PDA

View Full Version : Scott Martin

Ozyhibby
25-07-2016, 09:10 AM
I wasn't at yesterday's game but apparently he played very well?
I think this season if Hibs believe in this lad, and I think they do, then we have to make room in the squad for him and actually play him week to week. He's 19 now and this really needs to be his break out season. If he is going to be a Hibs player then he needs to be able to force his way into the Hibs team now while it's hopefully playing its last season in the championship. This is the crucial age for him, same age as Hendo last season.
It's going to take bravery from Lennon and commitment from the player himself but needs to happen now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig_HFC
25-07-2016, 09:13 AM
I think this season if Hibs believe in this lad, and I think they do, then we have to make room in the squad for him and actually play him week to week. He's 19 now and this really needs to be his break out season. If he is going to be a Hibs player then he needs to be able to force his way into the Hibs team now while it's hopefully playing its last season in the championship. This is the crucial age for him, same age as Hendo last season.
It's going to take bravery from Lennon and commitment from the player himself but needs to happen now.

He did play well yesterday (as did Callum Crane but this thread isn't about him).

I like him, I think he's got what it takes & I also think he'll be pretty involved at Hibs this season. He reminds me a little bit of Scott Brown in that he's got a bit of 'bite' about him and is extremely tenacious.

Ozyhibby
25-07-2016, 09:17 AM
He did play well yesterday (as did Callum Crane but this thread isn't about him).

I like him, I think he's got what it takes & I also think he'll be pretty involved at Hibs this season. He reminds me a little bit of Scott Brown in that he's got a bit of 'bite' about him and is extremely tenacious.

Same applies to Crane. He's 20 now, if he can't force his way in now then he's not going to. Big season for him as well.

scuttle
25-07-2016, 09:19 AM

Thought he played really well yesterday, not blessed with blistering pace but he was a menace all over the park. Tired in the second half and can pass the ball really well. Would play in the big Marv role if he was to get injured IMHO

Craig_HFC
25-07-2016, 09:19 AM
Same applies to Crane. He's 20 now, if he can't force his way in now then he's not going to. Big season for him as well.

Crane certainly did himself no harm at all yesterday. Very assured performance.

Coco Bryce
25-07-2016, 09:21 AM
Crane was different class yesterday. Looks very composed and mature for a young lad :aok: