PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Go

Pretty Boy
15-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Anyone going to admit to playing it?

I downloaded it the other day and have to say it's superb. Ignoring the Pokemon aspect the interaction with the 'real world' is superb and the Pokestop landmarks have already helped me discover a few things near to where I live that I never knew existed despite living nearby for years.

I'm sure the novelty will wear off but it's great to see people outside enjoying themselves.

easty
15-07-2016, 05:05 PM
Ive noticed loads of folk playing it when I've been on my way to work. It's no for me though.

Is it a game? Or is it just walking about and finding pokemons randomly to add to your collection? Once you have them....then what?

HibeeLR
15-07-2016, 08:07 PM
Ive noticed loads of folk playing it when I've been on my way to work. It's no for me though.

Is it a game? Or is it just walking about and finding pokemons randomly to add to your collection? Once you have them....then what?

You walk around catching Pokemon, which can then be used to battle gyms scattered across city. These gyms are controlled by other users who select one of three teams to join (Red, Yellow or Blue). Other features are getting added in future updates as well. I have to say I've been playing it for around a week and loving it so far 😄

Onceinawhile
16-07-2016, 12:30 PM
Not long started playing it. It's a great concept and fantastic for me being able to get the kids out and about for walks without too much of an argument!

Scouse Hibee
16-07-2016, 01:49 PM
:brickwall

Pete
17-07-2016, 01:40 AM
:brickwall

Your pokemon looks a bit upset.

ManBearPig
18-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Go team instinct!

Speedy
18-07-2016, 10:45 PM
Downloaded it the other day mainly because I was interested in the AR technology.

Some of the local landmarks are interesting as you say.

Could spot a few people playing it today...couple of teenagers walking about a Tesco car park with their phones out.

Would be tempted to keep it for exercise if it wasn't so creepy looking.

Moulin Yarns
19-07-2016, 09:40 AM
Or try the original http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/winky.gif

[URL=]https://www.geocaching.com/play (]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YTqitVK-Ts[/URL)

Jay
19-07-2016, 09:54 AM
Walking through livingston centre yesterday and lone woman, older than me, was very excited because she found a krabby (crabbie, krabbie?) near the post office. Looked a right plum.

lyonhibs
20-07-2016, 10:48 AM
Absolutely weird fad for anyone over about 12 years old to be partaking in. Hopefully dies a death soon, but I suppose it's more or less entirely harmless as pastimes go.

Mr White
22-07-2016, 02:24 PM
I suppose it's more or less entirely harmless as pastimes go.

Mostly. Some daft **** nearly got himself killed a few miles along the (very busy) road from me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-36854134

There is a special breed of stupid over here though.

Hiber-nation
22-07-2016, 03:02 PM
I was wondering why a guy with a mobile in his hand was traipsing alone through a field near Danderhall with a big smile on his face.

Pete
22-07-2016, 05:24 PM
Downloaded it a few days ago so my son could have a wee shot. Quite strange as I found a rat in my kitchen and a pigeon in the car park at tesco (I was over there shopping, not chasing pokemon).

One thing I'm not keen on is a blue thing that is literally metres away from my house. The boy tells me it's a pokemon stop, whatever that is, and there does seem to be a bigger amount of teenagers skulking about on phones than there usually is. There had better not be any hassle.

lugz
22-07-2016, 07:36 PM
I play it and enjoy it, it's a throwback to playing it on my gameboy when I was younger. My wee girl loves it as well.

Anything that gets people out their houses and gets kids off their PSs/Xboxs.

Future17
23-07-2016, 07:21 AM
I found a rat in my kitchen...

What are you gonna do?

Scouse Hibee
23-07-2016, 11:25 AM
Another crazy fad which involves kids and electronic devices wandering aimlessly into danger. ****** mental and anyone justifying it as getting "their kids out" needs to have a word with themselves.

Future17
23-07-2016, 09:52 PM
Another crazy fad which involves kids and electronic devices wandering aimlessly into danger. ****** mental and anyone justifying it as getting "their kids out" needs to have a word with themselves.

What sort of "danger" are you talking about?

Pete
24-07-2016, 01:52 AM
What sort of "danger" are you talking about?

Team rocket?

Hibby Bairn
24-07-2016, 02:00 AM
What are you gonna do?

Can't do smilies on my phone but thought that was quite funny.