PDA

View Full Version : Darren O dea

greenlex
24-07-2016, 06:42 PM
Listened to this prick on the radio whilst travelling to the game today. The jist of it he was dismissing Hibs as a Championship team that he doesn't rate and championship is our level. I really hope we draw Dundee in one of the cups and do them good and proper.
Ironically Scott McDonald did his best to put him in his place. He reckoned we would be Premiership top six no problem with our current squad.

northstandhibby
24-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Listened to this prick on the radio whilst travelling to the game today. The jist of it he was dismissing Hibs as a Championship team that he doesn't rate and championship is our level. I really hope we draw Dundee in one of the cups and do them good and proper.
Ironically Scott McDonald did his best to put him in his place. He reckoned we would be Premiership top six no problem with our current squad.

Describes this braindead no-mark exactly. Dundee? Really?

Glory Glory

JPrinty
24-07-2016, 06:59 PM

Heard this also and was fuming. Said we didn't deserve to be representing Scotland in Europe as we are a Championship team. When someone said we did beat Rangers in the cup final he said that was a one off game. He obviously forgot we beat Dundee Utd twice, Aberdeen, Hearts and St Johnstone last season as well as beating Rangers 7 times out of 13. Fair play to Scott McDonald who did defend us and say we had a decent squad. Peter Lovenkrands was shocked we got beat of Brondby as they haven't been that good recently!

Famous Fiver
24-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Heard it too. Couldn't believe my ears.

The man is a no mark. Darren, where did your club come in League Cup and Scottish Cup last season? Nowhere. Who got to both finals? Hibs.

The anti Hibs opinions BBC Sport in Scotland allow their paid guests to spout is incredible.

Good on wee Scottie. Wouldn't have done himself any favours with Tam Cowan's Murderwell pals but he, at least, did stick up for Hibs. No wonder, we stiffed his lot 4-1 recently.

Scottie knows.

renato
24-07-2016, 07:07 PM
A wee trip up to Fundee with 4,000 Hibbies for a cup tie would be most pleasing - then you can see first hand how "Championship standard" we are, Darren.

Baader
24-07-2016, 07:10 PM
Wouldn't worry about what a no mark journeyman says about us.

Zazu62
24-07-2016, 07:14 PM
Heard this also and was fuming. Said we didn't deserve to be representing Scotland in Europe as we are a Championship team. When someone said we did beat Rangers in the cup final he said that was a one off game. He obviously forgot we beat Dundee Utd twice, Aberdeen, Hearts and St Johnstone last season as well as beating Rangers 7 times out of 13. Fair play to Scott McDonald who did defend us and say we had a decent squad. Peter Lovenkrands was shocked we got beat of Brondby as they haven't been that good recently!

And we beat icy tea

Pete
24-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Was he not in the Dundee team who turned up at Ibrox and totally shat themselves?

Maybe his excuse for bottling it is that is was a one off game.

cabbageandribs1875
24-07-2016, 07:20 PM

you have to admire his intelligence...finals do tend to be one off games :agree:...the utter fool, not very nice things to say about his fellow professionals..nomark erse whoever he is

Viva_Palmeiras
24-07-2016, 07:26 PM
What's clear to me.

BBC (I don't watch STV) and the "papers" have the editorial direction to overtly court controversy as a means of attracting interest in their declining products - pathetic really when they sink to the depths where there's a lack of scrutiny & journalistic rigour - things go unchallenged when clearly crap

24-07-2016, 07:30 PM
Last season we beat Dundee Utd (very comfortably), hearts, aberdeen and ICT who were all premiership teams. We also beat the huns (3 times) who are now also a premiership side. To anyone with half a brain, that suggests we are more than able to compete at that level.

What a roaster.

dmc1875
24-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Our performances against Bronby should have been enough evidence surely?

Northernhibee
24-07-2016, 07:32 PM
How long since Dundee won the Scottish Cup?

inglisavhibs
24-07-2016, 07:34 PM
Heard it as well, McDonald seemed to be a bit embarrassed by O'Days determination to put Hibs down at every opportunity. His argument seemed to be that Hibs were a better team struggling in the SPL than they are now. We know better and just hope that we prove it over the season ahead. Hope we get Dundee in one of the cups:thumbsup:

Heisenberg
24-07-2016, 07:42 PM
We would beat Dundee just like we would beat the majority of that divison. We did quite a good job of it last season. Probably got his opinion of hibs from Jimmy mcpake.

Greencore
24-07-2016, 07:44 PM
Who?

Jonnyboy
24-07-2016, 07:46 PM
I might be wrong but were Hibs not linked with him a wee while ago? Came to nothing but might explain his bitterness

Viva_Palmeiras
24-07-2016, 07:51 PM
Darren Odea Scottish cup in Google brings back what we need to know.

