PDA

View Full Version : Celtic getting rid of Henderson & Allan

Delboy4
22-07-2016, 12:02 PM
Celtic getting rid of Henderson & Allan

Henderson to us??

Allan to the Yams..! MUG

Anyway, come home Liam son, you know it makes sense...

GGTTH

Wembley67
22-07-2016, 12:06 PM

Henderson to us??

Allan to the Yams..! MUG

GGTTH

Where you hearing this?

Cocaine&Caviar
22-07-2016, 12:07 PM
you've started a bit early today havent you? I know its a friday, but c'mon...

Bostonhibby
22-07-2016, 12:12 PM

Henderson to us??

Allan to the Yams..! MUG

GGTTH

If this is true, it's looking like the rangers haven't got the money to set up allans return to the reincarnation of the team he used to support before they allowed themselves to be liquidated.

Delboy4
22-07-2016, 12:13 PM
Also rumours that Paterson on his way to Celtic in deal with Allan...mind you, rumours only!! :rolleyes:

Hibee87
22-07-2016, 12:15 PM
Also rumours that Paterson on his way to Celtic in deal with Allan...mind you, rumours only!! :rolleyes:

Read the same rumour yesterday, but it was 1.2 million and Gary Mackay Steven on loan to hearts

MB62
22-07-2016, 12:30 PM
Read the same rumour yesterday, but it was 1.2 million and Gary Mackay Steven on loan to hearts

:top marks :faf:

Hibee87
22-07-2016, 12:31 PM
:top marks :faf:

Exactly my thoughts :LOL:

CorrieHibs
22-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Yeah heard those rumours this morning. Alan and GMS to hearts and Patterson to Celtic.

CorrieHibs
22-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Didn't think Allan was tall enough tbh

Treadstone
22-07-2016, 12:33 PM
Anthony Brown EEN : Nothing in the Scott Allan rumour.

Thecat23
22-07-2016, 12:35 PM
Allan isn't going to Hearts.

Blaster
22-07-2016, 12:37 PM

Rotherham?

Thecat23
22-07-2016, 12:43 PM
Rotherham?

No idea but it's not Hearts. Dons apparently could be interested but no idea how true that one is.

ekhibee
22-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Would love to get Henderson, but I reckon there's virtually no chance of getting him from a wages perspective. Still, the Lennon factor could help, so we'll see.

Waxy
22-07-2016, 12:58 PM
What length of contract did SA sign for Celtic? Cant see him taking a big drop in wage.

KeithTheHibby
22-07-2016, 12:59 PM
Allan isn't in the mould of a jambo player ala he plays football.

Skyegreen
22-07-2016, 01:14 PM
It'll be interesting to see if any teams Dan Saf will touch SA. A career wasting away in my eyes.

I'd take him back in a second. I would hate it if he went to the gunts! 🙄

Diclonius
22-07-2016, 01:22 PM
I'd take Allan back in a second. With the squad we had now we'd blow away the Championship.

Hearts fans are desperate to link him to them every time he's mentioned.

Ilovehibs
22-07-2016, 01:28 PM

Great to hear TC. I would hate to see Allan play for them. Too good a player!

southsider
22-07-2016, 01:32 PM

Any word on Commons to us cat ?

RoxburghHibs
22-07-2016, 01:33 PM

Where are Hearts finding £1.2m...oh wait you mean Celtic are paying that!

Surely GMS is worth more than Patterson on his own!!

Springbank
22-07-2016, 01:50 PM
I'd take Allan back in a second. With the squad we had now we'd blow away the Championship.

Hearts fans are desperate to link him to them every time he's mentioned.

i would take scott allan back in a new york minute, bygones are bygones

SaulGoodman
22-07-2016, 02:05 PM
i would take scott allan back in a new york minute, bygones are bygones

And judasing a-holes are judasing a-holes.

Finn2015
22-07-2016, 02:14 PM
Wtf what's going on? Meds please

BSEJVT
22-07-2016, 02:19 PM
Whilst there is no doubt Allan is a player, there is also no doubt he is a conniving little runt, who were the circumstances to arise again would have absolutely no qualms about shafting us all over again, regardless of the havoc that may wreak to us.

On the basis I would be against his return (not that I think it is even remotely likely)

Leith Mo
22-07-2016, 02:22 PM
Definitely no way is SA going to them but Patterson to Celtic and GMS on loan to them might be a poss.

22-07-2016, 02:36 PM
Allan isn't in the mould of a jambo player ala he plays football.

Exactly. Gets the ball down on the deck and plays football, unlike hearts traditional style of hoofing it up the park.

Keith_M
22-07-2016, 02:47 PM
Surely if Allan is going anywhere, it'll be to his 'boyhood heroes', to play alongside his pal.

Anything else will mean Celtc are trying to 'ruin his career'/ 'stifle his ambition' (delete as appropriate)

Thecat23
22-07-2016, 02:57 PM
Any word on Commons to us cat ?

It's gone very quiet on Commons so I'm hoping he's still coming.

Hibee87
22-07-2016, 02:57 PM
Where are Hearts finding £1.2m...oh wait you mean Celtic are paying that!

Surely GMS is worth more than Patterson on his own!!

Aye celtic buying rolf harris, sorry patterson for 1.2 mil and loaning them GMS.......i had a good chuckle

hibees 7062
22-07-2016, 02:59 PM

Obviously , he's a midfielder :greengrin

Thecat23
22-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Obviously , he's a midfielder :greengrin

😁

1van Sprou7e
22-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Would be devastated if Allan went to them

He's a roaster don't get me wrong, but he is exactly what they need right now

Is Henderson on big wages at Celtic? Could see him taking a slight pay cut to join us tbh but at the same time he could easily play at a higher level than the championship

Finn2015
22-07-2016, 03:20 PM
Surely if Allan is going anywhere, it'll be to his 'boyhood heroes', to play alongside his pal.

