PDA

View Full Version : Player chants

Austinho
18-07-2016, 08:44 PM
As well as supporting Hibs, I also follow the fortunes of Manchester United.

United fans (well definitely their noisy away fans anyway) regularly chant about ex players, including the likes of Solskjaer, Giggs, Ronaldo, George Best, Cantona etc. They are club legends, and I love the way the fans still celebrate them even though they are long gone. Leeds also sing about Dominic Matteo scoring at the San Siro etc.

Which got me thinking it would be great to resurrect some of the chants from ex players and cult heroes. The simple 'Russell, Russell Latapy', and 'Sauzee! There's only one Sauzee' are classics from my childhood that I'd love to hear at Easter Road again.

'We've got Jones, always believe in Rob Jones' and 'He's here, he's there, he's every f***ing where. Ivan Sproule, Ivan Sproule' were always fun to sing too - especially the Jones one, which was none stop during the League Cup 07 win. I'll be doing my best in Copenhagen to get that one going ;)

I hope we never stop hearing Stokes on Fire, and the new David Gray one in years to come either. So what other good ones from the 90's, 80's and earlier have I missed that would be worthy of an airing?

livi hibs 1875
18-07-2016, 08:48 PM
As well as supporting Hibs, I also follow the fortunes of Manchester United.United fans (well definitely their noisy away fans anyway) regularly chant about ex players, including the likes of Solskjaer, Giggs, Ronaldo, George Best, Cantona etc. They are club legends, and I love the way the fans still celebrate them even though they are long gone. Leeds also sing about Dominic Matteo scoring at the San Siro etc.Which got me thinking it would be great to resurrect some of the chants from ex players and cult heroes. The simple 'Russell, Russell Latapy', and 'Sauzee! There's only one Sauzee' are classics from my childhood that I'd love to hear at Easter Road again. 'We've got Jones, always believe in Rob Jones' and 'He's here, he's there, he's every f***ing where. Ivan Sproule, Ivan Sproule' were always fun to sing too - especially the Jones one, which was none stop during the League Cup 07 win. I'll be doing my best in Copenhagen to get that one going ;)I hope we never stop hearing Stokes on Fire, and the new David Gray one in years to come either. So what other good ones from the 90's, 80's and earlier have I missed that would be worthy of an airing?Eck the boss with ginger hair

Mibbes Aye
18-07-2016, 08:48 PM
Not Nineties but I'd kinda hoped for the Dominique Malonga song at the SC Final.

Keef, Keef, Keef and the Mickey Weir song would be my shouts.

Itsnoteasy
18-07-2016, 08:49 PM

United fans (well definitely their noisy away fans anyway) regularly chant about ex players, including the likes of Solskjaer, Giggs, Ronaldo, George Best, Cantona etc. They are club legends, and I love the way the fans still celebrate them even though they are long gone. Leeds also sing about Dominic Matteo scoring at the San Siro etc.

Which got me thinking it would be great to resurrect some of the chants from ex players and cult heroes. The simple 'Russell, Russell Latapy', and 'Sauzee! There's only one Sauzee' are classics from my childhood that I'd love to hear at Easter Road again.

'We've got Jones, always believe in Rob Jones' and 'He's here, he's there, he's every f***ing where. Ivan Sproule, Ivan Sproule' were always fun to sing too - especially the Jones one, which was none stop during the League Cup 07 win. I'll be doing my best in Copenhagen to get that one going ;)

I hope we never stop hearing Stokes on Fire, and the new David Gray one in years to come either. So what other good ones from the 90's, 80's and earlier have I missed that would be worthy of an airing?

I'm all for that but save it for The Heroes. And Le God. Latapy can take a run & jump.

Cod Boy
18-07-2016, 08:49 PM
Joe joe super joe super tortolano

livi hibs 1875
18-07-2016, 08:50 PM
Who can ever forget JOE JOE SUPER JOE

Mibbes Aye
18-07-2016, 08:50 PM
Joe joe super joe super tortolano

Of course :agree:

Waxy
18-07-2016, 08:51 PM
Benny benny benny brazil, benny, benny brazil...........................no?

Mibbes Aye
18-07-2016, 08:55 PM
Walking in a Harper Wonderland (pause)

...There's only wuuuuuuuuuun Kevin Harper....... :greengrin

Mibbes Aye
18-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Jimmy, Jimmy Boco, Jimmy Boco, Jimmy, Jimmy Bo-Co!!! (to the chorus of 'No Limits' by 2 Unlimited for younger viewers...)

Wish we'd had a song for Graham Mitchell :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
18-07-2016, 08:59 PM
Eck the boss with ginger hair

Francky Sauzee is the King

Mibbes Aye
18-07-2016, 09:01 PM
Ooh-aah Jackson-ah
Say ooh-aah Jackson-ah!

Itsnoteasy
18-07-2016, 09:04 PM
Remember singing this at swiney a good few years ago

There's only 1 Barry Lavety
He puts the ball in the netty
Bashers his name
Rave is his game
And when he scores it's Hibees ecstasy

sauzee's fan
18-07-2016, 09:08 PM
Remember singing this at swiney a good few years ago

There's only 1 Barry Lavety
He puts the ball in the netty
Bashers his name
Rave is his game
And when he scores it's Hibees ecstasy

Wasn't the 3rd line ....

