?

Gordy M
26-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Was just about to post the same....people having been phoning the police and club giving the names of some of the supporters on the pitch. Given that its 'technically' an offence then the club have to be seen to take action. Im sure this is what has happened.d

MWHIBBIES

We seem to now be talking about folk at the fag end of this who wandered on to join thousands others. They look like they have been suspended pending discussion with the club.

I'm amazed anyone thinks this is a good move from Hibs.Why would this have anything to do with the daily record? Hundreds of fans from both sides ended up fighting. Your intentions aren't really relevant if you break the law by entering the field of play you should expect to pay for it.

marinello59
The club is quite rightly covering it's back so that it can tell the SFA the steps it has taken.Also in this day and age of health and safety they will be pointing out the dangers of someone being injured or of someone inadvertently injuring someone else.There is no doubt that the club is having to spend a huge amount of time on this.Anyone who thinks the club is at fault here wants to get a grip on reality.

Exactly. Anybody who thinks the club is happy spending time and money on this needs to think about it a bit more calmly.

CB_NO3
26-07-2016, 04:11 PM
If I had that letter, it would getting made into a paper airplane and thrown out the window.

Sir David Gray
26-07-2016, 04:12 PM
No-one should be banned for simply "being on the pitch" at the end of that match.

If you were then subsequently involved in any other criminal acts then that's fair enough but banning someone for going onto the pitch, considering the circumstances, would be ridiculous.

I also think it's ridiculous if the club's actually writing to everyone who was on the pitch to review their account. It's pretty harsh and I am aware that entering the field of play is illegal.

Andy74
Post by someone on a Facebook page 'I have spoken with Robbie on the phone regarding this situation. Anyone who has received a letter is urged to contact Robbie ASAP to get this dealt with. Hibs were passed information from other sources with names of people who were on the pitch, they are OBLIGED to follow this through because of who is watching, i.e police, sfa and the independant commission. Fans are making a mountain out of a mole hill. It is not the clubs fault. The club have no desire to ban anyone who was not violent or causing criminal damage.'

I don't believe that creates any obligation unless they can also be put together with some higher level disorder.

However, my advice to anyone getting these would be to respond by email or letter, waste no time going in, acknowledge you've seen the club's guidance following the game on unacceptable conduct and that you intend to follow that advice.

Job done. If it merited more than that the police would be speaking with you.

PercyHibs
I think Hibs are trying to be seen doing something about the people on the pitch to minimise any punishment from the authorities. A bit like someone admitting guilt in court to get a lesser sentence. There won't be anyone banned for just going on the pitch so the fans who did and have had a letter should just suck it up.

No one should have bn on the pitch. The worst you'll get is a talking to unless you committed a more serious crime.

Hibby70
26-07-2016, 04:13 PM
If I had that letter, it would getting made into a paper airplane and thrown out the window.

Reported for littering.

Waxy
26-07-2016, 04:14 PM
What a wind up.

ancient hibee
I think it is appalling the number of so called fans on here who are always ready to down the club while knowing nothing about the circumstances.

CallumLaidlaw
No-one should be banned for simply "being on the pitch" at the end of that match.

If you were then subsequently involved in any other criminal acts then that's fair enough but banning someone for going onto the pitch, considering the circumstances, would be ridiculous.

I also think it's ridiculous if the club's actually writing to everyone who was on the pitch to review their account. It's pretty harsh and I am aware that entering the field of play is illegal.

No one will be banned for simply being on the pitch.

Paisley Hibby
He won't get banned, maybe they'll discuss why they feel he shouldn't have went on the park but it's a stupid, stupid move by Hibs and they are going to have to have HUNDREDS OF meetings in that case.

Fixed that for you.

TonyStokeprano
26-07-2016, 04:17 PM

I'm amazed anyone thinks this is a good move from Hibs.

It seems a complete waste of the staffs time to be holding individual meetings with fans , surely the letter and a warning would have sufficed. I'm guessing it will take years to investigate and interview everyone that entered the pitch.

apparently the guy that you need to arrange your meeting with has went on holiday so these folk that need a meeting to get back to easter road csnt arrange a meeting either!!

Ozyhibby
26-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Going on the pitch is a no-no. Everybody on there knew this when they went on. Go to the meeting, show remorse, get your slap on the wrist and move on. I doubt anyone is getting banned.
The club are doing what has to be done here. When Motherwell were fined for the play off invasion part of the fine was for not doing enough to make sure it doesn't happen again. Hubs will have been advised that this is what needs to be done to protect the club.

Gordy M
26-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Fixed that for you.

It wont be though, im sure hibs will be acting on the information given to them by others. So unless folk have been phoning in given 100s of names then im sure hibs arent going out there way to identify the fans on the park. What they will be doing is 'acting' on the information...ti be seen to be doing something.

CapitalGreen
26-07-2016, 04:19 PM
I think it is appalling the number of so called fans on here who are always ready to down the club while knowing nothing about the circumstances.

Hibs could have prevented the above by communicating that some fans may be receiving letters in the post. The lack of communication from them on this has lead to 3 hours of fans debating whether it was a wind-up and others worrying about being banned.

BSEJVT
26-07-2016, 04:20 PM
I don't believe that creates any obligation unless they can also be put together with some higher level disorder.

However, my advice to anyone getting these would be to respond by email or letter, waste no time going in, acknowledge you've seen the club's guidance following the game on unacceptable conduct and that you intend to follow that advice.

Job done. If it merited more than that the police would be speaking with you.

Exactly as I see It which makes you previous stance on this thread a bit of a contradiction?

silverhibee
26-07-2016, 04:24 PM
Looks as though whoever received the letter has had their account suspended which means they have already taken action to effectively ban them from buying tickets unless they go and speak to Hibs.

Now that this is in the public domain I'm pretty sure the media will pick up on it, right now it is only a invite to go to the club but what happens if Govan police ask Hibs to hand over the names of those they have spoken to, Hibs will have to hand over these names and then Govan police are tapping your door and you are getting charged with a breach of the peace for entering the pitch after FT.

marinello59
It seems a complete waste of the staffs time to be holding individual meetings with fans , surely the letter and a warning would have sufficed. I'm guessing it will take years to investigate and interview everyone that entered the pitch.

apparently the guy that you need to arrange your meeting with has went on holiday so these folk that need a meeting to get back to easter road csnt arrange a meeting either!!

Do you really think the club have the resources to seek out everyone who went on to the pitch? It looks like they have been handed the names and told they have to talk to those identified. The club have to be seen to be taking action to prevent any similar incidents in the future. Hopefully that includes not making us wait another 114 years before winning the thing again.

Andy74
Exactly as I see It which makes you previous stance on this thread a bit of a contradiction?

No. That's how I'd deal with it if I got the letter.

My stance that Hibs should not be going near this in the first place stands.

BSEJVT
26-07-2016, 04:25 PM
Now that this is in the public domain I'm pretty sure the media will pick up on it, right now it is only a invite to go to the club but what happens if Govan police ask Hibs to hand over the names of those they have spoken to, Hibs will have to hand over these names and then Govan police are tapping your door and you are getting charged with a breach of the peace for entering the pitch after FT.

Pretty sure the only people handing the club names they would act on Silver would be the Police

After all nobody likes a grass:greengrin

wearethehibs
Not read all the comments on this but I have seen a picture of the letter sent.

Ive had dealings with the Robbie McGregor guy in the past & he came across as a power hungry type.

It was only after my dealings with him, I found out he is an ex police officer.

He'll probably be a patronising twat at any meeting. Just bite your tongue.

johnbc70
I do wonder what the cost of the police investigation and all the subsequent follow up is costing. Is it really the best use of taxpayers money? I am certain that if we had won that game against any other team there would be nowhere near the same amount of follow up being done. Only in Scotland this would happen.

Lago
26-07-2016, 04:27 PM
Chickens coming home to roost now and what seemed a jolly jape is not so jolly now. Goal posts ripped down, turf ripped up and advertising hoardings damaged, embarrassing.

Bristolhibby

In the words of ****gy, "it wasn't me". Deny everything. Have the meeting but say it wasn't me.

See where Hibs want to take it from there. If they are trawling Facebook then that is sad.
Let the cops do their work and put it down to good natured fun, which it was for the bulk of the fans.

Will they come after me if I went on the pitch in 2005. Or any family members who may have for on the pitch at Firhill in 1999?

J

Andy74
Pretty sure the only people handing the club names they would act on Silver would be the Police

After all nobody likes a grass:greengrin

So if it's illegal activity the police should have the word.

Going to Hibs and admitting illegal activity is a thing I wouldn't encourage. That's why I would respond only to the fact you have seen and will act on the guidance on conduct. Keep it only about future behaviour.

Green_one
26-07-2016, 04:28 PM
No one will be banned for simply being on the pitch.

Exactly. Hibs are going through a process here. I think if the 16 year old does go for a talk he should take a parent or at least an adult. He will be scared and may not represent himself properly. Send his mum. After a few salvoes from protective mothers, Hibs will give it up.

Placing stuff like this on soclal media - not a good idea. Does not even have the - 'thats not me' defence.

Banning someone for only being on the pitch would be a PR nightmare. Hibs are not daft.

Gordy M
26-07-2016, 04:30 PM
So if it's illegal activity the police should have the word.

Going to Hibs and admitting illegal activity is a thing I wouldn't encourage. That's why I would respond only to the fact you have seen and will act on the guidance on conduct. Keep it only about future behaviour.

Maybe because there is no 'criminal intent' with the vast majority of folk on the pitch, then the police and the club have decided this is the best and most sensible way to deal with it?

Bristolhibby
26-07-2016, 04:30 PM
Exactly. Hibs are going through a process here. I think if the 16 year old does go for a talk he should take a parent or at least an adult. He will be scared and may not represent himself properly. Send his mum. After a few salvoes from protective mothers, Hibs will give it up.

Placing stuff like this on soclal media - not a good idea. Does not even have the - 'thats not me' defence.

Banning someone for only being on the pitch would be a PR nightmare. Hibs are not daft.
For a start the lad should be detagging any photos and checking all security settings.

J