PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SPACES RELEASED FOR CHARTER FLIGHT

RSS Bot
18-07-2016, 01:40 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6647)

.Sean.
18-07-2016, 02:08 PM
There was me moaning about £300 for two nights and direct flights. 750 quid :faf:

Future17
18-07-2016, 02:13 PM
Also the risk of being on the charter flight is you might get picked to play in goals.

marinello59
18-07-2016, 02:15 PM
There was me moaning about £300 for two nights and direct flights. 750 quid :faf:

Worth it for anybody booking late given the price flights are now. Still a fair old whack though.

lucky
18-07-2016, 02:16 PM
I think that's not to bad. But unlikely to sell with two days notice.?

Hermit Crab
18-07-2016, 02:16 PM
Hearts wanted £800 for their charter to Estonia. Hibs want £750 to go to Copenhagen. Shocking prices, I'd be surprised if anybody takes up that bargin....:rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
18-07-2016, 02:18 PM
I think that's not to bad. But unlikely to sell with two days notice.?

LOL! Thats a rip off. Most of us have got one or two nights away including digs for less than half of that. That trip Hibs are offering is worth £350 max.

Hermit Crab
18-07-2016, 02:19 PM
Worth it for anybody booking late given the price flights are now. Still a fair old whack though.

You'd still be cheaper booking your trip independantly

Frazerbob
I did a similar package for the rearranged game in Athens in 2001, although that was subsidised by the club. Great experience travelling with the team to be honest....and a fair few celebs too!

Hermit Crab

Correct, it is laughable.

marinello59
18-07-2016, 02:20 PM
LOL! Thats a rip off. Most of us have got one or two nights away including digs for less than half of that. That trip Hibs are offering is worth £350 max.

Check out flight prices now. For last minute bookers it's probably competitive.

marinello59
18-07-2016, 02:25 PM
You'd still be cheaper booking your trip independantly

Including the transfers maybe not much more and you do get to travel with the team. It's not the type of thing I would book but I can see the attraction.

lucky
18-07-2016, 02:27 PM

Going on the Hibs charter carries a premium. Hotel and transfers are included. It is expensive but out on Wednesday and home for 0300 on Friday morning.

Hermit Crab
18-07-2016, 02:28 PM
Check out flight prices now. For last minute bookers it's probably competitive.

You can do it from London for under £250. Add in flights to London you can get it all in for £380-£400

Sergio sledge
18-07-2016, 02:29 PM

Direct flights, home early on Friday, travelling with the team, hotel, match ticket and transfers from airport to hotel, hotel to game and game to airport included. Worth a bit more than £350...

Hermit Crab
18-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Going on the Hibs charter carries a premium. Hotel and transfers are included. It is expensive but out on Wednesday and home for 0300 on Friday morning.

You're paying premium to fly with the team, Not worth that much I'm afraid. Not imo anyway.

Hermit Crab
18-07-2016, 02:31 PM
Direct flights, home early on Friday, travelling with the team, hotel, match ticket and transfers from airport to hotel, hotel to game and game to airport included. Worth a bit more than £350...

Your match ticket is £6.20 and freely available over there. You can travel from the Airport various stations and locations in the city centre for buttons.

Sergio sledge
18-07-2016, 02:41 PM
Your match ticket is £6.20 and freely available over there. You can travel from the Airport various stations and locations in the city centre for buttons.

You said it was worth £350 max. You've already said that flights via London would be £380, add in hotel, door to door transfers (not public transport, you have to compare like-for-like) the match ticket and it is worth more.

Hotel, £100
Transfers to and from the airport, at least £60
Ticket, £6

That means you are paying a premium of £200 to travel with the team on direct flights. Given that you save 1 nights accommodation, then it isn't really that much of a premium IMHO. Having said that, I wouldn't pay it... :greengrin

oldbutdim
18-07-2016, 02:41 PM
I'm in.

:thumbsup:

GreenLake
18-07-2016, 02:46 PM

It's the £8500 to get to Edinburgh that kills it for me.

staunchhibby
18-07-2016, 02:54 PM
Booked on the charter:aok::flag:

Kojock
18-07-2016, 02:55 PM
I'm in.

