PDA

View Full Version : Lennon predicting a busy week in the transfer market.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Wee Effen Bee
25-07-2016, 08:42 AM
Don't want to include a link to the The Daily Ranger, but apparently the Birmingham game pleased Lennon who was given "...food for thought." Despite this, he anticipates a busy week in the transfer market for us. Not sure who the latest targets are though...any updates?

Callum_62
25-07-2016, 08:54 AM
Henderson

Logan

Commons

Moravcik

scoopyboy
25-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Don't want to include a link to the The Daily Ranger, but apparently the Birmingham game pleased Lennon who was given "...food for thought." Despite this, he anticipates a busy week in the transfer market for us. Not sure who the latest targets are though...any updates?

Kenny Millar of The Sun reckons maybe two or three in this week.

If that's correct I can see a few going out as well, we can't just have the squad getting bigger and bigger.

A few out on loan or contracts terminated perhaps.

Hibbyradge
25-07-2016, 09:21 AM
HIBS boss Neil Lennon is keen to add to his squad in spite of an impressive 1-0 friendly victory against Birmingham City on Sunday.

Neil Lennon admits he has plenty of food for thought after watching his second string stars dump Birmingham.

The Hibs gaffer made TEN changes to the side which suffered an agonising Europa League exit on penalties despite beating Brondby 1-0 on Thursday night in Denmark.

Only Liam Fontaine kept his place as Lennon afforded those who excelled in Copenhagen a deserved rest, with James Keatings staking his claim for a starting place with a clinical winning goal on the hour.

Martin Boyle also rattled the bar during an afternoon which was only tempered by the news that Danny Handling - who didn’t feature yesterday - will be out for up to six weeks with knee cartilage damage.

While Lennon is desperate to bolster his squad in the coming days, he admits he will be “loathe” to axe those who outplayed the Blues.

Lennon said: “To go out there and stake their claim for a place - that was the challenge we threw down to them at the start of the game and none of them disappointed.

“I’m really pleased. I got everything I wanted from it. The condition of the players looks really good and the football was great. It was a very high standard. There were a lot of really good things to come out of that game.

“I hope it will be a busy week in terms of getting people in - but I’ll be loathe to take players out after what I saw a
Boyle and the excellent Danny Carmichael both stung the palms of Tomas Kuszcak from the edge of the box in the opening exchanges, while Stephen Gleeson almost skewed a wayward clearance into his own net.

Kuszcak made a magnificent reflex stop with his legs to deny the hosts a deserved opener on the half-hour when Fontaine rose highest to meet an Alex Harris corner.

The Hibees eventually claimed the lead after 62 minutes, with Boyle slipping the ball inside the box to Keatings, who spun on a sixpence before lashing a fine finish into the roof of the net.

Keatings almost returned the favour when he found Boyle with a deep cross, only for the former Dundee man to head against the bar.

“I thought Hibs were bright and look a really good side,” praised defeated Blues boss Gary Rowett. “I know they had several first-teamers absent and it looks like they have a really strong squad.”

LustForLeith
25-07-2016, 09:32 AM
Henderson

Logan

Commons

Moravcik

Commons registered for Celtics Euro game this week.

hfcnic
25-07-2016, 09:37 AM
Henderson Logan Commons Moravcik

Are these predictions or have you heard this somewhere?

stantonhibby
25-07-2016, 09:41 AM
Are these predictions or have you heard this somewhere?

Moravcik is 51 so hope not

lord bunberry
25-07-2016, 09:50 AM
Moravcik is 51 so hope not
He'd still score for fun in this division :greengrin

jacomo
25-07-2016, 09:52 AM
Danny Handling injured again. He's had some terrible luck.

Hi Heid Yin
25-07-2016, 10:03 AM
As always, pre-season games, as heartening and encouraging as they have been, are not always an accurate indicator to how things will pan out in the cut and thrust of competitive games.
The reality is that last season the squad was not good enough for either automatic (or through the playoffs) promotion. Yes, mitigating factors such as prolonged cup runs contributed - but not wholly.
Thus, I feel that we need another 3 or 4 in to bolster our squad.
It's encouraging to know that Neil Lennon has top level contacts and he might, just might, surprise us with an unexpected face or two.

Finn2015
25-07-2016, 10:30 AM
Hope so would be great to see a few fresh faces we will see

25-07-2016, 10:40 AM

If that's correct I can see a few going out as well, we can't just have the squad getting bigger and bigger.

Perhaps Insall would benefit from another loan spell, perhaps to a scottish league 1 or lower championship side to see how he fairs at that level. Had a food season with East Fife but the jump from East Fife to hibs is pretty big. Think he's got potential but don't think he's ready yet for us.

Maybe let Stanton and Harris go? Not terrible players and i'm sure they will find another club but I'm not convinced they'll make the grade at hibs unfortunatly.

Steve20
25-07-2016, 10:47 AM

We've no longer got Stokes, Dagnall, Thomson, Henderson, Gunnersson, Oxley and Logan from the squad that ended last season and only brought in Holt. Even with Stanton and Harris being part of the squad, we're down on numbers from last season and our squad wasn't huge then. I We need strength in depth.

snooky
25-07-2016, 10:51 AM
We've no longer got Stokes, Dagnall, Thomson, Henderson, Gunnersson, Oxley and Logan from the squad that ended last season and only brought in Holt. Even with Stanton and Harris being part of the squad, we're down on numbers from last season and our squad wasn't huge then. I We need strength in depth.

Stokes, Hendo & Gunner are a big miss. The others? Naw.

25-07-2016, 10:53 AM
Danny Handling injured again. He's had some terrible luck.

Agreed, a real shame for the guy who was just starting to get going again after a long injury. Its setting back his development and unless he manages to get fit soon and stay fit he sadly may not have a future at hibs anymore.

Lee Marvin
25-07-2016, 10:53 AM

You could also argue that we have gained Martin, crane, forster, laidlaw, harris and holt. All of whom look likely to be in the first team squad this year.

I do not think we need much at all. A goalkeeper, Henderson and a striker and we are good imo.

scoopyboy
25-07-2016, 10:58 AM
You could also argue that we have gained Martin, crane, forster, laidlaw, harris and holt. All of whom look likely to be in the first team squad this year.

I do not think we need much at all. A goalkeeper, Henderson and a striker and we are good imo.

Stanton and Insall back as well.

HibbyAndy
25-07-2016, 11:01 AM
I think we might see the goalkeeper from west brom this week tae.

Since90+2
25-07-2016, 11:03 AM
We need a left sided midfielder / winger in the same mould as Boyle. Carmichael for me has not taken his limited chances he has had to show he has what it takes to be a regular first teamer.

A goalkeeper and a pacey left winger is all we really need IMO.

MacGruber
25-07-2016, 11:06 AM

If we sign the young keeper from west brom still feel we'll need another experienced keeper. Hope that's not 2 of 3 or 4 - feel we just need 1

MacGruber
25-07-2016, 11:08 AM
If we sign the young keeper from west brom still feel we'll need another experienced keeper. Hope that's not 2 of 3 or 4 - feel we just need 1

Okay - that reads rubbish! Hope from the 3 or 4 signings Lennon is quoting that only 1 is a keeper, and an experienced keeper at that.

1875STEVE
25-07-2016, 11:09 AM

That's what I was thinking.

I reckon we are 3 or 4 short, when you take into account that Harris, Stanton and Forster are back.

HappyHanlon
25-07-2016, 11:17 AM

Rather not.

scoopyboy
25-07-2016, 11:34 AM
Off the top of my head first team squad as follows

Virtanen
Laidlaw

Gray
Stevenson
McGregor
Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine

Harris
Carmichael
Boyle
Bartley
Fyvie
McGeouch
Handling
McGinn
Stanton

Cummings
Holt
Keatings

That is 20, add in possibly Crane, Martin and Insall we are up at 23. Bringing in 2 or 3 takes us up to 25 or more, that's too many and we won't run with that.

Baw187
25-07-2016, 11:34 AM
We need a left sided midfielder / winger in the same mould as Boyle. Carmichael for me has not taken his limited chances he has had to show he has what it takes to be a regular first teamer.

I like what I've seen from Carmichael in the few games he's played in. Needs to stay fit but with a run of games, I think we have a decent winger there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-07-2016, 11:40 AM
Pawlett Hendo and a GK or ST?

CallumLaidlaw
25-07-2016, 11:41 AM

That is 20, add in possibly Crane, Martin and Insall we are up at 23. Bringing in 2 or 3 takes us up to 25 or more, that's too many and we won't run with that.

The official site has those 3 listed as first team players now, and as you have it, totals at 23. But then if another keeper comes in, Virtanen will surely go out on loan, and same with Insall maybe and a couple of others. Happy to see Martin & Crane given some more first team exposure tho

.Sean.
25-07-2016, 11:43 AM
I wouldn't be averse to giving Laidlaw the gloves for the time being.

we are hibs
25-07-2016, 11:45 AM
We can't be relying on Stanton and Harris. They aren't consistent enough at all and have had plenty of chances.

Forza Fred
25-07-2016, 11:58 AM
I'd stick Crane in the first team squad based on what I have seen of him, and wouldn't moan if Stanton was also added as a squad man.

Sadly I don't think Harris has a long term future at ER though, and Danny Handling's unfortunate battle with injuries must put a question mark over him too.

Keatings definitely deserves a reasonable run in the first team too.

Ozyhibby
25-07-2016, 12:02 PM
I still think Stanton, Harris and Handling will be away by sept 1st. Especially if we need to make room for Martin.

Brightside
25-07-2016, 12:07 PM

He was excellent against Birmingham. But he is playing behind the strikers rather than as a winger.

CapitalGreen
25-07-2016, 12:13 PM
He was excellent against Birmingham. But he is playing behind the strikers rather than as a winger.

In the last 2 competitive games he played we was also arguably our best player in both. MOTM against Alloa at home and then best of a bad bunch away to Dumbarton.

Finn2015
25-07-2016, 12:27 PM
By the way any serious suggestion who these players who could possibly come in are?

Dashing Bob S
25-07-2016, 12:33 PM
Perhaps Insall would benefit from another loan spell, perhaps to a scottish league 1 or lower championship side to see how he fairs at that level. Had a food season with East Fife but the jump from East Fife to hibs is pretty big. Think he's got potential but don't think he's ready yet for us.

Maybe let Stanton and Harris go? Not terrible players and i'm sure they will find another club but I'm not convinced they'll make the grade at hibs unfortunatly.

Conrad Logan had several and it didn't do him any harm.

MWHIBBIES
25-07-2016, 12:42 PM
If we sign the young keeper from west brom still feel we'll need another experienced keeper. Hope that's not 2 of 3 or 4 - feel we just need 1Every player in the world was inexperienced once. We aren't going to have 4 goalkeepers.

GreenOnions
25-07-2016, 12:47 PM

Virtanen
Laidlaw

Gray
Stevenson
McGregor
Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine

Harris
Carmichael
Boyle
Bartley
Fyvie
McGeouch
Handling
McGinn
Stanton

Cummings
Holt
Keatings

Yep - looking at that you've got to say that Harris, Stanton and possibly Carmichael look the most likely to be loaned out or even released - Handling as well once he's fit again.

GreenCastle
25-07-2016, 12:51 PM
I would think the squad may end up looking like this..

New GK
Laidlaw

Gary (currently injured)
Stevenson
McGregor
Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine
Crane
+ New full back

Carmichael
Boyle
Bartley
Fyvie (injured)
McGeouch
Handling (injured)
McGinn
Stanton
Harris (Loan?)
+New Wide player?

Cummings
Holt
Keatings
+New striker

Fergus52
25-07-2016, 12:54 PM
We can't be relying on Stanton and Harris. They aren't consistent enough at all and have had plenty of chances.

They're more than adequate as back up, Harris had the second most assists in the league last year, more than any player we had, in a far worse team than ours.

staunchhibby
25-07-2016, 02:07 PM
Why the desperation to get rid of sam and others.All on fresh start under lennon.

worcesterhibby
25-07-2016, 02:10 PM
The official site has those 3 listed as first team players now, and as you have it, totals at 23. But then if another keeper comes in, Virtanen will surely go out on loan, and same with Insall maybe and a couple of others. Happy to see Martin & Crane given some more first team exposure tho

Spot on, was just going to post the same. Virtanen and Insall out on loan, new experienced keeper, Centre forward and Henderson to come in.

Andy74
25-07-2016, 02:12 PM
They're more than adequate as back up, Harris had the second most assists in the league last year, more than any player we had, in a far worse team than ours.

I think that stat has been misinterpreted down the line - it was assists in relation to playing time that I saw and wasn't too clear what the actual basis for it was.

How many total assists did he actually get?

Ozyhibby
25-07-2016, 02:19 PM
Why the desperation to get rid of sam and others.All on fresh start under lennon.

So far they have not been good enough. I don't think we can afford to gamble on giving them yet another chance. We need promoted this season.

fishybeaver
25-07-2016, 02:26 PM
I think that stat has been misinterpreted down the line - it was assists in relation to playing time that I saw and wasn't too clear what the actual basis for it was.

Geo_1875
25-07-2016, 02:27 PM
So far they have not been good enough. I don't think we can afford to gamble on giving them yet another chance. We need promoted this season.

Nobody in the squad has been good enough to get us promoted in the last 2 seasons. Stanton and Harris have shown they have the skill and if they get the confidence back can both be important squad players.

JDHibs
25-07-2016, 02:31 PM
Insall & Virtanen out on loan.
1 or 2 of the following out on loan - Harris, Stanton, Crane & Martin
Palmer in from West Brom
Hearing from some sources that Hendo is coming in as he doesnt feature in Rodgers plans for this season.

Need another Striker so we have 4 decent options upfront, no names being mentioned at the minute as far as im aware...

Part from that would be happy to go into the season with what we have.

Ozyhibby
25-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Nobody in the squad has been good enough to get us promoted in the last 2 seasons. Stanton and Harris have shown they have the skill and if they get the confidence back can both be important squad players.

I disagree, Stubbs disagreed and I think by 1st sept we'll see that Lennon disagrees as well.

Baw187
25-07-2016, 02:35 PM

I disagree. They aren't at the same level of quality as the rest of the first team squad and we can't afford to have these guys blow on hot and cold each week.

Martin and Crane both look like they have the quality and can be nurtured in to the first team set up, but not the others IMO.

Smartie
25-07-2016, 02:35 PM
Our reserve team just beat Birmingham City.

I wouldn't rule anyone out from being at least a squad player at this stage.

Fergus52
25-07-2016, 02:37 PM

According to ESPN only 9 but that's still the second most in the league, 3 more than McGinn and Henderson who played more minutes in a better team.

Under the right manager Harris is easily good enough for us.

scoopyboy
25-07-2016, 02:41 PM

IMO we can't muck about waiting to find out if they are good enough for Lennon this season.

If we bring players in as is expected then others have to go out. Time is of the essence.

Ozyhibby
25-07-2016, 03:00 PM
From the players point of view, none of the three can afford to be squad player anymore. If they are not to be first picks then they should be demanding a move.

Iain G
25-07-2016, 03:25 PM
From the players point of view, none of the three can afford to be squad player anymore. If they are not to be first picks then they should be demanding a move.

Would think that them going out on loan would depend on whether Lennon thinks they are good enough and / or whether he wants to bring in other players in their positions, but from their own career point of view, they either cement a place in our team this next 6 months or they need to go and get regular football elsewhere. :agree:

macd123
25-07-2016, 03:44 PM
We can't last the season with only 3 strikers. We need another powerful striker in case Holt gets injured.

CallumLaidlaw
25-07-2016, 04:03 PM
We can't last the season with only 3 strikers. We need another powerful striker in case Holt gets injured.

