PDA

View Full Version : EPL season ticket prices

wookie70
19-07-2016, 11:43 AM
Interesting article (http://www.90min.com/posts/3419140-ranking-the-cost-of-every-premier-league-team-s-season-ticket-prices-for-2016-17) on the cost of EPL season tickets. It looks like you could watch 10 out of the 20 clubs for around the same cost as Hibs or in some cases substantially less.

duffers
19-07-2016, 11:47 AM
If only Hibs were able to get even 1% of the Sky money they get...

adhibs
19-07-2016, 11:49 AM
Couldnt care less realy. Different counties, different leagues, different circumstances.

Geo_1875
19-07-2016, 11:49 AM
Very misleading as West Ham is quoted as £289. That's their lowest price and their are few of them available (none actually as they have sold out). The top price is around £1,600.

Lago
19-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Couldnt care less realy. Different counties, different leagues, different circumstances.
Better football.

MWHIBBIES
19-07-2016, 11:53 AM
Better football.Not relative to the money spent.

Michael
19-07-2016, 11:56 AM
Better football.

We'd have better football too if we had millions to spend on foreign players. It would be impressive if there was a bigger proportion of home grown talent. It shows in the national team.

Scouse Hibee
19-07-2016, 12:01 PM
We'd have better football too if we had millions to spend on foreign players. It would be impressive if there was a bigger proportion of home grown talent. It shows in the national team.

Eh?

adhibs
19-07-2016, 12:04 PM
Better football.

Thats to do with the different circumstances though, mainly sky sports money, which in turn allows them to keep prices down.

Keith_M
19-07-2016, 12:11 PM
I'm sure Hibs would love to be able to offer lower ticket prices, just as they would love to have a share of the Sky Money the EPL clubs currently receive.

HibsNutter
19-07-2016, 12:12 PM
We have to get money in somehow. We get heehaw from Sky and other sponsorships, ticket sales are a vital source of revenue for Scottish clubs, this isn't the case as much down in England.

gegs70
19-07-2016, 12:15 PM
Better football.

Not all the time, we watched quite a few Newcastle games and there were not many fantastic games ???

NAE NOOKIE
19-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Apples and oranges ...... I'm reasonably sure if Hibs were handed £100,000,000 at the start of this season they would pass some of that on to the fans as reduced ticket prices. As it is the EPL doesn't do nearly enough to spread the love when you look at the miniscule percentage of overall revenue crowds represent for a lot of the clubs.

As Hibs fans the money we pay into the club is utterly vital to them to be able to run a 21st century professional operation, what fans in the EPL can say that about their clubs? ..... Hibs 10K + season ticket holders this season will ensure a certain level of player and that we can watch them play in a decent stadium. If we were playing anybody in the Scottish premiership tomorrow outside of Celtic ( Red Imps notwithstanding ) we would be pretty sure that Hibs could beat them, mainly because of the revenue 'we' provide.

As for the standard of football ..... the last time I looked Hibs were pretty decent to watch.

jgl07
19-07-2016, 12:17 PM
I am very dubious of the figures quotes as they relate to the cheapest tickets. There are often very few available at the cheapest price. Manchester City is quoted as £299. This is only for a few tickets in the very top tier of the South Stand. I suspect these are long since sold out, as are all season tickets. There is a substantial waiting list anyway.

Before the South Stand was heightened, City offered a saver ticket at £299 but you couldn't chose where you sat. You would be allocated a seat somewhere in the stadium and very few were available. Also you couldn't sit with your friends.

The prices are manipulated to give a low 'headline' price without having any real effect on revenue.

There are non-League clubs in England with more expensive season tickets than Hibs!

Lago
19-07-2016, 02:27 PM
Not relative to the money spent.
Not sure I fully accept that. I've watched some absolutely cracking games from down south, but accept there is some dross without doubt, but then there is a fair bit of dross in the Scottish game.

Geo_1875
19-07-2016, 03:21 PM
Not sure I fully accept that. I've watched some absolutely cracking games from down south, but accept there is some dross without doubt, but then there is a fair bit of dross in the Scottish game.

I've watched some cracking games at the Jack Kane Centre. Don't fall for the hype. Just because SKY/BBC/BT Sports spend more on advertising the EPL than they pay for the rights to Scottish Football don't believe the best league in the world pish. Half the teams in the EPL are capable of getting relegated and spending years yo-yoing in the lower leagues. It's just that the TV money and parachute payments make that less likely. And yes there is a lot of dross in the Scottish game but there are only 2 teams responsible for that.

OxoHibby
19-07-2016, 04:22 PM
Not relative to the money spent.

agree - everyone seems to want to knock scottish footbll instead of supporting it.
Sky and the EPL market the game brilliantly.