:thumbsup:

Make that 3 :aok: Now 4

marinello59
18-07-2016, 03:03 PM
You can do it from London for under £250. Add in flights to London you can get it all in for £380-£400

At that price from London you are looking at a marathon trek out there, possibly spending 8 hours waiting for the onward flight. It certainly isn't direct fromLondon. That's without adding in your Edinburgh flight costs and just as importantly, time.
If we compare like for like a direct flight from Edinburgh on those dates is coming in at just under £500. The charter price is a decent deal for what you get.

Kojock
18-07-2016, 03:23 PM

How do you work that out :confused: Flights are now coming in at over £300 with a stop in Brussels, add in hotel, return transfers to the hotel and transfers to the match its not too bad a deal, hardly a rip off as you so eloquently put it.

Albanian Hibs
18-07-2016, 03:28 PM
Well thats me not going. What a rip off.

staunchhibby
18-07-2016, 03:29 PM
Just looked at flights and some of the times involved.Some taking over 11hrs.Not for me

Kojock
18-07-2016, 03:34 PM

How is it a rip off? try booking flights etc at this late notice and see how much it costs.

offshorehibby
18-07-2016, 03:35 PM
I costed easy jet via Gatwick last week with a night in hotel at Gatwick and a night in a hostel in Copenhagen for roughly £350. Grand child no due about then and Mrs OS a bit poorly so it's been shelved

lucky
18-07-2016, 03:41 PM

If you were waiting this long it's doubtful you were going. How much did you think the charter that had not been released was going to be?

Hibernian Verse
18-07-2016, 03:50 PM
Also the risk of being on the charter flight is you might get picked to play in goals.
Now now!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Allant1981
18-07-2016, 04:24 PM

So in other words you werent going anyway but want the attention by posting

Jonnyboy
18-07-2016, 04:47 PM
Folk need to keep in mind that this is a charter flight and Easy Jet/Ryanair etc. The big boys have much bigger planes and the clout to negotiate airport taxes etc. Hibs have to cover the cost of chartering the plane, have no bargaining leeway etc. Hotel wise, it ain't a hostel or the likes so price for accommodation will be significant compared to the budget hotels many will be staying in.

I see no 'rip off' merely a covering of costs

Yes, I'm on the flight lest you were wondering 😉

Edit : I meant not Easyjet but edit didn't work

Jonnyboy
18-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Folk need to keep in mind that this is a charter flight and Easy Jet/Ryanair etc. The big boys have much bigger planes and the clout to negotiate airport taxes etc. Hibs have to cover the cost of chartering the plane, have no bargaining leeway etc. Hotel wise, it ain't a hostel or the likes so price for accommodation will be significant compared to the budget hotels many will be staying in.

I see no 'rip off' merely a covering of costs

Yes, I'm on the flight lest you were wondering 😉

Edit : I meant not Easyjet but edit didn't work

I meant 'not' Easyjet etc

Billy Whizz
18-07-2016, 04:51 PM
I meant 'not' Easyjet etc

Coconut Airways by any chance😅

Jonnyboy
18-07-2016, 04:52 PM
:greengrin

Now you know why my arrangements were changed late on, Billy 😉

Billy Whizz
18-07-2016, 04:53 PM

Now you know why my arrangements were changed late on, Billy 😉

How did you manage to cancel your previous flights and get a refund

Jonnyboy
18-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Long story so I'll tell you over a beer on Thursday 👍

Billy Whizz
18-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Long story so I'll tell you over a beer on Thursday 👍

You have must have too much money😄

Jonnyboy
18-07-2016, 05:02 PM
You have must have too much money😄

Well if I did, I don't have any more :greengrin

Brightside
18-07-2016, 05:08 PM
If I wasn't on holiday I'd be on that flight. Great price.

big gogs
18-07-2016, 05:16 PM
That's me booked,whoopee,

Yuillsy
18-07-2016, 06:07 PM
My sister-in-law is going. She's like a kid at Christmas!!!!

Speedy
18-07-2016, 06:15 PM
How much is it for a kids seat?:devil:

wazoo1875
18-07-2016, 06:33 PM
My sister-in-law is going. She's like a kid at Christmas!!!!