Exactly or we'll be in the Farid situation all over again.

Finn2015
25-07-2016, 04:11 PM

Agree 100 percent. We need another forward

Gmack7
25-07-2016, 04:47 PM
If we're loaning players let's make it to teams who can take points of Falkirk and Dundee utd.

CallumHibs07
25-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Falkirk will be no threat to us. They overachieved last season and have already lost 2 of their best players. United have nothing that concerns me either.

Diclonius
25-07-2016, 04:52 PM
If we're loaning players let's make it to teams who can take points of Falkirk and Dundee utd.

Exactly. Let's send a few on loan to Dunfermline, probably the only team they hate more than us.

HibbyAndy
25-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Falkirk will be no threat to us. They overachieved last season and have already lost 2 of their best players. United have nothing that concerns me either.

Exactly how i see it.

Hibs will pish this league next season by an absolute mile.

neil7908
25-07-2016, 06:05 PM
I would think the squad may end up looking like this..

New GK
Laidlaw

Gary (currently injured)
Stevenson
McGregor
Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine
Crane
+ New full back

Carmichael
Boyle
Bartley
Fyvie (injured)
McGeouch
Handling (injured)
McGinn
Stanton
Harris (Loan?)
+New Wide player?

Cummings
Holt
Keatings
+New striker

Think that's spot on. 4 new players needed and those are the exact positions I'd go for.

Yuillsy
25-07-2016, 06:11 PM
Exactly how i see it.

You've always been a confident ******* Drew!!!!

Dashing Bob S
25-07-2016, 06:28 PM
Exactly how i see it.

It will be pished so easily that they will have to erect flood barriers in the Forth Estuary as the increased urine flow will swell it's waters to the extent that it becomes a danger to the local population.

HibbyAndy
25-07-2016, 06:30 PM
You've always been a confident ******* Drew!!!!

Ken me G :thumbsup:

Like someone else said mate, We have the best midfield in Scotland never mind this Mickey mouse league ! Sooner we are out this hell hole the better, Just cannot for the life of me see Dundee utd Or Falkirk being anywhere near us this season.

snooky
25-07-2016, 06:35 PM

:agree: We need (another) powerful striker - full stop.

Greenworld
25-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Think that's spot on. 4 new players needed and those are the exact positions I'd go for.
New midfield player it's too young an old head required

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Greenworld
25-07-2016, 06:56 PM
It will be pished so easily that they will have to erect flood barriers in the Forth Estuary as the increased urine flow will swell it's waters to the extent that it becomes a danger to the local population.
No it won't I assume your joking

Hibee87
25-07-2016, 07:33 PM
New midfield player it's too young an old head required

Bartley is 29 is he not?

But I'd take commons if possible

Greenworld
25-07-2016, 07:42 PM
Bartley is 29 is he not?

But I'd take commons if possible
Yes soz I meant playmaker

Dashing Bob S
26-07-2016, 02:46 AM
No it won't I assume your joking

I've been more serious in all my life. Never heard of global warming and rising tidal levels? If we were to pish the league that easy it could tip the balance and flood the city. I think we should all head for high ground this season.

Ergye
26-07-2016, 03:46 AM
I've been more serious in all my life. Never heard of global warming and rising tidal levels? If we were to pish the league that easy it could tip the balance and flood the city. I think we should all head for high ground this season.

We already own the moral high ground.

We should go directly to solid high ground (Calton Hill), and micturate on all the Jambos sloshing about beneath us in this fetid pish, in their crap pink shirts, and not throw them any help to get back to their usual spot of standing beneath a grown man with his willy out on top of this famous Edinburgh landmark. They truly are Edinburgh's disgrace.

Finn2015
26-07-2016, 08:13 AM

We should go directly to solid high ground (Calton Hill), and micturate on all the Jambos sloshing about beneath us in this fetid pish, in their crap pink shirts, and not throw them any help to get back to their usual spot of standing beneath a grown man with his willy out on top of this famous Edinburgh landmark. They truly are Edinburgh's disgrace.

So I take it you don't have any liking for the yams 😂👍👍

seanoheimhin
26-07-2016, 09:04 AM

Same goes for Handling IMO. Has consistently shown himself to be a soft touch, so easy to push off the ball. Not to mention tactically unaware. Not good enough.

Smartie
26-07-2016, 09:45 AM

With all this pish sloshing around in the Forth, it's little wonder that Gary Locke has positioned himself in Kirkcaldy. Presumably he's anticipating some sort of tidal wave of joy.

Mikey09
26-07-2016, 09:49 AM
Brian Graham at Ross County doesn't seem very happy there the now. I'd take him. Big powerful lad who scores goals and works his socks off.

26-07-2016, 09:53 AM
Come on hibs get something unveilled :thumbsup:

LordBamba
26-07-2016, 10:09 AM
Hibernian manager Neil Lennon is hopeful of persuading Celtic to allow Liam Henderson to move permanently to the Edinburgh club, where the 20-year-old midfielder spent last season on loan. (The Sun, print edition) Lifted from bbc gossip

BH Hibs
26-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Hibernian manager Neil Lennon is hopeful of persuading Celtic to allow Liam Henderson to move permanently to the Edinburgh club, where the 20-year-old midfielder spent last season on loan. (The Sun, print edition) Lifted from bbc gossip
:hyper

hibeedonald
26-07-2016, 10:26 AM
A GK and hendo would do me. If we aren't looking home and dry around January then I would invest further. The defence hasnt looked this solid in a long time.

ivan03
26-07-2016, 10:38 AM
Hendo wants to come back to Hibs but not as a loan, he wants to be a Hibs player. Doesn't want another loan then have to go back to Celtic and be in this situation again next year. He wants to be a Hibs player. so if Hibs can get an affordable agreement it'll be happening!

We also enquired about Scott Bain from Dundee, but they want a million, full stop which we obviously can't afford. Bain would come to us in a heart beat, shame about the fee required.

nellio
26-07-2016, 10:40 AM
A million!!! Surely he cant be worth that much!!

ivan03
26-07-2016, 10:44 AM
A million!!! Surely he cant be worth that much!!

He just signed a new 3 year contract last year. That's the price they put on him, was the same when Celtic were linked with him not long ago. Would be a great signing for Hibs and one Bain would welcome too.

The Captain....
26-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Ive been impressed by Bain whenever Ive seen Dundee, think he's contracted til the close of the 2017/2018 season tho so Dundee wouldn;t be in any rush to sell, hence the million valuation. You dont ask you dont get tho and if true Im pleased we're showing that level of ambition.

Eyrie
26-07-2016, 11:24 AM
A GK and hendo would do me. If we aren't looking home and dry around January then I would invest further. The defence hasnt looked this solid in a long time.

We need another striker to provide cover for Holt.

Anything else would be a bonus.

gogsy23
26-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Would scott bain come to hibs?? I highly doubt it personally. One off the consistent keepers in scotland and always improving. Wouldnt be far off a transfer fee of 500k imo

Ozyhibby
26-07-2016, 12:18 PM
Would scott bain come to hibs?? I highly doubt it personally. One off the consistent keepers in scotland and always improving. Wouldnt be far off a transfer fee of 500k imo

Sometimes it's worth paying a fee if it gets you the right player. It worked last year with McGinn. The club could fund this deal if the player wanted to come.

NAE NOOKIE
26-07-2016, 12:45 PM
Sometimes it's worth paying a fee if it gets you the right player. It worked last year with McGinn. The club could fund this deal if the player wanted to come.

I'm not ITK ..... but if Hibs spent half a million on any player I would start checking the bottom of my garden for fairies :greengrin

Fergus52
26-07-2016, 01:59 PM
I'm not ITK ..... but if Hibs spent half a million on any player I would start checking the bottom of my garden for fairies :greengrin

I'm pretty sure we spent close to that on either O'Brien or Makalamby

NthCarolinaHibs
26-07-2016, 02:16 PM
I'm pretty sure we spent close to that on either O'Brien or Makalamby

Money well spent,on AOB...

