PDA

View Full Version : Seagulls

Galileo47
16-07-2016, 09:40 PM
Something must be done about the seagulls. No longer just an irritant but now becoming aggressive. If we need to buy a couple of hawks let's do it and do it soon.

Finn2015
16-07-2016, 09:41 PM
They ain't seagulls they are flying filthy ******g ********s

Glory Lurker
16-07-2016, 09:43 PM
Something must be done about the seagulls. No longer just an irritant but now becoming aggressive. If we need to buy a couple of hawks let's do it and do it soon.

What kind? If you're talking Dick Cheney then I'll never be back to ER. You might mean a different sort of course.

snooky
16-07-2016, 09:56 PM
I think we should train them to s**t on poor refs like the one we had on Thursday.

Sir David Gray
16-07-2016, 09:57 PM
I think we should train them to s**t on poor refs like the one we had on Thursday.

Or circle the opposition goalie.

Waxy
16-07-2016, 09:57 PM
In 500 years these seagulls will be plucking people from the crowd in dropping them into their nests high on the craggs.

cabbageandribs1875
16-07-2016, 10:03 PM
thousands less appeared in the game v brondby than their were against murrawell, i'm thinking maybe they didn't like all that flag waving the brondby fans were doing, so that's the answer....give us all flags on entry :)

Glory Lurker
16-07-2016, 10:09 PM
In 500 years these seagulls will be plucking people from the crowd in dropping them into their nests high on the craggs.

Too right. 500 years ago were humans nipping in to shops in Aberdeen to nick crisps? No chance. If we don't act now, it'll soon be Planet of the Apes, but with seagulls instead of monkeys.

Lancs Harp
16-07-2016, 10:11 PM
thousands less appeared in the game v brondby than their were against murrawell, i'm thinking maybe they didn't like all that flag waving the brondby fans were doing, so that's the answer....give us all flags on entry :)

A seagull mate of mine said the £22 ticket price put them off.

Glory Lurker
16-07-2016, 10:13 PM

He should have just bought a chicks ticket.

Hibrandenburg
16-07-2016, 10:17 PM
It's like a plague, you see them raking in bins, stealing from passersby and *****ing in public. They'd feel much more at home at Tynecastle but I suppose they get competition from the locals.

Just Jimmy
16-07-2016, 11:54 PM
Doesnt help that idiots feed them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
17-07-2016, 01:30 AM

flock off :greengrin but....the seagull does have a valid point imo

Sir David Gray
17-07-2016, 08:43 AM
Doesnt help that idiots feed them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

:agree: I get absolutely mad watching people feeding them.

If it was up to me, I would chuck anyone out who's caught doing that.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-07-2016, 09:14 AM
:agree: I get absolutely mad watching people feeding them.

If it was up to me, I would chuck anyone out who's caught doing that.

Presumably kids most adults know the score or should now! Littering really gets me

Sir David Gray
17-07-2016, 09:20 AM
Presumably kids most adults know the score or should now! Littering really gets me

If the kids are with adults then the adults should be the ones held responsible and the whole lot chucked out if they don't nip it in the bud after their little darlings have done it a couple of times.

Northernhibee
17-07-2016, 09:45 AM
Stop giving the seagulls loyalty points. Problem solved.

snooky
17-07-2016, 09:49 AM
If the kids are with adults then the adults should be the ones held responsible and the whole lot chucked out if they don't nip it in the bud after their little darlings have done it a couple of times.

Yesterday around teatime I saw a young ar$ehole toss an empty coke can out the driver's window of his car.
(E reg, small red Volvo). Little scroat. :slipper:

Famous Fiver
17-07-2016, 05:01 PM
Saw one with a really big beak.

Immediately christened it Rudi. It could be back soon.

SunshineOnLeith
17-07-2016, 05:10 PM
I for one welcome our new seagull overlords.

WhileTheChief..
17-07-2016, 06:10 PM
Yesterday around teatime I saw a young ar$ehole toss an empty coke can out the driver's window of his car.
(E reg, small red Volvo). Little scroat. :slipper:

They may be scavengers but I doubts the gulls are now eating coke cans ;)

Famous Fiver
17-07-2016, 06:28 PM
Bet it was a maroon coloured car.

Phil MaGlass
17-07-2016, 07:00 PM
Should have guys shooting them before every game. That wid soon pit a stoap tae it. Manky ba5turds. In fact let Hibs Kids take a few shots. Exvellent entertainment.

HoboHarry
17-07-2016, 07:04 PM
Should have guys shooting them before every game. That wid soon pit a stoap tae it. Manky ba5turds. In fact let Hibs Kids take a few shots. Exvellent entertainment.
I'm an excellent shot - if Hibs pay my flight costs I'll take care of it......:greengrin

LustForLeith
18-07-2016, 08:07 AM

Handing out airguns to kids a giving them ten seconds to kill as many as they can. An alternative to the half time penalty shootout.

What was it Shaun Ryder fed the pigeons that caused their stomach to explode?

heretoday
18-07-2016, 03:30 PM
There's nothing much you can do short of shooting them. They're like Hearts supporters.

