PDA

View Full Version : Just home

FromTheCapital
22-07-2016, 09:23 PM
Arrived home a few hours ago and I can't stop thinking of the past few days. From our arrival on Wednesday to leaving today, it has all been just incredible. Watching David Gray's effort slowly roll over the line to spark off the mass celebration was a moment that dreams were made of. Genuinely, after the Scottish Cup, one of my favourite ever games as a Hibby.

However, one thing that annoyed me over there was the bald guy who kept trying to fight with his fellow Hibs fans. All I know is that he had a very hair back and was just an absolute dick of a man. Noted by many Hibees I must say. Hibs fans chanting "Hibees, Hibees" outside the Dubliner on Thursday and he starts chanting "CCS, CCS"? ****ing grow up pal, those days are gone.

To 99.9999% of Hibees, I thank you all for a memorable trip and bring on the season ahead. GGTTH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

staunchhibby
22-07-2016, 09:28 PM
Think it was the same guy who caused problems outside and inside the stadium.Total arse Dont want that type to spoil our fun.

Ilovehibs
22-07-2016, 09:31 PM
Arrived home a few hours ago and I can't stop thinking of the past few days. From our arrival on Wednesday to leaving today, it has all been just incredible. Watching David Gray's effort slowly roll over the line to spark off the mass celebration was a moment that dreams were made of. Genuinely, after the Scottish Cup, one of my favourite ever games as a Hibby.

However, one thing that annoyed me over there was the bald guy who kept trying to fight with his fellow Hibs fans. All I know is that he had a very hair back and was just an absolute dick of a man. Noted by many Hibees I must say. Hibs fans chanting "Hibees, Hibees" outside the Dubliner on Thursday and he starts chanting "CCS, CCS"? ****ing grow up pal, those days are gone.

To 99.9999% of Hibees, I thank you all for a memorable trip and bring on the season ahead. GGTTH!

Well done to you mate and all Hibbies that made the journey. You did us proud as our team did -big time. Great to hear everything went well with no trouble...

the bald guy does sound like a total muppet. No place for these guys. Go fight elsewhere if that's what tickles your fancy. Great that he was a tiny minority.

Bring on the season ahead. GGTTH.

swordin3
22-07-2016, 09:49 PM

I only wish I could have been there ,it looked like you guys and gals did us proud ,you always get an ars@#ole where ever you go but be proud you represented hibs and Scotland fantastically.:flag::flag::flag:

CyberSauzee
22-07-2016, 10:02 PM
Just back into Copenhagen. Some walk from the ground.

Bay Area Hibees
22-07-2016, 10:08 PM
Any chance we can get the clown banned?

Hillsidehibby
22-07-2016, 10:15 PM
:greengrin

Green-Hibee-7
22-07-2016, 10:20 PM

Was an absolute mission hahaha!

Was such a good laugh on the way though!!

Nakedmanoncrack
22-07-2016, 10:25 PM
On any football trip you get the odd guy who gets out of hand - in general the conduct was boisterous but good, I hope this isn't going to descend into 'someone did this, someone did that'.

FromTheCapital
22-07-2016, 10:32 PM
On any football trip you get the odd guy who gets out of hand - in general the conduct was boisterous but good, I hope this isn't going to descend into 'someone did this, someone did that'.

That's not what I meant.

Everyone had some mischief in them, that doesn't bother me, I'm guilty of that as well

But threatening fellow fans for nothing and trying to act like a wise **** cause he's living in the past thinking he is a casual was laughable.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-07-2016, 10:38 PM
That's not what I meant.

Everyone had some mischief in them, that doesn't bother me, I'm guilty of that as well

But threatening fellow fans for nothing and trying to act like a wise **** cause he's living in the past thinking he is a casual was laughable.

:agree:

murray26
22-07-2016, 10:53 PM
Just home myself.. Can't say I noticed said person but must say we have a fantastic support.. Don't think I'll ever enjoy a football trip as much again.. So many good memories..

blackpoolhibs
22-07-2016, 10:55 PM
Just in the door, great trip fantastic display from both team and support. :top marks

Lancs Harp
22-07-2016, 10:56 PM
This Club is going places. We will be in Europe more often than not in seasons to come.

This is just the start.

Believe. Keep the faith.

Nakedmanoncrack
22-07-2016, 10:59 PM
Still travelling - should be in the house within 20 mins - up there with the best football trips; only done a few with Hibs but loads with Scotland.

Sergey
22-07-2016, 11:01 PM
I'm just back - what a fantastic event in a truly wonderful city. There were no low points. Even losing on penalties was easy to take as the team did us proud and the fans did likewise.