Ozyhibby
26-07-2016, 02:28 PM

We have done so before.

gogsy23
26-07-2016, 02:29 PM

Sorry didnt mean it from a financial point of view. I meant that being a big jambo would he come to hibs? I doubt it,he had the chance to sign for us after leaving aberdeen and didnt and dont see anythings changed.

snooky
26-07-2016, 06:36 PM
Money well spent,on AOB...

Alas we didn't by the BSA that should have come with him.

Unseen work
26-07-2016, 09:01 PM
What on earth is happening with Alex Palmer?

Andy74
26-07-2016, 09:03 PM
What on earth is happening with Alex Palmer?

I'm wondering if he decided after seeing the others that he needed to prioritise an undoubted number one. Otherwise we have 3 young or not really proven keepers.

Matty_Jack04
26-07-2016, 09:13 PM
3 in this week Henderson commons permanent deals pawlett loan

Ozyhibby
26-07-2016, 09:14 PM
I'm wondering if he decided after seeing the others that he needed to prioritise an undoubted number one. Otherwise we have 3 young or not really proven keepers.

That would be my guess. We shouldn't need to scrimp here. We must be reasonably flush just now after the cup runs etc.

stantonhibby
26-07-2016, 09:16 PM

I would prefer if we got in a proven experienced keeper tbh

Ergye
26-07-2016, 09:17 PM

Henderson will be deliveeeeeeeeered by the end of the week. :flag:

Alex Trager
26-07-2016, 09:25 PM

Keeper is an absolute priority so I don't see all of these above a keeper

Unseen work
26-07-2016, 09:42 PM

I take it that's all guesswork?

if that was to happen we would need to get rid of about 6 players

snooky
26-07-2016, 10:21 PM
Henderson will be deliveeeeeeeeered by the end of the week. :flag:

What's keeping you, Hibs? :wink:

Colr
26-07-2016, 10:28 PM

Job share?

Brightside
26-07-2016, 10:46 PM

various twitter accounts have just copied it form the PM board. Henderson done, Commons very close, Pawlett coming, Palmer done. AN Other Striker coming on loan.

Unseen work
26-07-2016, 11:02 PM
various twitter accounts have just copied it form the PM board. Henderson done, Commons very close, Pawlett coming, Palmer done. AN Other Striker coming on loan.

If that all comes in that is unbelievable business and provides massive competition for places.

who would be as a transfer and who as a loan?

must mean the end for guys like

insall
harris
stanton
handling

Scott Allan Key
26-07-2016, 11:10 PM

I take it Palmer for first choice and an investment for Hibs to develop? Read on here he was a stand-out for Kidderminster Harriers but not sure what level that is. A pacy striker or one in mound of Holt?

Greenworld
27-07-2016, 05:52 AM
And that would be one he'll of a strong squad ...
Who is Palmer though

GloryGlory
27-07-2016, 05:56 AM
And that would be one he'll of a strong squad ...
Who is Palmer though

Alex Palmer - WBA goalie who has been on trial.

GloryGlory
27-07-2016, 05:57 AM

Or send younger guys like Insall, Crane and Martin out on loan?

Greenworld
27-07-2016, 05:58 AM
Alex Palmer - WBA goalie who has been on trial.
Thanks

Wonder who the on loan striker could be ...

Matty_Jack04
27-07-2016, 06:12 AM

dont think we'd need to get rid of anyone, not from the squad that finished last year anyway it's not the best news for Stanton I would guess tough ask to get in that midfield adding hendo and commons, surprised at bringing in pawlett not sure he can play on the left? Boyle and Harris seem to have impressed NL strange to bring in another

sambajustice
27-07-2016, 07:17 AM
Keeper is an absolute priority so I don't see all of these above a keeper

Keeper isn't a priority if we score 10 goals every game...

If we get all those players I'm expecting 106 points this season minimum...

:-D

S4uzee
27-07-2016, 07:36 AM

Very little chance of Commons according to the daily record but that is Keith Jackson ....

Dublin07
27-07-2016, 07:49 AM
Very little chance of Commons according to the daily record but that is Keith Jackson ....

In that case it's a done deal

Cocaine&Caviar
27-07-2016, 07:55 AM
A Henderson deal would signal a return to 4312 this season, or 'the diamond'; something i was keen to get away from.

CapitalGreen
27-07-2016, 08:06 AM
A Henderson deal would signal a return to 4312 this season, or 'the diamond'; something i was keen to get away from.

No it wouldn't

Brightside
27-07-2016, 08:13 AM
No it wouldn't

433 4141 352 4231 4132 442 343.... The options with that squad are huge.

Ryan69
27-07-2016, 08:14 AM

Commons won't be coming.
Why would Celtic register him for European competition if he's not going tobe there?
Henderson seems like another year loan.
Don't want Pawlett

Callum_62
27-07-2016, 08:16 AM
Commons won't be coming.
Why would Celtic register him for European competition if he's not going tobe there?
Don't want Pawlett

Cheer up

:greengrin

southern hibby
27-07-2016, 08:24 AM

House lol

GGTTH

Golden Bear
27-07-2016, 08:26 AM
Commons won't be coming.
Don't want Pawlett

That's that then Ryan. I guess Mr Pawlett will be reconsidering since you don't like him. Life's a bitch at times.

Geo_1875
27-07-2016, 08:34 AM

Or 0131 212

Speedway
27-07-2016, 08:53 AM
Or 0131 212

Lennon could come in with a 1-2-3-4

Tobias Funke
27-07-2016, 08:55 AM

You are assuming that Lennons tactics are going to be identical to Stubbs, which just won't be the case. One hell of an assumption there.

TheGreenMan
27-07-2016, 09:22 AM
I think central midfield is our most covered area. Still take him obviously but certainly not the priority

Ryan69
27-07-2016, 10:51 AM
That's that then Ryan. I guess Mr Pawlett will be reconsidering since you don't like him. Life's a bitch at times.

I'd certainly hope so. 😂

Don't want that diving **** anywhere near ER

Ozyhibby
27-07-2016, 10:58 AM
Pawlett is a better player than we have, therefore I want him. That's my only consideration.

Geo_1875
27-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Pawlett is a better player than we have, therefore I want him. That's my only consideration.

In what position?

Cocaine&Caviar
27-07-2016, 11:21 AM
You are assuming that Lennons tactics are going to be identical to Stubbs, which just won't be the case. One hell of an assumption there.

Its more an assumption based upon the players at our disposal, mainly centre midfield. For me, McGinn & McGeouch are certain starters, with one of Fyvie/Bartley playing the holding role. I also think we will play 2 up top with Cummings & Holt. Therefore either Henderson comes into the team as the attacking point of the diamond, or we push 442, and have 2 of the above CMs playing wide.

tamig
27-07-2016, 11:24 AM

In what way is he better than what we have? A diver who flatters to deceive far too often imo.

EH54
27-07-2016, 11:28 AM
Not a big fan of Pawlett either but would take him at ER going by what i have seen of him, We have had a few divers in the past and were fan favorites at times if he does sign then that is part of his game I don't want to see at ER and would expect Lennon to drill it out of him.

Tobias Funke
27-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Its more an assumption based upon the players at our disposal, mainly centre midfield. For me, McGinn & McGeouch are certain starters, with one of Fyvie/Bartley playing the holding role. I also think we will play 2 up top with Cummings & Holt. Therefore either Henderson comes into the team as the attacking point of the diamond, or we push 442, and have 2 of the above CMs playing wide.

My point is you are suggestion a "return" to tactics of last season. We have a new manager. Lennon will have his own football philosophy and neither of us can know for sure how Lennon will use Henderson, if he does indeed re-sign for us.

Liam is a dynamic player, I don't see his role purely in the centre of the midfield. He has great crossing ability and could be used out wide too. Don't assume that because Henderson may be coming back that we will utilise him in exactly the same way.

