PDA

View Full Version : Billy Broon speaks

Alfred E Newman
22-07-2016, 05:35 PM
Obviously still in a state of shock after Hearts embarrassing humping by the Maltesers, Billy Broon, the man who has been places and done things , has spoken on the state of Scottish football.
He suggests setting up a panel with the likes of Jumbo Jeff, Walter and Archie Knox to discuss how we can get our game back on track .

:faf::faf:

Jack
22-07-2016, 05:38 PM
Obviously still in a state of shock after Hearts embarrassing humping by the Maltesers, Billy Broon, the man who has been places and done things , has spoken on the state of Scottish football.
He suggests setting up a panel with the likes of Jumbo Jeff, Walter and Archie Knox to discuss how we can get our game back on track .

Still unemployable, I mean unemployed then?

WoreTheGreen
22-07-2016, 05:41 PM
Still unemployable, I mean unemployed then?

"Ma wife works" said a rather flustered Mr Brown

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-07-2016, 05:45 PM

No so much Still Game as Still No Game.

Jack Hackett
22-07-2016, 05:46 PM
"Ma wife works" said a rather flustered Mr Brown

He found the 'on' switch then? :greengrin

grunt
22-07-2016, 05:49 PM
... Jumbo Jeff, Walter and Archie Knox to discuss how we can get our game back on track . Sounds like he wants to get the cast of Last of the Summer Wine back together.

WoreTheGreen
22-07-2016, 05:51 PM
Sounds like he wants to get the cast of Last of the Summer Wine back together.

Can anyone put up the BB rant comedy gold

R'Albin
22-07-2016, 05:54 PM
He found the 'on' switch then? :greengrin

:faf:

grunt
22-07-2016, 05:57 PM
This?

https://youtu.be/FOQWTdhRZw8

lord bunberry
22-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Dinosaurs like Billy Brown are part of the problem. Despise the fact he's been places, he's learnt **** all.

Jim44
22-07-2016, 05:58 PM
It's worrying that a sports news editor would choose to interview this muppet for comment on the state of Scottish football.:rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
22-07-2016, 05:58 PM
Walter Smith will be toiling for answers when he's told dipping into a dodgy pot of money isn't an option.

After Brian McLair walking yesterday and implying he was banging his head against a brick wall I don't really see where we go from here tbh.

Eyrie
22-07-2016, 05:59 PM
It's worrying that a sports news editor would choose to interview this muppet for comment on the state of Scottish football.:rolleyes:

It sums up the state of Scottish football that Brown is asked to comment.

WoreTheGreen
22-07-2016, 06:02 PM
Am srugglin cause ah dinny cum fae here Cheers for that never gets less funny. BB---clown

Jack Hackett
22-07-2016, 06:08 PM
Colin Calderwood...Manager
Billy Brown...Assistant Manager

OMFG! Did that really happen?

Cosmic Truth
22-07-2016, 06:16 PM

Which, knowing those four, will be resorting to a flat back ten defence.

Blocks Biloxi
22-07-2016, 06:21 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36870182

'Get back to playing the Scottish way'

FFS

bigwheel
22-07-2016, 06:32 PM
`'the scottish way`''....man, that is everything that is wrong with our game...dinosaurs like that get a voice on our game....let's hope no-one with any clout actually listens...

dunfyhibby
22-07-2016, 06:32 PM

Billy Broon, what a tool! Complete bawbag!!!

Alfred E Newman
22-07-2016, 06:39 PM

FFS

I do tend to agree that we won't compete with these sides by trying to beat them at their own game and passing the ball to death. We certainly used to compete with the best when wingers were in favour.
He is still an auld slaver though.

WoreTheGreen
22-07-2016, 06:45 PM

FFS

Mr "been places" Broom give Icalnd a visit tiny population but a fair national team.No JJ Broon. Knox. Roxburgh 's outdated thinking

Tomsk
22-07-2016, 06:50 PM
Colin Calderwood...Manager
Billy Brown...Assistant Manager

OMFG! Did that really happen?

The man who made the appointments is still at the club.

Alfred E Newman
22-07-2016, 06:52 PM

Deary me!

Tomsk
22-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Deary me!

I know, it's appalling.

w pilton hibby
22-07-2016, 07:15 PM

Is that the same man that appointed Leeann Dempster?

Dashing Bob S
22-07-2016, 07:17 PM

Yes, get a bunch of Masonic dinosaurs who have totally reduced the Scottish game to laughing stock over the years, to suggest ways of improving it.

Michael Stewart had this erse's number.

Skyegreen
22-07-2016, 08:05 PM
"It wasn't that many years ago we had Henrik Larsson in this country. Paul Gascoigne, Brian Laudrup - world class players. We've not got anything like that now" Billy Brown

Eh.....The Scottish way? Correct me if I'm wrong but none of the above mentioned are Scottish.

