PDA

View Full Version : Greatest/Favorite players in your time as a Hibs fan

Highland_Hibee
25-07-2016, 11:56 AM
Now I know there may be a few who will merely state "Scottish Cup Winning Team 2016 End of.". That is why I am picking players on their individual talents and my overall fondness for them rather than what they maybe achieved as a part of a team.

I wasn't a huge football fan as a kid and begun following Hibernian as a 14 year old. Even in my short time I have seen some great players as Hibs have grown into a part of my life.

I would just like to see who we all think are the greatest 11 players in our individual times as Hibernian supporters.

Goalkeeper has never been a position we have filled convincingly in my time but I have fond memories of Daniel Andersson and more recently Ben Williams never appeared to let us down. I think I will have to go with Andersson as I guess for no other reason than absence makes the heart grow fonder and I can only remember the good from that far back.

Left Back simply has to be David Murphy, loved that guy. Feels wrong to ignore Lewy for being such a terrific servant but I'm sure most will agree that as an individual talent Murphy would take it.

Right Back I really want to say Steven Whittaker but I don't think I could deny David Gray a place in my team. Sheers guts and drive that man. So arise Sir David of Gray.

A Centre Back pairing of Rob Jones and Gary Caldwell for me. Cult hero Jonesy as there is nothing more settling for a team that a huge loud bloke at centre half willing to put it all on the line for the cause. Gary Caldwell went on to have a very good career after he left us so I think that alone speaks volumes for his quality as a player. Shout out to Hanlon and McGregor who can't go unspoken of for what it means to be a Hibee.

I think Ian Murray would simply have to be fit into my team for what he gave during his stints with us, I can't think of a better role than one as a sitting midfielder with a little class to him.

I would have 3 across the midfield ahead of Murray. Ivan Sproule with his pace, Scott Brown for his drive and tenacity and Merouane Zemmama for being the wee moroccan magician who got me out of my seat many times. I think this three would be fairly adaptable and could play anywhere in a more forward role.

Derek Riordan is my first choice striker. As a footballer and a Hibee no striker in my time typifies the role of scorer of goals that make you go wow. The Yambuster.

I maybe wanted to say Gary O'Connor or Steven Fletcher as my second striker but after Jason Cummings showed his commitment to our cause with his new contract and his invaluable goalscorers instinct it has to be JC.

The TL:DR version

GK - Andersson
LB - Murphy
RB - Gray
CB- Jones
CB - Caldwell
CDM - Murray
LM - Sproule
CM - Brown
RM - Zemmama
ST - Riordan
ST - Cummings

Thanks for reading! :flag:

Keith_M
25-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Benny Brazil

Greatest Bus Driver to ever play for Hibs

BigKev
25-07-2016, 12:13 PM
In my lifetime... Jeez- here goes....

Goram

Gray Jones Sauzee Murphy

Jack

Zemmama Latapy Sproule

Deeks Zitelli

All entirely because they were all my favourites at any given time!

FromTheCapital
25-07-2016, 12:17 PM
Andersson

Gray - Jones - Sauzee - Murphy

Brown - Beuzelin - McGinn - Latapy

Riordan - Griffiths

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heretoday
25-07-2016, 12:23 PM
When I were't nipper we all used to trip around the playground in imitation of Peter Cormack. There was something... well.... balletic about him. That's all I'm saying.

But Willie Hamilton was my favourite. You could watch him forever.

H18S NX
25-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Willie Hamilton,joe baker,Pat Stanton,Frank Sauzee.

aussie_hibee
25-07-2016, 12:53 PM
A mix best and favourites

Goram

Gray Sauzee Jones Murphy

Sproule Latapy Brown O'Neill

Griffiths Riordan

Subs:
Leighton
Hunter
Whittaker
Thomson
Boozy
Sproule
Keith Keith Keith
Jackson

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-07-2016, 01:04 PM
Hendo and Gray

Forza Fred
25-07-2016, 01:14 PM
Jimmy O'Rourke and Pat Stanton

West lower
25-07-2016, 01:30 PM
Stanton, Cropley, Brownlie and Sauzee.