Anything else will mean Celtc are trying to 'ruin his career'/ 'stifle his ambition' (delete as appropriate)

Can't imagine Celtic selling him to sevco. However, poor from Celtic with Allan although I guess he made his bed etc. Just smacks to me all Celtic signed him for was to thumb their nose at sevco and he's never really been part of their plans

ancient hibee
22-07-2016, 03:21 PM
Would be devastated if Allan went to them

He's a roaster don't get me wrong, but he is exactly what they need right now

Is Henderson on big wages at Celtic? Could see him taking a slight pay cut to join us tbh but at the same time he could easily play at a higher level than the championship

Why come to us for less if he can go to Rotherham for more?

neil7908
22-07-2016, 03:35 PM
We don't need Scot Allan. He's a very good player but would be on a top wage and who is being dropped to replace him? Left side of the team badly needs strengthening ahead of another CM (albeit a very gifted one)

Since90+2
22-07-2016, 03:40 PM
Henderson would not need to take a pay cut to join us. Our top earners are currently earning more than him.

Eyrie
22-07-2016, 04:31 PM
I'd take Henderson over Allan every day of the week.

Best thing Allan can do is hope that Stubbs will want him at Rotherham because that was the manager who got the most from him.

livi hibs 1875
22-07-2016, 04:34 PM

Is the Hendo deal still sorted , :confused:

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-07-2016, 04:36 PM
Wonder if the Rangers would look at a player who Celtc have decided isn't good enough for them.

NikGunnarsson
22-07-2016, 04:38 PM
Would never forgive Allan for what he done but take him back in a heartbeat, the boy was a class above and would add to the squad so why not?

adhibs
22-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Would never forgive Allan for what he done but take him back in a heartbeat, the boy was a class above and would add to the squad so why not?

Because another good season and hed be working on a move to the rangers behind hibs backs again.

paddy1875
22-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Can we take both?

stoneyburn hibs
22-07-2016, 04:53 PM
Really can't see the lesser greens letting go of LH permanently.

3pm
22-07-2016, 04:56 PM
Because another good season and hed be working on a move to the rangers behind hibs backs again.

Yer kiddin.

He's not going to Rangers now.

easty
22-07-2016, 04:58 PM

And like last time, I'd trust Hibs to get the right deal for us, not him.

lord bunberry
22-07-2016, 05:01 PM
I'd love to see Scott Allan go down south and prove that he is the player we all thought he was. Rotherham would be a good fit for him with Stubbsy down there.

Jim44
22-07-2016, 05:10 PM
SA is going to be difficult for Celtic to place. I don't know what's left on his contract but he essentially hasn't played any worthwhile football for a year.

Vini1875
22-07-2016, 05:29 PM
I heard SA was going to Rotherham as he had kept in touch with AS. That was from a family member.

Sammy7nil
22-07-2016, 07:09 PM
Really can't see the lesser greens letting go of LH permanently.

Why not he miles and years away from their first team. Remember Allan was bought and has hardly had a sniff LH is way behind him.h

northstandhibby
22-07-2016, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=Eyrie;4767492]I'd take Henderson over Allan every day of the week.

Best thing Allan can do is hope that Stubbs will want him at Rotherham because that was the manager who got the most from him.[/QUOTE

Bang on the money for me.

I'd love Hendo to come back to ER. He is welcome back anytime in my book, a legend.

As for Allan I would only want him back if he publicly apologised. The rag Daily Ranger was just as much to blame as him though for instigating his move.

Glory Glory To The Hibees :flag:

superfurryhibby
22-07-2016, 07:19 PM
We don't need Scott Allan because we have John McGinn, Dylan McGeouch, Frazer Fyvie and Marvin Bartley who all play centre mid. We do need a good quality wide player, pref left sided and a goalie.
Hendo would add value to the squad, no doubt, but if we could bring in an effective wide boy, it may prove more valuable.

KWJ
22-07-2016, 07:51 PM
We don't need Scott Allan because we have John McGinn, Dylan McGeouch, Frazer Fyvie and Marvin Bartley who all play centre mid. We do need a good quality wide player, pref left sided and a goalie.
Hendo would add value to the squad, no doubt, but if we could bring in an effective wide boy, it may prove more valuable.

I agree.

On top of that, Allan played his own game. Everything we had went through him and that seemed to be the way he demanded it. While I think he's a very good player, I don't believe he'd make us a better team.

southsider
22-07-2016, 08:00 PM
I agree.

On top of that, Allan played his own game. Everything we had went through him and that seemed to be the way he demanded it. While I think he's a very good player, I don't believe he'd make us a better team.
We are a better TEAM without SA

Ozyhibby
22-07-2016, 08:11 PM
We are a better TEAM without SA

We scored less goals though and only managed the same amount of points as when he was here. Allan is a quality player and if he became available we would be mad not to go for him.
Saying we don't need him because we have Fyvie, McGinn, Bartley and McGeogh is crazy. How often are all these guys fit at the same time. Paul Hanlon has played midfield in our last two games. Allan or Henderson would be great additions to our squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucky
22-07-2016, 08:53 PM
SA would improve this Hibs team and is a better player than Henderson. But would be delighted if we got LH but don't need them both

superfurryhibby
23-07-2016, 09:35 AM
We scored less goals though and only managed the same amount of points as when he was here. Allan is a quality player and if he became available we would be mad not to go for him.
Saying we don't need him because we have Fyvie, McGinn, Bartley and McGeogh is crazy. How often are all these guys fit at the same time. Paul Hanlon has played midfield in our last two games. Allan or Henderson would be great additions to our squad.

We did however, win the Scottish Cup and reach the final of the League Cup without Allan!