Then there's the big question as to how those same players wage demands probably directly or indirectly led to Glasgow Rangers demise! What a right fud BB is at times!

Should the real question no be, why are our clubs playing in a competition when we're clearly not ready?

Borderhibbie76
22-07-2016, 08:44 PM
"It wasn't that many years ago we had Henrik Larsson in this country. Paul Gascoigne, Brian Laudrup - world class players. We've not got anything like that now" Billy Brown

Eh.....The Scottish way? Correct me if I'm wrong but none of the above mentioned are Scottish.

Then there's the big question as to how those same players wage demands probably directly or indirectly led to Glasgow Rangers demise! What a right fud BB is at times!

Should the real question no be, why are our clubs playing in a competition when we're clearly not ready?
No mention of the fact Hibs matched (more than) Brondby over 2 legs - a 2nd tier Scottish side against a top Danish side. They prefer to focus on the negatives of the Yambolinos and their glorious failure against the Maltesers...pathetic BBC as always and btw Forth 1 was just as bad this morning. Yes we went out last night but in the most glorious fashion yet we are being labelled failures like the Yams - irritates me

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Cosmic Truth
23-07-2016, 03:54 PM

Zactly.

This "Scottish way" of Brown's led to Rangers being liquidated, and Hearts on the brink of liquidation. If anyone knows this, you'd think it would be this auld sheeyitehawk, as they appear to be the two clubs that are closest to the dormant organ he calls a heart. I know the old myth about mean Scotsmen is a load of keech, but when was the insane spending of money ever the Scottish way?

David Murray was bankrolled by the BOS, which allowed Rangers to sign players who wouldn't even have come to Scotland on holiday, far less play football here. Once Lloyds bought the BOS, this "Scottish way" was totally foooked. A masonic carve up of our game had finally been put to and end, thanks to the worldwide banking crisis! :greengrin

Traditionally, the Scottish way was bringing through talented youngsters like Stanton, Stein, Marinello, and Cropley etc, and maybe selling some of them on for profit, to help run the club. It has never been signing players from the top clubs in Italy, Spain Germany, and England etc.

I can't believe anyone still asks this foookin auld imposter for his opinions. I can only assume he'll give an interview for the price of a bottle of buckie.

Cosmic Truth
23-07-2016, 04:08 PM
No mention of the fact Hibs matched (more than) Brondby over 2 legs - a 2nd tier Scottish side against a top Danish side. They prefer to focus on the negatives of the Yambolinos and their glorious failure against the Maltesers...pathetic BBC as always and btw Forth 1 was just as bad this morning. Yes we went out last night but in the most glorious fashion yet we are being labelled failures like the Yams - irritates me

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Hibs team did their fans, and country, proud, in my opinion.

Zombies, who despise every other club in the country, are beside themselves, and laughing about Hibs "Humiliation"! It appears to have escaped their attention that their scabby, four year old, newco haven't ever qualified for Europe. and were denied doing so this season by Hibs outplaying them in the Scottish Cup final. A game they all thought was in the bag.

Our media seems to have given up on being fair, and impartial, and decided to prostrate themselves before the zombie hordes.

Bishop Hibee
23-07-2016, 05:16 PM
Heard Brown on the TV. Total trumpet and it angers me that he had anything to do with Hibs. Thankful that we've left those dark days behind us.

CRAZYHIBBY
23-07-2016, 05:54 PM
Can't bring myself to dislike Billy brown.......he gave hibs 100% when he was here and I remember talking to him when he was here and he was absolutely delighted to have joined us

lord bunberry
23-07-2016, 06:00 PM
Can't bring myself to dislike Billy brown.......he gave hibs 100% when he was here and I remember talking to him when he was here and he was absolutely delighted to have joined us
I can, quite easily. His comments about having divided loyalties before the cup final should've seen him sacked on the spot. He's a hearts *******, in the same mould as Houston.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-07-2016, 06:02 PM
The boy is a complete shambles.

.Sean.
23-07-2016, 06:23 PM
I can, quite easily. His comments about having divided loyalties before the cup final should've seen him sacked on the spot. He's a hearts *******, in the same mould as Houston.
Spot on :aok:

Stokesy's on fire
23-07-2016, 06:46 PM
It's people like Billy brown we need to get rid of to help Scottish football.

Stokesy's on fire
23-07-2016, 06:46 PM

I agree with this!!

snooky
23-07-2016, 06:56 PM

I remember a Scotland team sheet with Baxter, Law and Bremner on the it. Three arguably world class players.
These days Scotland has a shortage of 'club class' players IMO.

Carheenlea
23-07-2016, 06:58 PM
Say what you like about Billy Brown, but what can't be denied is that as a personality he is hugely entertaining - had so many laughs at his expense :agree:

Golden Bear
23-07-2016, 07:13 PM

I'm with you on this one M'Lud.

easty
23-07-2016, 07:19 PM

Can't argue with any of that.