Wilson
25-07-2016, 01:33 PM
Probably missed a couple. My favourites in my time are:

Jim Leighton
Darren Jackson
Pat McGinlay
Franck Sauzee
Russel Latapy
Mixu Paatelainen
Scott Brown
Steven Fletcher
Derek Riordan
Garry O'Connor
David Gray

cmcd
25-07-2016, 01:35 PM
Jimmy O'Rourke and Pat Stanton

Simpson Brownlie Schaedler Sauzee Bkackley Stanton Hamilton Smith Martin Baker Stevenson

Steve20
25-07-2016, 01:36 PM
Andy Goram

David Gray
Rob Jones
Franck Sauzee
Ulrik Laursen

Matty Jack
John O'Neill
Russell Latapy
John McGinn

Anthony Stokes
Keith Wright

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-07-2016, 01:36 PM
Pat Stanton by a country mile, when will we see his likes again....

Smartie
25-07-2016, 01:41 PM
First I'd ask David Gray where he wanted to play. He can do what he wants.

Then we can build the rest of the team from there.

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2016, 01:53 PM
11 Lewis Stevensons

hibspayne
25-07-2016, 02:01 PM
Goram
Willie Miller (Loved the way he brought a ball down, used to do it in the warm up constantly)
Sauzee
Gordon Hunter
David Grey
Zemmama
McGinn
McGinaly
Latapy
Cummings
Riordan

These are my favourite playes, some were not the best in the position but played for badge (in my head):thumbsup:

SteveHFC
25-07-2016, 02:06 PM
Logan
Gray
Hanlon
Fontaine
McGregor
Stevenson
McGeouch
Fyvie
McGinn
Stokes
Cummings

Oxley
Gunnarson
Henderson
Bartley
Boyle
Keatings
Dagnall

Phil MaGlass
25-07-2016, 02:40 PM
JohnCollins
Craig Paterson
Benny Brazil

Saw Arthur Duncan ans Shades when in their twilight years, too young to appreciate them.
loved Irvine and keith keith keith.

hibeerealist
25-07-2016, 02:44 PM
Andy Goram
David Gray
Sauzee
Rob Jones
Erich Schaedler
Alex Edwards
Pat Stanton
Alex Cropley
David Murphy
Joe Baker
Jim O'Rourke

Now I know there may be a few who will merely state "Scottish Cup Winning Team 2016 End of.". That is why I am picking players on their individual talents and my overall fondness for them rather than what they maybe achieved as a part of a team.

I wasn't a huge football fan as a kid and begun following Hibernian as a 14 year old. Even in my short time I have seen some great players as Hibs have grown into a part of my life.

I would just like to see who we all think are the greatest 11 players in our individual times as Hibernian supporters.

Goalkeeper has never been a position we have filled convincingly in my time but I have fond memories of Daniel Andersson and more recently Ben Williams never appeared to let us down. I think I will have to go with Andersson as I guess for no other reason than absence makes the heart grow fonder and I can only remember the good from that far back.

Left Back simply has to be David Murphy, loved that guy. Feels wrong to ignore Lewy for being such a terrific servant but I'm sure most will agree that as an individual talent Murphy would take it.

Right Back I really want to say Steven Whittaker but I don't think I could deny David Gray a place in my team. Sheers guts and drive that man. So arise Sir David of Gray.

A Centre Back pairing of Rob Jones and Gary Caldwell for me. Cult hero Jonesy as there is nothing more settling for a team that a huge loud bloke at centre half willing to put it all on the line for the cause. Gary Caldwell went on to have a very good career after he left us so I think that alone speaks volumes for his quality as a player. Shout out to Hanlon and McGregor who can't go unspoken of for what it means to be a Hibee.

I think Ian Murray would simply have to be fit into my team for what he gave during his stints with us, I can't think of a better role than one as a sitting midfielder with a little class to him.

I would have 3 across the midfield ahead of Murray. Ivan Sproule with his pace, Scott Brown for his drive and tenacity and Merouane Zemmama for being the wee moroccan magician who got me out of my seat many times. I think this three would be fairly adaptable and could play anywhere in a more forward role.

