PDA

View Full Version : BBC News Scotland today

Annasam
16-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Report that four Hibernian fans admit going on to the pitch after cup final. BBC headline the team the four men support as the crucial information. The article finishes with disturbing information about another two men from Glasgow and one from Ayrshire. The team these men support is not even mentioned.
Show your children what we mean by a (footballing) west cost bias.

High-On-Hibs
16-07-2016, 07:23 PM
It goes deeper than a west coast bias. Far deeper.

Mikers110
16-07-2016, 07:30 PM
If fans plead guilty then all info will be published, including team they support. If they plead not guilty, then only names are published; when they go to trial all info regarding teams they support is then released.

Waxy
16-07-2016, 07:45 PM
Rangers are a manifestation of the darkest side of human nature. Or something like that.

Greenwich_Hibby
16-07-2016, 07:46 PM
If fans plead guilty then all info will be published, including team they support. If they plead not guilty, then only names are published; when they go to trial all info regarding teams they support is then released.

All of the above assuming the BBC reports openly & honestly, for which I wont hold my breath.

I've already complained to BBC about their biased reporting of same online and, of course, their centuries-old acceptance (and turning a blind eye deliberately to!) of vile sectarianism (I'm an Atheist).

They are a cancer equal to west coast sectarianism in my opinion - too weak to stand up to the 'Old Firm' (does that crap even exist now?)

CropleyWasGod
16-07-2016, 07:57 PM
All of the above assuming the BBC reports openly & honestly, for which I wont hold my breath.

I've already complained to BBC about their biased reporting of same online and, of course, their centuries-old acceptance (and turning a blind eye deliberately to!) of vile sectarianism (I'm an Atheist).

They are a cancer equal to west coast sectarianism in my opinion - too weak to stand up to the 'Old Firm' (does that crap even exist now?)

Why rely on the BBC? Their reputation as unbiased is heading for the ****ter.

The Court transcripts are in the public domain, so if you want the facts that's where to look. Further than that, does it actually matter that some people want to believe something different?

Greenwich_Hibby
16-07-2016, 08:08 PM

The Court transcripts are in the public domain, so if you want the facts that's where to look. Further than that, does it actually matter that some people want to believe something different?

Agree mate, but how many people see beyond perception or what's reported, primarily by the BBC and Weedgie rags?

CropleyWasGod
16-07-2016, 08:10 PM
Agree mate, but how many people see beyond perception or what's reported, primarily by the BBC and Weedgie rags?

Do they matter, though?

As long as you, and the people that matter to you, know the truth...... the rest, and what they believe, are irrelevant.

CallumLaidlaw
16-07-2016, 08:27 PM

There's already been several up in court from areas like Renfrewshire, etc, that pleaded guilty and no team was mentioned. I found it strange at the time but now this latest report confirms all I need to know.

Phil MaGlass
16-07-2016, 08:28 PM
Anyone who believes that the BBC is unbiased really need to have a good word with themselves. The years of Old Firm one sidedness and the unbelievable backing of the Union and anti SNP rhetoric should have been enough to convince a deaf and blind person that it is a station that does not deserve its status as the one to be trusted.
Thing is..I always(maybe blindly) always thought that the BBC were true and honest. Their reporting of news was thorough and well thought out. Now however we all know that not to be true. They are just another english government mouthpiece, no better than CNN,which is quite sad in itself. The days of real reporting as we used to know it is over. Media has now focussed more on half truths and non truths and downright lies instead of actually looking, researching and hunting the truth. The art of REAL journalism is dead.

High-On-Hibs
16-07-2016, 08:56 PM
Anyone who believes that the BBC is unbiased really need to have a good word with themselves. The years of Old Firm one sidedness and the unbelievable backing of the Union and anti SNP rhetoric should have been enough to convince a deaf and blind person that it is a station that does not deserve its status as the one to be trusted.
Thing is..I always(maybe blindly) always thought that the BBC were true and honest. Their reporting of news was thorough and well thought out. Now however we all know that not to be true. They are just another english government mouthpiece, no better than CNN,which is quite sad in itself. The days of real reporting as we used to know it is over. Media has now focussed more on half truths and non truths and downright lies instead of actually looking, researching and hunting the truth. The art of REAL journalism is dead.

:top marks

I was watching a BBC report earlier and they mentioned that there were "a few hundred people in Glasgow" campaigning against Trident renewal. What they didn't say however was that there were groups all over Scotland out campaigning against it. It wasn't until I switched to STV that it had better coverage. Albeit, not by much.

The way they attack social media as well is really infuriating. Sighting anyone who exchanges news events over the likes of Facebook and Twitter as "extremists", if the news doesn't come directly from the BBC themselves.

Finn2015
16-07-2016, 09:01 PM
It goes deeper than a west coast bias. Far deeper.