This was undoubtedly one of the best ever away trips to be had. Meeting up with a few long lost soles from bygone years and necking a few for old times was a sheer pleasure and one that will forever live in the memory.

WE'VE GOT MC'GINN...

GreenLake
22-07-2016, 11:04 PM
Well done guys. Your celebration video got posted on twitter which made up a bit for the lack of tv coverage overseas. Brilliant support which deserved to win as much as the team.

PompeyHibs
22-07-2016, 11:12 PM
Just home... Great trip great fans.
Ronnie im due you a pint or two for the taxi back from the game.

Darren McGregor he's our best defender...

Steviep73
22-07-2016, 11:34 PM
Not long home great trip great fans and a fine team performance

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Ergye
22-07-2016, 11:48 PM
Bald man with a hairy back looking for trouble you say.

I say Ann Budge performing a weird Jambo style mating ritual.

FranckSuzy
23-07-2016, 12:23 AM
My first European trip with the Hibees and I had a blast :thumbsup: Great to put faces to names and soak up the alcoh...atmosphere with fellow fans :wink: Warburton's a f.... :tee hee: :flag:

twiceinathens
23-07-2016, 06:58 AM
Amazing experience. Random thoughts and memories. The general togetherness of the support - meeting total strangers in the street wearing any sort of Hibs colours and greeting them as bosom buddies. Bubbles in the fountain outside the Dubliner. A beach ball and at one point two footballs being launched into the air at same venue. Amazed locals/tourists stopping to film the scene. The trek fom the station to the ground - and back. The magic hat song for the nth time. And the positive reaction of the support for the team at the end of the game, particularly a special vote of sympathy to McGinn.

The bald bampot was a blemish at the Dubliner and in the ground but was pretty quickly smothered by other Hibbies.

#FromTheCapital
23-07-2016, 08:21 AM
My first European trip away with Hibs but not the last. Great experience - proud to be a hibee. The celebration at David Gray's goal was beaten only by his previous goal at a certain game in May.

fife hfc
23-07-2016, 08:31 AM
Great trip and fantastic atmosphere and we have a group of players who are putting the pride back into our club. Still tired but it was worth it.

Fisherrow_Hibs
23-07-2016, 08:52 AM

Spot on mate 100%, straight in my top 5 of all my football trips :-) and seen same numpty lying on the ground on Wed night too, trying to fighting his own shadow :LOL:, we offered to help out an got abused, so told him to go and "jog on son" :greengrin #******** but if you read other posts, no trouble at all even fc copenhagen ultras were having a laugh too, superb city! :aok::not worth

flash
23-07-2016, 10:19 AM
Sounds like you all did us proud.

.Sean.
23-07-2016, 10:32 AM
Up there with the best two days I've ever had.

Could greet it's over, my liver and my wallet are both in tatters but it'll no be forgotten! Sensational time 🇳🇬

Nameless
23-07-2016, 04:32 PM
However, one thing that annoyed me over there was the bald guy who kept trying to fight with his fellow Hibs fans. All I know is that he had a very hair back and was just an absolute dick of a man

I know who you are talking about - by no means a friend of mine, but we had friends in common years ago. I'm sure he has a behavioral problem, aspergers or something like that. I think in his head it's still 2005/06.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

The_Horde
23-07-2016, 04:36 PM
That's not what I meant.

I think he was fighting with the wrong guys, too.. They seemed like a handful.

Humo
23-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Just in the door and it's safe to say that that was one of the best experiences of my life

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

FromTheCapital
23-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Just in the door and it's safe to say that that was one of the best experiences of my life

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Agreed mate! Unbelievable :aok:

.Sean.
23-07-2016, 05:01 PM
Surely no just me that's on a total downer the trip's over and still seriously hungover? :boo hoo::no way:

#FromTheCapital
23-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Surely no just me that's on a total downer the trip's over and still seriously hungover? :boo hoo::no way:

Defintely not mate :greengrin I didn't get back till late last night and haven't done much at all today.

What a trip, can't wait till the next European venture now although it's hard to see how that could be topped. It was like a continuation of the parade after the final, such a party atmosphere. The celebration for Gray's goal was probably better than any goal I've celebrated against hearts. So glad to have experienced the last few days and will remember it fondly for many years to come.

.Sean.
23-07-2016, 05:13 PM
Defintely not mate :greengrin I didn't get back till late last night and haven't done much at all today.

