PDA

View Full Version : Next Week

GreenNWhiteArmy
15-07-2016, 04:53 PM
I know it's early... but has anyone given any thought to the possible line up for the away leg? Personally I feel if we just go for it then we can score goals. Brondby are nothing special. For that reason I think the 532 we've played successfully over the last 2 years would work well.

Vittanen
McGregor Hanlon Fontaine
GRAY Mcginn Fyvie (please be fit) McGeouch Stevenson
Cummings Holt

Our width wasn't great last night and the players we have are better at dominating the middle of the park and getting it out to the wing backs. Balls in to the box for Holt will cause them problems. Would like to see Jase dropping deep and linking with Mcginn and smacking one in from 25 yards. An early goal would be ideal

AlbertK86
15-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Wasn't there last night as in holidays but was a bit disappointed we never went as per cup final or as near as possible.

Always think we look much more secure when Hanlon sweeps behind mcgregor and fonts

GreenNWhiteArmy
15-07-2016, 06:58 PM
Wasn't there last night as in holidays but was a bit disappointed we never went as per cup final or as near as possible.

Always think we look much more secure when Hanlon sweeps behind mcgregor and fonts

It's a formation that works really well (particularly against stronger teams that come to play football and attack) with the players we have. No idea how we get the best out of them by going with 4 at the back as we have too many central midfielders

greenlex
15-07-2016, 07:47 PM
I think they will be a different kettle of fish at home regards attacking. We should look to still be in the tie with 20-30 mins to go then be going gun Ho if need be. Going gun Ho from the start on the back of their away oerformance would be a mistake.

GreenNWhiteArmy
15-07-2016, 08:11 PM
I think they will be a different kettle of fish at home regards attacking. We should look to still be in the tie with 20-30 mins to go then be going gun Ho if need be. Going gun Ho from the start on the back of their away oerformance would be a mistake.

I fully expect them to attack us more and that's why I'd set up with 3 centre half's from the start. No team has dealt with that formation since we started playing it under Stubbsy. Mcginn has much more freedom I feel when we play that way and when he's on the ball driving, Brondby will struggle to deal wi him

Highland_Hibee
15-07-2016, 11:02 PM
I like our 5-3-2 formation best as it is so flexible. It soon turns into a 3-5-2 with us having Lew and Gray as competent midfield players. I would like to see Fyvie in midfield if he is fit as we simply have to attack. If not then maybe Boyle with some pace?

Virtanen

Hanlon
McGregor Fontaine
Gray Stevenson
Fyvie McGinn
McGeough

Holt Cummings

Hi Heid Yin
16-07-2016, 12:03 AM
To suggest that brondby are nothing special is very disrespectful.
They, as Neil Lennon, said, are an accomplished side who are used to playing against higher level teams, thus are quicker-thinking and more technically able than teams we can expect in the Scottish 2nd tier. They had to adjust to us the other night just as we had to adjust to them and I felt that we we came out of the game with our heads held high and held our own for great periods.
They had the luxury of sitting on an early 1 goal lead and played to contain us.
I have a suspicion that they will click into another gear if we stand off them in the 2nd leg. Whatever the outcome over the 2 legs, it will have been a great work out for our lads. The league campaign is our over-riding priority and being tested by a pacey, technically gifted side early doors should stand us in good stead.

KWJ
16-07-2016, 02:21 AM
My phone shows the OP as having Stevenson in a AMC role. Spurted some beer out.

Do like a 3-5-2. Maybe catch them a bit off guard.