We are effectively in pre-season and we players legs were a factor in terms of the substitutions etc that led to Hanlon moving in to the central mid role. If we had another wide player then maybe Dylan wouldn't need to run himself ragged out on the flank, where he contributes less anyway.

Allan is a self centred twat, we don't need him and the wages would be more effectively deployed by strengthening areas of the squad that are weaker than central midfield. Basic stuff.

Nutmegged
23-07-2016, 12:30 PM
It's gone very quiet on Commons so I'm hoping he's still coming.

It was always going to be quiet on that one, particularly until Commons is actually fit again, this one will go well into August before we got a conclusion one way or another.l IMO.

southsider
23-07-2016, 01:37 PM

SA is more about SA than Hinernian FC. Would he bust a gut to get back and track his man like Dylan or J McG. Doubtful. Is inho not a team player. Who would u rather have when chips were down ?

Onion
23-07-2016, 01:41 PM
I'd take Henderson over Allan every day of the week.

Best thing Allan can do is hope that Stubbs will want him at Rotherham because that was the manager who got the most from him.

:top marks Great team player and much better fit for current Hibs team. Allan has and always will be looking for the next move, rather than living in the moment (waster !). Hendo has tremendous attitude and could be twice the player of Allan in time.

Michael
23-07-2016, 01:45 PM
SA would improve this Hibs team and is a better player than Henderson. But would be delighted if we got LH but don't need them both

SA was better a year ago, but not anymore IMO. Henderson has improved immensely through last season and will be even better this season (if he comes in loan to us).

brog
23-07-2016, 01:52 PM
Scott Allan & John McGinn were the last 2 championship players of the year. Both are tremendous players but IMO SA has an eye for a pass that very few players in Scotland can match. Have a quick peek at our 4-0 win over Newco & just delight in his skill, ability & yes, energy. People need to realise players move on, in this day & age a 2 year contract is a lifetime. I doubt it will happen but the thought of SA & JMcG together is mouthwatering!

WhileTheChief..
23-07-2016, 02:03 PM
Henderson will sign for us, that's never been in doubt for over a year.

SA would be fantastic under Lennon. Would be a good move for all parties so hopefully we can sort something out.

We'll get both for a decent fee, their need to get shot of some players is greater than a few hundred grand right now. Sportsound was reporting that Rodgers can't even hold proper training sessions as there's too many folk milling about.

Allan's got nothing to apologise to Hibs fans for. Grow up.

superfurryhibby
23-07-2016, 02:17 PM
Henderson will sign for us, that's never been in doubt for over a year.

SA would be fantastic under Lennon. Would be a good move for all parties so hopefully we can sort something out.

We'll get both for a decent fee, their need to get shot of some players is greater than a few hundred grand right now. Sportsound was reporting that Rodgers can't even hold proper training sessions as there's too many folk milling about.

Allan's got nothing to apologise to Hibs fans for. Grow up.

Eh, nonsense.

If Henderson's move wasn't in doubt then why isn't he here?

As for Allan, we don't need him. We have too many central midfielders as it is. He won't be back at ER and we, at the risk of continually repeating the obvious, would be better investing a wage in areas of the team that need strengthened. Why is that so hard for folk to grasp?

Keith_M
23-07-2016, 02:21 PM

RE: The bit in bold.

We managed the same number of points, while reaching two cup finals and winning one of them.

I'd say that could be considered as an improvement

Cosmic Truth
23-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Would love to get Henderson, but I reckon there's virtually no chance of getting him from a wages perspective. Still, the Lennon factor could help, so we'll see.

I wonder if Henderson is on a big wage at Celtic? He's been on the fringes, but never established himself as a regular first team player. I doubt he'd have signed a big money deal with Celtic.

Ozyhibby
23-07-2016, 02:33 PM
Eh, nonsense.

As for Allan, we don't need him. We have too many central midfielders as it is. He won't be back at ER and we, at the risk of continually repeating the obvious, would be better investing a wage in areas of the team that need strengthened. Why is that so hard for folk to grasp?

If we have too many central midfielders, how come Paul Hanlon is having to play there?

Baw187
23-07-2016, 02:39 PM
If we have too many central midfielders, how come Paul Hanlon is having to play there?

He's covering Bartley as part of a formation that needs a defensive midfielder. Even if we had SA and/or LH Hanlon would still play that position in that formation if required.

southsider
23-07-2016, 02:39 PM

PH was played as an extra holding/defensive midfield player. Only Fyvie & Marv & perhaps Dylan can do that.

superfurryhibby
23-07-2016, 05:08 PM

As previously stated, because we were still effectively in pre season mode and playing a team that has started their league campaign. Bartley was knackered, as was Dylan. How many central midfielders do you think we need? I seem to count that we have Stanton, Handling, Fyvie, Bartley, McGeouch and McGinn. Not seeing much cover for left back- left midfield though or for the goalkeeping position.

I'll settle for Hanlon being forced to make the odd cameo appearance there ( how many times did he do this last season for example?), if we can strengthen elsewhere. Still wondering why that is difficult to grasp?

Cod Boy
23-07-2016, 05:11 PM
Both on the bench for Celtic just now.

Since90+2
23-07-2016, 05:12 PM
I wonder if Henderson is on a big wage at Celtic? He's been on the fringes, but never established himself as a regular first team player. I doubt he'd have signed a big money deal with Celtic.

Henderson is not on big money at Celtic.

Ozyhibby
23-07-2016, 05:41 PM
As previously stated, because we were still effectively in pre season mode and playing a team that has started their league campaign. Bartley was knackered, as was Dylan. How many central midfielders do you think we need? I seem to count that we have Stanton, Handling, Fyvie, Bartley, McGeouch and McGinn. Not seeing much cover for left back- left midfield though or for the goalkeeping position.