Nail hit on the head and although I'm no lover of Celtic, it would be wrong to draw them into it. There is a certain football club, the traditional 'establishment' club (although they are into their second incarnation now) who have always received favouritism.

Greenwich_Hibby
16-07-2016, 09:15 PM
Do they matter, though?

As long as you, and the people that matter to you, know the truth...... the rest, and what they believe, are irrelevant.

If only it was that simple...

If Hibs fans are found guilty, they get what they deserve - and I would say the same if they were accused against Celtic or Rangers - both are equal in the ranking of cancerous parasites - I would expect Rangers fans to be treated accordingly by the Courts and the Press - we should not stand back and allow the name of Hibernian Football Club to be blackened simply because of the BBC's acceptance of both sides of the sectarian crap in the West of Scotland.

mjhibby
16-07-2016, 09:56 PM
It's still depressing it's come to this. Don't know how we've come to this situation but the more viewers/listeners it loses the worse it's sensationalist reporting gets and putting the boot into hibs is one of their favourite targets.

Borderhibbie76
17-07-2016, 10:07 AM
Anyone who thinks the BBC are unbiased just think back to 2014 and the Indy Ref?? Joke of an organisation at the highest level...and it's not just sport where they are biased in their reporting. Disgusts me that we have to pay to keep this vile organisation going...yet another reason I want independence for Scotland asap

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

MurrayfieldHibs
17-07-2016, 10:41 AM

lucky
17-07-2016, 10:53 AM
Anyone who thinks the BBC are unbiased just think back to 2014 and the Indy Ref?? Joke of an organisation at the highest level...and it's not just sport where they are biased in their reporting. Disgusts me that we have to pay to keep this vile organisation going...yet another reason I want independence for Scotland asap

Utter crap. The FM is on BBC again just now being given the opportunity to articulate her views on Europe, Independence and Trident. The paranoia that some people have over MSM is laughable

Alfred E Newman
17-07-2016, 10:58 AM

I don't know where you get this anti SNP bias, in my opinion they tend to lean the other way. Never mind though, if the SNP get their way and get control of Scottish News broadcasting all that will change.

snooky
17-07-2016, 11:00 AM
Utter crap. The FM is on BBC again just now being given the opportunity to articulate her views on Europe, Independence and Trident. The paranoia that some people have over MSM is laughable

Sorry Lucky, but I'm with PMaG on this one and I don't find it laughable.

Borderhibbie76
17-07-2016, 11:15 AM
That's your opinion mate - I strongly disagree. They completely ignored a protest outside their Glasgow HQ the day after the referendum and it was never reported I'm on any BBC bulletins - the protest was about their bias pro union reporting btw. Just my opinion but BBC do nothing that doesn't suit their agendas

Onion
17-07-2016, 11:41 AM

Utter crap ? The BBC was roundly criticised by a number of sources (N and S of the Border) for their unbalanced coverage of the Independence Referendum, some of which they have since accepted. BBC themselves had a strong vested interest in the outcome, so conflicted in that one. As ever, money is at the root of most reporting.

emerald green
17-07-2016, 05:00 PM

That's your opinion mate - I strongly disagree. They completely ignored a protest outside their Glasgow HQ the day after the referendum and it was never reported I'm on any BBC bulletins - the protest was about their bias pro union reporting btw. Just my opinion but BBC do nothing that doesn't suit their agendas

Utter crap ? The BBC was roundly criticised by a number of sources (N and S of the Border) for their unbalanced coverage of the Independence Referendum, some of which they have since accepted. BBC themselves had a strong vested interest in the outcome, so conflicted in that one. As ever, money is at the root of most reporting.

The leader of the Yes campaign, Blair Jenkins, said the following on 30 September 2014 in an interview with STV News. I quote below what he said:

"I think there were mistakes made by the broadcasters, and I think there were omissions and I think sometimes because broadcasters are not always as well resourced as once they were there is a tendency to pick up the newspaper agenda unthinkingly more than was perhaps the case in previous decades."

"We had issues from time to time, but I don't myself think that we faced a systemic bias if you like, that there was some corporate intent to disadvantage the Yes campaign."

"Knowing how both STV and the BBC operate, and knowing a lot of the people involved, I don't think that's a credible view."

Finbar
17-07-2016, 05:12 PM
The BBC is not biased, they just report what's in the papers. Unfortunately the papers can be as biased as they like.

CropleyWasGod
17-07-2016, 06:23 PM
The BBC is not biased, they just report what's in the papers. Unfortunately the papers can be as biased as they like.
They have their own reporters, no? :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
17-07-2016, 06:29 PM
Can the political fanatics please transfer themselves over to the Holy Ground and leave this part of a football forum for football discussion?

I'm sick to the back teeth of politics and Scottish politics in particular.

andyf5
17-07-2016, 06:32 PM

Can you post the link? One Rangers fan who also admitted guilt like the hibs fans was never described as a Rangers fan. Report here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36562814 The police nearly always write up which team fans support when arrested but the BBC chose to ignore it? I'm assuming this guy is a Rangers fan as he comes from Dumbarton - I don't know for sure.

Joe6-2
17-07-2016, 06:35 PM
if only it was that simple...

If hibs fans are found guilty, they get what they deserve - and i would say the same if they were accused against celtic or rangers - both are equal in the ranking of cancerous parasites - i would expect rangers fans to be treated accordingly by the courts and the press - we should not stand back and allow the name of hibernian football club to be blackened simply because of the bbc's acceptance of both sides of the sectarian crap in the west of scotland.

this!

andyf5
17-07-2016, 08:07 PM
If only it was that simple...

If Hibs fans are found guilty, they get what they deserve -

Not "this". The guy from Ratho gestured - yes gestured - at the Rangers goalkeeper and got a 2 month restriction of liberty order, 240 hours unpaid work and lost his job. That was a witch hunt and not justice.

itslegaltender
17-07-2016, 08:20 PM

The bias towards the status quo during indyref was ridiculous. You had London based journos not up to date on facts spouting rhetoric that had already been dealt with by the Scottish media months earlier.

itslegaltender
17-07-2016, 08:22 PM
Not "this". The guy from Ratho gestured - yes gestured - at the Rangers goalkeeper and got a 2 month restriction of liberty order, 240 hours unpaid work and lost his job. That was a witch hunt and not justice.

I'm aware of this guys mum being hounded on phone and at her work by the vermin from the West. He was particularly unlucky to be identified so early, it just fitted the West coast media agenda at the time.

Thecat23
17-07-2016, 08:29 PM
The BBC is riddled with paedophiles and is one of the most corrupt corporations on the planet.

That is all.

Ozyhibby
17-07-2016, 08:30 PM
Of all the mugshots released by police Scotland so far, I haven't seen a single one where the guy looks like he has just won the Scottish cup for the first time in 114 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snooky
18-07-2016, 12:45 PM
The leader of the Yes campaign, Blair Jenkins, said the following on 30 September 2014 in an interview with STV News. I quote below what he said:

"I think there were mistakes made by the broadcasters, and I think there were omissions and I think sometimes because broadcasters are not always as well resourced as once they were there is a tendency to pick up the newspaper agenda unthinkingly more than was perhaps the case in previous decades."

"We had issues from time to time, but I don't myself think that we faced a systemic bias if you like, that there was some corporate intent to disadvantage the Yes campaign."

"Knowing how both STV and the BBC operate, and knowing a lot of the people involved, I don't think that's a credible view."

That to me is the key part of the statement that you could use to endorse or rubbish BJ's opinion.

grunt
19-07-2016, 06:43 PM
It is interesting to watch BBC Scotland tie themselves in knots trying to avoid stating that Rangers died in 2012, and that the new club is a *new* club. In today's hugely important and riveting story about Siri's interpretation of events, the BBC website contains this gem:

The question is a source of taunts from other clubs after Rangers came through liquidation and relegation It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Dalianwanda
19-07-2016, 06:55 PM

Eh no, laughable is that someone still believes the BBC is unbiased with a huge amount of evidence from the coverage of various events to prove this isn't true.

Sammy7nil
19-07-2016, 07:05 PM
Eh no, laughable is that someone still believes the BBC is unbiased with a huge amount of evidence from the coverage of various events to prove this isn't true.

Lots evidence to prove they are not biased:greengrin like all stats you can make up any to suit your agenda.

Eyrie
19-07-2016, 07:42 PM

Of course the BBC is biased every time it says something that you disagree with.

Just as it is a fine upstanding broadcaster when it says something you agree with.

Every media outlet is the same.

The "you" meaning each of us, and not just dalianwanda.

snooky
29-12-2016, 08:08 PM
Of course the BBC is biased every time it says something that you disagree with.

Just as it is a fine upstanding broadcaster when it says something you agree with.

Every media outlet is the same.

The "you" meaning each of us, and not just dalianwanda.

They're at it again ....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4VXcVrzMPq614ws95xGZMDC/13-inspiring-moments-of-glory-celebration-and-triumph-against-the-odds-from-2016?intc_type=singletheme&intc_location=bbcradio&intc_campaign=heartheyear&intc_linkname=article_glory_contentcard1

13 big events in 2016 where "sometimes all it takes is an inspiring piece of music to feel the glory" and they fail to mention "Walburton's a f**** " as sung on May 21st.
Disgraceful.

northstandhibby
29-12-2016, 08:24 PM

I was watching a BBC report earlier and they mentioned that there were "a few hundred people in Glasgow" campaigning against Trident renewal. What they didn't say however was that there were groups all over Scotland out campaigning against it. It wasn't until I switched to STV that it had better coverage. Albeit, not by much.

The way they attack social media as well is really infuriating. Sighting anyone who exchanges news events over the likes of Facebook and Twitter as "extremists", if the news doesn't come directly from the BBC themselves.Very true indeed. They think only 'expert's should be listened to and the public are stupid plebs. When they do wheel out so called 'experts' they only wheel out the ones with the opinions which they want to be heard. The BBC are Government stooges. We all saw and heard the lies pour out of the media when their beloved huns were ripped to shreds by our Heroes.

Glory Glory

nomad
29-12-2016, 10:18 PM

Suggest you read a book written by GA Ponsonby called BBC Bias then can you post on why you disagree with his views and evidence ? But you won't will you?

The Pointer
29-12-2016, 10:19 PM

From a football perspective there has always been a blatant west coast bias and Stewart Cosgrove is one of the few who ever tries to rectify this.

However, from a wider standpoint I seldom listen to BBC Scotland now such is their constant beaming of Nic the Nat's latest utterances. If they feel any guilt as to perceived biased referendum coverage then they're certainly in full apologetic mode now.

northstandhibby
29-12-2016, 10:23 PM
From a football perspective there has always been a blatant west coast bias and Stewart Cosgrove is one of the few who ever tries to rectify this.

However, from a wider standpoint I seldom listen to BBC Scotland now such is their constant beaming of Nic the Nat's latest utterances. If they feel any guilt as to perceived biased referendum coverage then they're certainly in full apologetic mode now.

What about them going into full apology mode for their Hun/Yam bias?

Glory Glory

hhibs
29-12-2016, 11:20 PM
I don't know where you get this anti SNP bias, in my opinion they tend to lean the other way. Never mind though, if the SNP get their way and get control of Scottish News broadcasting all that will change.

Then you clearly live in a some sort of alternative Universe.

"tend to lean the other way"...................that will be right !

hibbiedon
30-12-2016, 12:24 AM

Is this a serious post.

monktonharp
30-12-2016, 12:35 AM

They are a cancer equal to west coast sectarianism in my opinion - too weak to stand up to the 'Old Firm' (does that crap even exist now?)you Sir, are on the verge of being nominated by your peers for an HBE. which is much better than an OBE or even an MBE. In Fact, Sir Hibby of Greenwich has a certain ring to it:greengrin seriously though, fair play to you for trying to complain to "the establishment" bbc. bunch of twats.they are always quick on the draw, when it comes to some other club in Scotland doing anything slightly out of order as opposed to the Old Firm actions over the years. very quick to somehow make our club and fans the bad guys.

BullsCloseHibs
30-12-2016, 12:42 AM
The BBC is riddled with paedophiles and is one of the most corrupt corporations on the planet.

That is all.

BBC is plain sh te

monktonharp
30-12-2016, 12:51 AM
I don't know where you get this anti SNP bias, in my opinion they tend to lean the other way. Never mind though, if the SNP get their way and get control of Scottish News broadcasting all that will change.In my opinion, they tend , naw definetely lean the original way stated. they are biased, in favour of the BBC, says it all imho the
SNP have not asked for a carte blanche programme to give their views, only a Scottish based Scottish news about things relevant to Scotland. want to hear about what's happening to the flood barriers and how it's affecting the farmers in Devon? slip onto sky news. they canny spell Scotland

HoboHarry
30-12-2016, 01:01 AM
Reading these posts and I can see that some .netters know even less about politics than they do about fitba. Astonishing.....

pacorosssco
30-12-2016, 01:23 AM
I honestly believe if sevco had got corner and fate was with them and exactly the same invasion by jubilant huns. Our players would have been in danger and it would have been swept up and all over. Sour grapes. OK ill say it masonic

Aldo
30-12-2016, 06:24 AM
Nowt mentioned about the smoke bombs/flares or sectarian singing in Perth.

Biggest concern was the Newco fans pitch side after they scored but not a steward or Police Officer to be seen.

Garner wasn't even booked for leaving the field of play either!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-12-2016, 04:42 PM
Reading these posts and I can see that some .netters know even less about politics than they do about fitba. Astonishing.....

And don't start about the patronising netters.

Lago
30-12-2016, 06:52 PM

Unfortunately you are right on both accounts.

Lago
30-12-2016, 06:56 PM
Having just watched tonights offering I suddenly realised there wasn't a sinble mention of tonights game at Tynie, now irrespective of the fact its Hearts v Dons does anyone believe if either of the Glasgow 2 had been playing it would have past without mention.

where'stheslope
30-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Sooner or later people will realise that the media trawl social media sites like this for easy information.

It has been proven when they have brought out about certain players to be signed by teams that they were not even interested in.

That is why people coming on here and giving info about players to be maybe signed, is bad for the club, as then other clubs become aware of who might be available.