You not heading over G ?
I'm away over on Thursday morning😃

Baldy Foghorn
18-07-2016, 06:38 PM
If people are happy to pay the price then fair play, Hibs are not forcing anyone to take the option, it is convenient for some, time wise.....:flag:

Jonnyboy
18-07-2016, 06:39 PM
If people are happy to pay the price then fair play, Hibs are not forcing anyone to take the option, it is convenient for some, time wise.....:flag:

:agree:

matty_f
18-07-2016, 06:48 PM

:agree: If I had the money I'd take that up, no doubt about it. Doesn't look a rip-off at all, IMHO.

Jack
18-07-2016, 07:00 PM
At that price from London you are looking at a marathon trek out there, possibly spending 8 hours waiting for the onward flight. It certainly isn't direct fromLondon. That's without adding in your Edinburgh flight costs and just as importantly, time.
If we compare like for like a direct flight from Edinburgh on those dates is coming in at just under £500. The charter price is a decent deal for what you get.

Aye but you dinny even get breakfast!

headshrinker
18-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Driving to Manchester tomorrow, overnight in hotel with parking. Flight to Copenhagen 10.45am, 2 nights hotel bed and breakfast. Flight back 9.50pm Friday night. £280 including diesel. Only downside is the drive back from Manchester but we can deal with that.

18-07-2016, 08:12 PM
I've no real problem with the Club charging this rate. It's a private charter flight and what people forget is that the plane has to fly in from somewhere (empty so a cost which has to be included in the price). Scheduled airlines organise their routes to fly in and out of a series of different cities on a regular basis so empty flights. Add to that they get charged a premium for buying a landing slot and then siting in on the runway for a couple of days while the team play their game and then fly back and have on empty flight on to their next job. All these are extra costs that schedule airlines don't incur. I doubt the club will be making anything on this and are just covering the cost associated with the empty seats to try and reduce their exposure.

If I had one complaint though it would be that they should have got their act together and had been selling these places last week. They will have known the costs and size of planes available for both potential destinations a couple of weeks ago because we knew who the opposition were so don't try and sell the seats a couple of days before the away leg. Basically poor planning.

lucky
18-07-2016, 09:11 PM
The reality is some moan at Hibs about everything. We all make choices in life and if this short trip works for you then you pay it

marinello59
18-07-2016, 09:15 PM
The reality is some moan at Hibs about everything. We all make choices in life and if this shirt trip works for you then you pay it

Exactly.
If you want a last minute short trip with minimal travel time then this is a decent deal.

staunchhibby
18-07-2016, 09:17 PM
Looking forward to the trip.Should be good .

Golden Bear
18-07-2016, 09:36 PM
Exactly.
If you want a last minute short trip with minimal travel time then this is a decent deal.

I agree. Good luck to those who can afford it. It looks like a great wee trip to me

jacomo
18-07-2016, 10:05 PM
Driving to Manchester tomorrow, overnight in hotel with parking. Flight to Copenhagen 10.45am, 2 nights hotel bed and breakfast. Flight back 9.50pm Friday night. £280 including diesel. Only downside is the drive back from Manchester but we can deal with that.

And you have to spend Tuesday travelling by car.

But if it works for you, great. I love a road trip. :thumbsup:

Radge70
18-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Don't really think it's a question of whether or not this price is competitive, it's whether or not Hibs are acting in good spirits by charging their fans £750 to join them on a flight that they needed to charter anyway. They don't even name the hotel and all that is missing is the bit about how other guests in the hotel would be jealous if they knew how cheap your room was, so the hotel wants to keep it a secret!

They also try to dress this up as a "package" by saying it includes transfers and match tickets etc (which in reality are worth next to nothing). I'd maybe consider it if they chucked in a free meal at Celtic park with cash bar to make up for the lack of meals in the hotel but my feeling for now is that £750 is a bit exploitative.

lucky
18-07-2016, 10:47 PM
Don't really think it's a question of whether or not this price is competitive, it's whether or not Hibs are acting in good spirits by charging their fans £750 to join them on a flight that they needed to charter anyway. They don't even name the hotel and all that is missing is the bit about how other guests in the hotel would be jealous if they knew how cheap your room was, so the hotel wants to keep it a secret!

