PDA

View Full Version : Brondby highlights

HappyAsHellas
15-07-2016, 09:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhjsiGxlT64

worcesterhibby
15-07-2016, 09:56 AM
Cummings looks onside, Impossible to see from that how much contact there was for the Grant Holt penalty claim.

I've watched the full match on Hibs TV and the Ref was awful.

Set up to defend and break with pace in the 2nd leg and we can do this..they were no world beaters.

ancient hibee
15-07-2016, 09:56 AM
Brondby player is in the same position relative to defenders as Cummings was.One onside,one offside.

gaz1875
15-07-2016, 09:57 AM
Goal was onside and Holt had his foot stood on, should have been a penalty. Keeper mistake worse than I thought at the time :rolleyes:

easty
15-07-2016, 10:08 AM
Didnt think it was a pen last night, still dont now. I'm certain he'd have scored if he'd stayed on his feet, stupid from Holt.

lyonhibs
15-07-2016, 11:00 AM
If Holt is going to dive, can he please take lessons from someone who's good at it??

That was a pathetic effort - 4/10 at best

MB62
15-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Didnt think it was a pen last night, still dont now. I'm certain he'd have scored if he'd stayed on his feet, stupid from Holt.

:agree:

snooky
15-07-2016, 11:21 AM
If Holt is going to dive, can he please take lessons from someone who's good at it??

Eric Stevenson :aok:

Future17
15-07-2016, 11:50 AM

I didn't think it was a pen last night but wasn't sure. Still not sure, but think it probably was. I think the defender has been quite clever, but he turns his body away whilst leaving his foot out.

easty
15-07-2016, 12:21 PM
I didn't think it was a pen last night but wasn't sure. Still not sure, but think it probably was. I think the defender has been quite clever, but he turns his body away whilst leaving his foot out.

Even if the defenders left his foot there, I just don't think Holt has to go down, I think he chooses to.

Vini1875
15-07-2016, 12:34 PM
Cummings goal defintely onside and Holt penalty could have gone either way. Ref was brutal.

The Modfather
15-07-2016, 12:40 PM

We're trying to bring Pawlet in as a diving coach 😀

Future17
15-07-2016, 01:17 PM
Even if the defenders left his foot there, I just don't think Holt has to go down, I think he chooses to.

Maybe. There's a difference between choosing to go down and choosing to initiate contact though. If the defender has impeded him, it's a penalty regardless of what Holt chooses to do. Obviously, if you think Holt manufactured the contact that's a different story.

Spudster
15-07-2016, 01:21 PM
:rolleyes:

greenginger
15-07-2016, 03:58 PM
The Bronby scorer looks ahead of Hibs last defender when the shot is struck, so offside.

Another decision against us !

easty
15-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Maybe. There's a difference between choosing to go down and choosing to initiate contact though. If the defender has impeded him, it's a penalty regardless of what Holt chooses to do. Obviously, if you think Holt manufactured the contact that's a different story.

I don't think Holt initiated contact, there probably was contact from the Brondby boy, but it wasn't enough to make Holt fall over. It wasn't enough to stop him putting the ball in the net. We didn't get a goal because he threw himself down. It's a contact sport. No a "his foot touched my foot so I'm quite within my rights to throw myself down and scream for a pen" sport. Someone more savvy in the art of diving would have prob got the pen though.

basehibby
15-07-2016, 10:13 PM
I don't think Holt initiated contact, there probably was contact from the Brondby boy, but it wasn't enough to make Holt fall over. It wasn't enough to stop him putting the ball in the net. We didn't get a goal because he threw himself down. It's a contact sport. No a "his foot touched my foot so I'm quite within my rights to throw myself down and scream for a pen" sport. Someone more savvy in the art of diving would have prob got the pen though.

I can see why from that angle (which coincidentally is the ref's angle) the claim looks weak. From behind the goal though it was clear as day that the defender stuck his leg in and missed the ball, fouling Holt. Which is why Holt is so pissed off - he knows he was fouled! I also disagree it was a dive - when you are travelling at pace and trying to control a football it doesn't take a lot of contact to make you lose your balance - it doesn't show much from the TV angle but there was plenty enough contact.

Highland_Hibee
15-07-2016, 10:31 PM
Owww that goal is a stinker. Malkowski is that you?