What a trip, can't wait till the next European venture now although it's hard to see how that could be topped. It was like a continuation of the parade after the final, such a party atmosphere. The celebration for Gray's goal was probably better than any goal I've celebrated against hearts. So glad to have experienced the last few days and will remember it fondly for many years to come.
Seconded. Got in last night and all I've done is watch videos and go through photos of the trip. Amazing. We really do have the best bunch of supporters going.

Genuinely seemed to know everyone in and around the Dubliner and met some great folk. I can't pick a single fault with the trip. The atmosphere from landing Wednesday night til leaving last night was second to none, what a togetherness there seems to be amongst the support these days.

Roll on the next one... We'll just need to win the cup again next year :flag:

mim
23-07-2016, 05:13 PM
I'm just back - what a fantastic event in a truly wonderful city. There were no low points. Even losing on penalties was easy to take as the team did us proud and the fans did likewise.

This was undoubtedly one of the best ever away trips to be had. Meeting up with a few long lost soles from bygone years and necking a few for old times was a sheer pleasure and one that will forever live in the memory.

WE'VE GOT MC'GINN...

I'm a bit surprised you made the game, having seen the state of you at the Dubliner :greengrin

Just back now. What a trip. I managed to survive Tuesday 'til today and I need a couple of days off the drink now. :wink:

Sergey
23-07-2016, 05:19 PM

The brutal fact is, if and when we do qualify for Europe again, Copenhagen will be difficult to surpass. We'll probably get drawn against some nondescript Romanian team who ply their trade in some backwater that no one has ever heard of.

Unless we win the cup again, qualifying through our league position isn't really an option for a couple of seasons at the very least.

I'll go anywhere again (but I might draw the line at Turkey and Serbia - both those countries scare me a bit).

#FromTheCapital
23-07-2016, 05:32 PM
The brutal fact is, if and when we do qualify for Europe again, Copenhagen will be difficult to surpass. We'll probably get drawn against some nondescript Romanian team who ply their trade in some backwater that no one has ever heard of.

Unless we win the cup again, qualifying through our league position isn't really an option for a couple of seasons at the very least.

I'll go anywhere again (but I might draw the line at Turkey and Serbia - both those countries scare me a bit).

Agreed, we got a lucky draw this time. Copenhagen is a lovely city, we got there on the Tuesday so had a bit of time to do the sightseeing before hitting the booze hard.

Sergey
23-07-2016, 05:45 PM
I'm a bit surprised you made the game, having seen the state of you at the Dubliner :greengrin

Just back now. What a trip. I managed to survive Tuesday 'til today and I need a couple of days off the drink now. :wink:

I was somewhat 'tired and emotional' :tee hee:

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-07-2016, 05:50 PM

Nothing wrong with Serbia, Belgrade is magic!

My_Wife_Camille
23-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Absolutely phenomenal few days! Very much still on the come down over here...

Went out on Wednesday and didn't get in til 9am on Thursday morning which made the Dubliner at 1pm a bit of a struggle but we powered through!

Everything about the day itself was outstanding. The atmosphere in the square, the March, the train, the walk to the ground and the pre match build up was really something to remember and that's before I've even mentionedthe game and the celebrations from David Grays goal! As someone else said it was like scoring in a derby!

I thought Malmo away was a good trip (the Malmo song going on for about an hour was amazing :greengrin) but Copenhagen really was something else. A monumental effort from every single person in green and white, both on the pitch and in the stands :not worth

Fat Boab
24-07-2016, 12:07 PM
What a trip so many memories a big thanks to all who made it such a superb trip. My stand out moments obviously the square outside the Dubliner, the train to the ground i swear we didn't need an engine we would of rock'd it to Brondby, the walk to the stadium sitting in the middle of the road cause you hate the "jam tarts". The reaction of the fans when they played Van Hallen's Jump (wish there was a video don't remember seeing as many pints being thrown in the air, the Hibs drummer fantastic well done that man, Even the Police need a mention on how to police a sporting event, Scotland finest could certainly learn a thing or two from there Danish counter parts.
All in all looking back in the cold light of a Sunday morning it's a trip whose memories will last a long time.
Well done to all those who made the trip and the team who gave their all over 120 mins.

:flag:GGTTH :flag:

Fogzie
24-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Match Ticket £6.50
Flights and Hotel £200

3 Day party in Copenhagen........Absolutely PRICELESS

:flag:GGTTH :flag:[/QUOTE]

Derek Dougan
24-07-2016, 02:34 PM
If you follow Scottish Football Station on Facebook they have the whole game to watch [emoji106]