PDA

View Full Version : Imagine what it felt like

#FromTheCapital
21-07-2016, 01:56 PM
To be in the the Rangers end at Hampden on the 21st of May. The disappointment of losing an early goal, overcome by a Kenny Millar equaliser and an Andy Halliday wonder strike. Going in to the last 10 minutes thinking that your team, who have only been in existence for 4 years, are going to win the Scottish cup.... All of a sudden Hibs get a corner, but it's ok, Tavernier has this... Oh **** Stokes just equalised 2-2. But it's ok, we are the Rangers and we'll still win.

92 minutes on the clock, another hibs corner. Again, it's ok, Tavernier has this.... Liam Henderson floats a beautiful ball into the box and David Gray bullets it into the net... Hampden erupts in a sea of green and white - that must have been soul destroying 😊😊😊

Thecat23
21-07-2016, 02:06 PM
Hope it hurt like hell watching us win it the way we did. We deserved the win no doubt about that!

Northernhibee
21-07-2016, 02:33 PM
The league cup final hurt a lot.

Hibby Gav
21-07-2016, 02:46 PM
I hope it hurt....we have had to take everyones jokes...slating etc for years and years... and it could happen to a better team....may their next sh*t be a hedgehog !
But I have to say...just hearing your description made me smile :wink:

ggtth

Lee Marvin
21-07-2016, 02:59 PM
Unfortunately I don't have to imagine how it felt.

Thankfully, I didn't have to feel it again.

Alex Trager
21-07-2016, 03:19 PM
There is a fantastic video on YouTube from the Rangers end.
It is an absolute delight
It is similar to the hearts '**** off Cummings ya reject'

https://youtu.be/_KpEp3zFsP4

Enjoy.
I'd recommend watching it the whole way through

Canon Hannan
21-07-2016, 03:20 PM
I know they are hurting. One of my clients is a sevco fan ad he is really really hurting! Wants us to apologise for everything!!!!

It's rather humorous.

Ergye
21-07-2016, 03:22 PM
Another kick in the danglers for those guys that they well deserve. Since they died in 2012 it's been beautiful schadenfreude. Just amazing. Fair play to the smaller percentage of guys for continuing to offer some support for the new club. Starting from scratch must be very hard for them to take, but they do turn up in decent numbers sometimes, humbly, with their tails between their hooved legs.

I have 2 good friends of the Hun type, who are from Edinburgh, so, of course, football is NEVER discussed (why would you?). One of them left a long running Whatsapp group of many guys, minutes after David Gray made history and the other blocked me on Whatsapp for about 4 weeks. I'm not even a gloater but they put the defences up. :cb

You would think they would be used to disappointment by now. Each failure still hurts them. Still, they can always find comfort bashing one out over Joey Bartons tweets as Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts (Scotlands big 4) enjoy European football.

SuperAllyMcleod
21-07-2016, 03:30 PM

Enjoy.

When the Hibs go up to collect the Scottish Cup we'll be there.....

Will yis? Will yis?

Eh, yeah we were! Good to see that it hurt [emoji471][emoji4]

Alex Trager
21-07-2016, 03:31 PM

Will yis? Will yis?

I enjoyed that too. First time I've heard us from their end too

JeMeSouviens
21-07-2016, 03:40 PM
http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1084201-**-Rangers-v-Hibernian-Scottish-Cup-Final-Thread-Sky-Sports-BBC-1-** :wink:

Pretty Boy
21-07-2016, 03:41 PM

Will yis? Will yis?

That's beautiful. You can feel the seethe.

What I want to know is where did all the Hibs fans come from? There's loads on the pitch but the stands still look packed.

21-07-2016, 04:25 PM
They are hurting BIG TIME hence them trying to big up everything about the "big bad hibs fans" after the game. Big up the after match incident to deflect away from the real story of the day which was the football - very smart lads :aok:

Smartie
21-07-2016, 04:28 PM
http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1084201-**-Rangers-v-Hibernian-Scottish-Cup-Final-Thread-Sky-Sports-BBC-1-** :wink:

I thought that was going to be a moronic, hate-filled bigot-fest but it seems to be (on the whole) a reasonable thread where fans discussed losing a cup final.

Page 51 was a good read though.

I think the more moronic element of their moronic support must use Rangers Media.

Pretty Boy
21-07-2016, 04:40 PM
I thought that was going to be a moronic, hate-filled bigot-fest but it seems to be (on the whole) a reasonable thread where fans discussed losing a cup final.

I think the more moronic element of their moronic support must use Rangers Media.

'This is where the 3 weeks off will help. Another 30 minutes looking likely' is my personal highlight of the whole thread.

Kato
21-07-2016, 04:53 PM
'This is where the 3 weeks off will help. Another 30 minutes looking likely' is my personal highlight of the whole thread.

"4 mins......", is mine.

Scott Allan Key
21-07-2016, 05:10 PM

Or write articles in crayon for the club's press office.

Edinburgher
21-07-2016, 05:16 PM

Comedy gold - cheers for that! :greengrin

Bostonhibby
21-07-2016, 06:26 PM

Enjoy.
Brilliant. Loved the bell end flapping about us damaging advertising boards whilst filming the advertising boards damaged by the the rangers morons at their end!

Even stupider than the idiots who wrecked Barcelona and Manchester following the now defunct Glasgow rangers.

Green_one
21-07-2016, 08:36 PM
"4 mins......", is mine.

Enjoyable. Some of the comments were actually sensible and balanced. :confused:

I looked at the Aberdeen and Celtic boards too. They are entertaining and consitent with Follow Follow in that they could all smell Hibs getting a third. I wish I had felt that confident

It meant a lot to them but they had no idea what it meant to us:flag: