PDA

View Full Version : Ross Laidlaw

Wheat Hound
22-07-2016, 12:13 AM
Very assured. Couple of good saves and distribution and handling solid. I wonder if he'll be given more games to impress or if there is another keeper in the pipeline?

Mibbes Aye
22-07-2016, 12:24 AM
Very assured. Couple of good saves and distribution and handling solid. I wonder if he'll be given more games to impress or if there is another keeper in the pipeline?

I think there's bound to be another. Ross only has around fifty pro games under his belt and nothing approaching a full season. I can't imagine Lennon would want to go for promotion with him and Virtanen as his only choices.

Did well enough tonight though, good game for the confidence and hopefully he is able to contend for the keeper's shirt and develop as a player.

dp00
22-07-2016, 02:26 AM
Surely the player in form keeps the jersey, IMO he has done nothing wrong to lose it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forza Fred
22-07-2016, 04:03 AM
Surely the player in form keeps the jersey, IMO he has done nothing wrong to lose it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No argument with that, but it's such a critical position that we need some insurance against his possible injury..two of equal quality fighting It out seems the way to go

Steve20
22-07-2016, 04:11 AM
We need a new keeper in. As well as Laidlaw did, one performance doesn't mean we chuck the idea of getting a keeper in.

I'd hope a keeper and other players would be arriving in the next week or so.

ACLeith
22-07-2016, 06:14 AM
Is he a loanee from Raith or is he signed?

Just Jimmy
22-07-2016, 07:02 AM
His save at the death was sensational and they didn't get the corner. Thought he looked solid. Was unlucky with their first two penalties too. Especially the first one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
22-07-2016, 07:20 AM
Is he a loanee from Raith or is he signed?

Signed.

I think we will bring in another and they will fight it out with Laidlaw for the gloves. I'm not sure where Virtanen goes from here but it wouldn't suprise me to see him leave in January if he can find something else.

ACLeith
22-07-2016, 07:22 AM
Signed.

I think we will bring in another and they will fight it out with Laidlaw for the gloves. I'm not sure where Virtanen goes from here but it wouldn't suprise me to see him leave in January if he can find something else.

Thanks PB, that's what I was hoping is the case. Means he is free to make a fool of RS :thumbsup:

johncrobertson@
22-07-2016, 07:31 AM
Was he at Raith when Grant Murray was Manager there? Obviously recommended, despite having been out for such a long time. He deserves some good fortune after what he has been through.

Thecat23
22-07-2016, 07:35 AM
Thought he had a very good game, clean sheet away from home in 120 mins of football is very good.

I thought he could maybe have stopped the first couple of pens but I'm certainly not blaming him in any way. Hope he keeps the number 1 jersey for now he deserves it.

number9dream
22-07-2016, 08:50 AM
He played well and certainly deserves a chance to hold on to the jersey. He could maybe do with some porridge and a few press-ups - a stronger hand might have kept that second penalty out.
We need three keepers, so surely another one is on the way.

Brightside
22-07-2016, 08:56 AM
If he does well he should keep the gloves. If that was an Italian goalie last night we'd be talking about what an amazing signing he was.

bigwheel
22-07-2016, 08:59 AM
He has the gloves just now and has earned the right to be number 1. Good luck to him.

I would prefer us to also bring in someone with a better pedigree......I don't think it is a season to take risks on the goalkeeping position - we need to get promoted. So we need competition.

erin go bragh
22-07-2016, 09:05 AM
He had a great 120 mins but thought he could have saved a couple of their pens . Bit harsh yes but still feel we need a keeper with a big presence.

hibsbollah
22-07-2016, 09:08 AM
If Lennon was going to give the gloves permanently to a player on the strength of one game he would have kept Conrad Logan. I've no doubt we'll get another keeper very shortly.

Jdawg
22-07-2016, 10:13 AM
If Lennon was going to give the gloves permanently to a player on the strength of one game he would have kept Conrad Logan. I've no doubt we'll get another keeper very shortly.

Or he also seen his monumental clanger against Falkirk.