View Full Version : St Johnstone V Falkirk

23-07-2016, 02:42 PM
Very interesting viewing with three penalties for shirt pulling in the box.

Also, Falkirk are not firing on all cylinders. We will dispatch them a fortnight today.

23-07-2016, 02:45 PM
Very interesting viewing with three penalties for shirt pulling in the box.

Also, Falkirk are not firing on all cylinders. We will dispatch them a fortnight today.

First yin was a tackle from Taiwo. :aok:

JJP
23-07-2016, 02:48 PM
Good to see Falkirks usual tactics not going unpunished. Bunch of hammer throwers. Well done Bobby Madden.

23-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Falkirk are a gang of rancid Hearts ****. Pish wee club form a Pish wee town in a Pish wee stadium with Pish wee fans.

They got got lucky last year but this year they will be a complete irrelevance to us.

23-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Shame they weren't punished for these tactics in the play offs. I think we'll thump them whether they are on song or not.

First pen awarded = correct
Second pen awarded = correct
Third pen awarded = never

Also think Falkirk should've had a pen for the foul on Baird.

Last time I remember 3 penalties for same team was for us when Donaldson scored with two of them.

Cod Boy
23-07-2016, 02:58 PM
I wonder if Houston will come out with these things even themselves out during a season quote as he was quick to come out with it last season.

23-07-2016, 03:03 PM
Last time I remember 3 penalties for same team was for us when Donaldson scored with two of them.

I'm sure we got 4 and he scored 3

23-07-2016, 03:11 PM
Falkirk are a gang of rancid Hearts ****. Pish wee club form a Pish wee town in a Pish wee stadium with Pish wee fans.

They got got lucky last year but this year they will be a complete irrelevance to us.

I live just outside Falkirk and can confirm they are a patch wee club in a pish wee town.

23-07-2016, 03:11 PM
I'm sure we got 4 and he scored 3

No it was against Killie he missed a penalty to score 4 but got a hat trick with two pens and a goal from open play

lugz
23-07-2016, 03:18 PM
No it was against Killie he missed a penalty to score 4 but got a hat trick with two pens and a goal from open play

I had a bet on 4-1 that game, only to find out at full time that I had selected first half score. Never forget that haha

23-07-2016, 03:26 PM
some other scorelines at the mo

Ayr 1 Edinburgh city 0
coodenbeath 0 Dunfy 1
Dundee 2 Dumbarton 2
Hamilton 2 Paisley Buddies 0
ICT 1 Dundee utd 1
killie(- pies) 0 Morton 1
Harry Wraggs 0 Q.o.s. 1
Ross co 0 Skatchels team 1
st.johnstone 2 Falkirk Weans 0

23-07-2016, 05:20 PM
I thought after Swanson was clattered for the 1st pen that Houston would come out with " Danny's got to be careful he doesn't get a reputation for diving"!! Also interesting that Falkirk could not defend crosses, corners in particular & I thought Houston was the self appointed expert on crosses! Good news for us given our last 3 competitive goals have come from corners!!
I think Falkirk will struggle to make play offs this season.

23-07-2016, 05:25 PM
some other scorelines at the mo Ayr 1 Edinburgh city 0 coodenbeath 0 Dunfy 1 Dundee 2 Dumbarton 2 Hamilton 2 Paisley Buddies 0 ICT 1 Dundee utd 1 killie(- pies) 0 Morton 1 Harry Wraggs 0 Q.o.s. 1 Ross co 0 Skatchels team 1 st.johnstone 2 Falkirk Weans 0

Killie let me down on a 7 team acca £123.
Covered the bet so got my dosh and a bit back

23-07-2016, 05:55 PM
I wonder if Houston will come out with these things even themselves out during a season quote as he was quick to come out with it last season.

Houston will not be so quick to cross swords with Lenny :greengrin

23-07-2016, 08:44 PM
Houston will not be so quick to cross swords with Lenny :greengrin

They are good friends apparently. Lennon looked after him by giving him a scouting job at Celtic.

Finn2015
23-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Heartening to see rivals struggle and noticed st mirren lost as well.

23-07-2016, 09:01 PM
houston is a changed man this season, not once did he mention the st.johnstone budget

23-07-2016, 09:37 PM

I live just outside Falkirk and can confirm they are a patch wee club in a pish wee town.

:tsk tsk:

Brunswickbill
24-07-2016, 12:09 AM
[QUOTE=FromTheCapital;4768242]First pen awarded = correct
Second pen awarded = correct
Third pen awarded = never

Also think Falkirk should've had a pen for the foul on Baird.

Agree apart from 3rd penalty where there appeared to be a bit of 50/50 holding or maybe 70/30. Still a penalty award was reasonable. The thing is that having seen Falkirk against Hibs, that's the way that Falkirk defend. They hold jersies, put arms around players and block. They keep doing it because they get away with it. St Johnstone should have had a penalty earlier when Cummins was held. The Falkirk team are clearly coached to defend this way. Their defending at corners in the second half became much less effective because they knew they couldn't foul because they had a referee who implented the rules. Well done Bobby Madden.

Houston said on BBC that he is going to a referee briefing. I hope he gets the good news that refs are going to uphold the rules of the game. Back to the drawing board for him.

24-07-2016, 12:31 AM
Looking forward to going to Falkirk loud and clear in voice as Scottish cup winners to get the first of 36 wins this season [emoji1474]

24-07-2016, 08:19 AM
Looking forward to going to Falkirk loud and clear in voice as Scottish cup winners to get the first of 36 wins this season [emoji1474]

:agree: Cannot wait for this one to be honest.

Get it right up that fud Houston and his team of WWE wannabees.

24-07-2016, 08:21 AM
:agree: Cannot wait for this one to be honest. Get it right up that fud Houston and his team of WWE wannabees.

Aye but the budget?????

This is what happens when you sell 10,000 plus season tickets.

Wonder if they have broached the 1k mark yet.

I think Houston will see a very different Hibs side next season! A team that won't be easily bullied!

24-07-2016, 08:34 AM
Aye but the budget?????

This is what happens when you sell 10,000 plus season tickets.

Wonder if they have broached the 1k mark yet.

I think Houston will see a very different Hibs side next season! A team that won't be easily bullied!

I know it's unfair that we have sold so many more season tickets than them. In fact we have more season ticket holders than they have seats at the Falkirk Stadium.

How is that even fair? We should be docked points for that IMO.

24-07-2016, 08:57 AM
I know it's unfair that we have sold so many more season tickets than them. In fact we have more season ticket holders than they have seats at the Falkirk Stadium. How is that even fair? We should be docked points for that IMO.

Totally agree.

Why o why did we spoil it and sell so many!!

As for docking points.... That is rather ridiculous.... Demotion to the lowest tier

24-07-2016, 10:01 AM
Falkirk will be much worse this season and even if they try the same tricks against us I feel Lennon will have us suitably prepared. Bunch of hammer throwers.