PDA

View Full Version : Lennon's influence

Argylehibby
15-07-2016, 04:38 PM
Noticed David Gray constantly at the ref last night highlighting things like time wasting, number of fouls individual players were committing against us etc. I don't recall that being a feature last season such as in the play off against Falkirk through there when we got the penalty I was moaning that nobody challenged the ref about no red card. New manager maybe looking for the captain to be more vocal in pressing the ref when things are not going our way?

Highland_Hibee
15-07-2016, 10:52 PM
He was probably more vocal cos it didn't sound like the ref knew much about doing his own job himself.

Sammy7nil
15-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Noticed a few players looked bit scruffy and had ginger wigs on.

Wee Effen Bee
15-07-2016, 11:01 PM
He was probably more vocal cos it didn't sound like the ref knew much about doing his own job himself.

I hate it when it sounds like we are blaming the officials for our defeat...BUT: I thought their goal was offside and ours wasn't; Holt was definitely stood on - despite making more of it; the amount of fouls Brondby got away with was interesting; at least one of them should have been red carded and their time wasting and theatrics did little to enhance the game as a spectacle. With a decent display by the officials I think we could score over there and go on to win.
Mon the Hibees!

Highland_Hibee
15-07-2016, 11:09 PM
I hate it when it sounds like we are blaming the officials for our defeat...BUT: I thought their goal was offside and ours wasn't; Holt was definitely stood on - despite making more of it; the amount of fouls Brondby got away with was interesting; at least one of them should have been red carded and their time wasting and theatrics did little to enhance the game as a spectacle. With a decent display by the officials I think we could score over there and go on to win.
Mon the Hibees!

Same, I'm not one to blame others for our own shortcomings but if a ref fails to make many clear cut decisions what is the point having a 90 minute contest? Might as well toss a coin.

Austinho
16-07-2016, 02:30 AM
Whilst I've moaned about the refereeing performance myself, one thing I should point out (not seen it posted elsewhere) was that Marvin Bartley kicked out at a Brondby player early on. And when I say 'kicked out', I mean he properly kicked the opponent off the ball. The referee only gave him a talking to, meaning he must have seen it. Should have been a straight red - no complaints.

The fact the officials went on to disallow us a legit goal, should have sent of Rudy Austin for a 2nd booking, deny us a clear penalty and all the other terrible decisions in between is secondary to the fact his incompetence actually allowed us to play with 11 men for the whole game.