PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Insall

Agnes Gordon
17-07-2016, 12:11 PM
Anyone know why his involvement so far in pre season games has been so limited?

Leith's finest
17-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Seen him play against spartans, seemed to be a bit of the pace an a bit unfit; but thats what these games are for, to get fit

Ronniekirk
17-07-2016, 12:54 PM
Anyone know why his involvement so far in pre season games has been so limited?

His signing was a bit of a gamble with no guarantee he would make the step up Stubbs said he was a three year project and clearly hoped he could be developed for the first team at some point within that timeframe
Lennon has brought Holt in so think Jamie could end up back out on loan as he needs to be playing to develop
Lennon has decisions to make on a few of our younger players in the next few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonnyboy
17-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Scored a cracker yesterday at Coldstream

Billychaotic182
17-07-2016, 01:49 PM
He was good at east fife and linked up well with Austin and Smith plus he can play on the right wing.

Finn2015
17-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Scored a cracker yesterday at Coldstream

What was the score?

RoxburghHibs
17-07-2016, 02:07 PM
What was the score?

8-1

Ronniekirk
17-07-2016, 02:08 PM
What was the score?

8. 1 to hibs Jamie was a late sub Keating's ran riot

J-C
17-07-2016, 03:25 PM
8. 1 to hibs Jamie was a late sub Keating's ran riot

I bet their defence was terrified. :greengrin

MB62
17-07-2016, 04:01 PM
8-1

Who were we playing, Barnstonworth? :greengrin

Ronniekirk
17-07-2016, 04:04 PM
I bet their defence was terrified. :greengrin

Forgot words like riot now take on a new dimension for us since the cup final

17-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Buying him was a huge gamble, picking out a player from non-league but he seems to be not bad. Had a very good season with East fife so hopefully with a bit of nurturing he can step up. Don't think he will be first choice but certainly not a bad player to have as back up or coming off the bench when we need something fresh.

jacomo
17-07-2016, 05:33 PM
His signing was a bit of a gamble with no guarantee he would make the step up Stubbs said he was a three year project and clearly hoped he could be developed for the first team at some point within that timeframe
Lennon has brought Holt in so think Jamie could end up back out on loan as he needs to be playing to develop
Lennon has decisions to make on a few of our younger players in the next few weeks

We need four strikers in the first team squad, so if not him someone else.

Iggy Pope
17-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Who were we playing, Barnstonworth? :greengrin

:top marks Golden Gordon. Marvellous stuff.
Definitely nor Barnstonworth Resrves circa 1923-24. They would have annihilated us.

calamitus
19-07-2016, 06:40 AM
He's got a first team squad number - 15 - so that looks fairly promising

The_Horde
19-07-2016, 07:14 AM

He might have to have one due to his age?

Since90+2
19-07-2016, 07:52 AM
Saw him against Spartans last week. Would be surprised if he ever makes the step up to the first team.

overdrive
19-07-2016, 09:44 AM

Pretty sure he had that number last season too.

WeeRussell
19-07-2016, 06:56 PM
He is Playing against Selkirk tonight. Fairly even game so far but Shaw has put hibs youngsters one up from rebound from his own header. Selkirk making chances from set pieces.

KDY Hibs
19-07-2016, 06:59 PM
He is Playing against Selkirk tonight. Fairly even game so far but Shaw has put hibs youngsters one up from rebound from his own header. Selkirk making chances from set pieces.

O'connor playing?

WeeRussell
19-07-2016, 07:10 PM
O'connor playing?
Nope.. Making himself heard from the dugout though haha.. And there's a couple of Selkirk players in similar shape to the big man ;)

WeeRussell
19-07-2016, 07:45 PM
2-0 insall

WeeRussell
19-07-2016, 07:47 PM
3. Lewis Allan. Well worked goal and nice play from insall who was 'strongly challenged' off the ball afterwards

Brightside
19-07-2016, 07:56 PM
3. Lewis Allan. Well worked goal and nice play from insall who was 'strongly challenged' off the ball afterwards

Combe is in goal for Hibs. That's nonsense.

oneone73
19-07-2016, 08:04 PM

Presumably we can't risk injury to Virtanen or Laidlaw?

Billy
19-07-2016, 08:05 PM
Currently 5-1 Hibs

Mackie with the 4th and Dunsmore with the 5th

Mibbes Aye
19-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Currently 5-1 Hibs

I thought Mackie had gone to Berwick on loan - unless there's another one?

Billy
19-07-2016, 08:17 PM
I thought Mackie had gone to Berwick on loan - unless there's another one?

I'm sure the deal is that they can still play for the development side whilst on loan.

Mibbes Aye
19-07-2016, 08:20 PM
I'm sure the deal is that they can still play for the development side whilst on loan.

Thanks, if that's the case it sounds positive - experience of real first-team football combined with keeping close to their peers. So as long as they manage the game time appropriately then everyone should benefit.

Pretty Boy
19-07-2016, 08:24 PM

Yep, development loans allow them still to play for their parents clubs development side. A good idea imo.

WeeRussell
19-07-2016, 08:25 PM
Thought that was a bit alarming myself.. I'm sure he isn't someone who requires a run before the start of the season! Having said that, it's no secret we're short of keepers.. Those we have will be in Denmark.