He scored an injury time against Gers for Celtic in 2009
Was a winner v Livi (4-0)
Called the Gers cheats and had no regrets
Couldn't bear (no pun intended for the Gers to win the scottish cup)
Convinced it was Hibees behind the Neilson out plane.

AND Is friends with McDonald - their wives are even best pals.

The notion that pals could have scripted something for radio isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

He's obv a motormouth that speaks without thinking whether he's contradicting himself and yesterday's man trying to carve out some media role as he's actually been places, done things.

kaimendhibs
24-07-2016, 07:52 PM
Heard him and was shocked by his bitterness towards Hibs. Did someone pi55 in his cornflakes. Said to my pals at the game I hope we draw Dundee in one of the cups. What a tool

renato
24-07-2016, 07:53 PM
I might be wrong but were Hibs not linked with him a wee while ago? Came to nothing but might explain his bitterness

I wondered if his comments were more down to a (negative) Lennon link, from their time at Celtc Park? Or did they not cross paths?

Bostonhibby
24-07-2016, 07:54 PM

Not really sure why his opinion would be sought, or matters. Never rated him when he was in Dollar and he was crap with Guys and Dolls. Bell end.

Jonnyboy
24-07-2016, 07:54 PM
I wondered if his comments were more down to a (negative) Lennon link, from their time at Celtc Park? Or did they not cross paths?

Not sure but it could be that :agree:

AlbertK86
24-07-2016, 07:56 PM

Spot on Jonny and I think he was maybe at Celtic when Lenny was there but only as a player

high bee
24-07-2016, 07:57 PM
This the same Dundee that lost to East Fife on pens? If he actually watched any Championship football he would see how wrong he is. Very rarely do teams go straight down or even struggle on promotion to the prem and given the teams that have been down here the last couple of years in confident the promoted teams will finish above Dundee for many years to come.

.Sean.
24-07-2016, 07:58 PM
That's big, ironic words considering he's a no-mark who would be fifth choice centre back for us behind Hanlon, McGregor, Fontaine and and Forster.

That no-hoper wouldn't even get on our bench.

Itsnoteasy
24-07-2016, 07:58 PM
A wee trip up to Fundee with 4,000 Hibbies for a cup tie would be most pleasing - then you can see first hand how "Championship standard" we are, Darren.
We only took about 2000 to Stark Park. It's the semi & finals that you get the day trippers

lyonhibs
24-07-2016, 07:59 PM
I saw the thread title and thought we'd been linked with him again. With that in mind, I'm delighted he's just spraffing *****

24-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Not sure but it could be that :agree:

If so, pretty unprofessional to let a personal grievance make you so bitter in your punditry.

renato
24-07-2016, 08:01 PM
Conversely we took 4k to rugby park for a quarter final, on a Sunday, live on TV. If we're flying this season and get a Premier team in the cup(s) away from home, guaranteed we'd take a massive crowd (said team's stand / stadium capacity allowing).

Mr White
24-07-2016, 08:02 PM
If so, pretty unprofessional to let a personal grievance make you so bitter in your punditry.

Which makes him a perfect fit for bbc scotland.

Golden Bear
24-07-2016, 08:06 PM
Darren Odea Scottish cup in Google brings back what we need to know.

He scored an injury time against Gers for Celtic in 2009
Was a winner v Livi (4-0)
Called the Gers cheats and had no regrets
Couldn't bear (no pun intended for the Gers to win the scottish cup)
Convinced it was Hibees behind the Neilson out plane.

AND Is friends with McDonald - their wives are even best pals.

The notion that pals could have scripted something for radio isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

He's obv a motormouth that speaks without thinking whether he's contradicting himself and yesterday's man trying to carve out some media role as he's actually been places, done things.

Having read that you begin to wonder if the whole story has been a set up with the soul intention of "provoking comment "

Ozyhibby
24-07-2016, 08:07 PM
Just have to take this nonsense while we are down here.
Having the Scottish cup makes it easier though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenlex
24-07-2016, 08:09 PM
To give it some context they were reviewing the scottish teams Euro performances (along with Peter Lovenkrans) they also discussed Rangers chances of competing for the league title. He was bigging up the Hun too.

PISTOL1875
24-07-2016, 08:16 PM
Before everyone jumps on the bandwagon and starts having a go.. I kinda feel he does have a point.. Now I understand we won the cup and beat quite a fair amount of Premier League sides last season BUT we are in the Championship for a THIRD season running and we haven't even managed to make the playoff final on the road to getting promoted....

Viva_Palmeiras
24-07-2016, 08:24 PM
Before everyone jumps on the bandwagon and starts having a go.. I kinda feel he does have a point.. Now I understand we won the cup and beat quite a fair amount of Premier League sides last season BUT we are in the Championship for a THIRD season running and we haven't even managed to make the playoff final on the road to getting promoted....