Derek Riordan is my first choice striker. As a footballer and a Hibee no striker in my time typifies the role of scorer of goals that make you go wow. The Yambuster.

I maybe wanted to say Gary O'Connor or Steven Fletcher as my second striker but after Jason Cummings showed his commitment to our cause with his new contract and his invaluable goalscorers instinct it has to be JC.

The TL:DR version

GK - Andersson
LB - Murphy
RB - Gray
CB- Jones
CB - Caldwell
CDM - Murray
LM - Sproule
CM - Brown
RM - Zemmama
ST - Riordan
ST - Cummings

Thanks for reading! :flag:

Ergye
25-07-2016, 03:16 PM
Conrad Logan is the best Hibs player of all time.

In 15 years he will have his statue.

Smartie
25-07-2016, 03:21 PM

TBF he's worthy of a statue already but since it will take all of the bronze mines the world 15 years working flat out to get enough material for one, we're all just going to have to wait.

Ergye
25-07-2016, 03:23 PM
TBF he's worthy of a statue already but since it will take all of the bronze mines the world 15 years working flat out to get enough material for one, we're all just going to have to wait.

Exactly my point. Just couldn't be arsed typing all that out.

1875M
25-07-2016, 03:24 PM
Williams

Gray
Jones
Hanlon
Murphy

Brown
Thompson
Beuzelin

Griffiths
Riordan
O'Connor

churchie16
25-07-2016, 03:43 PM
11 Darren McGregors! Absolute legend!

allezsauzee
25-07-2016, 03:56 PM
Erich Schaedler, Geebsie and Big Franck for me

H18 SFR
25-07-2016, 03:58 PM
This is very hard indeed, here goes...
GK
Goram - single handedly kept us in games for a full season
RB
Willie Miller - nice one Willie, nice one son, just loved his tackling although I always felt he stood off wee Robbo and Colquhoun too much.
LB
Graham Mitchell - score that header in Europe, my first UEFA match.
CB
Geebsie - committed player, scored THAT goal Vs them.
CB
Gordon Rae - such a warrior.
CM
Sauzee - what can you say.
CM
Wee Russel - great memories
LM
Wee crunchie
RM
Wee Micky
CF
Keith, Keith, Keith
CF
Gareth Evans - my favourite player as a primary school boy lol

AlbertK86
25-07-2016, 04:12 PM
Goram

Brownlie
Blackley
Sauzee
Murphy

Latapy
Stanton
Collins
Cropley

O'Rourke
Riordan

Subs

Rough
Gray
McGinn
Brown
Mixu
Archibald
Griffiths

humptiedumptie
25-07-2016, 04:21 PM
Don,t forget Alex Edwards

Malthibby
25-07-2016, 04:31 PM
Andy Goram
David Gray
Sauzee
Rob Jones
Erich Schaedler
Alex Edwards
Pat Stanton
Alex Cropley
David Murphy
Joe Baker
Jim O'Rourke

FFS, what a bloody team that would have been.
You forgot Joe T though.......:not worth

stantonsboots
25-07-2016, 04:38 PM
goalie Goram but when I was wee I used to love supermac(Mike McDonald) backs, Whittacker Blackley Brownlie Murphy Bobby smith Ian Munro
then there was my all time favourite player Mr Hibs PAT STANTON and of course the genius that was Ally McLeod then probably the greatest winger ever to grace easter road Mikey Weir. Zemmama and boozy ouzed class and the deadly duo that was O'Connor and Riordan. Just some of the great players it has been my priviledge to watch in over 40 years going to easter road GGTTH

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Favourite front two is Cowan and Durie. Maybe not great individually but a proper partnership.

--------
25-07-2016, 04:41 PM
Jim Leighton

John Brownlie
John McNamee
John Blackley
Erich Schaedler

Willie Hamilton
Pat Stanton
Scott Brown
Alec Cropley

Joe Baker
Alan Gordon

Sub: Jim O'Rourke

Stantons Angel
25-07-2016, 04:42 PM
As the avatar says...... there will only ever be one PAT STANTON.

My era team where Turnbulls Tornadoes and what a team that was. There was no living with them when they were firing on all cylinders.

