PDA

View Full Version : Difference in style

Unseen work
22-07-2016, 02:18 PM
For those that have seen us play a couple of times already this season, what are the big changes Lennon has brought into play?

With basically the same squad so far I'm intrigued to hear how we play under him compared to Stubbs.

unfortunatly I haven't been able to see us this season as of yet.

Delboy4
22-07-2016, 02:32 PM
A bit of steel AND width...

Jdawg
22-07-2016, 02:37 PM
Definitely wants us playing wider.

Hard to tell in friendlies but it was noticeable. Brondby we were always going to play a more defensively.

Be interesting to see what we do in the league. 3-5-2 can be as attacking or defensive as you like. Probably Fyfie in for Bartley against league opposition.

Fergus52
22-07-2016, 02:43 PM
We've been playing a much quicker tempo, getting the ball forward very fast either out wide or with holt holding it up.

Not as as pretty to watch as under Stubbs but it should be far more effective in this league.

Diclonius
22-07-2016, 02:49 PM
Style of play is exactly how it should be. We don't hang around with the ball too much, aim of the game is to either play the ball through to the midfielders to run at goal or out on the wing to get forward and put a cross in. We don't do possession around the box any more.

Booked4Being-Ugly
22-07-2016, 02:54 PM
We seem to have a better game plan/strategy. Every players appears to understand their roles better. The players also look to have more confidence in their ability but whether that's NL or the Scottish cup win giving them more belief I'm not sure, probably a bit of both.

There is also more invention and creativity from corners/free kicks and general play.

All in all I think we look far better and if the few games under NL are the standard for this season any team up against us will be in for a shock. I can't wait for the league to start now.

Would it be too greedy to expect another cup win this season? :)

southsider
22-07-2016, 02:54 PM
We've been playing a much quicker tempo, getting the ball forward very fast either out wide or with holt holding it up.

Not as as pretty to watch as under Stubbs but it should be far more effective in this league.

As much as we played pretty triangles under AS and won THE SCOTTISH CUP we were, at times, a little nicer, nicely. NL will add the ruthless streak needed.

Jdawg
22-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Agreed with these 2 posts, in a lot of games we started at a snails pace. No good to anybody with a team in a rigid 451, 541 defend at all costs mentality.

We need to start scoring in the first 15 mins, if we do it forces teams to come out then hit them on the break.

ancient hibee
22-07-2016, 03:15 PM
Playing with pace,getting the ball in BEHIND defences from wide.Midfield and attackers pressing to get the ball back-no more pretendy tackles.

greenlex
22-07-2016, 03:16 PM
More urgency covers it.

GreenLake
22-07-2016, 03:54 PM
New playing styles cannot be seen under the current HibsTV blackout policy.

lyonhibs
22-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Style of play is exactly how it should be. We don't hang around with the ball too much, aim of the game is to either play the ball through to the midfielders to run at goal or out on the wing to get forward and put a cross in. We don't do possession around the box any more.

If that's too be our style, the consistency of our delivery from wide areas will need to improve dramatically

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-07-2016, 04:39 PM
Getting the first goal early was often the key to our good results. Think we are looking for that goal now rather than waiting for it.