Brightside
19-07-2016, 08:26 PM
Thought that was a bit alarming myself.. I'm sure he isn't someone who requires a run before the start of the season! Having said that, it's no secret we're short of keepers.. Those we have will be in Denmark.

We should give 17yo a run out rather than the coach.

Mibbes Aye
19-07-2016, 08:37 PM

We should give 17yo a run out rather than the coach.

We had a trialist listed as sub keeper on Saturday but he didn't come on - is he there tonight?

I'd hoped to make it over to Yarrow Park but wasn't able to. I'm assuming less fringe players and more dev players than Saturday?

Scooter
19-07-2016, 08:53 PM
Unless he's going to go with Combe on thrus :greengrin

Alfred E Newman
19-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Currently 5-1 Hibs

It a poor show going down there for a friendly and killing the club.

WeeRussell
19-07-2016, 09:22 PM
We had a trialist listed as sub keeper on Saturday but he didn't come on - is he there tonight?

I'd hoped to make it over to Yarrow Park but wasn't able to. I'm assuming less fringe players and more dev players than Saturday?

Two 'triallists' listed on teamsheet. One was the keeper and one was Aaron Scott who was with us (loaned to galafairydean rovers) last season.. Thought he had left (maybe to go abroad?) which maybe explains why listed as triallist tonight. Not sure if we had another keeper, maybe someone can confirm.. I think Combe was said ''triallist"!

Apart from the keeper obviously, I think insall was oldest player at 23. Rest developments. Hibs started to look good once the opposition had tired (half their team is overweight, never mind unfit!).. Insall shown some nice touches in second half. I thought number 6 looked decent in first half...Alistair someone?

Mibbes Aye
19-07-2016, 09:27 PM
Two 'triallists' listed on teamsheet. One was the keeper and one was Aaron Scott who was with us (loaned to galafairydean rovers) last season.. Thought he had left (maybe to go abroad?) which maybe explains why listed as triallist tonight. Not sure if we had another keeper, maybe someone can confirm.. I think Combe was said ''triallist"!

Apart from the keeper obviously, I think insall was oldest player at 23. Rest developments. Hibs started to look good once the opposition had tired (half their team is overweight, never mind unfit!).. Insall shown some nice touches in second half. I thought number 6 looked decent in first half...Alistair someone?

Cheers :aok:

Alistair Smith wore 6 on Saturday, centre-mid.

Mibbes Aye
19-07-2016, 09:27 PM
It a poor show going down there for a friendly and killing the club.

:tee hee:

WeeRussell
19-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Cheers :aok:

Alistair Smith wore 6 on Saturday, centre-mid.

That's him. Liked him early on tonight, sat deeper, looking assured, composed and with a bit drive about him too. Dunsmore did well too (thought he looked better in centre mid than at right back tonight, may have just been this game though).

On a side note, big gaz was a bit petty and got involved with a Hibs fan on the sideline. He's no changed much haha

Mibbes Aye
19-07-2016, 09:42 PM
That's him. Liked him early on tonight, sat deeper, looking assured, composed and with a bit drive about him too. Dunsmore did well too (thought he looked better in centre mid than at right back tonight, may have just been this game though).

On a side note, big gaz was a bit petty and got involved with a Hibs fan on the sideline. He's no changed much haha

Would have been interested to see Dunsmore playing inside, wish I'd been able to make it. Looking forward to seeing how we set up against Gala, probably the most challenging of this run of Borders fixtures.

Andy74
19-07-2016, 09:52 PM

You also have to think of the rest of the team though. I'm sure we have a plan to bring in or develop or young keepers but if none were ready or available then allowing the rest of the team to play with an experienced keeper behind them I'm sure would be more beneficial than worrying about someone in there that wasn't up to it.

Tamhere1875
19-07-2016, 09:53 PM
Jamie played and scored tonight in a 6-1 win at Selkirk

WeeRussell
19-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Would have been interested to see Dunsmore playing inside, wish I'd been able to make it. Looking forward to seeing how we set up against Gala, probably the most challenging of this run of Borders fixtures.

Would imagine you'll see that on Friday, mate. And yeah would expect a better test against gala but would still fancy our youngsters to come through reasonably comfortably.

Mibbes Aye
19-07-2016, 10:12 PM
Would imagine you'll see that on Friday, mate. And yeah would expect a better test against gala but would still fancy our youngsters to come through reasonably comfortably.

:agree: Should do.

Thanks for the updates :aok:

h18eeynick
19-07-2016, 10:18 PM
Jamie played and scored tonight in a 6-1 win at Selkirk

Came up from Carlisle to watch them play my old team. Played for Selkirk for about ten years. What a bunch of moaning tossers all game and O,Connor was a disgrace and told early doors by ref to stop constant swearing. Ref told them to take striker off with ten minues to go or he would send him off for continuing abuse. Decent shift by Hibs and Jamie could have had a few with him losing out on two one on ones with keeper but bth times elected to shoot instead of taking it past him. He had some great control though with 2 instances standing out where he brought the ball down from kick outs with just one touch and killed the ball dead. Glad i decided to go as only thought aboutit at 5pm !