PDA

View Full Version : Hibs away kits

Lancs Harp
16-07-2016, 10:24 PM
We've had numerous colours over the years, what colour would you prefer?

I'm thinking purple or white.

Austinho
17-07-2016, 03:02 AM
The purple is awful. None of the ones we've had have been nice. I'd like to see a reverse of the home shirt - white shirt with green sleeves.

The 2005-2006 black one with green trim (Le Coq Sportif) was one of the best we've had in living memory.

I liked the idea of the mint kit, but thought it was poorly executed. Something more like Portugal's current away kit would be really cool imo.

Jdawg
17-07-2016, 03:50 AM
The purple is awful. None of the ones we've had have been nice. I'd like to see a reverse of the home shirt - white shirt with green sleeves.

The 2005-2006 black one with green trim (Le Coq Sportif) was one of the best we've had in living memory.

I liked the idea of the mint kit, but thought it was poorly executed. Something more like Portugal's current away kit would be really cool imo.

That black top was a thing of beauty.

Purple top should have had a hibs green trim not that luminous yellow monstrosity.

Most of the mock ups on the forums are far better than what we get. Perhaps time to go for a smaller brand and hopefully get s more bespoke strip.

Pretty Boy
17-07-2016, 06:02 AM
The only one I don't particularly like is white.

Not because the strips don't look nice but for most of our recent history the only time it has been required is against Celtic, the one team it can't be used against. Hence we end up digging out an old black or yellow or purple strip anyway.

Just Jimmy
17-07-2016, 09:48 AM
Last years away was magic.

Hibs should have worn last years home and away for the rest of time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

easty
17-07-2016, 09:58 AM

The purple and green stripe away strip was a thing of beauty.

bod
17-07-2016, 10:09 AM
loved the mitre purple one we had with the green bit at the neck with HFC & the large beermat badge down the side of it.
somebody post a pic please

MSK
17-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Slightly off topic, I noticed in the match programme v Brondby, a pic of Rob Jones in action, it had Carling as our sponsor, perhaps Im having a major senior moment but I cant remember them sponsoring us. I knew they had the old firm but honestly cant remember them sponsoring us 😬

QMU-1875
17-07-2016, 12:01 PM
Purple for me every time

Pretty Boy
17-07-2016, 12:03 PM
Slightly off topic, I noticed in the match programme v Brondby, a pic of Rob Jones in action, it had Carling as our sponsor, perhaps Im having a major senior moment but I cant remember them sponsoring us. I knew they had the old firm but honestly cant remember them sponsoring us 😬

They sponsored us in Europe a couple of times, definitely against Dnipro and in at least 1 Intertoto game, as alcohol over a certain ABV was banned as a sponsor and we had Whyte & Mackay at the time. We also wore white with just a plain blue box with no W&M name in Mowbray 1st game v Vetra.

MSK
17-07-2016, 12:10 PM
They sponsored us in Europe a couple of times, definitely against Dnipro and in at least 1 Intertoto game, as alcohol over a certain ABV was banned as a sponsor and we had Whyte & Mackay at the time. We also wore white with just a plain blue box with no W&M name in Mowbray 1st game v Vetra.Ah that makes sense PB cheers 👍

Bishop Hibee
17-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Purple is my favourite away strip, preferably with white sleeves. Green and purple striped one was a classic I still have.

.Sean.
17-07-2016, 01:10 PM
Purple and yellow are pish.

Think I was the only person who thought the mint kit was was brilliant. Classy as with the black socks aswell, loved it.

.Sean.
17-07-2016, 01:12 PM
Slightly off topic, I noticed in the match programme v Brondby, a pic of Rob Jones in action, it had Carling as our sponsor, perhaps Im having a major senior moment but I cant remember them sponsoring us. I knew they had the old firm but honestly cant remember them sponsoring us 
Thy only sponsored us for European games as for some reason UEFA wouldn't let a whisky company support us.

We wore Carling sponsored tops in both ties against Dnipro and in the Intertoto cup the following season. Unless I'm tripping I'm sure one of the tops might even be in the Harp and Castle :confused:

LaMotta
17-07-2016, 01:15 PM

:agree::agree::agree:

17-07-2016, 04:51 PM
I personally loved the purple one last year. Defo my favourite hibs away shirt.