I'll settle for Hanlon being forced to make the odd cameo appearance there ( how many times did he do this last season for example?), if we can strengthen elsewhere. Still wondering why that is difficult to grasp?

Stanton and Handling aren't good enough and will be away before the end of the window.

superfurryhibby
23-07-2016, 05:54 PM
Stanton and Handling aren't good enough and will be away before the end of the window.

So who covers Lewis or wide left mid?

greenlex
23-07-2016, 05:59 PM
Where's the wee left back. Celtic played last season? Get Hendo to bring him with him.Ta

southsider
23-07-2016, 06:09 PM
SA on. Let's see if he can make an impact

Heisenberg
Henderson still not had a look in and Celtc have basically changed their full team. Get him back here Hibs.

Nitten Hibee
Allan just came on in their game against Leicester........

Brightside
23-07-2016, 06:10 PM
Even if it wasn't a done deal with Hibs....how can you keep a boy like that on the bench with all the rubbish on the park. Lets get it announced Monday morning and bring him home. :wink:

Wheat Hound
23-07-2016, 06:11 PM
Even if it wasn't a done deal with Hibs....how can you keep a boy like that on the bench with all the rubbish on the park. Lets get it announced Monday morning and bring him home. :wink:

Is the hold up Rodgers waiting till he brings players in do you think?

lord bunberry
23-07-2016, 06:16 PM
Allan has had a couple of decent touches so far. He has a lot of composure.

s.a.m
23-07-2016, 06:24 PM

Wid ye stoap it wae the winkin'!!!! I get all :dancer::dancer: then nothing happens and I get all :worried:
:greengrin

Paisley Hibby
23-07-2016, 06:29 PM
Eh, nonsense.

I'm at Parkhead just now for Celtic v Leicester game. Scott Allan came on with 15 minutes to go and apart from a couple of nice wee touches made no impression on the game. Celtic have loads of far better midfield players than him. Henderson didn't even get off the bench. Can't see either staying with Celtic.

Hibbyradge
23-07-2016, 06:30 PM

I can't see it happening now, even though I know your info is always credible.

Golden Bear
23-07-2016, 06:53 PM

Much as I would like it to happen, it's simply not going to happen, and that's not based on any inside information but only on how things have/are panning out.

BoomtownHibees
23-07-2016, 07:02 PM
So who covers Lewis or wide left mid?

Neither of these 2 regardless if they stay or not

snooky
23-07-2016, 07:03 PM
I agree.

:agree:

superfurryhibby
23-07-2016, 07:09 PM
Neither of these 2 regardless if they stay or not

Exactly. It's about priorities and centre mid isn't one.

Brightside
23-07-2016, 08:01 PM
Much as I would like it to happen, it's simply not going to happen, and that's not based on any inside information but only on how things have/are panning out.

I will be astonished if it is not announced next week.

livi hibs 1875
23-07-2016, 08:27 PM
Loving the confidence :flag:

Borderhibbie76
24-07-2016, 08:43 AM
How confident are you say out of 10 that this will happen Underscore??? Your getting my hopes up here buddy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hfc rd
24-07-2016, 10:02 AM

I hope you're right! Would love to have Hendo back!

24-07-2016, 04:11 PM
Be delighted if we managed to get Henderson back. Come on Lennon and Leeann make it happen :aok:

As for Allan, good player with bags of skill but for me he doesn't have the same passion and attitude as Henderson does.

hibby6270
24-07-2016, 05:33 PM

Would doubt it. As a 19/20 year old he'll not be on big money. If he were to sign an extension with Celtic, that might put him out of our wage structure but there's no talk of Celtic doing that is there?

From a footballing point of view, a couple of seasons with us will do him no harm. If he's still playing well/ better in 2or 3 years, we'll be the ones to benefit by selling him on.

Still loved the way he shook his finger at the ref in the Cup final when he disagreed with a decision against him. That showed what side he wants to play for. :thumbsup:

Come back to ER Hendo. You know it makes sense.:agree:

Gmack7
24-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Hendo signed a 4 year deal prior to coming to Hibs last season

hfc rd
24-07-2016, 09:30 PM

That was under Deila. Rodgers may have a different opinion.

ancient hibee
24-07-2016, 10:13 PM
That was under Deila. Rodgers may have a different opinion.

It's it's still a long term contract regardless of who the manager is so Henderson is in control of the situation.

AgentDaleCooper
24-07-2016, 10:32 PM

Think it was a 3 year deal?

w pilton hibby
24-07-2016, 10:45 PM
Think it was a 3 year deal?

Was three years

http://www.celticfc.net/news/8836

J-C
25-07-2016, 08:56 AM
It's it's still a long term contract regardless of who the manager is so Henderson is in control of the situation.

You mentioned this in the Handling thread, length of contracts mean diddly squat nowadays if the management have decided you're not needed, the only problem long contracts have is if the wages are particularly high and it's too much to pay them off.

IIRC Suarez had just signed a new mega bucks deal at Liverpool not long before Barca signed him due to his on field problems.

Ozyhibby
25-07-2016, 09:14 AM
You mentioned this in the Handling thread, length of contracts mean diddly squat nowadays if the management have decided you're not needed, the only problem long contracts have is if the wages are particularly high and it's too much to pay them off.

IIRC Suarez had just signed a new mega bucks deal at Liverpool not long before Barca signed him due to his on field problems.

Correct. Handling has a bit of security knowing that he has two years left on his deal but will (hopefully) know himself that he needs to move on to get game time now or it will be his last professional contract. The lads career is hanging by a thread. There are not a lot of aces in his hand. Hopefully it is just a minor injury and he gets the move he needs.

southern hibby
25-07-2016, 09:26 AM
right genuine question and before someone says it I'm not stirring just curious as to witch way folk would go........

