PDA

View Full Version : Hibs XI vs Gala Fairydean Rovers

hibee-boys
22-07-2016, 04:21 PM
Kick off 7.45 tonight, £7 entry £3 concessions, kids under 5 free. Not sure if any of the first team squad will be making an appearance, perhaps anybody who never got a run out last night may come down. However the Scottish Cup will be there!!:)👍

Golden Bear
22-07-2016, 05:05 PM
Kick off 7.45 tonight, £7 entry £3 concessions, kids under 5 free. Not sure if any of the first team squad will be making an appearance, perhaps anybody who never got a run out last night may come down. However the Scottish Cup will be there!!:)

At least it's a good 3g surface at Gala!

Kojock
22-07-2016, 05:12 PM
Kick off 7.45 tonight, £7 entry £3 concessions, kids under 5 free. Not sure if any of the first team squad will be making an appearance, perhaps anybody who never got a run out last night may come down. However the Scottish Cup will be there!!:)👍

£7 to get in to see a development team. It was only £6 to get into Brondby last night. Scottish football is a rip off ;-)

Wouldn't imagine any of the players who were in Copenhagen will be there tonight as they didn't get back to Edinburgh till 2am.

bingo70
22-07-2016, 06:51 PM
STARTING XI: Trialist, Stirling, Mackie, Porteous, Waugh, Smith, Dunsmore, Watson, Allan, Insall, Shaw.

Anyone there know if the trialist keeper is Palmer or a youngster on trial? second trialist on the bench I'd assume a youngster?

Hamish
22-07-2016, 06:52 PM
Lee Makel in charge

Heisenberg
22-07-2016, 06:59 PM
Grant Murray in Brondby helping with the first team wasn't he?

Hamish
22-07-2016, 07:02 PM
Grant Murray in Brondby helping with the first team wasn't he?

Yes.

Hamish
22-07-2016, 07:27 PM
Taken from twitter - attendance 266. Currently no score.

Hamish
22-07-2016, 08:41 PM
Gala 2 Hibs 0 FT.

Makel out.

hibee-boys
22-07-2016, 09:15 PM
Yes.

He was down along with Eddie May.

NAE NOOKIE
22-07-2016, 10:19 PM
£7 to get in to see a development team. It was only £6 to get into Brondby last night. Scottish football is a rip off ;-)

Wouldn't imagine any of the players who were in Copenhagen will be there tonight as they didn't get back to Edinburgh till 2am.

Hibs charge expenses to put a team out, around £400, which is a fair amount for the likes of Gala Fairydean Rovers. The crowd was about 250 to 300 which will barely cover GFRs costs. For that £7 you also got to see the silky skills of the Fit Hibs & GFR walking football teams at half time ... worth every penny I would have thought :greengrin

Golden Bear
23-07-2016, 08:03 AM
Hibs charge expenses to put a team out, around £400, which is a fair amount for the likes of Gala Fairydean Rovers. The crowd was about 250 to 300 which will barely cover GFRs costs. For that £7 you also got to see the silky skills of the Fit Hibs & GFR walking football teams at half time ... worth every penny I would have thought :greengrin

Gala must be a wee bit disappointed with the size of the crowd. I thought a Friday night was a good time and would attract a fair number of Border based Hibees as we have a sizeable support in the area.

Having said that I was going to go myself but just never got round to it. Lazy git syndrome I suppose.

NAE NOOKIE
23-07-2016, 12:15 PM
Gala must be a wee bit disappointed with the size of the crowd. I thought a Friday night was a good time and would attract a fair number of Border based Hibees as we have a sizeable support in the area.

Having said that I was going to go myself but just never got round to it. Lazy git syndrome I suppose.

Hibs had played Selkirk just a few days before ( 6 miles down the road ) and there didn't appear to be many Edinburgh Hibbies there last night, add to that the lack of any first team players and its not all that surprising that it wasn't all that big a crowd.

Anyway ... got to hold the Scottish cup, so it was a good night for me :cup:

bingo70
23-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Hibs had played Selkirk just a few days before ( 6 miles down the road ) and there didn't appear to be many Edinburgh Hibbies there last night, add to that the lack of any first team players and its not all that surprising that it wasn't all that big a crowd.

Anyway ... got to hold the Scottish cup, so it was a good night for me :cup:

Any idea who the trialist keeper was?

NAE NOOKIE
23-07-2016, 01:10 PM

Sorry mate, no idea. He didn't have much to do while I was there, unfortunately I had to leave before the 2nd half so didn't see much of him.

Archie89
23-07-2016, 01:38 PM

Alan combe.