They also try to dress this up as a "package" by saying it includes transfers and match tickets etc (which in reality are worth next to nothing). I'd maybe consider it if they chucked in a free meal at Celtic park with cash bar to make up for the lack of meals in the hotel but my feeling for now is that £750 is a bit exploitative.

How many teams would name their hotel they are staying in before a game? I was in the team hotel in Malmo and it was a great experience mixing with the players and staff. I doubt that anyone on this trip I s going to end up in a crap hotel and more than likely the team hotel. But RP is being tight they could have chucked in breakfast.

Radge70
18-07-2016, 11:46 PM
How many teams would name their hotel they are staying in before a game? I was in the team hotel in Malmo and it was a great experience mixing with the players and staff. I doubt that anyone on this trip I s going to end up in a crap hotel and more than likely the team hotel. But RP is being tight they could have chucked in breakfast.
As a supporter, I'm afraid I'd feel even less a part of the club if I felt I needed to pay that kind of premium for the opportunity to mix with the players and staff. I know that the likes of Justin Bieber is whacking an extra £1000 onto the price of his show tickets so that his young fans can get a laminated ticket and a group selfie with him but i think that's just plain wrong. Although I accept everything does have a price, I'm just saying that I don't feel this type of deal is being done in good spirits and would prefer to see the remaining places on the charter flight being made available at a budget that might be within the means of the more hard core element of Hibs supporters, of whom I'm sure our players would much rather mix with anyway. I'm unsure as to whether or not teams specifically "name their hotel" before a game but I know from experience that it's never a secret (once finding myself in the same hotel as the Real Madrid team and about a thousand hanger-on-ers prior to a classico). That's irrelevant anyway because if you are being asked to pay money like that then it is reasonable for you to be told up front where you will be staying.

Itsnoteasy
19-07-2016, 12:06 AM
As a supporter, I'm afraid I'd feel even less a part of the club if I felt I needed to pay that kind of premium for the opportunity to mix with the players and staff. I know that the likes of Justin Bieber is whacking an extra £1000 onto the price of his show tickets so that his young fans can get a laminated ticket and a group selfie with him but i think that's just plain wrong. Although I accept everything does have a price, I'm just saying that I don't feel this type of deal is being done in good spirits and would prefer to see the remaining places on the charter flight being made available at a budget that might be within the means of the more hard core element of Hibs supporters, of whom I'm sure our players would much rather mix with anyway. I'm unsure as to whether or not teams specifically "name their hotel" before a game but I know from experience that it's never a secret (once finding myself in the same hotel as the Real Madrid team and about a thousand hanger-on-ers prior to a classico). That's irrelevant anyway because if you are being asked to pay money like that then it is reasonable for you to be told up front where you will be staying.

So what you are saying is people that can afford this trip are not hardcore, maybe just cup final day trippers then. I dinnae think so.

GreenLake
19-07-2016, 01:13 AM

I would pay an extra $1000 to get a ticket and a laminated selfie with Shakira. :greengrin

Time For Heroes
19-07-2016, 01:44 AM

Its probably to late now but if we knew this a few days ago we could have done a Hibs.net raffle for a chance of winning a ticket, i dunno how many would part with, say 20 quid with any extra going to a good cause

19-07-2016, 01:46 AM

Its only exploitation if the rate they are charging is higher that the actual unit cost per head. My understanding is it's not. That's the price of chartering a plane - if you think you can do cheaper nobody is stopping you offer a fans package. Think you should go and try chartering a plane and see how much it actually costs before you start taking a pop at the price. Your not just paying for a return flight, you're actually paying for the return flight plus two empty plane flights so the plane can get to and from its home airport and then the cost of the crew and the plane sitting ideal for a day while they wait for team to play the game and return. Think you should at least do you homework first. What would you prefer, the club pay £750 a seat and hand it out at half the price and loose money on the deal.