Sauzee filled that no 4 jersey with pride, a superb player and a real gentleman of a man.

Wee Mickey was always a hero of mine a lovely wee player with a big big heart.

Now its wee Lewis thats my favourite, (you would never have guessed) just love him to bits!

My_Wife_Camille
25-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Riordan, Gray, Sauzee, Lewis, Sparky

Golden Bear
25-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Alex Edwards (rebel without a cause)

Paddy Stanton - is the King of course.

John Burridge - An eccentric character but no mean keeper at the same time.

George Best - simply the Best, delighted to have witnessed the great man in a Hibernian jersey even although his halcyon days were behind him.

Edit:- And oh aye, how could I possibly forget the great Frank Sauzee.

Ferry green
25-07-2016, 05:02 PM
David Zitelli ..... Overhead kick styley

cmcd
25-07-2016, 05:28 PM
goalie Goram but when I was wee I used to love supermac(Mike McDonald) backs, Whittacker Blackley Brownlie Murphy Bobby smith Ian Munro
then there was my all time favourite player Mr Hibs PAT STANTON and of course the genius that was Ally McLeod then probably the greatest winger ever to grace easter road Mikey Weir. Zemmama and boozy ouzed class and the deadly duo that was O'Connor and Riordan. Just some of the great players it has been my priviledge to watch in over 40 years going to easter road GGTTH
As much as I liked Mikey Weir he wasn't in the same class as Gordon Smith or Eric Stevenson to name but two

Walter
25-07-2016, 05:34 PM
Tony Rougier

Heedersnvolleys
25-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Pat McGinlay for me, favorite player when I starting watching seriously.

southsider
25-07-2016, 05:37 PM
As much as I liked Mikey Weir he wasn't in the same class as Gordon Smith or Eric Stevenson to name but two

Roughie, Brownlie, MacNamee, Blackley, Murphy. Edwards, PS, Crops. Marinello, Neil Martin, Eric Stevenson

.Sean.
25-07-2016, 05:39 PM
Logan

Gray Jones Sauzee Murphy

Sproule Boozy McGinn Stevenson Riordan

O'Connor

Subs - Hanlon, Stokes, Henderson, Mixu, Latapy, John O'Neil, Benji

Not a side of world-beaters but solid nonetheless - Dodgy having Stevenson in the middle but I can't not pick him as he's the one constant of two of the best days of my life - But all players that I get gooey-eyed over though. I love Hibernian.

Honourable mentions for Ian Murray, Matty Jack, Craig Rocastle, Tam McManus and Zemmama.

Bostonhibby
25-07-2016, 06:12 PM
Erich Schaedler.,loved the club. Would run through walls for us, and often did. Look at his tackles and setting up in the 0-7 victory at the wonga dome. Loved watching him play

WHAM
25-07-2016, 06:23 PM
Pat McGinlay for me, favorite player when I starting watching seriously.

Pat was the man when I started watching Hibs in the early nineties. He used to score a shed load of goals for a midfielder and I still can't believe he never won more than a Scotland B cap.

In my time as a Hibs fan though, it's hard to see past Sauzee/Latapy. The both of them were a class apart. Latapy would have been a legend if he didn't leave the way he did.

RG04
25-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Goram
Jones
Hughes
Sauzee
Gray
Murphy
Thomson
Brown
Latapy
Wright
Fletcher

SUBS:
McGinlay
O'Neill
Weir
Jackson
Harper
W.Miller
Leighton

Albanian Hibs
25-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Cant believe some of you dont have Sauzee in their team. My fav player ever.

superfurryhibby
25-07-2016, 06:32 PM
Goram

Brownlie
Blackley
Sauzee
Murphy

Latapy
Stanton
Collins
Cropley

O'Rourke
Riordan

Subs

Rough
Gray
McGinn
Brown
Mixu
Archibald
Griffiths

Gettng pretty close to perfection there.

Two Andy Gorams
Brownlie. Blackley Sauzee Murphy
Edwards Stanton Latapy Collins
O'Connor Riordan

Subs from: Duncan, Cropley, Shades, Archibald, Wright, Brown, Jacksona, Weir.