If The Rangers (who he didn't want winning the thing) had won it would he have spouted the same - or would that have been against the editorial remit?

connerg
24-07-2016, 08:48 PM

106 years. I wonder if the media will be creaming themselves over this record? Bet DUFC fans do though.

bigwheel
24-07-2016, 08:51 PM
The reason no one is talks about Dundee not winning the cup, is that they have been almost nowhere near winning it...they have only been in the final 4 times since 1910...the last time was in 2002/3....we had 10 attempts prior to winning this year, including 3 in 5 years...we were knocking at the door unsuccessfully...they've not even found the address yet :wink::wink:

The_Horde
24-07-2016, 08:51 PM

You do know that just saying something different doesn't make you any more clued up or intelligent than the next person?

LaMotta
24-07-2016, 09:09 PM
We only took about 2000 to Stark Park. It's the semi & finals that you get the day trippers

not true - we took nearly 3500 to the Raith cup game.

lucky
24-07-2016, 09:19 PM

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-07-2016, 09:20 PM
Normally these are comments that Old Firm parasites have the good grace to wait until they are retired before they come out with.

LaMotta
24-07-2016, 09:30 PM

He is on Twitter if anyone wants to tell him how wrong he is :)

https://twitter.com/odea_darren/with_replies?lang=en-gb

Dashing Bob S
25-07-2016, 12:17 AM
106 years. I wonder if the media will be creaming themselves over this record? Bet DUFC fans do though.

I hope they win it within the next eight years. Don't want them wrecking our record.

cabbageandribs1875
25-07-2016, 12:36 AM
Not really sure why his opinion would be sought, or matters. Never rated him when he was in Dollar and he was crap with Guys and Dolls. Bell end.

:tee hee:

Halifaxhibby
25-07-2016, 12:51 AM
The guy was at best a misnomer. Journeyman. Why are we wetting our knickers at some brain dead clowns comments???, some footballers go into management. Yeah sure but its usually the guys with brains!!!!

GreenOnions
25-07-2016, 08:34 AM
The guy is free to have any opinion he wants. Every other football person I've heard on tv/radio/newspapers has said the complete opposite of what O'Dea said. However, on Radio Scotland Sportsound your opinions are not exactly cross-examined and the logic / justification of your reasoning is not assessed so even idiots' views are aired without any particular criticism. He is just an idiot - that's not a crime and there's nothing malicious IMO. He will probably just find that he'll struggle for a career in the sports media when he retires because of it. We should just ignore it.

Jdawg
26-07-2016, 06:21 AM
Last season we beat Dundee Utd (very comfortably), hearts, aberdeen and ICT who were all premiership teams. We also beat the huns (3 times) who are now also a premiership side. To anyone with half a brain, that suggests we are more than able to compete at that level.

What a roaster. add St Johnstone to that list too. Aberdeen pumped hearts at tynecastle the week before too, could have been 5-6 in the first half. They were also top of the league at the time and flying.

Dundee who played rangers in the cup and for a 4-0 spanking?

theonlywayisup
26-07-2016, 06:25 AM
Darren who?

Beefster
26-07-2016, 11:38 AM
The reason no one is talks about Dundee not winning the cup, is that they have been almost nowhere near winning it...they have only been in the final 4 times since 1910...the last time was in 2002/3....we had 10 attempts prior to winning this year, including 3 in 5 years...we were knocking at the door unsuccessfully...they've not even found the address yet :wink::wink:

The reason that no-one talks about Dundee not winning the Cup is that no-one gives a ****. It's like how no-one talks about how Arbroath have never won the Cup.

Andy74
26-07-2016, 11:41 AM
Did this guy play football when he was younger?

DTS
26-07-2016, 11:55 AM
Is this episode on iplayer?

monktonharp
26-07-2016, 12:07 PM
Not really sure why his opinion would be sought, or matters. Never rated him when he was in Dollar and he was crap with Guys and Dolls. Bell end.Dollar is nowhere near Dundee. next door to Saline, I think. he is still a fud, if those comments he made on the wireless are true.

brianmc
26-07-2016, 12:10 PM
Dollar is nowhere near Dundee. next door to Saline, I think. he is still a fud, if those comments he made on the wireless are true.

Woosh!! 😀

Bostonhibby
26-07-2016, 12:13 PM
Dollar is nowhere near Dundee. next door to Saline, I think. he is still a fud, if those comments he made on the wireless are true.
You're right of course. I've even been to Dollar.