If we have only enough money for either Henderson of a fast player so we get the ball forward quicker who would you go for?????

Before you pick think of this, look how easily we beat Motherwell and played against Brondby without Henderson, granted Motherwell was pre season. Look how well speed did against Birmingham again granted pre season.

I'm in no way hinting we don't sign Henderson as he is a mouth watering prospect who has shown his passion for Hibs, but there are alternative options if we don't get him.

GGTTH

ancient hibee
25-07-2016, 09:33 AM

Except that the club can only move the player with his consent.If he wants to sit out his contract he can.

J-C
25-07-2016, 09:41 AM
Except that the club can only move the player with his consent.If he wants to sit out his contract he can.

True but not many want to sit and rot away in the reserves, especially if you're not on mega bucks, which Henderson and Handling won't be on, getting on with our career will be important.

J-C
25-07-2016, 09:48 AM
right genuine question and before someone says it I'm not stirring just curious as to witch way folk would go........

If we have only enough money for either Henderson of a fast player so we get the ball forward quicker who would you go for?????

Before you pick think of this, look how easily we beat Motherwell and played against Brondby without Henderson, granted Motherwell was pre season. Look how well speed did against Birmingham again granted pre season.

I'm in no way hinting we don't sign Henderson as he is a mouth watering prospect who has shown his passion for Hibs, but there are alternative options if we don't get him.

GGTTH

Henderson is an attacking midfielder with a bloody good footballing brain and a heart that goes with it. At this moment in time we have 3 wide men at Hibs, Boyle ( who Lennon seems to like ) Carmichael and Harris, Boyle and Harris genuine fast wingers. Are these 3 enough to see us up or do we still need someone just that wee bit better and is Henderson enough to unlock defences.

Deansy
25-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Whilst there is no doubt Allan is a player, there is also no doubt he is a conniving little runt, who were the circumstances to arise again would have absolutely no qualms about shafting us all over again, regardless of the havoc that may wreak to us.

On the basis I would be against his return (not that I think it is even remotely likely)

THIS !.

Pains me to say it as Scott Allan has proved he IS a fantastic talent but that talent is equally matched by an amazing lack of moral-character, who's history (hard to believe he's STILL only in his early 20's !) of sticking it to clubs who've done nothing but try to help his career matches the length of time he's been a professional football-player. In fact, I think Septic are the first club he HASN'T given the finger to ?

jackfreid
25-07-2016, 01:07 PM

Henderson is on 1k a week at Celtic

Smartie
25-07-2016, 01:43 PM
I think Henderson would be a pretty good stop-gap striker as well.

He'd be quite a good, clever number 10 imo.

The_Horde
25-07-2016, 01:55 PM
Henderson is an attacking midfielder with a bloody good footballing brain and a heart that goes with it. At this moment in time we have 3 wide men at Hibs, Boyle ( who Lennon seems to like ) Carmichael and Harris, Boyle and Harris genuine fast wingers. Are these 3 enough to see us up or do we still need someone just that wee bit better and is Henderson enough to unlock defences.

With Holt in there. I think we'll see Henderson with a lot more assists.

Frogga
26-07-2016, 07:34 AM
The gossip column this morning suggests Neil is trying to get a permanent deal for Liam. It's a quote from the Sun but would be amazing if true!

Thecat23
26-07-2016, 07:41 AM
The gossip column this morning suggests Neil is trying to get a permanent deal for Liam. It's a quote from the Sun but would be amazing if true!

Hibs tried to get him a while back on a perm but were turned down. Won't be to surprised if we now do get him long term.

Lago
26-07-2016, 11:10 AM
Hibs tried to get him a while back on a perm but were turned down. Won't be to surprised if we now do get him long term.
What makes you think that ? Genuine question.

Ozyhibby
26-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Henderson is in the same situation as Stanton, Handling and Harris. He needs games. If he's not first pick at Celtic then he needs to get himself out of there.

Thecat23
26-07-2016, 11:25 AM

Just from what I've been told. Hibs offered a perm deal few weeks back but Celtic shot it down then. But seems it's now back on rather than a loan deal.

Be here I'd expect this week!

J-C
26-07-2016, 11:26 AM

Celtic have around 15 central midfielders, they play a 4-3-3 system, 15 into 3 is a lot of players on the bench.

JimBHibees
26-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Celtic have around 15 central midfielders, they play a 4-3-3 system, 15 into 3 is a lot of players on the bench.

Also Rodgers will want to bring some more players in for midfield on top of what they currently have.

Lago
26-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Just from what I've been told. Hibs offered a perm deal few weeks back but Celtic shot it down then. But seems it's now back on rather than a loan deal.

Be here I'd expect this week!
Hope it happens, big big playervfor us:agree:

Thecat23
26-07-2016, 01:04 PM
Hope it happens, big big playervfor us:agree:

Yeah same here. Be a big statement from Hibs imo.

NAE NOOKIE
26-07-2016, 01:07 PM

GGTTH

The one thing probably more than anything else Henderson brings to the table is his attitude, I genuinely think its infectious and spreads through a team that already looks well motivated even without him.

If there was one thing that bugged me more than anything else last season it was those folk who started on about players not trying hard enough as soon as we had a bad spell ....... they never seemed able to point out who these alleged non triers were. Some folk find it hard to see the difference between 'having a bad game' and 'not trying' .... of all our players Fraser Fyvie is the target for that, he sometimes has bad games, but always tries and never hides.

Smartie
26-07-2016, 01:19 PM
The one thing probably more than anything else Henderson brings to the table is his attitude, I genuinely think its infectious and spreads through a team that already looks well motivated even without him.