CapitalGreen
27-07-2016, 11:33 AM
In what way is he better than what we have? A diver who flatters to deceive far too often imo.

Diving doesn't make you bad at football. Bale, Ronaldo and Robben have all been accused of being divers at some point and all have arguably been within the top 5 players over the last 5 years.

Bostonhibby
27-07-2016, 11:38 AM

Yep, I'd sooner give a fit Carmichael his chance to earn his place at Hibs.

hibsmad
27-07-2016, 11:42 AM
If Henderson on a permanent deal is a possibility then it would absolutely be my priority.

Yes we could really use a goalie, but in my opinion we will still win the league with Laidlaw in goals. Although I'm sure that if we signed Henderson that it wouldn't stop us signing another goalie too!

Looking at the bigger picture, Henderson is a quality player and will help us drive on once we get promoted. Also, I think the guy is going to be worth seven figures in a few years time so it makes sense financially as well.

Diclonius
27-07-2016, 11:51 AM
Lennon could come in with a 1-2-3-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NO-h9PFum4

Golden Bear
27-07-2016, 12:12 PM
Diving doesn't make you bad at football. Bale, Ronaldo and Robben have all been accused of being divers at some point and all have arguably been within the top 5 players over the last 5 years.

Exactly. I bet that most professional players have "went down easily" at some time in their careers, in fact some of the TV pundits criticise when a player has been too honest.

Great if you benefit from it but brutal when a decision goes against you. Maybe its just professionalism.

The Godfather
27-07-2016, 12:24 PM
[/COLOR]

Damn you!!!! This song will be in my head all day now

Andy74
27-07-2016, 12:25 PM

If a fit Carmichael exists then fine but he doesn't seem to be a natural winger anyway.

Pawlett has ability to get past people at pace. We lack that so would be a decent move.

I mind Fenlon tried to get him when he was on loan at St Johnstone but he probably played to well after that and Aberdeen began to play him.

Geo_1875
27-07-2016, 12:40 PM

Can you imagine any of those 3 getting a penalty in a Hibs jersey?

They'd have been hounded out of the game in Scotland.

West lower
27-07-2016, 01:06 PM
Exactly. I bet that most professional players have "went down easily" at some time in their careers, in fact some of the TV pundits criticise when a player has been too honest.

Great if you benefit from it but brutal when a decision goes against you. Maybe its just professionalism.

Frank Mcavennie never missed an opportunity to go down in the box.

snooky
27-07-2016, 01:55 PM
Frank Mcavennie never missed an opportunity to go down in the box.

:tsk tsk:

:cool2:

Finn2015
27-07-2016, 02:20 PM
Stuck at work with a phone that freezes. Any developments today or just more rumour

Iain G
27-07-2016, 02:37 PM
[/COLOR]

Aarrgghhh! I had wiped that from my brain you swine!!! :greengrin:na na:

yerauldda
27-07-2016, 02:54 PM
EEN now reporting we have bid for Henderson, loan with a view to a permanent deal. Waiting on response from Celtic..
Hibs confident of getting their man in coming days

Real Emerald
27-07-2016, 04:45 PM
EEN now reporting we have bid for Henderson, loan with a view to a permanent deal. Waiting on response from Celtic..
Hibs confident of getting their man in coming days

Seems a bit strange. If we want him on a permanent deal getting him on another loan seems a bit daft. The likely outcome is he plays well and his price goes up or others are alerted that could pay more than us. If a loan is all we can get then that's fine but a loan leading to a permanent deal just doesn't make sense to me.

CRAZYHIBBY
27-07-2016, 04:46 PM
This week has been so busy on the transfer front that my head is spinning

bingo70
27-07-2016, 04:48 PM
Seems a bit strange. If we want him on a permanent deal getting him on another loan seems a bit daft. The likely outcome is he plays well and his price goes up or others are alerted that could pay more than us. If a loan is all we can get then that's fine but a loan leading to a permanent deal just doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe it's based on an agreed fee we can only afford if we get promoted?

CapitalGreen
27-07-2016, 04:50 PM

Allows Celtic the option to retain him next year if they want and us the option to retain him if they don't.

bingo70
27-07-2016, 04:51 PM

Bit dissapointing tbh

Assuming there won't be any activity today then that just leaves Thursday/Friday for our 'busy week'.

Greater scheme of things signing someone on the Monday or the Friday won't make any difference but I'm dissapointed we've only managed to add one player to the team, especially with such good season ticket numbers and on the back of a cup win.

Real Emerald
27-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Maybe it's based on an agreed fee we can only afford if we get promoted?
But if he is brilliant this season and he gets an international call up he could be wanted by other clubs willing to pay much more than us. I just don't see why Celtic would be willing to agree a fixed fee now. Who knows!

snooky
27-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Bit dissapointing tbh

Assuming there won't be any activity today then that just leaves Thursday/Friday for our 'busy week'.

Greater scheme of things signing someone on the Monday or the Friday won't make any difference but I'm dissapointed we've only managed to add one player to the team, especially with such good season ticket numbers and on the back of a cup win.

:agree: Hope this is not going to be deja vu all over again :ill:

Dashing Bob S
27-07-2016, 05:02 PM
If The Cat isn't on this thread, I tend not to stick around...

southsider
27-07-2016, 05:12 PM
If The Cat isn't on this thread, I tend not to stick around...

BR with Celtic at champs league. Wait until he gets back home

IanM
27-07-2016, 05:28 PM
Liam Henderson played for Celtic's development team against Liverpool at Cappielow earlier. Nothing agreed with Hibs yet.

Kenny Millar of the Sun

Ozyhibby
27-07-2016, 05:45 PM

Assuming a fit Carmichael exists, what makes you think he is better than Pawlett?
He's a year older than Pawlett and has never played in the top flight.
Pawlett has over 150 games at that level and represented Scotland u21 level.
I can't see how you would think Carmichael is the better option?

Real Emerald
27-07-2016, 06:05 PM
Liam Henderson played for Celtic's development team against Liverpool at Cappielow earlier. Nothing agreed with Hibs yet.

Kenny Millar of the Sun

Maybe the club should send him a letter about being on the pitch on 21 May and ask him to attend an 'interview'. 😀 Don't let him out until he agrees to sign.

Ronniekirk
27-07-2016, 06:14 PM
Well if your head is spinning now just think what it will doing by the end of the week when we have made all those signings

Spike Mandela
27-07-2016, 06:14 PM

:greengrin:agree:......if this is a busy week on the transfer front I'd hate to see a quiet one:wink:

Finn2015
27-07-2016, 06:32 PM
Get a sinking feeling this busy week will pass with a damp squib

BH Hibs
27-07-2016, 07:15 PM
Wouldn't have been expecting much with Celtic having a game today tbh.

Ronniekirk
27-07-2016, 07:20 PM

Stop fretting Finn Sit back and wait for the Fireworks from The Scottish Cup Holders
Be positive

Greenworld
27-07-2016, 07:29 PM
All is good sir Tom has ensured it will be so £££

Bostonhibby
27-07-2016, 07:42 PM
Assuming a fit Carmichael exists, what makes you think he is better than Pawlett?
He's a year older than Pawlett and has never played in the top flight.
Pawlett has over 150 games at that level and represented Scotland u21 level.
I can't see how you would think Carmichael is the better option?

My start point is I have never taken to pawlett. If he comes he gets my backing.

Heard enough about Carmichael from people whose opinion I value to say I'd like to see him get a crack if fit. Looked capable when I have seen him and we did sign him and most on here were pleased.

If the signings we are talking about on here are to come off then theirs a chance others will be moved on. I'd prefer to keep Carmichael (if fit).

Brightside
27-07-2016, 07:47 PM

relax. :wink:

Leith Mo
27-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Similar situation to before when a few (yes me included) called it a done deal with Dylan and lots were worried. As Underscore says above "Relax". Liam was always going to wear a Hibs jersey this season until management changes interfered but all back on track now. As I said before: "He's one of our own!"