My wee piss take was he was so insignificant I got him mixed up with a seventies music " icon"[emoji6]

Paisley Hibby
26-07-2016, 05:02 PM
I thought Darren O Dea was an Irish folk singer. You learn something every day.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-07-2016, 05:34 PM
:tee hee:

Now overweight flipping burgers out a van in Brighton - wonder what happened to his missus

CRAZYHIBBY
26-07-2016, 06:04 PM
He's a fanny plying his trade at a **** team scraping along in the premiership......give him a year and he will be playing championship football

WoreTheGreen
26-07-2016, 06:15 PM
He's a fanny plying his trade at a **** team scraping along in the premiership......give him a year and he will be playing championship football

Darren o whae?

monktonharp
26-07-2016, 06:55 PM
You're right of course. I've even been to Dollar.

My wee piss take was he was so insignificant I got him mixed up with a seventies music " icon"[emoji6]mines was a piss take too mate.:wink: still hard to believe his comments if they are true though. sounds like a right tit.

Highland_Hibee
26-07-2016, 06:57 PM
Who cares what he thinks? We know and anybody with a bit of football sense knows. We took our bitter rivals to a replay from 2 nil down at their home patch. We went on to beat the cup holders. We held our nerve at Hampden against a gutsy Dundee Utd and then returned to beat the Rangers in an epic final. Let us just pander to the "Hibs are no more than a championship side" crowd for the moment. This only makes our cup triumph all the greater. xD

Bostonhibby
26-07-2016, 07:19 PM
mines was a piss take too mate.:wink: still hard to believe his comments if they are true though. sounds like a right tit.
[emoji106]

ekhibee
26-07-2016, 08:02 PM
I've heard O'Dea on the radio before, he's never short of an opinion or 3. I must say, his comments were uncalled for and unprovoked. It might be a Lennon thing, but to me he was just shooting his mouth off without thinking. The 'that's just a one off' comment was a particularly stupid thing to say. Still think he'll get a job with Sportsound though, probably analyzing Alloa v Cowdenbeath games with Derek Ferguson.

tamig
26-07-2016, 08:39 PM
Now overweight flipping burgers out a van in Brighton - wonder what happened to his missus

Was she not a bit bizarre?

BoomtownHibees
26-07-2016, 09:06 PM
Beat by Peterhead. Well done Darren ya walloper

cabbageandribs1875
26-07-2016, 09:12 PM

out of interest i googled him yesterday and noticed he's had quite a checkered career, bit of this bit of that, reality TV programmes, falling out with his group partner etc etc

greenlex
26-07-2016, 09:14 PM
Was she not a bit bizarre?

Aye but just a bit.👍

Swedish hibee
26-07-2016, 09:25 PM
See, this is why football players should shut their mouths- it always comes back to haunt them! Hahaha.

Edson Arantes
26-07-2016, 09:31 PM

Very good post by the way but, why do people write 'beat of' instead of 'beat off'?

And, why don't they write 'beat by'?

Not being pedantic but it is clearly wrong.

GGTTH :flag:

kaimendhibs
26-07-2016, 10:53 PM
Haha, well done tonight Darren

kevinc
26-07-2016, 11:04 PM
See Darren was captain tonight:thumbsup:

Wee Effen Bee
26-07-2016, 11:32 PM
Very good post by the way but, why do people write 'beat of' instead of 'beat off'?

And, why don't they write 'beat by'?

Not being pedantic but it is clearly wrong.

GGTTH :flag:

Well Pele, actually you are being pedantic in its truer sense but you are also a wee bit wrong: "...beat by." should actually be written as, "...beaten by!":greengrin

--------
27-07-2016, 07:20 AM
Well Pele, actually you are being pedantic in its truer sense but you are also a wee bit wrong: "...beat by." should actually be written as, "...beaten by!":greengrin

:agree:

The_Horde
27-07-2016, 07:32 AM
Rory Mccalister.. Darren O'Dea is terrified.

snooky
27-07-2016, 08:24 AM

:agree: Andy Wa*ker mark 2

northstandhibby
27-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Beat by Peterhead. Well done Darren ya walloper

beat by-beaten by-turned over-humiliated-red faced-irony-walloper-welt-tosser-plonker etc etc etc

GIRUY Darren O Dea

You are a braindead zero nomark

:faf:

Waxy
27-07-2016, 11:21 AM
Darren o dear

Edson Arantes
27-07-2016, 01:32 PM

2 shay!

GreenOnions
27-07-2016, 01:38 PM

I don't think I like the idea of being beaten off by Darren O'Dea.

(Am I on the wrong forum?)

StevieC
27-07-2016, 01:52 PM

But a trip to Dens Park for the 30th anniversary of Hearts winning the league might attract more than usual. :wink:

Edson Arantes
27-07-2016, 09:25 PM
I don't think I like the idea of being beaten off by Darren O'Dea.(Am I on the wrong forum?)

No.

Joe6-2
27-07-2016, 09:31 PM
I don't think I like the idea of being beaten off by Darren O'Dea.

(Am I on the wrong forum?)

You 'don't think' lol