SouthMoroccoStu
17-07-2016, 08:49 PM
I'm probably in the minority here but I liked the mint shirt

Always a fan of the purple and green efforts. I remember having the green and purple Calor shirt (1994-96 -ish I think)

Never too fussed by the away tbh

Jonnyboy
17-07-2016, 08:53 PM

Think I was the only person who thought the mint kit was was brilliant. Classy as with the black socks aswell, loved it.

I thought so too, Sean. Must be an East Lothian thing :greengrin

How about a Croatia style only green and white (or have I taken that too far?) :wink:

snooky
17-07-2016, 09:03 PM

Certainly is, JB. I'm from that neck of the woods and also thought the mint strip was, emmm ... mint. :aok:

Mibbes Aye
17-07-2016, 09:09 PM
Purple with a broad diagonal stripe in green or maybe white, South American-style.

Ozyhibby
17-07-2016, 09:17 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160717/10bb94f8f84565e87c050af6e1f16b91.jpg

Wish we could get something based on this? Then we would be a big team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
17-07-2016, 09:24 PM
Interesting responses fellas.

Purple strip popular but clearly a bit marmite for some.

Thoughts on this seasons effort? Have to admit the first thing that came into my head when I saw it first hand was "where are my shades". Got an inkling it will be more popular with our more youthful elements than us "experienced" types.

50s the new middle aged.

Glory Lurker
17-07-2016, 09:40 PM
I would like to see us mix it up a bit on the away strip. It is just the second strip after all. Would like to see a red or sky blue effort. Used to want us to wear a black/white stripe combo to claim the Edinburgh colours, but ironically that would clash with Leith Athletic which wouldn't be cool.

Dare I suggest peach?

Scott Allan Key
17-07-2016, 09:42 PM

How about a Croatia style only green and white (or have I taken that too far?) :wink:

Croatia home kit is one of my favourites. Would you consider cup-winners' green or emerald with white check?

Personally, I'd like, perhaps for our 150th anniversary to have white as home kit with a reworked, newly designed harp as a one-off, ala the way some clubs have reworked old badges for away kits.. I think a white top with white shorts (green trim) and green socks (our first colours going by historicalkits.co.uk) could potentially be a thing of beauty and a collectors' item. The original badge looks out of date,IMHO though, it needs rejigged with new background and shield, but kept simple.

Jonnyboy
17-07-2016, 09:49 PM
Croatia home kit is one of my favourites. Would you consider cup-winners' green or emerald with white check?

Personally, I'd like, perhaps for our 150th anniversary to have white as home kit with a reworked, newly designed harp as a one-off, ala the way some clubs have reworked old badges for away kits.. I think a white top with white shorts (green trim) and green socks (our first colours going by historicalkits.co.uk) could potentially be a thing of beauty and a collectors' item. The original badge looks out of date,IMHO though, it needs rejigged with new background and shield, but kept simple.

Either, really :agree:

ian cruise
17-07-2016, 09:51 PM

Not a huge fan of purple, love a yellow kit but like yourself I was, and still am, a big fan of the mint kit. Still wear my top from time to time.

snooky
17-07-2016, 09:53 PM
I'd really like the 2013-14 Real Betis home strip for our away strip
http://www.uksoccershop.com/images/real-betis-home-shirt-2013-14.jpg

BTW, their 2014-15 away strip looks somewhat familiar.... :hmmm:
http://www.uksoccershop.com/p-47701/2014-2015-real-betis-authentic-away-match-shirt.html

Scott Allan Key
17-07-2016, 10:01 PM
I'd really like the 2013-14 Real Betis home strip for our away strip
http://www.uksoccershop.com/images/real-betis-home-shirt-2013-14.jpg

BTW, their 2014-15 away strip looks somewhat familiar.... :hmmm:
http://www.uksoccershop.com/p-47701/2014-2015-real-betis-authentic-away-match-shirt.html

I'm a big fan of their home kit. Have one cotton old school kit from Toffs. The Hibees knees.

.Sean.
17-07-2016, 10:13 PM
Anyone got a mint top in long sleeved they'd sell? Would love one for 7s