The difference with a scheduled flight is that the plane is making the trip regularly so has a cheaper landing slot, once it drops you off it flies off and makes more money flying to other destinations and then brings more people to the airport you now want to leave from, and keeps doing the cycle round the cities it services.

I've no complaints on the price. Just think they should have launched it a week or so ago. Would have saved a couple of my mates scrambling about arrange flights when they would have quite happily paid the money to travel on the club plane.

marinello59
19-07-2016, 03:04 AM

The players will probably just blank anybody taking up this offer because they are so miffed at not getting to mix with the hard core element. Anybody taking up this offer had better take a book or something because they won't be getting to join in with the players I Spy games on the plane, that's for sure.

blackpoolhibs
19-07-2016, 05:37 AM
I think it's expensive and not something i'd take up, but nobody is forcing me to do so.

greenlex
19-07-2016, 08:00 AM

Why would they offer you a meal at Celtic Park?

oldbutdim
19-07-2016, 08:07 AM

It's a nice hotel - I've been in others of the chain before.

Looking forward to it.

Yuillsy
19-07-2016, 08:28 AM
You not heading over G ?
I'm away over on Thursday morning😃

Unfortunately not mate. We're away on holiday soon and I can't afford this too. Gutted though, would love to be there.

DarrenSQH
19-07-2016, 08:38 AM
It's a nice hotel - I've been in others of the chain before.

Looking forward to it.

I would Imagine its the Radisson Blu if Hibs are doing the same as last trip.

Kojock
19-07-2016, 08:41 AM
I'm on the charter and know the hotel we are staying. Don't know if the team are in the same one tho.

Brooster
19-07-2016, 09:10 AM
If you dont fancy this deal is there any need to come on here to moan non stop about it?

staunchhibby
19-07-2016, 09:42 AM
Believe the team are in a different hotel.

Baldy Foghorn
19-07-2016, 09:42 AM
If you dont fancy this deal is there any need to come on here to moan non stop about it?

:agree::agree:

Another stick to bash the club unnecessarily

Speedy
19-07-2016, 09:43 AM
If they charged £500 people would still complain it's too much.

If it was £200 people would complain it's too late after they've just spent more organising their own trip.

They can't please everyone but at least it provides an option if you want it.

Jonnyboy
19-07-2016, 10:28 AM

Am gutted to find out that after decades of following Hibs home and away, I'm not considered hard core.

marinello59
19-07-2016, 10:32 AM
Am gutted to find out that after decades of following Hibs home and away, I'm not considered hard core.

It's the players I feel sorry for. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
19-07-2016, 10:45 AM
It's the players I feel sorry for. :greengrin

Jay
19-07-2016, 10:49 AM

I absolutely expect to see a selfie with you and the players!

Keith_M
19-07-2016, 10:55 AM
I absolutely expect to see a selfie with you and the players!

He's got the Box Brownie at the ready

Radge70
19-07-2016, 12:23 PM
:agree::agree:

Another stick to bash the club unnecessarily
The only time I will ever "bash" the club is over the various rip-off initiatives they continually come up with that are designed to exploit their own. It may be that the more hard core you are the easier you can be held to ransom but it would have been a nice touch for them to have repaid the deserving fans with a reasonably priced package (for a plane that they had chartered anyway). Despite a few assumptions made on this thread I am making this view as a fan who booked up ages ago. Although I understand that this has no bearing on how market forces work I'm still pretty glad that I'll be doing direct flights and 4 star accommodation (with breakfast) at half the cost. Couldn't care less about what costs are involved in a chartering a flight as that's not the point I'm making. I did travel to Barbados on a charter last year for £428 though if that's any help?

marinello59
19-07-2016, 12:27 PM
The only time I will ever "bash" the club is over the various rip-off initiatives they continually come up with that are designed to exploit their own. It may be that the more hard core you are the easier you can be held to ransom but it would have been a nice touch for them to have repaid the deserving fans with a reasonably priced package (for a plane that they had chartered anyway). Despite a few assumptions made on this thread I am making this view as a fan who booked up ages ago. Although I understand that this has no bearing on how market forces work I'm still pretty glad that I'll be doing direct flights and 4 star accommodation (with breakfast) at half the cost. Couldn't care less about what costs are involved in a chartering a flight as that's not the point I'm making. I did travel to Barbados on a charter last year for £428 though if that's any help?

There's that hard core thing again. Loving it. :faf:
It's all very well rewarding the deserving fans but what about the rest of us?

Geo_1875
19-07-2016, 12:35 PM

Who do consider deserving fans? Which are not deserving?

If the offer was over-subscribed would you expect Hibs to book another plane?

I doubt Hibs will make any money out of offering the spare seats and bed for the night.

CropleyWasGod
19-07-2016, 12:39 PM
How much are fans being ripped off for?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Kojock
19-07-2016, 12:45 PM

Likewise, At the time of the draw circumstances meant that there was no chance of me being able to go over to Denmark. Late in the day my circumstances changed and I was grateful to have the opportunity to be on the official charter.

EH54
19-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Too much for me but wish I could go, would be a great experience don't necessarily think it's overpriced or a rip off the charter was always going to be more expensive than booking everything on your own.

Andy74
19-07-2016, 12:55 PM
I'm presuming people are using the term rip-off to mean expensive for what you get as opposed to Hibs exploiting people?

For the first part, of course it is expensive in the scheme of things. £750 for a night away is a high price to pay.

You have to take it for what it is though, its a charter flight, its with the players, it eliminates other travel hassle. Good luck to anyone who can afford to pay it, it will be a great experience. I prefer the longer stay and enjoy the less structured routing myself but each to their own.

Are Hibs exploiting people with it? I'd say no chance, they will have the substantial costs of this to try and meet and I doubt they are making anything from those that take it up.

BSEJVT
19-07-2016, 01:12 PM

Who said theyhad to charter a plane?

They did so and are now looking to recoup the cost of that charter, by inviting those that want to and can afford to, to travel with the team.

I would love to do it, but cant afford the time to do it (although truth be told I cant afford the cost right now either)

I would go as far as to say that given the choice of making my own way at £400 or paying £750 for this for a shorter trip, I would probably choose this for the experience.

Folk go or don't go, its up to them.

Its interesting though that those not going on the charter think its a rip off, whilst those going are quite happy with the cost.

Maybe a case of the old green eyed monster?

Dashing Bob S
19-07-2016, 01:16 PM
Cheap at the bloody price. We live in a free society and the moaning minnies should jump in the nearest time machine and sod off back to Bolshevik Russia if they don't like the scent of greenbacks.

ancient hibee
19-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Not for me.Prefer not to travel with the hired hands.

How did a meal at Celtic Park come into this (Freudian slip by moaning poster?).

Billy Whizz
19-07-2016, 02:33 PM
Not for me.Prefer not to travel with the hired hands.

How did a meal at Celtic Park come into this (Freudian slip by moaning poster?).

When Hibs organised hospitality for the Scottish cup final, the fans had their pre match meal at Celtic park. I'm presuming this is where this came from

Radge70
19-07-2016, 04:07 PM
When Hibs organised hospitality for the Scottish cup final, the fans had their pre match meal at Celtic park. I'm presuming this is where this came from
Correct and I've now completely changed my views after reading these other posts and am now off to purchase a mascot package for my kid so that he can mix with his heroes.
I should also say that I travel a lot to watch various sports throughout the world and have probably had my photo taken with every major trophy there is. Only ever had to pay for it once though........

CapitalGreen
19-07-2016, 04:15 PM
Correct and I've now completely changed my views after reading these other posts and am now off to purchase a mascot package for my kid so that he can mix with his heroes.
I should also say that I travel a lot to watch various sports throughout the world and have probably had my photo taken with every major trophy there is. Only ever had to pay for it once though........

They weren't professionally taken though were they?

calumhibee1
19-07-2016, 04:36 PM
I cannot believe people are moaning about this. Expensive, yes. But it's absolutely not a rip off for what you're getting. Especially when direct flights and staying in what will be a nice hotel would come in at 5-600 no doubt.

Keith_M
19-07-2016, 05:01 PM

You really don't like Hibs much, do you.

marinello59
19-07-2016, 05:09 PM

That's 'cos you are hard core.