PDA

View Full Version : Club shop

OtleyHibs
16-07-2016, 12:58 PM
Anyone know if the shop is open today? Been sent wrong size top for the wee man but getting no answer on phone

Cheers

BT58
16-07-2016, 01:01 PM
Its was open. We got our photos and i got tops. No card facilitie. Cash only

Lancs Harp
16-07-2016, 01:01 PM
Should be open 10 till 5*

*different for home match days.

LithgaeHibby
16-07-2016, 01:02 PM
Anyone know if the shop is open today? Been sent wrong size top for the wee man but getting no answer on phone

Cheers

It was open at 11 but card machines were on the blink - they were only taking cash at that time.

OtleyHibs
16-07-2016, 01:08 PM
Thanks, will try again later, maybe just busy. Mrs ordered it using her work email which she cant access until Monday so not the end of the world if the wee man has to wait a few days moreto get it sorted.

First world problems eh?! :greengrin

Thanks again for the replies

trev the hat
16-07-2016, 02:25 PM
Just been in, what a TOTAL shambles of a place !!
Picked a kids away small / adult away small & mens medium training top (last one) & cabbage & ribs tee. Sees its cash only so takes all items to the til & asks for them to be held til I walk round to ER. Girl takes my name & says no problem.
Comes back 10 min later to find all items have been put back on shop rails. Guy who removed them from behind counter doesn't even speak when girl asks him where they are.
Girl tries to give me 2 dirty away tops with no apology goes to look for the tops to no avail & comes back muttering swear words.
As I had promised friends kid the tops for photo shoot tomorrow I had to reluctantly buy the 2 away tops.
Girls attitude gets worse at the til throwing change on the counter, to which I said a complaint would be going in. "It doesn't matter she says my supervisor isn't here & Hibs don't run the shop anyway so carry on.
That girl should be nowhere near customers she's a liability.

In all my days of retail customer service this is by far the worst ever experienced.
This place should not be called the "Club Shop" as its amateur in every single aspect.
I won't be entering again until it's run by the club, not another penny from me. Never mind the lost extra £50-£60 I was happy to spend had they been professional for just 10min.

What a place

dp00
16-07-2016, 02:50 PM
The shop is a shambles , I went in before the game on Thursday fully prepared to spend some cash on my credit card and do you think I could find anything, nothing so I walked back out without spending a penny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H18S NX
16-07-2016, 02:57 PM
Trev,you should let the officials at Easter Road know about their attitude,disgusting.

trev the hat
16-07-2016, 03:03 PM
Trev,you should let the officials at Easter Road know about their attitude,disgusting.

Mrs the hat is emailing LD as we speak & any response will be updated
A pleasant afternoon down ER was far from it quite the opposite sadly.

Cod Boy
16-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Picked a kids away small / adult away small & mens medium training top (last one) & cabbage & ribs tee. Sees its cash only so takes all items to the til & asks for them to be held til I walk round to ER. Girl takes my name & says no problem.
Comes back 10 min later to find all items have been put back on shop rails. Guy who removed them from behind counter doesn't even speak when girl asks him where they are.
Girl tries to give me 2 dirty away tops with no apology goes to look for the tops to no avail & comes back muttering swear words.
As I had promised friends kid the tops for photo shoot tomorrow I had to reluctantly buy the 2 away tops.
Girls attitude gets worse at the til throwing change on the counter, to which I said a complaint would be going in. "It doesn't matter she says my supervisor isn't here & Hibs don't run the shop anyway so carry on.

In all my days of retail customer service this is by far the worst ever experienced.
This place should not be called the "Club Shop" as its amateur in every single aspect.
I won't be entering again until it's run by the club, not another penny from me. Never mind the lost extra £50-£60 I was happy to spend had they been professional for just 10min.

