PDA

View Full Version : Breadman finds his voice... Loans

Viva_Palmeiras
19-07-2016, 05:35 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/st-mirren/mark-warburton-says-local-loans-hamper-scottish-talent-1-4180403

What he really means is "those persky Celtc scamps loan players that raise their game against us"...

McD
19-07-2016, 05:47 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/st-mirren/mark-warburton-says-local-loans-hamper-scottish-talent-1-4180403

What he really means is "those persky Celtc scamps loan players that raise their game against us"...

Didnt he have players out on loan last season? And wasn't he whining about not being able to play said loanees in the final (blaming the SFA rules, conveniently forgetting to mention that in most/all nations, players are deemed cup tied if they have played in the competition for another club)?

the man is a goat.

Finn2015
19-07-2016, 05:49 PM
What's worse is the media hang off his every word as if he is the oracle. Nauseating

Bostonhibby
19-07-2016, 05:57 PM

Any chance that non Scottish players rejected by Wigan and others picked up from Accrington (after an attempt at not paying for them) might be a factor?

This guy is a butcheresque bell end - hope he keeps talking.

Mr White
19-07-2016, 05:59 PM
Loads of comments about things he wishes worked better for his club...

Except his defence which is surely the biggest problem he faces. Of course he signed the worst of them so it's unlikely to get a mention in an edition of warbyweekly any time soon. Tool.

Mr White
19-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Plus he signed billy king on loan last season right?

Although i could believe that was at the request of the marketing department.

Craig_HFC
19-07-2016, 06:09 PM
He's certainly not lost his Fanny's Hat, anyway.

CorrieHibs
19-07-2016, 06:13 PM
The man is a mouthpiece. I hate Celtic but I hope they hammer the Huns this season!

Jim44
19-07-2016, 06:23 PM

Surely you don't think that his respectful words of wisdom might persuade Celtic to mischievously lend us Henderson and Commons for the new season.:greengrin

Pretty Boy
19-07-2016, 07:24 PM
He made a big deal last season about how much better the loan system was than playing players in the development league.

He's a total slaver and a hypocritical one at that.

Eyrie
19-07-2016, 07:29 PM
On the day he agreed to allow his 20-year-old midfielder Tom Walsh to join St Mirren on loan until January, Warburton criticised what he has found as a lack of willingness to send young Scottish players further afield

Life in Paisley is obviously going to be a culture shock after life in Glasgow but Warburton is doing it to aid Walsh's development.

Nutmegged
19-07-2016, 07:34 PM
Yup, moans about players not leaving Scotland on loan and immediately loans a player to the club who are nearest them in terms of geography, trumpet

Jack Hackett
19-07-2016, 07:46 PM
Brilliant! Never thought they'd find anyone to top Sally, but he's right up there :greengrin

stuart-farquhar
19-07-2016, 07:57 PM
Brilliant! Never thought they'd find anyone to top Sally, but he's right up there :greengrin

HovIs is indeed a haver.

Dashing Bob S
19-07-2016, 07:59 PM
I think we should start a petition arguing that loans have corrupted the game and that Rangers should be retrospectively awarded the Scottish Cup. Anybody else in?

Viva_Palmeiras
19-07-2016, 08:00 PM
I think we should start a petition arguing that loans have corrupted the game and that Rangers should be retrospectively awarded the Scottish Cup. Anybody else in?

A but EBTs weren't technically loans in the true sense now were they Bob?

oneone73
19-07-2016, 08:01 PM

What would we do about the loan player The Rangers played in the final?

Dashing Bob S
19-07-2016, 08:04 PM
"Hendo, Stokesy away
They're taking our trophy today
And who were those robbers you say
Was it the loans, Rangers?"

Glory Lurker
19-07-2016, 08:04 PM
Not read the article, but we really, really did upset him didn't we? :greengrin

:lolrangers:

Jack Hackett
19-07-2016, 08:08 PM
"Hendo, Stokesy away
They're taking our trophy today
And who were those robbers you say
Was it the loans, Rangers?"

