PDA

View Full Version : Championship

Dashing Bob S
21-07-2016, 09:40 PM
The squad is a bit light, but that sort of organization and effort sustained through the fixture list will see us win this league comfortably. I don't think any other side in the championship would have come close to matching Brondby over two legs.

With Lennon and Nosey's drive, we should maintain this level of performance and romp our way back into the top division.

Sir David Gray
21-07-2016, 09:44 PM
If the two matches against Brondby are anything to go by then we should win the league by at least 10-15 points.

H18 SFR
21-07-2016, 09:46 PM
The league is ours, any challenge will fade out by February.

I also think that we are going to put one hell of a fight up to retain the Scottish Cup.

Lancs Harp
21-07-2016, 09:57 PM
Very hopeful for the coming season.

One thing the Europa Cup has done for us is made us far better prepared for the start of the league campaign and we should be up and running come August 6th. Last season I thought our preparation wasn't good enough, not enough games and against modest opposition, the result of which was a hammering by rangers and defeat at Dumbarton. The two European games with matches against Motherwell and Birmingham as well as the usual development squad games and I think or prep is much better this season.

Ready for the battle first game of the season this time around.

cabbageandribs1875
21-07-2016, 10:06 PM
The squad is a bit light, but that sort of organization and effort sustained through the fixture list will see us win this league comfortably. I don't think any other side in the championship would have come close to matching Brondby over two legs.

With Lennon and Nosey's drive, we should maintain this level of performance and romp our way back into the top division.

i don't think any teams in the big boys league would have came as close either tbf, imo of course

Dashing Bob S
22-07-2016, 12:51 AM
i don't think any teams in the big boys league would have came as close either tbf, imo of course

I think Hearts would have tested them on current European form.

Ergye
22-07-2016, 01:54 AM
You are most certainly correct.

I think the only thing that is going to stop us winning this league in style however is the lack of a cult hero type foreigner with an exotic name and laid back, come what may attitude. Someone to get the fans dancing and excited, someone who can ping one in from the left wing using something that is tucked in his sock perhaps? I wanna see fans waving a strange flag with elephants and marijuana leaves on it. God knows Scotland is a dank and dour place and our football is a mirror of that.

We need an injection of foreign talent. We currently have a talented squad of young Scots guys and a few experienced ugly English men, which is all well and good, but you don't win anything with Brits.

Come on Lenny. If his name has more vowels than consonants in it we want him signed immediately.

Yes I am drinking.
No I don't care.

GGTTH.

Dashing Bob S
22-07-2016, 02:39 AM
You are most certainly correct.

I think the only thing that is going to stop us winning this league in style however is the lack of a cult hero type foreigner with an exotic name and laid back, come what may attitude. Someone to get the fans dancing and excited, someone who can ping one in from the left wing using something that is tucked in his sock perhaps? I wanna see fans waving a strange flag with elephants and marijuana leaves on it. God knows Scotland is a dank and dour place and our football is a mirror of that.

We need an injection of foreign talent. We currently have a talented squad of young Scots guys and a few experienced ugly English men, which is all well and good, but you don't win anything with Brits.

Come on Lenny. If his name has more vowels than consonants in it we want him signed immediately.

Yes I am drinking.
No I don't care.

GGTTH.

Agree with every damn word you've written.

Winston Ingram
22-07-2016, 06:52 AM
If the two matches against Brondby are anything to go by then we should win the league by at least 10-15 points.

You would expect so and I have little worries against the better sides. I'm still quite sceptical about our ability to breakdown the crap who's only interest is to brick up the goal