PDA

View Full Version : Houston

ekhibee
24-07-2016, 10:55 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36877765

Well at least he's consistent...
But I really do wonder, why does this man get so much coverage with the BBC? He must be one of the most irritating people involved in football, but that's just my opinion. It'll be interesting to see if there is a 'controversial' decision that goes against them when we play them in the first game of the season, and if he speaks to Lennon about it, or just does what he normally does and spouts off to the press and BBC, conveniently ignoring the controversial decisions that go THEIR way.

Sir David Gray
24-07-2016, 10:59 PM
I wonder if John McGinn is still considered to be a cheat by this balloon.

Santa Cruz
24-07-2016, 11:05 PM
Watched the game and he does have a point. Was decking myself though and glad that he's still raging. Garunteed we get a penalty against them.

gillythehibby
24-07-2016, 11:31 PM
Karma's a bitch Houston eh? 😋😋

GreenLake
24-07-2016, 11:57 PM
The only reason this banshee gets an ear from the press is because he speaks against us. Once we are out of this league he will be heard like a tumbleweed through the desert.

Dashing Bob S
25-07-2016, 12:08 AM
I'm not a Houston fan, but I think he has point here. One was stonewall, the other never, and the third iffy. He'd be remiss if he didn't question decisions which had such a bearing on the game. The season hasn't started and he's pumped out of one of the three tournaments. Ha ha ha ha ha:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::bye::bye::bye::bye::by e:

Halifaxhibby
25-07-2016, 12:59 AM
Houstons a plum. Bbc is hertz. End of.

calumhibee1
25-07-2016, 02:06 AM
Not watched it, don't have any intention of watching it. I have however made my mind up that all 3 were definite penalties and would look to give a bit GIRUY to Houston.

Dashing Bob S
25-07-2016, 02:48 AM
Not watched it, don't have any intention of watching it. I have however made my mind up that all 3 were definite penalties and would look to give a bit GIRUY to Houston.

Would have been better if NONE were pens

hibee
25-07-2016, 03:09 AM
I clicked on the link expecting him to be talking about our budget.

Hibby Kay-Yay
25-07-2016, 06:02 AM
3 penalties in one game is rare enough to get you an interview. That's how I see it, anything that anyone says about linking it to the bbc hating Hibs is just paranoia.

Brunswickbill
25-07-2016, 07:59 AM
IMO They were all penalties. In the second one there were at least 3 falkirk players holding. The third had a bit of mutual holding but the shoving finished with the Falkirk player definitely holding the StJ's player's jersey. Falkirk did this in every game last season. It's obviously coached because all the defenders do it.

Houston says it happens all the time but curiously it wasn't seen much in the Euros. I wonder if the refs were told to adhere to the rules and give a penalty for holding and Madden come back and is refereeing in accordance with the rules.. If so, it's about time.

Ilovehibs
25-07-2016, 08:33 AM
Bet Bobby Madden is scared cos Baldy's going to be 'watching him closely' eh...

Jones28
25-07-2016, 10:03 AM
Why is this ****trumpet getting so much coverage?!

GreenLake
25-07-2016, 10:19 AM
3 penalties in one game is rare enough to get you an interview. That's how I see it, anything that anyone says about linking it to the bbc hating Hibs is just paranoia.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you." - Joseph Heller

Ozymandias
25-07-2016, 04:31 PM
After the worlds most blatant non-award of a penalty for their Harlem Globetrotting effort in the play off, this Grade A welt cannot have complaints about penalties being given or otherwise. Ever.

There is just something so intensely dislikable about houston that makes one want to howl at the moon at any point he makes. He could say "oh that's a nice butterfly" and I'd still want to repeatedly slap him with a haddock.

O'Rourke3
25-07-2016, 05:01 PM
I had to look but the refs were meant to crack down on this 6 years ago. As far as I could tell the only time any ref gave this was in this game against us!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9182185.stm

Keith_M
25-07-2016, 05:14 PM
If Refs seriously crack down on pulling at people in the Penalty Box, there's going to be loads of penalty awards in every game... especially against Hearts.

Houston is a plum and deserves every bit of bad luck he gets

hibees 7062
25-07-2016, 05:55 PM
How many pens should we have had in the final ?

Greencore
25-07-2016, 05:56 PM
Fud.

snooky
25-07-2016, 05:58 PM
It's deja vu all over again - Houston has a problem.

Weststandwanab
25-07-2016, 06:38 PM
Houstons a plum. Bbc is hertz. End of.

I think that is bit harsh on plums.

I like plums where as I just do not like Hooston and expect his team will e ripped by us this season

Now that would be funny.

Jonnyboy
25-07-2016, 07:07 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36877765

Well at least he's consistent...
But I really do wonder, why does this man get so much coverage with the BBC? He must be one of the most irritating people involved in football, but that's just my opinion. It'll be interesting to see if there is a 'controversial' decision that goes against them when we play them in the first game of the season, and if he speaks to Lennon about it, or just does what he normally does and spouts off to the press and BBC, conveniently ignoring the controversial decisions that go THEIR way.

Have read his words and am left wondering what the difference is between him doing that and NL challenging Jason's offside goal against Brondby? On both occasions the charge of bringing the game into disrepute must surely stand?

Will tomattie heid be pulled up for it? Let's 'monitor' it and see :wink: