PDA

View Full Version : FAO - Hibs DJ

GreenCastle
15-07-2016, 08:41 AM
The speakers are crap in the East Stand still and can't hear a word what's being said during announcements. Been like this for several seasons now and nothing has been changed. Any chance it could be sorted for the new season ?

(Disclaimer - I care more about what happens on the pitch than the speakers but surely can't be that hard to fix the acoustics?)

snooky
15-07-2016, 09:38 AM
I wish they would stop playing LOUD music before the game and at half time.
Those are the times folk want to chat and make calls. How many fans actually LISTEN to the blaring din?

Dear Mr DJ, STFU please.

It would be interesting to see the result of a poll. Loud Music - Yes or No?

Bothar Casca
15-07-2016, 09:52 AM
I don't think this is to do with the speakers and more to do with the DJ/Announcer. When the security announcments are made they are usually a lot clearer and you can at least make out what is being said. I've been to a few ladies and u20's games where theres been a different announcer and they are usually clear as well (albeit the stadium is basically empty).

GreenCastle
15-07-2016, 10:03 AM
I don't think this is to do with the speakers and more to do with the DJ/Announcer. When the security announcments are made they are usually a lot clearer and you can at least make out what is being said. I've been to a few ladies and u20's games where theres been a different announcer and they are usually clear as well (albeit the stadium is basically empty).

Does the guy post on here still ?

I know last season he was asking what fans wanted etc.

I agree the security announcement sounds clearer.

Is this an issue in the North and West stands also ?

Brizo
15-07-2016, 11:48 AM
Im glad someone has raised this as I thought it was just me having an old stoat moment but I found the music uncomfortably loud last night. The disc jockey had obviously decided to "pump up the volume". In particular that "classical" piece of music that he played was ear splitting levels.

Im not looking for a return to "records supplied by Bandparts" days but no need for the volume to be at those levels.

Petrie, turn it down.

bod
15-07-2016, 11:53 AM
The speakers are crap in the East Stand still and can't hear a word what's being said during announcements. Been like this for several seasons now and nothing has been changed. Any chance it could be sorted for the new season ?

(Disclaimer - I care more about what happens on the pitch than the speakers but surely can't be that hard to fix the acoustics?)

cant hear anything in West Upper @ FF end either. noticed they're all facing downwards, maybe the odd one should be tilted up the way

StevieT
15-07-2016, 11:56 AM
Agreed. Music far too loud at half time. Surely this is when most people want to talk but it was impossible to hear anything else last night.