Dashing Bob S
23-07-2016, 07:22 PM
Heard Brown on the TV. Total trumpet and it angers me that he had anything to do with Hibs. Thankful that we've left those dark days behind us.

Spot on. The very presence of clowns like Billy Brown at Hibs illustrates how utterly devoid of direction and motivation the club were before Dempster. Lets never go back to those desperate days.

theonlywayisup
23-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Guys, I've not read the article, but I'm going to agree with what he's saying. We maybe pole apart in what we think, but I do believe that we need to get back to the good old Scottish way of playing.

Maybe, this is where I deviate from Brown, but in the past good Scottish teams had tricky skillful wingers, who supplied "meat on a plate" balls for the big forward facing striker. And if the winger wasn't putting the balls in, we had overlapping full-backs (oh for a Danny McGrain type player). If it wasn't the striker (the number 9) getting on the ball, then we had the "box-to-box" midfielder (before box-to-box was ever a term) rushing into the box to score (the John Warks and closer to home the Pat McGinlays). We also had commanding centre halfs, their sole job was to stop the opposition. Not to be the next Beckanbauers, just the clear the ****ing ball.

Now today, we have non-scoring number nines where we value their ability to close down the opposition or to show fancy skill. We have midfielders who think they are playing for Barcelona - twenty passes and we're back to where we were before. The centre halfs that are a shadow of what we've had in the past - £5.5m for Grant Hanley - OMG.

The only thing that has improved over the past 20 years has been the goalies - those scarred by Rough will know what I'm saying!!.

We also have coaches at the grass roots where it's all about winning and at u-12, u-13 etc level that usually means playing the big and strong boys. It's these boys that then stand out and the pro youth teams pick and invariably drop in years to come.

Let's get back to the old Scottish ways of playing - yes, I agree. Let's stopping trying to copy the current new trend and get back to being Scottish.

California-Hibs
23-07-2016, 07:32 PM
Is that the same man that appointed Leeann Dempster?

Who in turn hired Stubbs who in turn won the Scottish Cup? Thanks Rod!! It'll look quite nice on his CV too.

23-07-2016, 07:32 PM
It's people like Billy brown we need to get rid of to help Scottish football.

Exactly. Arrogant nobody who thinks hes someone big and important. His "av bin places n done things" interview proves what an arrogant prick he really is.

Disgusted we ever had him on our books. Hearts ****.

Cosmic Truth
24-07-2016, 12:14 PM
I remember a Scotland team sheet with Baxter, Law and Bremner on the it. Three arguably world class players.
These days Scotland has a shortage of 'club class' players IMO.

Imagine how many caps Pat Stanton would get if he were playing today.

Cosmic Truth
24-07-2016, 12:29 PM
Guys, I've not read the article, but I'm going to agree with what he's saying. We maybe pole apart in what we think, but I do believe that we need to get back to the good old Scottish way of playing.

Maybe, this is where I deviate from Brown, but in the past good Scottish teams had tricky skillful wingers, who supplied "meat on a plate" balls for the big forward facing striker. And if the winger wasn't putting the balls in, we had overlapping full-backs (oh for a Danny McGrain type player). If it wasn't the striker (the number 9) getting on the ball, then we had the "box-to-box" midfielder (before box-to-box was ever a term) rushing into the box to score (the John Warks and closer to home the Pat McGinlays). We also had commanding centre halfs, their sole job was to stop the opposition. Not to be the next Beckanbauers, just the clear the ****ing ball.

Now today, we have non-scoring number nines where we value their ability to close down the opposition or to show fancy skill. We have midfielders who think they are playing for Barcelona - twenty passes and we're back to where we were before. The centre halfs that are a shadow of what we've had in the past - £5.5m for Grant Hanley - OMG.

The only thing that has improved over the past 20 years has been the goalies - those scarred by Rough will know what I'm saying!!.

We also have coaches at the grass roots where it's all about winning and at u-12, u-13 etc level that usually means playing the big and strong boys. It's these boys that then stand out and the pro youth teams pick and invariably drop in years to come.

Let's get back to the old Scottish ways of playing - yes, I agree. Let's stopping trying to copy the current new trend and get back to being Scottish.

Or a John Brownlie and Eric Schaedler.

Alfred E Newman
24-07-2016, 03:16 PM

:agree:
It's not Levein or Houston type back to front hoof ball we want and we certainly don't need a think tank made up of has beens like Jeffries and Knox but a return to a more traditional direct style that did work for Scottish sides in Europe might not be a bad thing.
The aimless passing back and forward that we see now in the Scottish game usually ends up with the long punt forward anyway . If you are going to punt it you might as well do it quickly and have more chance of catching defenders out . I'm glad to see Lennon seems to favour a bit of width with quicker deliveries as well.
Passing the ball to death is ok if there is an end product.