That's a squad to savour.

BSEJVT
25-07-2016, 06:33 PM
Having been lucky enough to watch the Tornadoes in my formative years, they will make up the vast bulk of this team

Team 1

Goram
Brownlie
Schaedler
Sauzee
Blackley
Stanton
Edwards
Cropley
Duncan
Gordon
Griffiths

Team 2

Leighton
Gray
Murphy
Jones
Gary Smith
Zemmama
Brown
Thomson
Beuzelin
Latapy

Riordan (first spell)
O'Connor (first spell)

Team 3

Herriot

Whittaker
Mitchell
Hunter
McIntyre

McGinlay
Sproule
John O'Neill
Michael O'Neill

Cummings
Durie

gjb
25-07-2016, 07:25 PM
Alex Cropley is the player I have ever seen in a hibs top, absolute class with a magnificent left foot. Seen him outside the hibs shop before the bro by game.

gogsy23
25-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Goram
Gray
Le god
Geebsie
Murph tho ulrik lauren runs v close second
Crunchie
Paddy mcginlay
Jacko
Latapy
Keith,keith,keith,keith
Torn between big mixu and sparky

Hanlon,rob jones,ivan, mikey oneill are all worthy too!

cjward2
25-07-2016, 07:40 PM
Riordan, Mickey Weir, Rob Jones, Scott Brown, Ivan Sproule (the first time), Lewis Stevenson

hibeerealist
25-07-2016, 07:42 PM
FFS, what a bloody team that would have been.
You forgot Joe T though.......:not worth

ok Joe T a sub!!

Hibrandenburg
25-07-2016, 07:54 PM
Jim Leighton
John Brownlie
Shades
Frank Sauzee
Dodd Stewart
John Blackley
Alex Edwards
Pat Stanton
Leigh Griffiths
Ally McLeod
Arthur Duncan

Mr White
25-07-2016, 08:18 PM
Goram

Whittacker
Hunter
Sauzee
Murphy

Weir
Latapy
Brown
McGinlay

Archibald
Riordan

Subs Leighton Wright Jackson O'connor Griffiths O'Neil McGinn

mjhibby
26-07-2016, 02:50 AM
As quite an old fart here is my team.
First what I consider the best team.
1.Leighton
2.Brownlie
3.Murphy
4.Stanton
5.Sauzee
6.Blackley
7.Latapy
8.Cropley
9.Archibald
10.Wright
11.Zitelli

So many others who just missed out,the likes of Goram laursen,orourke,gordon,weir,both O'Neils.

My fav players in each position.
1.Andersson
2.Millar
3.Mitchell
4.Mcintyre
5.Laursen
6.Weir
7.Edwards
8.Oneil
9.Paatelinen
10.Durie
11.Mcallister.
So hard to decide.

HoboHarry
26-07-2016, 04:41 AM
Cant believe some of you dont have Sauzee in their team. My fav player ever.
I would agree with you. I never thought there would be a day when I saw a player I liked better than John Blackley but it only took a couple of games to see that big Franck was something special. Le God for me every day of the week......

Keyser Sauzee
26-07-2016, 04:47 AM
Leighton

Whittaker Sauzee Jones Murphy

Brown Latapy Thomson

Griffiths Fletcher Riordan

Not the best of shapes and a few out of position but only way I could fit them all in.

blackpoolhibs
26-07-2016, 06:05 AM
Goram
Brownlie
Blackley
Sauzee
Shaedler
Edwards
Stanton
Cropley
Duncan
Gordon
Griffiths

Subs
Archibald
Murphy
Best
Brown
Riordan
Whittaker
Leighton.

BSEJVT
26-07-2016, 06:12 AM
Goram
Brownlie
Blackley
Sauzee
Shaedler
Edwards
Stanton
Cropley
Duncan
Gordon
Griffiths

Subs
Archibald
Murphy
Best
Brown
Riordan
Whittaker
Leighton.

Great minds think alike BH:greengrin

brog
26-07-2016, 08:29 AM
Jim Leighton

John Brownlie
John McNamee
John Blackley
Erich Schaedler

Willie Hamilton
Pat Stanton
Scott Brown
Alec Cropley

Joe Baker
Alan Gordon

Pretty much perfection Doddie so my reserve team in same formation is, Goram, John Grant, Sauzee, Plenderleith, Murphy, Edwards, Bobby Johnstone Mk2, Cormack, Stevenson, Stein, Martin. Subs Gerry Baker & Arthur!!

PeeJay
26-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Jim Leighton

John Brownlie
John McNamee
John Blackley
Erich Schaedler

Willie Hamilton
Pat Stanton
Scott Brown
Alec Cropley

Joe Baker
Alan Gordon

With your great choice of team we don't really need a goalie so give the jersey to Jimmy .... :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
26-07-2016, 09:17 AM
Surprised Des Bremner hasn't made an appearance.

26-07-2016, 09:21 AM
Loved Sproule, a man with so much passion and love for the club. Henderson is another one, only with us on loan but his passion was just incrediable.

Favourite will always be Gray though, for giving me the best moment of my life.

oneone73
26-07-2016, 09:24 AM
O’Rourke, Stanton, Archigol,Sauzee and Gray.

matty_f
26-07-2016, 09:55 AM
Logan
Gray
Hanlon
McGregor
Fontaine
Stevenson
McGeouch
Fyvie
McGinn
Cummings
Stokes

ancient hibee
26-07-2016, 09:55 AM
Goram
Govan,Macnamee,Turnbull,Parke
Smith,Hamilton,Johnstone,Ormond
Reilly,Baker

Leslie
Brownlie,Sauzee,Stewart,Schaedler
Edwards,Stanton,Cropley
Riordan,Gordon,Martin

Younger
Duncan,Blackley,Plenderleith,Davis
Latapy,Cormack,Combe,Duncan
O'Rourke,McBride

Rough
Grant,Macnamara,Easton,Murphy
Beuzelin,Brown,McGinlay
Archibald,MacLeod,McLeod

Leighton
Fraser,Paterson,Cousin,Bremner
Quinn,Baxter,Gibson
Aitken,Wright,Stevenson

Probably missed some out.They could form their own league.

Bostonhibby
26-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Surprised Des Bremner hasn't made an appearance.
Liked him a great deal, in terms of quality of career silverware won could be the most successful modern day player ever to leave us?

Pat s 4
26-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Rough, brownlie, stanton, sauzee, murphy, edwards, latapy, cropley, marinello, baker, archibald,, Subs, o'rouke, cormack,

Geo_1875
26-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Liked him a great deal, in terms of quality of career silverware won could be the most successful modern day player ever to leave us?

Peter Cormack comes close.

Bostonhibby
26-07-2016, 02:36 PM
Peter Cormack comes close.
Agreed

hibby6270
26-07-2016, 07:26 PM
Over 50+ years! very difficult to pick one team! so here's my "squad".
Pick any 1 from 3 in each position: (4-3-3)

GK - Rough, Goram, Leighton
RB - Brownlie, de la Cruz, Bobby Duncan
CB - Blackley, Sauzee, Jones
CB - Black, Rae, McIntyre
LB - Schaedler, Laursen, Murphy
RM - Stanton, Latapy, Zemmama
CM - McGinlay, Brown, McGinn
LM - John Collins, Cropley, Thomson(1st spell)
RW - Edwards, Sproule, Marinello
CF - Baker, Gordon, Griffiths
LW - Arthur Duncan, Michael O'Neill, Riordan

Babyshamble
26-07-2016, 07:55 PM
Not a full team but loved Gordon Hunter,Gordon Rae,mickey weir,Paul Kane,Steve Archibald, Franck sauzee,Derek Riordan,Leigh Griffiths,

J-C
26-07-2016, 08:05 PM
From my boyhood it is Stanton, O'Rourke, Brownlie and Cropley.

Latterly definitely Sauzee, Latapy, Riordan and Zemamma.

confused
26-07-2016, 09:14 PM
Pat Stanton , by a country mile.

Edson Arantes
26-07-2016, 09:43 PM
Cropley.

Edwards.

Best!

Leighton.

