PDA

View Full Version : Sol Bamba talks Hibs Scottish Cup Win

InterviewLoI
16-07-2016, 11:48 AM
Hey guys, I'm back with an interview I did recently with Sol Bamba in Dublin. (I didn't write that headline by the way)

http://young-perspective.net/sol-bamba-talks-hibs-scottish-cup-win-and-leeds-captaincy/

Would love any feedback here or at my twitter @DonaghCorby_

HIBERNIAN-0762
16-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Links not working mate.

InterviewLoI
16-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Hey guys, I'm back with an interview I did recently with Sol Bamba in Dublin. (I didn't write that headline by the way)

http://young-perspective.net/sol-bamba-talks-hibs-scottish-cup-win-and-leeds-captaincy/

No idea why link isn't working

Speedy
16-07-2016, 11:59 AM

green day
16-07-2016, 12:00 PM

Donagh,

Good interview as always, I loved big Sol when he was easter road - and hes done not too bad for himself down the road either !!

Keep up the good work

Pretty Boy
16-07-2016, 12:10 PM
Loved Bamba at ER although I always thought his head was turned a bit at the ACN as he never seemed quite the same after being away with the Ivory Coast.

Done well for himself, he had limitations of course but has forged out a decent career at a good level.

Diclonius
16-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Bamba never reached a semi final/final at Hibs. That's Dunfermline he's thinking of.

InterviewLoI
16-07-2016, 12:21 PM
Bamba never reached a semi final/final at Hibs. That's Dunfermline he's thinking of.

Sorry I didn't make that clear, he meant in Scotland. My bad

Hamish
16-07-2016, 12:35 PM
Good stuff. As a few of us have said before your interviewing is far better than some of our broadcasters here.

InterviewLoI
16-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Good stuff. As a few of us have said before your interviewing is far better than some of our broadcasters here.

Thanks man, you're too kind

libernian
17-07-2016, 10:08 AM
nice one mate

Congruence
17-07-2016, 12:14 PM

Would love any feedback here or at my twitter @DonaghCorby_ Thanks for this. Enjoyable read

HibeeMackenzie
17-07-2016, 12:34 PM

Aye, and headed a Benji volley of the line to stop us winning the thing 9 year ago!!

Bishop Hibee
17-07-2016, 12:44 PM
Aye, and headed a Benji volley of the line to stop us winning the thing 9 year ago!!

And pushing Dean Shiels over in the box in the replay but the ref didn't give the pen. All added up to make 21.5.16 sweeter 🏆🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Skyegreen
17-07-2016, 08:19 PM
Big Sol ......man mountain and totally unpredictable! Sol played for Sol, not a the team!

Mikey09
18-07-2016, 09:13 PM
I've a question Donagh... Since you move in the media circles have you seen Keith Jackson?! He seems to be keepin an awfy low profile!! Good interview mate. As guys say, your stuff is head and shoulders above any of the guff we are subjected to from the usual suspects. Well done lad! :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
19-07-2016, 06:20 AM
The thing I like about these interviews is your natural style, you look at ease and I'm not sure that's something you get taught - you either have it or you don't. Congrats!

--------
19-07-2016, 08:27 AM

Thanks man, you're too kind

Tell truth, man, it's not much of a compliment. Scottish football journos are the dregs of the profession. Some of them would make Goebbels look like a Pulitzer Prize-winner.

Now (just to clarify) I assume the 'LoI' in your username does refer to the League of Ireland - right?

Not the fine upstanding citizens who regularly waken me here in Lanarkshire with the sound of flutes and side-drums and rousing songs about the River Boyne, hm? :wink:

Sol played for Dunfermline against us in a semi-final and final - games we should have won but didn't. He was a bit of a bomb-scare - no, he WAS a bomb-scare - at times but a lot of Hibs fans still have a lot of affection for the big guy. He was a good player for Hibs, no question IMO.

Nice to hear how he's doing. Thanks for posting.

BoomtownHibees
19-07-2016, 08:58 AM
Sol played for Dunfermline against us in a semi-final and final - games we should have won but didn't.

What final was that??

--------
19-07-2016, 10:52 PM
What final was that??

Sorry - it may have been a semi and the replay?

jacomo
19-07-2016, 10:55 PM
Loved Sol Bamba.

Hibbyradge
19-07-2016, 11:00 PM
I know you've denied responsibility, but Hib's...

aaaaaaaaaarrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh!

monktonharp
19-07-2016, 11:26 PM
I've a question Donagh... Since you move in the media circles have you seen Keith Jackson?! He seems to be keepin an awfy low profile!! Good interview mate. As guys say, your stuff is head and shoulders above any of the guff we are subjected to from the usual suspects. Well done lad! :thumbsup:I like some of your stuff too Donagh, but , you did not respond to my PM just before the SC Final / not get it?

InterviewLoI
20-07-2016, 01:03 AM
I like some of your stuff too Donagh, but , you did not respond to my PM just before the SC Final / not get it?

I could have sworn I got back. As you can tell I wasn't there because of a family event but man what a night afterwards