If there was one thing that bugged me more than anything else last season it was those folk who started on about players not trying hard enough as soon as we had a bad spell ....... they never seemed able to point out who these alleged non triers were. Some folk find it hard to see the difference between 'having a bad game' and 'not trying' .... of all our players Fraser Fyvie is the target for that, he sometimes has bad games, but always tries and never hides.

:agree: Totally agree

We've had some wasters in the past whose heads have gone down but that could never have been levelled at the players last season.

If anything I think they were guilty of trying too hard at times, i.e. Stokes and Cummings dropping deep to get involved instead of staying up the park waiting for service.

26-07-2016, 02:40 PM
Hendersons attitude was absolutely first class when he was at hibs, especially for a young laddie. When you look back at some of the wasters we've had in the past who attitudes stank. Henderson has bag of ability and potential but all that can be wasted with a bad attitude so hopefully he keeps it up and makes a great career for himself.

Too many promising young players in the past have wasted their careers because they had a bad attitude and got too big for their boots. O'Conner being one of them. Yes he got his big money move to Russia but his career could have been so much more successful if he had just got the head down, worked hard and stayed away from the nonsense rather than getting carried away thinking he was a bit of a big shot.

ancient hibee
26-07-2016, 04:01 PM
Henderson was also prepared to start on the bench and come on and give everything.I liked that.

Finn2015
26-07-2016, 04:13 PM
Would be amazing to have Henderson back please make it happen!

Wee Effen Bee
26-07-2016, 04:15 PM
Henderson was also prepared to start on the bench and come on and give everything.I liked that.
Definitely. If I had the money, I would buy him as a present for the Hibees family. :greengrin

Green_one
26-07-2016, 04:35 PM

The boy always played 100% for the jersey. Never looked like a loan player

Leith_Hibee
26-07-2016, 04:42 PM
I suspect if he was sold to Hibs there would be some form of buy back clause, surprised Celtic would want to sell him.

Greencore
26-07-2016, 04:56 PM
What amazes me about him is the fact he isn't even a hibs fan. He's a die hard Celtic fan, but the amount of passion he gave for us he looked like a boyhood fan playing for the team he loves. I'd like to see us get him, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Hope I'm very very wrong.

Thecat23
26-07-2016, 04:58 PM
I suspect if he was sold to Hibs there would be some form of buy back clause, surprised Celtic would want to sell him.

Basically they will have first option to buy back and if they don't want him get a very good cut if Hibs go on to sell him further down the line.

HibernianJK
26-07-2016, 05:02 PM
Is it just me who thought Henderson was pretty inconsistent last season? Granted the ability is there and the effort is never in doubt but he did not always show what he was capable of.

Cat Stanton
26-07-2016, 05:03 PM
Is it just me who thought Henderson was pretty inconsistent last season? Granted the ability is there and the effort is never in doubt but he did not always show what he was capable of.

Yep, just you...

bingo70
26-07-2016, 05:05 PM

Yeah, I think he's a very good player and would be a terrific signing but I know what you mean, a lot of games passed him by.

I think we need to remember though just how young he is, it's to be expected that he'd be inconsistent and I think last season would have done him the world of good and I'm sure why he doesn't want to go back to playing reserve team football for Celtic.

Lee Marvin
26-07-2016, 05:05 PM

He was 19.

19!

ElginHibbie
26-07-2016, 05:09 PM
If this does happen and the club Twitter doesn't tease it with "What a moment this is, we have some big news to deliver...." I will be extremly disappointed

mentalhibee
26-07-2016, 05:24 PM

He was brilliant last season. Would love him to sign permanently!

Onion
26-07-2016, 05:28 PM

He a young boy who played beyond his years. Would be an amazing signing if we could capture him.

26-07-2016, 05:38 PM
The boy always played 100% for the jersey. Never looked like a loan player

Attitude was absolutely first class

Viva_Palmeiras
26-07-2016, 05:44 PM
He was 19.

19!

Nnnnnn-Nineteen
Nnnnnn-Nineteen... ;)

BH Hibs
26-07-2016, 05:58 PM
He a young boy who played beyond his years. Would be an amazing signing if we could capture him.

Agreed. I remember the Dumbarton game when he was trying to drag the whole team back into the game almost singlehandedly both by his actions and performance. It had been a long while since I'd seen a Hibs player show much passion for the club, apart from maybe Sparky, and that's forgetting the fact he was a 19 year old on loan. Love the way he celebrates every goal as well.

26-07-2016, 06:01 PM

He's a young lad, be very unfair to expect a MoM performance every week. He's still learning, he's going to make mistakes now and again and have off games but the games where is he is on top form and makes a very big contribution more than make up for it.

NikGunnarsson
26-07-2016, 06:04 PM
Would absolutely love to see him back, his attitude was first class and near the end of the season he really came into his game. But it is true that he was inconsistent at times but that was probably due to him just putting in everything he had every match bound to get tired

adhibs
26-07-2016, 06:23 PM

I thought he didnt live up to his hype originally, but the more the season progressed he was an excellent part of the team. Would be delighted if he signed permanently

xyz23jc
26-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Nnnnnn-Nineteen
Nnnnnn-Nineteen... ;)

:greengrin Exactly my thoughts! Great minds and fools etc. :thumbsup::agree:

Ronniekirk
26-07-2016, 06:45 PM

You need to remember how young he Is and how little first team experience he had before he joined us and how quickly he adapted Great prospect with good engine and aptitude and can only improve under Lennon Get hi signed up

Hibee Mac
26-07-2016, 07:35 PM
One thing Henderson really brings to the team is set piece delivery. Towards the end of last season his corners in particular were outstanding (look no further than the scottish cup final for proof). He really whips them into the box, none of this floating balls to the back post at every opportunity.

I feel it was quite obvious from our games against brondby that it is an area which could be improved and I'd love to see Henderson taking them for hibs again on a permanent basis.