Edinburgh Green
27-07-2016, 08:15 PM
Similar situation to before when a few (yes me included) called it a done deal with Dylan and lots were worried. As Underscore says above "Relax". Liam was always going to wear a Hibs jersey this season until management changes interfered but all back on track now. As I said before: "He's one of our own!"

Loan or permanent?

Franck Stanton
27-07-2016, 08:24 PM
It's all very well for the "ITK" posters to say "Relax" "Have patience" etc etc but us lesser mortals just need a wee bit reassurance as to what's going on, [if anything]. We are teased with "It's going to be a busy week in the transfer market this week", well folks, news flash - tomorrow is Thursday, only two working days of the week left and still nadda. Frustrating ? you bet it is. :confused::confused::confused:

SteveHFC
27-07-2016, 08:26 PM
It's all very well for the "ITK" posters to say "Relax" "Have patience" etc etc but us lesser mortals just need a wee bit reassurance as to what's going on, [if anything]. We are teased with "It's going to be a busy week in the transfer market this week", well folks, news flash - tomorrow is Thursday, only two working days of the week left and still nadda. Frustrating ? you bet it is. :confused::confused::confused:

Chill mate. Big news is on it's way. :greengrin

Franck Stanton
27-07-2016, 08:31 PM

Care to share ? When ? Who? How many ? Even a wee clue. TEASE.

AgentDaleCooper
27-07-2016, 08:36 PM

why relax when you can :hyper ?

ancient hibee
27-07-2016, 08:39 PM

Big news-a 7 foot striker?

hibee-boys
27-07-2016, 08:40 PM
I just can't see Lennon agreeing to taking over the job without some assurances around the playing budget. We've let a number of players go, exceeded the season ticket objective, all of this when combined with cup revenue must leave funds for some surprise signings......I only hope that's the case!!

ancient hibee
27-07-2016, 08:43 PM
Lennon is not going to sign anyone just because the money is there.He wants to improve the pool.

Brightside
27-07-2016, 08:48 PM
I just can't see Lennon agreeing to taking over the job without some assurances around the playing budget. We've let a number of players go, exceeded the season ticket objective, all of this when combined with cup revenue must leave funds for some surprise signings......I only hope that's the case!!

there is no issue with playing budget. lennon wants the best he can get. It all coming....by the end of the transfer window we will have the 2nd best squad in scotland. We will win the League easily and next season we will be fighting out at the top of the premier.

Alfred E Newman
27-07-2016, 08:57 PM
Big news-a 7 foot striker?

Too late, Hearts have stepped in with a better offer.

Spike Mandela
27-07-2016, 08:58 PM
there is no issue with playing budget. lennon wants the best he can get. It all coming....by the end of the transfer window we will have the 2nd best squad in scotland. We will win the League easily and next season we will be fighting out at the top of the premier.

Like your confidence but this cocky, arrogant attitude doesn't sit well with me. I can't see Dundee Utd or Falkirk trembling with fear at our current squad and not fancying their chances.

Anything we acheive we will have to graft for and new signings better be good and hit the ground running not take weeks to get up to speed.

Brightside
27-07-2016, 09:05 PM
Like your confidence but this cocky, arrogant attitude doesn't sit well with me. I can't see Dundee Utd or Falkirk trembling with fear at our current squad and not fancying their chances.

Anything we acheive we will have to graft for and new signings better be good and hit the ground running not take weeks to get up to speed.

Even with no signings we are much stronger than both those teams. Its not cocky its just a fact and the players can see that and we have seen that in the way they have approached early games this season...we are playing with a purpose no longer just keeping the ball and playing nice football...now creating chance after chance. If that attitude continues we have nothing to fear. Its going to be a great season.

Spike Mandela
27-07-2016, 09:20 PM
Even with no signings we are much stronger than both those teams. Its not cocky its just a fact and the players can see that and we have seen that in the way they have approached early games this season...we are playing with a purpose no longer just keeping the ball and playing nice football...now creating chance after chance. If that attitude continues we have nothing to fear. Its going to be a great season.

Yes I'm looking forward to the new season and hope it's the skoosh you suggest but 2nd best squad in Scotland is a rather bold claim.

Skyegreen
27-07-2016, 09:22 PM
🙏 a deal can be reached for Henderson but I worry that an Aberdeen or even a Rotherham might come in and pay what Celtic are asking 😩

hibee316
27-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Lennon is not going to sign anyone just because the money is there.He wants to improve the pool.

A diving board per chance? Or a wave machine?

:)

GreenNWhiteArmy
27-07-2016, 09:42 PM

Flumes surely?

:-)

J-C
27-07-2016, 09:54 PM
Flumes surely?

:-)

Or a big raft like at the old Porto outdoor pool

Eyrie
27-07-2016, 09:56 PM

If it's the former then we know Pawlett will be signing :wink:

livi hibs 1875
27-07-2016, 10:01 PM
2nd best squad in Scotland . Big statement

Ergye
27-07-2016, 10:17 PM
2nd best squad in Scotland . Big statement

It's a fact. I wouldn't take anyone from Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hearts or any other of these smaller provincial clubs with crap, incomplete stadiums and council rented training facilities. I'd only take Barton from Sevco, and only under the proviso that he tweets a photo of himself in his Hibs top on signing day with the message 'the Queen is dead boys, and it's so lonely on a limb'.

IWasThere2016
27-07-2016, 11:22 PM
We MUST get a bl**dy move on!

Recall posts about 6 weeks ago - after Pars, Arabs etc were signing players - asking when we'd sign players!

KO is a week Saturday ffs!

MWHIBBIES
27-07-2016, 11:24 PM

Recall posts about 6 weeks ago - after Pars, Arabs etc were signing players - asking when we'd sign players!

KO is a week Saturday ffs!They desperately need to sign players, we don't. We have a settled, quality squad that needs 2/3 additions max.

GreenLake
27-07-2016, 11:32 PM
I don't know whether to wear a Hibs shirt or a Galaxy shirt to the Chelsea Liverpool game tonight.

Brightside
27-07-2016, 11:41 PM

and they have signed utter tosh... quality not quantity.

Phil MaGlass
28-07-2016, 05:13 AM
were in no rush as a previous poster said we have a settled squad, what would be good is the signing of Hendo

BSEJVT
28-07-2016, 05:18 AM
Or a big raft like at the old Porto outdoor pool

or slides with razor blades chewing gummed into the sides of them like the old Portobello Outdoor Pool so they would cut you to pieces on the way down:greengrin

BlackSheep
28-07-2016, 05:26 AM
A lot of worried fans on here....

Lennon anticipated a busy week this week and we have heard nothing.

What a lot of you are failing to remember is that 90% of a transfer is done behind closed doors and nothing is announced or publicly talked about until it's over the line or at least almost a done deal....

Lennon could announce a raft of signings over the ne t couple of days or even first thing Monday and it would have been a busy week.... Even if he doesn't get his man/men then it could still have been a busy week enquiring and negotiating.

Patience, our squad needs a few but it's still very strong as it is.... The Birmingham game showed that.

Steve20
28-07-2016, 06:45 AM
were in no rush as a previous poster said we have a settled squad, what would be good is the signing of Hendo

We play a team in 9 days that finished above us and beat us in the playoffs. Since then we've lost about 5/6 players and brought in 1.

I'd say being ready for the start of the season rather than the end of August was a must this season, so we're not slow out the blocks again.

scoopyboy
28-07-2016, 06:46 AM
Goalie due in today according to Radio Forth sports update at 7.30am

scoopyboy
28-07-2016, 06:48 AM
We play a team in 9 days that finished above us and beat us in the playoffs. Since then we've lost about 5/6 players and brought in 1.

I'd say being ready for the start of the season rather than the end of August was a must this season, so we're not slow out the blocks again.

We could sign five players today so that we can play them next week against Falkirk, but they could be crap and then we are saddled with them.

