PDA

View Full Version : Team for Birmingham City Game

Bishop Hibee
23-07-2016, 02:15 PM
There will be a second string line up for this after Thursday's exertions. Run outs for Forster, Keatings, Stanton, Harris and more from the start. Looking forward to see if anyone stakes a claim for the starting XI.

Billy Whizz
23-07-2016, 02:19 PM
There will be a second string line up for this after Thursday's exertions. Run outs for Forster, Keatings, Stanton, Harris and more from the start. Looking forward to see if anyone stakes a claim for the starting XI.

Heard Lennon say it would be a 2nd string team, but would be surprised if some of Thursday nights team aren't involved or on the bench

NAE NOOKIE
23-07-2016, 03:03 PM
Heard Lennon say it would be a 2nd string team, but would be surprised if some of Thursday nights team aren't involved or on the bench

Just posted this on the Birmingham 'Smallheath alliance' site.

I wouldn't be in the least surprised if most of the players involved on Thursday either miss out altogether or play a half at most. We have plenty of guys who could do with 90 minutes:

Boyle, Carmichael ( if fit ) Forster, Harris, Stanton, Handling, Keatings, Fyvie ( if fit ) to name just a few.

HibeeMackenzie
23-07-2016, 03:14 PM
Just posted this on the Birmingham 'Smallheath alliance' site.

I wouldn't be in the least surprised if most of the players involved on Thursday either miss out altogether or play a half at most. We have plenty of guys who could do with 90 minutes:

Boyle, Carmichael ( if fit ) Forster, Harris, Stanton, Handling, Keatings, Fyvie ( if fit ) to name just a few.

Handling's out till September apparently

Enough said
23-07-2016, 05:39 PM

Was up with handling now?

AZhibee
23-07-2016, 07:37 PM
Laidlaw, crane, dunsmore, fonts, forster, boyle, bartley, stanton, harris, keats, insall

Charmichael, handling, shaw, mcgregor, l allen, otso, cummings

Brightside
23-07-2016, 07:49 PM

you sure??

erin go bragh
23-07-2016, 08:00 PM
Laidlaw, crane, dunsmore, fonts, forster, boyle, bartley, stanton, harris, keats, insall

Charmichael, handling, shaw, mcgregor, l allen, otso, cummings

If we start with that team , I'll be lumping on Birmingham.

Brightside
23-07-2016, 08:02 PM
If we start with that team , I'll be lumping on Birmingham.

i expect us to get humped tbh. Lennon is putting out a 2nd team for this.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-07-2016, 08:06 PM
When the season is started for cup games and CL games it goes Wednesday and Saturday or Thursday and Sunday. Aren't the first team picks needing games just now rather than rest? Holt for example looks like he has the best part of a stone in weight to lose and yard in pace to find.

bayhibs
23-07-2016, 08:09 PM
When the season is started for cup games and CL games it goes Wednesday and Saturday or Thursday and Sunday. Aren't the first team picks needing games just now rather than rest? Holt for example looks like he has the best part of a stone in weight to lose and yard in pace to find.

But played 120 minutes on Thursday and 90 in the first leg.

B.H.F.C
23-07-2016, 08:13 PM

Aye but the they also need to try and prevent injury.

Holt at 35 played 120 minutes less than 72 hours before this game so I can't see him taking much part. Same goes for the likes of McGeough with his record. Only reason for some of the team that played on Thursday to be playing will be to make up the numbers.

FromTheCapital
23-07-2016, 08:41 PM
(GK) Laidlaw

(RB) Forster
(CB) McGregor
(CB) Fontaine
(LB) Crane

(RM) Boyle
(CM) Stanton
(CM) Bartley
(LM) Harris

(ST) Keatings
(ST) Cummings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenNWhiteArmy
23-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Save our strongest line up for next weekend ahead of the season starting. The players that played on Thurs night deserve the day off (keep a couple to retain balance I'd go as follows)

GK Laidlaw to get him match time
RB Forster
CB McGregor
CB Hanlon
LB Crane
CM Bartley
CM Stanton
CM Stevenson
RW Harris
LW Carmichael
S Keatings

Retain the spine from middle to back then experiment in a few other positions. Give players freedom to go out and attack. We know what our strongest line up will do to teams so let's mix it up a bit I say try and get the confidence up on the fringe players to show they can make an impact this season

Ronniekirk
23-07-2016, 10:51 PM
Bartley was knackered so he may not start
If we still have Palmer on
trial he may get some more game time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frazerbob
23-07-2016, 10:57 PM
Think I'll wait until the team's announced but Birmingham at 5/4 is looking awfy good value.

