PDA

View Full Version : Oli Shaw

Unseen work
19-07-2016, 11:32 PM
Does anyone know what sort of player this guy is and how far away from first team football he is?

The lad seems to score at least 1 goal every game.

Is he better than Lewis allan or even jamie insall?

Mibbes Aye
20-07-2016, 01:00 AM
Does anyone know what sort of player this guy is and how far away from first team football he is?

The lad seems to score at least 1 goal every game.

Is he better than Lewis allan or even jamie insall?

My view - nothing like Allan or Insall, very different kind of player.

Of the three, he's closest to the first team. Hate to say this but he could do with putting a bit more weight on. Saying that, Peter Crouch was as skinny and he made a decent career

His positioning and awareness are strong, he's one of those players who could go a variety of ways and he knows where the goal is.

I'm very interested in seeing what Hibs do with him

StevieCowan
20-07-2016, 06:27 AM
He's good enough for 3 English Premiership clubs to ask to be kept updated on his progress.

Scouse Hibee
20-07-2016, 07:16 AM
He's good enough for 3 English Premiership clubs to ask to be kept updated on his progress.

Means nothing really,along with the thousands of other they keep tabs on.

StevieCowan
20-07-2016, 07:23 AM
Means nothing really,along with the thousands of other they keep tabs on.

It means the same as when we lost Jack Adamson to Rangers and Keiran McGrath to Celtic ;)

WeeRussell
20-07-2016, 09:55 AM
It means the same as when we lost Jack Adamson to Rangers and Keiran McGrath to Celtic ;)

Which is?

Scouse Hibee
20-07-2016, 02:39 PM

Who........So what does it mean?

WeeRussell
21-07-2016, 11:26 AM
My view - nothing like Allan or Insall, very different kind of player.

Of the three, he's closest to the first team. Hate to say this but he could do with putting a bit more weight on. Saying that, Peter Crouch was as skinny and he made a decent career

His positioning and awareness are strong, he's one of those players who could go a variety of ways and he knows where the goal is.

I'm very interested in seeing what Hibs do with him

Aye, no much tae him at all!

From what I've seen (which is very little) - Insall would be closest to the first team... and he's as small as Oli is skinny :greengrin

Pretty Boy
21-07-2016, 11:48 AM
He's a cracking wee player but how ready for the 1st team he is is another matter.

Jason Cummings was rattling in goals at that level but took a long while to adjust to the 1st team. On the flip side he was thrown in at a desperate time, with Shaw we are in a much better position and should br able to bleed him in gently and build up a bit experience gradually.

3pm
21-07-2016, 11:59 AM
He's a cracking wee player but how ready for the 1st team he is is another matter.

Jason Cummings was rattling in goals at that level but took a long while to adjust to the 1st team. On the flip side he was thrown in at a desperate time, with Shaw we are in a much better position and should br able to bleed him in gently and build up a bit experience gradually.

I agree.

I think that last season was his first year out of school? A big step.

I'd hope he'll be on the bench this year and get used a bit more than he was.

Hibee Mac
21-07-2016, 01:38 PM
Just hope we don't lose him as it seems to have been happening recently with a lot of our youngsters..

blaikie
21-07-2016, 03:04 PM

We've had a few cracking young strikers over the years in the reserves but never quite cut it in the senior squad ...

Kurtis Byrne
Damon Gray
Ross Campbell

It's a big step up hopefully he makes it he has potential that's for sure 😊

Canon Hannan
21-07-2016, 03:14 PM
Great player from Hearts Academy.

Our Academy has not worked in 10 years. Mr May is not the friendliest of characters.

Time for change.

ekhibee
21-07-2016, 03:29 PM
We've had a few cracking young strikers over the years in the reserves but never quite cut it in the senior squad ...

Kurtis Byrne
Damon Gray
Ross Campbell

It's a big step up hopefully he makes it he has potential that's for sure 
I felt sorry for Byrne, who never really got much of a chance in the 1st team even though he was a prolific scorer for the youngsters. I'll always remember that game at Hampden when we beat Rangers in the youth cup final, think it might have been around 2008/9.

500miles
21-07-2016, 04:02 PM

Our Academy has not worked in 10 years. Mr May is not the friendliest of characters.

Time for change.
Shaw has been at Hibs since he was 15. We've developed him as much as anyone.

Billychaotic182
21-07-2016, 04:08 PM

Time for change.

How can you judge May already?! He's only been in the role for a couple of years.

Hibstrooper
21-07-2016, 04:10 PM

Time for change.

Mr May hasn't been there 10 years though, he has only been there 2.

I thought part of the reason he was brought in was in recognition that it wasn't working and that they weren't developing players ready for the first team, which is part of the reason McDonuagh got moved on.

It'll take more than 2 seasons to turn it around however he has to be given the opportunity to see it through

blaikie
21-07-2016, 04:22 PM
I felt sorry for Byrne, who never really got much of a chance in the 1st team even though he was a prolific scorer for the youngsters. I'll always remember that game at Hampden when we beat Rangers in the youth cup final, think it might have been around 2008/9.

He had loads of potential, I remember his dad came out in the press slating Yogi for not giving him a chance!

Canon Hannan
21-07-2016, 05:10 PM
How can you judge May already?! He's only been in the role for a couple of years.

Have a look how many players are left!

It's a mess.

Unfortunately.

Not heard one good word mentioned about him from loads of people.