CapitalGreen
26-07-2016, 07:41 PM

Name one player in the last 15 years this wasn't the case for

David Murphy is the only player I can think of.

J-C
26-07-2016, 08:10 PM
No one is perfect hence why they're playing for either us or Celtic and not Barca/Real. The laddie grew into the season and by the end was one our best players, he has a great work ethic and football brain. I'm pretty sure his granddad and some family are Hibs fans, so he gets what Hibs are about, hence his great attitude.

Gmack7
26-07-2016, 08:14 PM
His reaction at the final whistle is brilliant

Hibby70
26-07-2016, 08:16 PM

Only bettered by John Doolan's at the goal.

Leith_Hibee
26-07-2016, 08:17 PM
No one is perfect hence why they're playing for either us or Celtic and not Barca/Real. The laddie grew into the season and by the end was one our best players, he has a great work ethic and football brain. I'm pretty sure his granddad and some family are Hibs fans, so he gets what Hibs are about, hence his great attitude. Agree with this re growing into the season, he was inconsistent at first (expected for someone that young) but got better and better.

Topographic Hibby
26-07-2016, 08:18 PM
You mean this? It is a thing of great beauty!! This one is going in my framed montage I'm making up...!!

Greenworld
26-07-2016, 08:21 PM
Don't think hibs will get him championship English sides also interested according to wedgie pal however player power might win the day

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Callum7
26-07-2016, 08:45 PM
I'm not sure if this page is reliable but it sounds a lot better coming from a Celtic page than a Hibs page.

HibernianJK
26-07-2016, 08:46 PM
Yep, just you...

Yeah, I think he's a very good player and would be a terrific signing but I know what you mean, a lot of games passed him by.

I think we need to remember though just how young he is, it's to be expected that he'd be inconsistent and I think last season would have done him the world of good and I'm sure why he doesn't want to go back to playing reserve team football for Celtic.

He was 19.

19!

He was brilliant last season. Would love him to sign permanently!

He's a young lad, be very unfair to expect a MoM performance every week. He's still learning, he's going to make mistakes now and again and have off games but the games where is he is on top form and makes a very big contribution more than make up for it.

I thought he didnt live up to his hype originally, but the more the season progressed he was an excellent part of the team. Would be delighted if he signed permanently

You need to remember how young he Is and how little first team experience he had before he joined us and how quickly he adapted Great prospect with good engine and aptitude and can only improve under Lennon Get hi signed up

Name one player in the last 15 years this wasn't the case for

David Murphy is the only player I can think of.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to sign him permanently and think he has a very bright future. I just don't think he was even in our best 3/4 players last season!

BH Hibs
26-07-2016, 08:53 PM
Don't get me wrong I'd love to sign him permanently and think he has a very bright future. I just don't think he was even in our best 3/4 players last season!

Now you are having a laugh. :faf:

Logie
26-07-2016, 08:54 PM
Would be priority for me... I would try and prize him out of Celtics hands for a permanent move.... If they dont want to keep him then I wouldn't think they would ask for fortunes for him! He has the potential to be an unbelievable baller. His contribution last season was immense, passion, desire the lot all wrapped in one. He's young and alot to learn but anyone who thinks he's not that good etc needs head tested. Did you watch the final? His corners after coming on as a sub? We scored a few last season from his delivery so behave. Try get him and a long contract so we can cash in when he moves on. Win win.

West lower
26-07-2016, 09:00 PM
Would be priority for me... I would try and prize him out of Celtics hands for a permanent move.... If they dont want to keep him then I wouldn't think they would ask for fortunes for him! He has the potential to be an unbelievable baller. His contribution last season was immense, passion, desire the lot all wrapped in one. He's young and alot to learn but anyone who thinks he's not that good etc needs head tested. Did you watch the final? His corners after coming on as a sub? We scored a few last season from his delivery so behave. Try get him and a long contract so we can cash in when he moves on. Win win.

I think a quality keeper is of higher priority, but I do hope Henderson comes in too.

Thecat23
26-07-2016, 09:12 PM
In, Henderson, Pawlett, Commons.

Out Harris, Carmichael, and possibly Stanton.

Hibs working very hard to get all these done this week with Henderson being the first as some expected 😉👍🏼

HibernianJK
26-07-2016, 09:12 PM

Mcginn, Hanlon, Mcgregor?

McGeouch when fit was also better. Please try and argue that?

bigwheel
26-07-2016, 09:14 PM

Hibs working very hard to get all these done this week with Henderson being the first as some expected 

that's probably 30 goals right there.....

Hope Carmichael comes back though - think he is a player...that said...all those three coming in, are a different level...

cloudy
26-07-2016, 09:14 PM

Hibs working very hard to get all these done this week with Henderson being the first as some expected 😉👍🏼what about bain from Dundee?

Thecat23
26-07-2016, 09:17 PM
what about bain from Dundee?

Not heard anything on him? Is there interest?

Thecat23
26-07-2016, 09:17 PM
that's probably 30 goals right there.....

Hope Carmichael comes back though - think he is a player...that said...all those three coming in, are a different level...

Fully agree.

Lee Marvin
26-07-2016, 09:22 PM

Hibs working very hard to get all these done this week with Henderson being the first as some expected 😉👍🏼

This may sound daft, but I genuinely believe we would have top many good midfielders if this happens.

I'd much rather have Henderson, commons and a striker.

Thecat23
26-07-2016, 09:23 PM
This may sound daft, but I genuinely believe we would have top many good midfielders if this happens.

I'd much rather have Henderson, commons and a striker.

Never have to many good players ;)

Dashing Bob S
26-07-2016, 09:23 PM
Fully agree.

If these all come off, I'm loving the balls and arrogance of Lennon's Hibs, as it looks like we're already building for the season after next in the Premier.