Take time and get it right.

h185forever
28-07-2016, 06:54 AM
I'm somewhere in the middle ...we could wait ...but if we start slow the league could well be beyond us again .....we do need some more/different players than we have just now.

i think it's about doing whatever is required to get the pipeline deals over the line by the end of this week and that for me would be the ideal position.

in Lennon we trust .....

aussie_hibee
28-07-2016, 06:57 AM

That may be the case but since then, we've put in some good performances, beat brondby away, spanked Motherwell and beat a nearly full strength Birmingham team with almost our second string.

bingo70
28-07-2016, 07:00 AM
Goalie due in today according to Radio Forth sports update at 7.30am

In the sun today we are interested in Brian Murphy, 33 year old Irishman, used to play for Portsmouth.

Anyone know if he's any good?

h185forever
28-07-2016, 07:08 AM
I don't doubt the figure is doing the rounds ........sounds just too similar to the Griffiths story when all we had to find ..but couldn't / wouldn't was....wait for it .....£150k

if Hendo is as good as many on here think ......I think he's the the new messiah myself...then Celtic would be looking for a bit more than £150k....

if if it is right then I'd happily chip in to get it done !!!.... We could buy him for the club !!!

GloryGlory
28-07-2016, 07:10 AM
In the sun today we are interested in Brian Murphy, 33 year old Irishman, used to play for Portsmouth.

Anyone know if he's any good?

He was quite funny with Yootha Joyce in George and Mildred! :greengrin

KeithTheHibby
28-07-2016, 07:27 AM

What difference does that make regarding other teams? Would you have taken any players Dunfermline or Dundee United got? I know I wouldn't.

The squad doesn't need a massive overhaul so it's about quality over quantity. If it takes us until the end of the window to get players such as Commons, Henderson and Pawlett then it will be worth it.

tamig
28-07-2016, 07:39 AM

I think a settled keeper is all we really need. Our squad is strong and early indications are that Lennon will be capable of fully utilising that squad to do the business this season.

I don't think Falkirk will do anything like they did last season. How many times in the past have we seen a raft of signings arrive and maybe one in five of them have been half decent? We will be ready for a week on Saturday.

snooky
28-07-2016, 07:51 AM
A lot of worried fans on here....

Lennon anticipated a busy week this week and we have heard nothing.

What a lot of you are failing to remember is that 90% of a transfer is done behind closed doors and nothing is announced or publicly talked about until it's over the line or at least almost a done deal....

Lennon could announce a raft of signings over the ne t couple of days or even first thing Monday and it would have been a busy week.... Even if he doesn't get his man/men then it could still have been a busy week enquiring and negotiating.

Patience, our squad needs a few but it's still very strong as it is.... The Birmingham game showed that.

What a lot of us do remember though is last minute panic buying before the window closed and we ended up with the dregs.

While I don't expect the same scenario this time round, it is understandable the concerned feelings of some.

GlesgaeHibby
28-07-2016, 07:54 AM
It's a fact. I wouldn't take anyone from Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hearts or any other of these smaller provincial clubs with crap, incomplete stadiums and council rented training facilities. I'd only take Barton from Sevco, and only under the proviso that he tweets a photo of himself in his Hibs top on signing day with the message 'the Queen is dead boys, and it's so lonely on a limb'.

Seriously? You don't think McGinn, Shinnie, Rooney or McLean would add something to our team?

I notice in the BBC gossip column this morning we're apparently interested in ex-Portsmouth goalie Brian Murphy.

CapitalGreen
28-07-2016, 07:54 AM
I would have no issues if we started the season with our current squad.

Aldo
28-07-2016, 08:10 AM
Maybe not right thread but see Kane Hemmings has signed for Oxford United for undisclosed fee.

Big big loss for Dundee who I think will struggle to replace that amount of goals!

Andy74
28-07-2016, 08:16 AM

I would. It's weaker than last season's squad that finished third.

The Leith Dutch
28-07-2016, 08:19 AM

I'd agree.

As for finishing third last season - that wasn't about the players we had or didn't have.
It was about how they badly they played mid February to mid April when we picked up 6 points from 9 games.

Wasn't like we were particularly racked with injuries either.

CapitalGreen
28-07-2016, 08:23 AM
I would. It's weaker than last season's squad that finished third.

I'd back our new management team to get much more from the squad than their predecessors against the likes of Alloa and Dumbarton.

Andy74
28-07-2016, 08:27 AM
I'd back our new management team to get much more from the squad than their predecessors against the likes of Alloa and Dumbarton.

I don't think it's as simple as that.

What happens if we do a Farid and Holt gets injured next week? Or Cummings?

We are still pretty short. Guys like Harris and Stanton are filling out places just now and have failed to be any sort of answer over the past few years.

I fully expect the 3 or 4 signings at least that we will certainly need.

Zazu62
28-07-2016, 08:28 AM

Half the Aberdeen team would walk into our side

Brightside
28-07-2016, 08:34 AM

Could you name this half team please.

Dalianwanda
28-07-2016, 08:34 AM

Honestly? What 5/6 would replace which 5/6 Hibs players?

scoopyboy
28-07-2016, 08:35 AM
He was quite funny with Yootha Joyce in George and Mildred! :greengrin

Funny you should say that, when I read the name we were linked with I instantly thought of him with a Hibs goalies top on.

For that reason alone I think we should leave well alone. :greengrin

Brightside
28-07-2016, 08:36 AM
Maybe not right thread but see Kane Hemmings has signed for Oxford United for undisclosed fee.

Big big loss for Dundee who I think will struggle to replace that amount of goals!

250k buyout clause. Surprised no one in scotland would pay that.

scoopyboy
28-07-2016, 08:38 AM
I don't think it's as simple as that.

What happens if we do a Farid and Holt gets injured next week? Or Cummings?

We are still pretty short. Guys like Harris and Stanton are filling out places just now and have failed to be any sort of answer over the past few years.

I fully expect the 3 or 4 signings at least that we will certainly need.

My concern as well.

I'm wondering if the fact that we can get loans outwith the transfer windows is playing a part in Hibs thinking. One of the perks of being in the Championship as opposed to top league!!!!

I hope not.

Aldo
28-07-2016, 08:45 AM
250k buyout clause. Surprised no one in scotland would pay that.

That's a steal!!

Dundee gonnae struggle I think!!

They conceded a fair few but Stewart's and Hemmings goals at the other end prevented a relegation battle!!

Zazu62
28-07-2016, 09:07 AM

Rooney, McLean, McGinn, Hayes, Shinnie, Logan

Brightside
28-07-2016, 09:20 AM
Rooney, McLean, McGinn, Hayes, Shinnie, Logan

I'll take Shinnie to add to our squad, and mcginn. Im not sure who you are going to drop from the Hibs team for these players

yerauldda
28-07-2016, 09:26 AM
Lewis

Gray Mcgregor Hanlon Shinnie

Mclean Mcginn Mcgeouch

McGinn Cummings Hayes

To suggest that their players couldn't get in our team is ridiculous.. They've been excellent for two years.

TonyStokeprano
28-07-2016, 09:35 AM

Shinnie,McLean, mcginn, rooney, hayes.
ryan jack,neil alexander and miles storey would at least make the bench aswell.

Diclonius
28-07-2016, 09:39 AM
The Sun says we're being linked with ex-Portsmouth keeper Brian Murphy, who is also chatting to some Irish teams.

I'm starting to think Lennon may have missed out on his 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices.

Smartie
28-07-2016, 09:40 AM
Lewis

Mclean Mcginn Mcgeouch

McGinn Cummings Hayes

To suggest that their players couldn't get in our team is ridiculous.. They've been excellent for two years.

The most bonkers position for Lewis to play since Fenlon shunted him over to right-back.

mim
28-07-2016, 09:43 AM
The most bonkers position for Lewis to play since Fenlon shunted him over to right-back.

