PDA

View Full Version : Danny Handling - Injured

Slim Shady
24-07-2016, 04:32 PM
On crutches and will get an operation on his torn cartilage this week.

J-C
24-07-2016, 04:37 PM
On crutches and will get an operation on his torn cartilage this week.

Sad to hear and I think this may the last we see of Handling as a Hibs player, lost count the number of injuries the lad has had and this may be one too many, his career has stalled by a good 2-3 years due to injuries.

hfc rd
24-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Sad to hear and I think this may the last we see of Handling as a Hibs player, lost count the number of injuries the lad has had and this may be one too many, his career has stalled by a good 2-3 years due to injuries.

Think you might be right J-C

24-07-2016, 04:47 PM
Thats unfortunate for the guy. Just back from a long injury and looking to kick start his career again then this setback happens. As someones already said, I reckon this could be the end of his hibs career. Shame as when he's fully fit he's not a bad player but he's not had the chance to develop his game. Can't see him making it at this level tbh.

MWHIBBIES
24-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Sad to hear and I think this may the last we see of Handling as a Hibs player, lost count the number of injuries the lad has had and this may be one too many, his career has stalled by a good 2-3 years due to injuries.He has only really had 1 big injury? Certainly hasn't stalled 2-3 years, he played a lot during Stubbs first season.

J-C
24-07-2016, 04:54 PM
He has only really had 1 big injury? Certainly hasn't stalled 2-3 years, he played a lot during Stubbs first season.

You may be right, just seems that long but you get my drift, his career has stalled badly due to rent injuries, he may get left behind.

Just checked and noticed he's only had 72 1st team games in 6 years, not a lot when you think of it.

Andy74
24-07-2016, 06:17 PM
I think his Hibs career was actually saved by his long term injury. He'd have been away by now if it hadn't happened.

Can't see him getting back in the team and further injury won't help him either stake a claim or get a move unfortunately.

blackpoolhibs
24-07-2016, 06:21 PM
Torn cartilage is not a big injury, surely he'd be back within 3 weeks after the op?

I'm sure Lennon will want to have a decent look at him when he's back, like he's having a decent look at ALL the fringe players.

Matty_Jack04
24-07-2016, 06:40 PM
I'd heard he was away before this injury obviously that's now off, can't see him getting much of a look in now hopefully the lad can get over these injuries and build a career for himself

Eyrie
24-07-2016, 07:10 PM
I don't believe Handling will make the grade at Hibs, but wish him well for his recovery.

GreenCastle
24-07-2016, 07:19 PM
When did this injury happen ?

Slim Shady
24-07-2016, 07:46 PM
Training session sometime after the Brondby game

woodyhfc4892
24-07-2016, 09:30 PM
Don't mean to sound harsh but don't think the guy will ever be good enough to start for us.. Had potential a few years back and has done nothing since but a few injuries. If he was the quality of player we signed, I'd be extremely disappointed

ancient hibee
24-07-2016, 10:05 PM
I'd heard he was away before this injury obviously that's now off, can't see him getting much of a look in now hopefully the lad can get over these injuries and build a career for himself

Not going anywhere.Still got at least a couple of years on his contract.

Ronniekirk
24-07-2016, 10:21 PM

Lets not redo the old deflate about why he got that four year contract but if injured again Lennon cant move him on and so he will still be with us till. January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
24-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Lets not redo the old deflate about why he got that four year contract but if injured again Lennon cant move him on and so he will still be with us till. January

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't what you mean.Just pointing out that he's got at least a couple of years left so if he doesn't want to go he doesn't.What's an old deflate?

Matty_Jack04
25-07-2016, 06:18 AM

Was heading out on loan for a season was my info, then he comes back with a year on his deal, we see arrangements made all the time to cancel contracts with a year left, didn't the Ox have time left on his deal?

CRAZYHIBBY
25-07-2016, 07:30 AM
he needs to go somewhere where he can play every week and it's not going to happen at hibs

Craig_HFC
25-07-2016, 07:58 AM
A move to Raith apparently fell through because of this injury.