What a place

I was behind you in the queue the boy in the green top was clueless. We got the home top socks and a number and name on the strip she tried to charge us 85 pound when it was 58 it was only when my wife questioned her that she realized and blamed the computer.

calumhibee1
16-07-2016, 04:23 PM
I was down there this morning when the card machine wasn't working so had to nip to the cash point on Easter Rd. Not great but these things happen I suppose. Must say I found the staff helpful and friendly but I imagine it's been a tough day as I can't say there was that much available to buy so they've probably been putting up with annoyed customers. I phoned yesterday and they said they'd had 8 boxes of deliveries but it sounds like they are underestimating how much fans want to buy as it didn't look like there was much out.

andy1875
16-07-2016, 04:28 PM
I nipped down earlier with a bit of birthday cash to see what was on offer. I know there has been threads on here about the lack of merchandise but I was really surprised at just how poor it was.

I was in and out in literally 2 mins empty handed.

Poor show and hope Hibs sort this soon.

Highland_Hibee
16-07-2016, 04:56 PM
Shame about the experiences being had. I've never had any issues with the staff myself.
I had somehow managed to pre order two #persevered t shirts right after the final. I
only managed to return the spare for exchange a couple of weeks ago and had no issues. They
enjoyed that I had just ordered a bunch of stuff after the final without checking over
what I was getting. Most of them appear to be just kids so I assume a day of the tills
crashing is probably as much stress as you are going to come under at their age.

Kojock
16-07-2016, 05:07 PM
If you have any problems regarding merchandise PM Argylehibby. He is on the working together committee and would be only to happy to raise all your concerns to the board.

Nameless
16-07-2016, 05:33 PM
Took my 5yr old in today to get him a new strip. The goods on offer are really poor, especially for kids. We left without spending a penny, and ended up getting a full Scotland strip from J-D Sport instead. As club shops go, ours is pretty poor.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

The Captain....
16-07-2016, 06:25 PM
It seems as if the whole retail side of our operations has been written off until the contract ends. I've not had a positive experience in that shop, its an unmitigated disaster on many levels.

If there was an alternative set up online to buy club merchandise with the majority of the money (other than costs) going to Hibs I'd much prefer to use that. I really grudge giving the current lot who run the shop any money but reluctantly buy the poor range of products they have for relatives abroad etc.

Phil MaGlass
16-07-2016, 09:01 PM
The shop is pish. I think/hope the club have recognised this, as theres been enough complaints about it. I was back a few months ago and popped into the shop. Nothing and I mean nothin inspiring to make me part with my cash and trust me I had plenty cash I wanted to spend

UNINSPIRING

HIBS: Folk want to spend serious money on merchandise. FFS supply them the goods to help them do that.

Oh and my advice to fellow fans would be, dont spend your hard earned cash on the shop just because you think you HAVE to buy something. Its your cash, let THEM come up with something worthy of yir hard earned cash. Many times I have been to the shop and many times I bought nowt.but I know of mates that have bought stuff just fir the sake of it.
Anyhoos.back tae ma Weissbier

Scouse Hibee
16-07-2016, 09:05 PM
Such a missed opportunity by Hibs after the cup success.

Itsnoteasy
16-07-2016, 09:08 PM
I was behind you in the queue the boy in the green top was clueless. We got the home top socks and a number and name on the strip she tried to charge us 85 pound when it was 58 it was only when my wife questioned her that she realized and blamed the computer.

Sounds to me that if you hadn't question it the money would have been tailed.

H18 SFR
16-07-2016, 09:38 PM
The shop is a shambles, simple solution to the problem...a season long loan deal so the manager of the ticket office can go there and sort the place out.

ben johnson
17-07-2016, 07:39 AM

What a place

Hibs may not run the shop but someone should remind whoever does where the shop is situated. Perhaps they should look into standing on their own 2 feet and looking for a prime retail spot of their own away from our stadium.

AltheHibby
17-07-2016, 08:57 AM
Sounds to me that if you hadn't question it the money would have been tailed.

Let's be fair and assume incompetence before we make accusations of dishonesty. A simple calculator error, combined with an inability to count can cause 58 to become 85. Without going into detail, it could be what we call a "transposition error" in finance.