Just Alf
18-07-2016, 04:06 PM
Dog hates 'em....
at certain times of the year we seem to get loads in the garden and on the roof and he goes ape chasing them... thats ok i guess but over that period planes and helicopters get the same treatment from him... daft mutt!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

sadtom
18-07-2016, 04:19 PM
Do what hawrts would...add them to the official attendance.

Liam978
18-07-2016, 05:16 PM

Get a life, or better still, chuck yirsel oot.

snooky
18-07-2016, 05:17 PM
The only reason I go to Easter Road is for the burds.

HoboHarry
19-07-2016, 01:48 AM
Dog hates 'em....
at certain times of the year we seem to get loads in the garden and on the roof and he goes ape chasing them... thats ok i guess but over that period planes and helicopters get the same treatment from him... daft mutt!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Few years back my now departed dog chased them every day of his life for 4 or 5 years. Then he caught an injured one in the school grounds and his frustration spilled over and he shredded the thing lol. Guts and snotters everywhere......

HoboHarry
19-07-2016, 01:50 AM
Do what hawrts would...add them to the official attendance.
:thumbsup:

monktonharp
19-07-2016, 11:04 PM
these pesky gulls are top of my list regarding "pet" hates. there is a problem, mainly at half time as if the barstewards can see the bairns (and probably know them) that throw away bits of pizza. they are no longer seagulls, as they live and work in maist towns in our country . I see them nesting on flat roofs at Fort Kinnaird now. a few decoy hawks/owls or eagles on the stand roofs might help, or like farmers a gun sounding every few minutes to scare crows away from crops . wish we were doing something, countrywide to stop their advance though. flying rats.

Sir David Gray
19-07-2016, 11:11 PM
Get a life, or better still, chuck yirsel oot.

Class. :rolleyes:

If you enjoy seeing those things being fed and then subsequently divebombing people as they become more adventurous in their search for food and then inevitably crapping all over you then crack on.

HoboHarry
19-07-2016, 11:13 PM
these pesky gulls are top of my list regarding "pet" hates. there is a problem, mainly at half time as if the barstewards can see the bairns (and probably know them) that throw away bits of pizza. they are no longer seagulls, as they live and work in maist towns in our country . I see them nesting on flat roofs at Fort Kinnaird now. a few decoy hawks/owls or eagles on the stand roofs might help, or like farmers a gun sounding every few minutes to scare crows away from crops . wish we were doing something, countrywide to stop their advance though. flying rats.
That's really all that could be done, I believe that seagulls are a protected species.....

Sir David Gray
19-07-2016, 11:18 PM
That's really all that could be done, I believe that seagulls are a protected species.....

They are, which is hard to believe to be honest, considering there's millions of them (probably not literally before the pedant police crack down on this post!) and they are a total nuisance.

monktonharp
19-07-2016, 11:32 PM
They are, which is hard to believe to be honest, considering there's millions of them (probably not literally before the pedant police crack down on this post!) and they are a total nuisance.:agree: I am a bird lover, no puns intended but they are a social nuisance and carry a health problem for us, i'm sure. they have virtally evicted the wild fowl from Dunsappie Loch, and Blackford pond by taking ducklings etc. the Gannets have overwhelmed Bass rock, dso exclusively them on there now, and the gulls are moving in to most waters inland in East Scotland. cull the gull

superfurryhibby
20-07-2016, 07:30 AM
:agree: I am a bird lover, no puns intended but they are a social nuisance and carry a health problem for us, i'm sure. they have virtally evicted the wild fowl from Dunsappie Loch, and Blackford pond by taking ducklings etc. the Gannets have overwhelmed Bass rock, dso exclusively them on there now, and the gulls are moving in to most waters inland in East Scotland. cull the gull

There were loads of puffins on the bass the other day!

As for gulls, without food they wouldn't be here. It's manky human attitudes that allow them to thrive. What about dealing with that issue first?

Dr Jimmy
20-07-2016, 08:26 AM

As for gulls, without food they wouldn't be here. It's manky human attitudes that allow them to thrive. What about dealing with that issue first?

Yeah man and equal rights for lentils..............

Thecat23
20-07-2016, 08:33 AM

Horrible birds that are nothing but vermin.

stanton_4
20-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Gulls in common with all other birds are protected by "The Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981" making it an offence to disturb or harm either the adult birds, interfere with eggs, nestlings or the actual nest whilst it is being built or used. Fortunately the law recognises that gulls can cause problems that need to be controlled and under certain circumstances the government will issue licenses authorising individuals to carry out appropriate control activities. There are many reasons given for wanting to control gulls, not all of which are acceptable reasons for a license to be issued though and failure to adhere closely to the license conditions can mean a criminal prosecution. I'd be surprised if HFC haven't looked in to this and decided it was just too difficult to justify.

snooky
20-07-2016, 10:08 AM
Horrible birds that are nothing but vermin.

Cull the gull! :gun:

:stirrer:

grunt
20-07-2016, 11:45 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/aberdeen/aberdeen-trip-delayed-after-seagull-hits-plane-engine-1-4181866

Sean1875
20-07-2016, 12:07 PM
Rats with wings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snooky
20-07-2016, 12:24 PM
McInnes must have told the gull to play on the wing. :wink: