PDA

View Full Version : Low cost holidays gone bust

HibbyDave
16-07-2016, 05:16 PM
Hope none of the guys used this site to book trip for Copenhagen.

Allant1981
16-07-2016, 05:43 PM
We almost booked our summer hols through them,ended up booking with another online company

Pretty Boy
16-07-2016, 05:48 PM
Not really relevant to Hibs but I looked at them last year for a holiday but no ATOL protection meant no deal.

Captain Trips
16-07-2016, 05:59 PM
Not really relevant to Hibs but I looked at them last year for a holiday but no ATOL protection meant no deal.

Booked with them for Vegas, our flight is safe however awaiting email frlm hotel to see if they paid.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-07-2016, 06:21 PM
Used this company a good few times and I had an email shot from them today already advertising 2017 holidays.

BroxburnHibee
16-07-2016, 06:23 PM
It's a scandal how often this happens.

Scouse Hibee
16-07-2016, 06:27 PM
Feel really sorry for folk who may miss out on a holiday because of this.It must be heartbreaking for families with young children. I tend to book direct with the accomodation and my own flights these days.

Sergey
16-07-2016, 06:38 PM

Indeed - more fool you if you chase the ace without ATOL protection.

I don't really have too much sympathy for those who've lost their money. One pays a slight premium for good reason.

Speedy
16-07-2016, 06:47 PM

I don't really have too much sympathy for those who've lost their money. One pays a slight premium for good reason.

That's a bit harsh, I'm sure there are many people who book without knowing.

Scouse Hibee
16-07-2016, 06:49 PM

A tad harsh,many struggle so much to manage a holiday that the cheapest option is the answer.

erin go bragh
16-07-2016, 06:52 PM

Really ! It's a bloody shame that some family's will miss out on their summer holiday . Who more than likely only booked the less premium one as that's all they could afford .
What a pompous post .

keep the faith
16-07-2016, 06:58 PM

Wow. No sympathy for families who may lose their holiday?

That came across as a bit superior and lacking compassion mate.

Allant1981
16-07-2016, 07:00 PM

You dont have much sympathy for people who have potentially lost a lot of money, nice guy

Captain Trips
16-07-2016, 07:00 PM

Cheers Sergey, £1200 highly likely out of pocket. Im not looking for sympathy but not looking to be told you have no sympathy for genuine folk trying to go on holidays. We have saved and will be ok however i am sure this will devastate some not so fortunate.

Sergey yer attitude stinks, do one.

hibs0666
16-07-2016, 07:02 PM

Well maybe you should.

Onceinawhile
16-07-2016, 07:03 PM

People who may not have known what ATOL was or may not have had access to a credit card.

People who probably worked for moths or years to have a holiday and are now screwed.

Aye tbf, I can't feel bad for them either. (sarcasm)

Sergey
16-07-2016, 07:04 PM
That's a bit harsh, I'm sure there are many people who book without knowing.

A tad harsh,many struggle so much to manage a holiday that the cheapest option is the answer.

Really ! It's a bloody shame that some family's will miss out on their summer holiday . Who more than likely only booked the less premium one as that's all they could afford .
What a pompous post .

If you book a holiday/flight that isn't protected by ATOL then you have no one to blame but yourself if the deal goes breast skywards.

It's not rocket science. It's merely paying a small premium for this very eventuality.

Maybe if they paid by credit card it may cover them, I dunno.

staunchhibby
16-07-2016, 07:05 PM
That response was in bad taste.A lot of families have no option but to go with low cost companies because of financial constraints.I have been the victim of a holiday company which had all the neccessary bonds in place but still went to the wall.

Scouse Hibee
16-07-2016, 07:08 PM
If you book a holiday/flight that isn't protected by ATOL then you have no one to blame but yourself if the deal goes breast skywards.

It's not rocket science. It's merely paying a small premium for this very eventuality.

Wow, you always come across as a decent guy but your attitude towards folk less fortunate than yourself stinks.

Captain Trips
16-07-2016, 07:12 PM

Not the point is it and whats a small premium to you? A small premium might be a lot to somebody else. To have no sympathy for folk who have booked a holiday that has gone tits up is rather unnecessary IMO, there will be people many if genuine hard working folk and using this company was at time right choice regardless of ATOL or not. Thanks fir the ATOL lessons etc so glad you pointed that out.

As I said we will still go as the flights were paid for I feel for folk probaly honeymoon makers etc.

Sergey as I said do one.

Allant1981
16-07-2016, 07:14 PM
Not the point is it and whats a small premium to you? A small premium might be a lot to somebody else. To have no sympathy for folk who have booked a holiday that has gone tits up is rather unnecessary IMO, there will be people many if genuine hard working folk and using this company was at time right choice regardless of ATOL or not. Thanks fir the ATOL lessons etc so glad you pointed that out.

As I said we will still go as the flights were paid for I feel for folk probaly honeymoon makers etc.

Sergey as I said do one.

I would just ignore the post, hopefully you get it sorted out

Captain Trips
16-07-2016, 07:16 PM
I would just ignore the post, hopefully you get it sorted out

I will cheers mate.