:wink:

Skyegreen
28-07-2016, 09:45 AM
Thursday and still no signing 🙄 busy week in the transfer market right enough 😩

Brightside
28-07-2016, 09:48 AM
Lewis

Mclean Mcginn Mcgeouch

McGinn Cummings Hayes

That team would get steamrolled.

James70
28-07-2016, 09:52 AM
The Sun says we're being linked with ex-Portsmouth keeper Brian Murphy, who is also chatting to some Irish teams.

I'm starting to think Lennon may have missed out on his 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices.

George Roper??? :shocked:

spike220
28-07-2016, 09:52 AM

He just said it would be a busy week. But didn't say we would be involved.

Paloschi
28-07-2016, 09:55 AM
I would take Ryan Jack over Fyvie and Bartley. Not saying I dont rate them but think Ryan Jack is the most underrated player in Scotland.

I wouldn't mind Niall McGinn to play off or behind the strikers. Shinnie would be an improvement on Lewis to be honest. Wouldn't take McLean and I would 100% prefer McGeouch or McGinn any day.

So in total probably 3 players would get into our team IMO. Shinnie, Jack and Niall McGinn. I don't know about their keeper.

seanoheimhin
28-07-2016, 09:58 AM
I'll take Shinnie to add to our squad, and mcginn. Im not sure who you are going to drop from the Hibs team for these players

Barring Griffiths, Rooney has been the best striker in Scotland for the last two years - and he wouldn't get into our team?!

seanoheimhin
28-07-2016, 09:59 AM
Approaching Thursday afternoon and squat - it seems like Henderson is coming but nothing confirmed. So much for a 'busy week'.

J-C
28-07-2016, 10:03 AM
I don't doubt the figure is doing the rounds ........sounds just too similar to the Griffiths story when all we had to find ..but couldn't / wouldn't was....wait for it .....£150k

if Hendo is as good as many on here think ......I think he's the the new messiah myself...then Celtic would be looking for a bit more than £150k....

if if it is right then I'd happily chip in to get it done !!!.... We could buy him for the club !!!

It was £50k,Griffiths dad told me in the cab months ago, Petrie walked in and offered £50K and was shown the door, embarrassed himself, he said Leigh would've jumped at the chance to sign permanently.

Borderhibbie76
28-07-2016, 10:06 AM
Oh the bed wetters are out in force this morning...let's do a killie and sign 10 new players just to appease the fans...who cares of they are all Tom kite...honestly some folk

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
28-07-2016, 10:06 AM

Barring Griffiths, Rooney has been the best striker in Scotland for the last two years - and he wouldn't get into our team?!

Do your weeks typically end on a Thursday morning? or just looking for another excuse to moan?

HibsNutter
28-07-2016, 10:07 AM
Perhaps it has been very busy behind the scenes, until now.

Make a few announcements today and tomorrow, with the ST deadline a day away. People rush to buy ST's.

Gordy M
28-07-2016, 10:07 AM
Approaching Thursday afternoon and squat - it seems like Henderson is coming but nothing confirmed. So much for a 'busy week'.

Ah another who thinks that Lennon and the board can only have a busy week doing transfers if its detailed on here?? Surely they can be busy with deals behind the scenes?

IanM
28-07-2016, 10:14 AM
George Roper??? :shocked:

I'd imagine he'd be signing for Hearts? Can see the back of his strip already..

G.Roper

bingo70
28-07-2016, 10:40 AM
Oh the bed wetters are out in force this morning...let's do a killie and sign 10 new players just to appease the fans...who cares of they are all Tom kite...honestly some folk

Why do people that want signings automatically want just anyone, even if they're *****?

I want us to have more than one player in by now, I want us to have a first choice keeper and I'd like all signings to be good.

We were told with the new system in place that it wouldn't make a difference if the manager changed, not seeing much evidence of that so far.

Big L
28-07-2016, 10:47 AM
Brian Murphy ex Portsmouth keeper on Lennons radar.

Borderhibbie76
28-07-2016, 10:48 AM
Why do people that want signings automatically want just anyone, even if they're *****?

I want us to have more than one player in by now, I want us to have a first choice keeper and I'd like all signings to be good.

We were told with the new system in place that it wouldn't make a difference if the manager changed, not seeing much evidence of that so far.
Why look at things so negatively - we have the majority of a squad that just won the Scottish Cup and we are in are in weaker championship than the last 2 years - our squad is strong there will be additions (quality not quantity) I just don't get the panic on here from some??

Andy74
28-07-2016, 10:52 AM
Why look at things so negatively - we have the majority of a squad that just won the Scottish Cup and we are in are in weaker championship than the last 2 years - our squad is strong there will be additions (quality not quantity) I just don't get the panic on here from some??

Though to be honest we wouldn't have won the Scottish without Stokes, Henderson and possibly Logan!

Borderhibbie76
28-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Though to be honest we wouldn't have won the Scottish without Stokes, Henderson and possibly Logan!
True but we will end up with a better keeper than Logan I'm pretty certain of that, Hendo hopefully on way back and we have a strong front line which just needs some back-up

The Leith Dutch
28-07-2016, 11:11 AM
True but we will end up with a better keeper than Logan I'm pretty certain of that

Yep - much as I loved the big guy (not least as I got to tell the missus she could tell her mates I had the body of a professional footballer) and his contributions cannot be understated I'd have been wary of him being the main man. Might be wrong and maybe he had a lott to offer if he was to be given the gloves.

When we're looking at keepers there's one thing I'd like to match Logan (or at least the Logan we saw in the semi against Utd) - coming off the line.
I think our keepers have been poor at that for a while and Logan, despite not looking athletic, was off his line brilliantly in that game.
Aside from being an asset defensively it let the whole team get further forward.

Always thought Oxley had excellent distribution too - good long throw to release the wing backs - same thing, keeps the team going forward.

Maybe Neuer would fit the bill :D

Borderhibbie76
28-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Yep - much as I loved the big guy (not least as I got to tell the missus she could tell her mates I had the body of a professional footballer) and his contributions cannot be understated I'd have been wary of him being the main man. Might be wrong and maybe he had a lott to offer if he was to be given the gloves.

When we're looking at keepers there's one thing I'd like to match Logan (or at least the Logan we saw in the semi against Utd) - coming off the line.
I think our keepers have been poor at that for a while and Logan, despite not looking athletic, was off his line brilliantly in that game.
Aside from being an asset defensively it let the whole team get further forward.

Always thought Oxley had excellent distribution too - good long throw to release the wing backs - same thing, keeps the team going forward.

Maybe Neuer would fit the bill :D
Ah now there's a thought...🤔

scoopyboy
28-07-2016, 11:15 AM

I would go further, we wouldn't have won it if Rangers hadn't beaten Celtic on penalties.

Andy74
28-07-2016, 11:28 AM
True but we will end up with a better keeper than Logan I'm pretty certain of that, Hendo hopefully on way back and we have a strong front line which just needs some back-up

Point remains though that at this stage we are short of where we were last year. Significant players too.

I'm just not in the camp that would be happy to go with what we have. We need 3 or 4 quality additions.

woodythehibee
28-07-2016, 11:39 AM
I would go further, we wouldn't have won it if Rangers hadn't beaten Celtic on penalties.

Going even further than that, we would not have won it if Oxley never "lost" a contact lens up at ICT. This led to the signing of Logan. The rest is history.

GloryGlory
28-07-2016, 11:45 AM

I don't think we would have won if we hadn't scored more goals than The Rangers. :greengrin

J-C
28-07-2016, 11:45 AM
Point remains though that at this stage we are short of where we were last year. Significant players too.

I'm just not in the camp that would be happy to go with what we have. We need 3 or 4 quality additions.

This time last year we didn't have Stokes, Cummings goal scoring was still unsure, Henderson didn't sign till the 15th August and we had Carmichael and Boyle on the injury list, plus we had a rubbish pre season and we weren't going into the new season as Scottish cup champions.

snooky
28-07-2016, 11:49 AM

:agree: Exactly, TRFC did us a big favour there.
In a way, that was their cup final.