Big L
26-07-2016, 11:05 PM
Joe Baker, Pat Stanton, Russell Latapy, John Brownlie, Frank Sauzee, Willie Hamilton, Gordon and O'Rourke.

Edinburgher
26-07-2016, 11:18 PM
Random list of some players that I thought were great at Hibs:
Michael O`Neil
Goram
Mickey Weir
Keith Wright
Kevin Macallister
Sauzee
Gordon Hunter
Benji
Mixu
Riordan
O`Connor

Many of the cup winning team.

snooky
26-07-2016, 11:46 PM
Favs for me ...
Paddy
Jimmy O'R
Ivan
Sparky

jgl07
27-07-2016, 08:41 AM
When I started watching Hibs, Michael O'Neill and Kevin McAllister stood out alongside Jim Leighton and Keith Wright. Gordon Hunter is also fondly remembered for scoring that goal at Tynecastle. Underrated players from that era were Willie Miller and (whisper it) Bryan Hamilton!

Hibrandenburg
27-07-2016, 09:39 AM
The players I enjoyed watching the most

Mike MacDonald
Shades
Bobby Smith
Pat Stanton
Alex Edwards
John Brownlie
John Blackley
Ally McLeod
Arthur Duncan
Leigh Griffiths
Ivan Sproule
Matty Jack
Frank Sauzee
Russell Latapey
Jackie MacNamara
Steve Archibald
David Murphy
Keith Wright
Mickey Weir

cheltenhamhibee
27-07-2016, 10:00 AM

http://britishcomicawards.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Dan-Statue.jpg

He has one already in Dundee :greengrin

PPZPOL
27-07-2016, 11:12 AM
John Collins by a mile in my lifetime.

James.
27-07-2016, 11:25 AM
Personal favourites over the past 20 odd years. Maybe not the best but certainly a good bunch.

1 Leighton
2 Gray
3 Laursen
4 Sauzee
5 Jones
6 Bamba
7 McGinn
8 O'Neill
9 Fletcher
10 Latapy
01 Riordan

Subs - Andersen, Murphy, Brown, Beuzelin, Zemmama, Stokes, O'Connor

gillythehibby
27-07-2016, 01:25 PM
I'm going to base this one on players I've seen and enjoyed watching. I was at the games from the early 70's with the old man but canny really remember and appreciate the greats as I was about 5 at the time. So here goes

GK = Andy Goram
RB = De La Cruz
LB = David Murphy
CH = Gordon Rae
CH = Rob Jones
MID = Sauzee
MID = Collins
MID = McGinley
MID = Latapy
CF = Archibald
CF = Best

Subs = Deeks, Keith Wright, Tommy McIntyre, Leighton, Zitelli, Griffiths

GBTHH:flag:

snooky
27-07-2016, 01:31 PM
Amazing that one of the Best footballers in the world is not mentioned. :whistle:

Edson Arantes
27-07-2016, 01:36 PM
Amazing that one of the Best footballers in the world is not mentioned. :whistle:

I did!

midfield_maestro
27-07-2016, 01:44 PM
Is Griffiths missing from these lists because he was on loan?

snooky
27-07-2016, 01:49 PM
Is Griffiths missing from these lists because he was on loan?
I picked him - loan or not. :greengrin

snooky
27-07-2016, 01:50 PM
I did!

Good man :aok:

Tobias Funke
27-07-2016, 03:03 PM
Russell Latapy, by a country mile. Not only the most skillful player I have seen in a Hibs jersey, also one of the most talented players I have seen full stop. The opposition struggled to get the ball off him and was rarely marked out a game. Could beat his man easily, split a defence in two with his range of passing and scored more than his fair share. He absolutely ripped the p*sh out of Hearts on more than one occasion too. Their "legendary" big nosed tube Skacel couldn't lace his boots (and for any Jambos looking in...this is correct and you know it).

Shame his time at Hibs ended the way it did. Still, what a player.

Galahibby
27-07-2016, 05:29 PM
No contest for me - Sauzee was a different class to anyone else I've seen play for Hibs. I did have a soft spot for Stevie Cowan back in the day and, love him or hate him, Goram was some keeper. To be fair though, we've had some pretty decent players over the years.