NikGunnarsson
24-07-2016, 01:01 AM
Will be good to see some of the other players again, think Stanton, Harris and Carmichael could all have a role this season. Hopefully see Keatings play as the main Striker aswell fantastic player to watch.

Keith_M
24-07-2016, 06:29 AM
If Birmingham put out their first team, it could be a cricket score.

hfc rd
24-07-2016, 10:01 AM
Would like to see Insall & Carmichael given a chance today. Fyvie could do with some game time as well, if he's fit.

Brightside
24-07-2016, 10:05 AM
Shaw, Martin, Carmichael should all get plenty game time today hopefully.

Brightside
24-07-2016, 11:06 AM
Insall in the squad.

we are hibs
24-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Laidlaw, Crane, Forster, Fontaine, Dunsmore, Harris, Stanton, Martin, Carmichael, Insall, Keatings.

skyehibee
24-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Is it on Hibs Tv?

HH81
24-07-2016, 12:02 PM
Any team yet?

Behar
24-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Is it on Hibs Tv?

Live video for international subscribers and live audio for UK subscribers. 1.45

KdyHby
24-07-2016, 12:19 PM
The post match barrier is here, along with the mounties.

Sergey
24-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Confirmed:

Virtanen
Dunsmore
Crane
Forster
Fontaine
Martin
Harris
Stanton
Keatings
Carmichael
Boyle

Scouse Hibee
24-07-2016, 09:45 PM

Really :-)

Keith_M
25-07-2016, 10:17 AM

Really :-)

Shows how much I know about Fitbaw

:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
25-07-2016, 10:47 AM

This was my reaction before the game as well. There are a few folk on Facebook etc having a go now, saying that we are going over the top 'celebrating a friendly win' .... they are missing the point. Its not the fact that we beat Birmingham, its the fact that we dealt with them so easily with the team we put out.

I would never set any great store in a friendly result, be that a win or a loss. But nobody who was at the game on Sunday would be wrong in thinking that the performance as a team by our makeshift line up was very pleasing and showed that we are perhaps stronger squad wise than we thought.

In the case of Birmingham, they cant exactly point to Hibs being a better prepared team given that most of our players hadn't played in the Motherwell or Malmo games and I would have thought that the alleged 'quality' of the players they should have compared to ours would have told against us. In that context their performance was surely sub standard for a team two weeks away from kick off, and friendly or not I would be concerned if I was a City fan. If they had put in that effort against the best team we can put out they would be looking at a lot worse than 1 - 0

Blaster
25-07-2016, 11:01 AM
This was my reaction before the game as well. There are a few folk on Facebook etc having a go now, saying that we are going over the top 'celebrating a friendly win' .... they are missing the point. Its not the fact that we beat Birmingham, its the fact that we dealt with them so easily with the team we put out.

I would never set any great store in a friendly result, be that a win or a loss. But nobody who was at the game on Sunday would be wrong in thinking that the performance as a team by our makeshift line up was very pleasing and showed that we are perhaps stronger squad wise than we thought.

In the case of Birmingham, they cant exactly point to Hibs being a better prepared team given that most of our players hadn't played in the Motherwell or Malmo games and I would have thought that the alleged 'quality' of the players they should have compared to ours would have told against us. In that context their performance was surely sub standard for a team two weeks away from kick off, and friendly or not I would be concerned if I was a City fan. If they had put in that effort against the best team we can put out they would be looking at a lot worse than 1 - 0

Or the brondby games......

NAE NOOKIE
25-07-2016, 02:07 PM
Or the brondby games......

:greengrin

Andy74
25-07-2016, 02:21 PM

It was a good win but I think it is tricky to assess where each team should be fitness and sharpness wise even if we start the league games on the same date. We have been preparing for an early start in Europe and even if these players didn't play in those games their training schedule since they reported back has been geared towards that.

As someone mentioned on another thread we don't know what type of sessions each set of players has had in the run up to this game. City might have been worked hard all week to get their fitness up whereas we might be at the stage where we have been working more on sharpness and team shape.

Hibby Bairn
25-07-2016, 03:14 PM
There is a lot of folk over-egging the "quality" of the English Championship imo. We talk Scottish football down too much.