He loves his E's
And scores with ease
Walking in a Hibee wonderland

Barman Stanton
18-07-2016, 09:12 PM
Oh Tommy Tommy, Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy McIntyre.

They were all getting a good sing song in the pub before the final. But that Ivan song is surely Mikey Weir's! Prefer the we dream of a team of Ivan Sproules for him.

Mibbes Aye
18-07-2016, 09:17 PM
Not Hibs or even that retro but the Christian Nade song is a fine component of the Hibernian canon and one that should be rolled out for showpiece occasions :agree:

Smartie
18-07-2016, 09:22 PM
It was great when all the old songs got an airing on the last day on the old East.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-07-2016, 09:31 PM
Oh Houchey Houchey Houchey. Loved that.

Pretty Boy
18-07-2016, 09:36 PM
The guy that writes a lot of the United songs is brilliant.

We really need a 'terrace' friendly song for the cup final team. Nothing too complicated and something everyone can join in with.

Hibrandenburg
18-07-2016, 10:15 PM
Russell Latapey, you make me happy............

Highland_Hibee
18-07-2016, 10:25 PM
Not sure who to credit with it but I've seen the 90+2 chant on the board that will be fun to ram down the throats of anyone who has sung 1902 at us.

TheGreenMan
18-07-2016, 10:28 PM

Stokes was on fire
Your defence was terrified
😁

livi hibs 1875
18-07-2016, 10:32 PM
Francky Sauzee is the KingOoooooooollly larrson on the wing

Austinho
18-07-2016, 10:39 PM
Forgot to include the McGinn song!

Keyser Sauzee
18-07-2016, 11:27 PM
Anyone care to write the full words to the Eck the boss song, heard it sung a few times but never knew the words? Thanks

Tinribs
18-07-2016, 11:37 PM
The guy that writes a lot of the United songs is brilliant.

We really need a 'terrace' friendly song for the cup final team. Nothing too complicated and something everyone can join in with.

The Neville Neville song would bring a tear to a glass eye, simple, touching and addictive all at the same time :)

Itsnoteasy
18-07-2016, 11:38 PM
Anyone care to write the full words to the Eck the boss song, heard it sung a few times but never knew the words? Thanks

Ecks the boss wi ginger hair
Franky Sauzee is the king
Arpinon wi Gaelic flare
Ule Laursen on the wing
John Oneil & Matty Jack
Smith & Fenwick at the back
Paco Luna in attack
And that will bring us back to Eck the boss

Repeat again

Itsnoteasy
18-07-2016, 11:42 PM
Wasn't the 3rd line ....

He loves his E's
And scores with ease
Walking in a Hibee wonderland

Maybe that was a different version
But defo sung the other at Tynie

Keyser Sauzee
18-07-2016, 11:48 PM
Arpinon wi Gaelic flare
Ule Laursen on the wing
John Oneil & Matty Jack
Paco Luna in attack

Repeat again

Cheers

Itsnoteasy
18-07-2016, 11:53 PM
Cheers

Now sing yerself ti sleep

Viva_Palmeiras
19-07-2016, 03:10 AM
Thank you very much for Pat McGinlay...

erin go bragh
19-07-2016, 08:47 AM
"Keith Keith Keith Keith Keith Keith Keith , Wright "

Tom Hart RIP
19-07-2016, 08:52 AM
Jimmy Orourke Everyone knows his name.......
Joe Baker Superstar Hiw many goals have u scored so far,
Paddy Stanton is the King

Alex Trager
19-07-2016, 05:04 PM
Not Hibs or even that retro but the Christian Nade song is a fine component of the Hibernian canon and one that should be rolled out for showpiece occasions :agree:

Whilst not a song I enjoy I appreciate, to the fullest extent, the way you worded that post

Johnny Clash
19-07-2016, 07:42 PM
Here's to you,
Liam Henderson
Hibees luv you more than you may know
Oooh oh oh oh!!🎤

Blaster
19-07-2016, 10:35 PM
....he's not like latapy
He don't like the booze
He's ulises de la cruz

HoboHarry
20-07-2016, 02:11 AM
Walking in a Harper Wonderland (pause)

...There's only wuuuuuuuuuun Kevin Harper....... :greengrin
Doddie should ask Mrs Doddie to sing the first part to him at night as a lullaby....... :greengrin

Hibrandenburg
20-07-2016, 08:05 AM
6 foot 2
Eyes of blue
Big Dodd Stewart is after you

PerfectlyFranck
22-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Arpinon wi Gaelic flare
Ule Laursen on the wing
John Oneil & Matty Jack
Paco Luna in attack

Repeat again

It would be great to hear an updated version, although it can be a bit of a mouthful.

Stubbs & Co. - The Engineers
Gray - to lift the Scottish Cup
Stokes - to score all by himself
Hen-der-son to set them up
Fyv-ie and the midfield four
Three Hibbies are at the core
Two upfront and then some more
And number one: big Conrad Logan

or

Lo - a bear, a polar bear
Gray - to win the Scottish Cup
Stokes - to score all by himself
Hen-der-son to set them up
Ste-ven-son, Darren, Hanlon (or Lew-is, Darren & Hanlon)
Dyl-an, John & Gunnarsson
Kea-tsy, Fyvie & Jason
Fontaine and back to Conrad Logan

or one or two verses including the goalscorers or players that played in the cup run.
A tough one to get going, but I liked the Eck the boss song.