PDA

View Full Version : Steven McLean

Dashing Bob S
20-07-2016, 10:43 PM
Has probably been said before, but I've just watched the cup final for the umpteenth time, and I've never, ever seen a Hibs-Rangers game so fairly and competently refereed. I was concerned about his background, but he showed incredible integrity and courage.

hibees 7062
20-07-2016, 10:49 PM
Has probably been said before, but I've just watched the cup final for the umpteenth time, and I've never, ever seen a Hibs-Rangers game so fairly and competently refereed. I was concerned about his background, but he showed incredible integrity and courage.

:agree:

GreenNWhiteArmy
20-07-2016, 10:53 PM
He could have blown for a free kick in the build to the opener (Jase didn't move the ball very quickly to Stokesy) then could have blown (harshly) for a foul on Cafu (sorry Tavernier) for the equaliser.

Thought he had a great game and was fair to both teams from kick off until the final whistle

SaulGoodman
20-07-2016, 11:18 PM
And gave us a free kick when Mcgeouch karate kicked the boy on the halfway line when it was 3-2

hibees 7062
20-07-2016, 11:39 PM
And gave us a free kick when Mcgeouch karate kicked the boy on the halfway line when it was 3-2

And booked Halliday for moaning about it :greengrin

Sprouleflyer
21-07-2016, 05:01 AM
Bobby Madden? 4th official, also played a part in the build up to the winning goal.

When the Rangers player puts it out for a throw, he stops the ball from rolling away and passes it straight to Gray to allow him to play the quick throw in to Fyvie.

So, yes, well done the officials :greengrin

Glory Lurker
21-07-2016, 08:53 AM
He could have blown for a free kick in the build to the opener (Jase didn't move the ball very quickly to Stokesy) then could have blown (harshly) for a foul on Cafu (sorry Tavernier) for the equaliser.

Thought he had a great game and was fair to both teams from kick off until the final whistle

:agree: about the first (haven't noticed the equaliser). I was shouting for a foul straight away, and even started firing off the pelters for what didn't look to me a decent advantage. :hide:

Winston Ingram
21-07-2016, 09:42 AM
I think McLean us definitely one of the better referees. Madden is decent and put in one of the best derby performances i'd seen in our ny 2014 derby win at ER

MWHIBBIES
21-07-2016, 10:04 AM
I think McLean us definitely one of the better referees. Madden is decent and put in one of the best derby performances i'd seen in our ny 2014 derby win at ER
Aside fron the penalty Madden was awful that night, bottled about 5 yam bookings.

brog
21-07-2016, 10:08 AM
Aside fron the penalty Madden was awful that night, bottled about 5 yam bookings.

I thought Madden was excellent, didn't he also book Walker for diving ( shock! )

Future17
21-07-2016, 12:49 PM
I think McLean is one of the better refs, but he had a few very poor decisions on Saturday at Fir Park.

Geo_1875
21-07-2016, 01:41 PM

I thought he very good in the final as he let a lot go and was thoughtful before blowing his whistle. Stokes slight nudge on Tavernier was nothing compared to Miller "showing his strength" for the headed equaliser or the tag team grappling by The Rangers defence when David Gray breezed through them for the winner.