:faf:

:top marks

Bostonhibby
19-07-2016, 08:34 PM

Id ordinarily love to but rangers don't exist, they're not rangers any more. They walked away.

poolman
19-07-2016, 08:43 PM
Yup, moans about players not leaving Scotland on loan and immediately loans a player to the club who are nearest them in terms of geography, trumpet

I think he's forgotten that teams must want the players they are prepared to loan out

The p*"*" can't just say where they are going

cocteautwin
20-07-2016, 02:41 AM
I agree the man is a bell end, but did anyone actually read the article? He was talking about attitudes of Scottish young footballers in general. I agree with him on this point. The man is still a bell end and has no class.

Mr White
20-07-2016, 05:50 AM
I agree the man is a bell end, but did anyone actually read the article? He was talking about attitudes of Scottish young footballers in general. I agree with him on this point. The man is still a bell end and has no class.

Yeah I read the article and to me it's a thinly veiled attack on scottish football in general, conveniently ignoring all the facts that contradict his viewpoint. Jordon Forster, Jason Holt, jordan Mcghee, Liam Henderson and Tony Watt have all gone down south or abroad on loan in recent years. He says you have to pick the right place to send a player, maybe that is a another scottish club for many players? It also depends on which clubs are interested. I can see how it makes sense to keep players local so they can still train with their parent clubs

I don't believe Warburton ever opens his mouth unless it's to comment on something that he wants for his own sake, I don't think he really wants any improvement in young Scottish players, just more money to spend on his first team.

#FromTheCapital
20-07-2016, 06:03 AM
A complete ******** of a man. Fits the bill for a Rangers manager down to a tee. Will get found out this coming season, I have no doubts about that.

Matty_Jack04
20-07-2016, 06:11 AM

Ever since he's regained his voice it's been totally negative towards the game here, he wants young guys to go to England and get games on loan but do English teams want them? There's lots of money down there even in league 1/2 why would they gamble on a guy who hasn't managed to get game time for sevco especially over recent years in the lower leagues? He's forgetting where his club have been and they preferred to spend money on older spl players than give young guys game time so why would teams like Peterborough want them!
Also the article I read yesterday he said Scottish lads don't travel well, boys leave the Scottish game for England pretty often I'm sure the bread man signed Lewis McLeod for Brentford at one point not to mention Gould in Portugal and hendo previously playing in Norway, he's a slaver and a slaver who loves a whinge it was the league cup format last week it's no wonder that useless swine Doncaster struggles to find sponsorship deals

Mikeystewart
20-07-2016, 07:48 AM
I'm no fan of Warburton and he certainly is a Fanny with a Fannie's hat. But I don't really disagree with anything he has said in that article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

basehibby
20-07-2016, 09:17 AM
I'm no fan of Warburton and he certainly is a Fanny with a Fannie's hat. But I don't really disagree with anything he has said in that article.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he is just whining - still upset about the key contributions of Henderson and Stokes in a certain game last May perhaps?

That pair certainly did NOT do their careers any harm by staying local!

The point of loaning players out is to give them competitive game time and the obvious way to do that is to step down a league where playing every week is a possibility.

Bamba
20-07-2016, 09:42 AM
Really remarkable nonsense from a guy who had several players on loan at various points last season and who almost exclusively signs English players. I can't imagine that's doing any good for Scottish talent.

Bostonhibby
20-07-2016, 01:56 PM
Yeah I read the article and to me it's a thinly veiled attack on scottish football in general, conveniently ignoring all the facts that contradict his viewpoint. Jordon Forster, Jason Holt, jordan Mcghee, Liam Henderson and Tony Watt have all gone down south or abroad on loan in recent years. He says you have to pick the right place to send a player, maybe that is a another scottish club for many players? It also depends on which clubs are interested. I can see how it makes sense to keep players local so they can still train with their parent clubs

I don't believe Warburton ever opens his mouth unless it's to comment on something that he wants for his own sake, I don't think he really wants any improvement in young Scottish players, just more money to spend on his first team.
[emoji106] That's my take on his characteristically transparent and self serving statement