Alex Trager
26-07-2016, 09:24 PM
You mean this? It is a thing of great beauty!! This one is going in my framed montage I'm making up...!!

I have a midterm tags of the whole run as my computer background at work. This picture is also interesting with Gunnarson on the background. I imagine he is thinking 'oh ya ****er'

Ergye
26-07-2016, 09:29 PM
If these all come off, I'm loving the balls and arrogance of Lennon's Hibs, as it looks like we're already building for the season after next in the Premier.

and the one after that in the Champions League. :not worth

cloudy
26-07-2016, 09:33 PM

Sure I read on here that we had made enquiries, possibly using carmichael as part of the deal

BH Hibs
26-07-2016, 09:34 PM
Mcginn, Hanlon, Mcgregor?

McGeouch when fit was also better. Please try and argue that?

But he wasn't always fit throughput the course of the season and anyway I'd argue Hendo was better due to his work rate as well as his crosses and deliveries. I'll give you McGinn though and maybe Hanlon was on a par with him but as much as I like McGregor he wasn't even first choice for a lot of the season.

Thecat23
26-07-2016, 09:36 PM
Sure I read on here that we had made enquiries, possibly using carmichael as part of the deal

Really? Will try find out if there's anything in that mate. 👍🏼

Jonnyboy
26-07-2016, 09:39 PM
what about bain from Dundee?

silverhibee and I said we should have signed him from Alloa but nobody paid any attention :greengrin

The Captain....
26-07-2016, 09:44 PM
Bain would be a fantastic signing but I'm sure the guy who posted earlier said Dundee had put a million pound valuation on him. 2 years of his contract to go so they'd be in no rush to sell I'd imagine.

I'm excited by the possible signings of Hendo and Commons...less so with Pawlett..I don't think he'd improve us tbh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-07-2016, 09:50 PM
Loving all this transfer chat. If we can get the players in mentioned above then wow that's amazing!!

If I was Lennon I'd be giving a very short speech to the players as such "Leicester City - look at what can be achieved by sticking together"

The "premiership" ain't all that great. I'd be telling everyone we can go up and challenge next season. Tell players like Mcginn and Cummings that if they wanna win titles in Scotland stay with hibs. This team has already achieved immortality and it's only just beginning

Thecat23
26-07-2016, 09:51 PM
silverhibee and I said we should have signed him from Alloa but nobody paid any attention :greengrin

Scott although a Jambo would have jumped at that. Was still a joiner back then.

HibernianJK
26-07-2016, 09:56 PM
But he wasn't always fit throughput the course of the season and anyway I'd argue Hendo was better due to his work rate as well as his crosses and deliveries. I'll give you McGinn though and maybe Hanlon was on a par with him but as much as I like McGregor he wasn't even first choice for a lot of the season.

Mcgeouch controlled games whenever he played. Henderson drifted out of games a lot and like Mcgregor wasn't always first choice. Mcginn and Hanlon were out best 2 players by far IMO.

As I've said, Henderson is a great talent but signing him/not signing him will not make or break our season.

Hibernian Verse
26-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Loving all this transfer chat. If we can get the players in mentioned above then wow that's amazing!!

If I was Lennon I'd be giving a very short speech to the players as such "Leicester City - look at what can be achieved by sticking together"

The "premiership" ain't all that great. I'd be telling everyone we can go up and challenge next season. Tell players like Mcginn and Cummings that if they wanna win titles in Scotland stay with hibs. This team has already achieved immortality and it's only just beginning
I like your optimism but it's a bit early in the week to be on the sesh is it no? Haha

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

monktonharp
26-07-2016, 09:59 PM
If these all come off, I'm loving the balls and arrogance of Lennon's Hibs, as it looks like we're already building for the season after next in the Premier.I'd have to agree with that DB, but it does seem a big ask. 3 quality players, and we do have a few at or near that level just now. if we got a couple of those , pleasing.

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-07-2016, 10:01 PM
I like your optimism but it's a bit early in the week to be on the sesh is it no? Haha

Haha I've not been this optimistic about hibs in nearly 10 years. We've made a lot of mistakes and had a helluva lot of hurt but I genuinely believe this team (if kept together) could do serious damage against most of the premiership.

We won't be playing teams coming to defend for 90 mins

Hibernian Verse
26-07-2016, 10:03 PM
Haha I've not been this optimistic about hibs in nearly 10 years. We've made a lot of mistakes and had a helluva lot of hurt but I genuinely believe this team (if kept together) could do serious damage against most of the premiership.

We won't be playing teams coming to defend for 90 mins
Only joking, I totally agree with you. Hopefully we do well in the cups again to lay down a marker.

GreenLake
27-07-2016, 03:29 AM

Yes, imagine the wrath of the Celtic and the new club if we are playing the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd.

Viva_Palmeiras
27-07-2016, 04:19 AM

Yup

Greenworld
27-07-2016, 05:42 AM
Favourite front two is Cowan and Durie. Maybe not great individually but a proper partnership.
What a season they had never missed a game

Yes, imagine the wrath of the Celtic and the new club if we are playing the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd.
The board has had discussions with sky who run English football and are considering an offer to join the English set up.[emoji102] [emoji102]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

el hibs
27-07-2016, 05:48 AM
[QUOTE=GreenNWhiteArmy;4771561]Loving all this transfer chat. If we can get the players in mentioned above then wow that's amazing!!

An excellent post to read. Add in, hang around for a sold out Proclaimers testimonial season, or in a few years we'll sell you to Rotherham for mega bucks so you can add an EPL medal to your SPL medal and you'll get this % of the fee. Keeping this group of legends together will be a joy to watch. They are never short of giving everything for each other.

Jones28
27-07-2016, 05:51 AM

I heard there was but have Dundee not been quoted as wanting a million for him? Someone on here said so.