PDA

View Full Version : NHC David Moyes named Sunderland Manager

theonlywayisup
23-07-2016, 12:53 PM
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36874200

Hope he does well. It's nice to see Scottish managers doing well in the EPL.

3pm
23-07-2016, 01:18 PM
I am not keen on Sunderland but I'd like to see Moyes do well.

Treatment from the press was abysmal when he was at Man Utd, pretty much because he wasn't Ferguson.

He maybe wasn't Man Utd material but they let him know anyway.

snooky
24-07-2016, 09:36 AM
I am not keen on Sunderland but I'd like to see Moyes do well.

Treatment from the press was abysmal when he was at Man Utd, pretty much because he wasn't Ferguson.

He maybe wasn't Man Utd material but they let him know anyway.

Anyone taking on the Man U job from Fergus was on a hiding to nothing. There was almost zero chance they could better his record.
Ferguson built teams at St Mirren, Aberdeen and probably three different teams at Old Trafford. He was The Man.
Good luck to Moyes with the Makems.

easty
24-07-2016, 09:43 AM
If Moyes had stayed at Man Utd, and had the same financial backing LVG had, Man Utd would have done a lot better than they did. In my opinion.

Bostonhibby
24-07-2016, 09:59 AM
If Moyes had stayed at Man Utd, and had the same financial backing LVG had, Man Utd would have done a lot better than they did. In my opinion.
I agree, quite like Moyes as an individual and also like to see Sunderland do well so wish him all the best.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-07-2016, 10:08 AM
When he takes his new team to Old Trafford the reception from the home supporters will be interesting.

HH81
24-07-2016, 10:57 AM
I was at Sunderland V Rotherham yesterday. Sunderland fans seem very happy with the apointment.

Skyegreen
24-07-2016, 11:02 AM
A very good manager who was treated very shabbily by a spoilt Man United faithful. He needed more backing from everyone at the club but never got it.

I don't dislike United but they went down in my estimation as a club for me.

Good luck at Sunderland DM 👍

Michael
24-07-2016, 12:30 PM
Great manager. The man u job was too big for him, but I don't think there are many others who could have done what he did at Everton.

Scouse Hibee
24-07-2016, 12:35 PM
Great manager. The man u job was too big for him, but I don't think there are many others who could have done what he did at Everton.

He won the same at Everton as he did at Manure

ancient hibee
24-07-2016, 03:41 PM
He won the same at Everton as he did at Manure

Maybe be so but there are only two long term managers with a better win record in the Premiership.